SS OU Garchomp and Jirachi Core: Help me improve this team pls

Am I weird?

• Yes

• No

• Bruh why you ask that u weirdo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Now before you go onto this team, I already know some issues that I can see and is visibly noticeable during battles.

First of all, it lacks attacking mons. Garchomp is supposed to attack in this team, but after garchomp dies, it becomes a stall team. I need a mon that can fit Tyranitar's role AND attack. Urshifu isn't good enough as Jirachi can only help one. Jirachi is also only fairy resist here so Urshifu won't fit as well unless I modify the team.

Now after that disclosure, please proceed onto the team

Garchomp (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Scale Shot
- Stone Edge

I saw this on the SS OU Core Discussion(Credit to IQMathlete). Garchomp was banned in its debut generation for a reason. That reason is because of great speed, and great attack. I'm not exactly sure if sand veil would help here but idk it might help with more longetivity kinda. That will only work if I keep tyranitar. But anyhoo, the strat is to find a good switch in or just teleport with Clefable here and set up SD and then Scale Shot.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Ice Punch
- Healing Wish
Jirachi is healer. After almost killing garchomp beacuse of how reckless I am, jirachi comes in, maybe iron heads, and when possible, healing wishes into Garchomp, reviving the monster and terrorizing the other team. Its bascially togekiss. Togekiss is in RU though lol. But still. SOlid mon. Hurts Lando-T with Ice Punch, Counters other Garchomp with Ice Punch, U-turn for MoMeNtUm.
1609863036412.png

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Heat Wave
- Air Slash

Smogon says so yeah its too good at the game. It got reported for hacking. It has bulk, speed, and defog. It can maintain momentum with U-turn and I wasn't sure what to put on its other moveslots. Not sure how to explains but just bulky defogger and momentum maintainer. Its a solid pokemon, and it can withstand lots of moves, making it a good switch to bring in other mons with u-turn.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Thunder Wave
- Teleport
- Moonblast
utility clefable. Meant to status, then teleport. Moonblast to not get obliterated by Taunt. Clefable can bring in Garchomp with teleport and slow down faster mons or wear them down with Toxic and THunder Wave. Idk why 0 attack iv, I just used the teambuilder's EV's lol. Its other abilities are crap and magic guard avoids status and hazards so it won't get as worn down. I might consider wish though.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
Tyranitar is Tornadus' brother. Bulk. It can set up Stealth Rock and can just attack. I want a more offensive mon that can work defensively like Tyranitar but i can make do I guess. It would be cool if Tyranitar got u-turn or something because then I could just switch out. Swampert can't hit as hard as Tyanitar but it looks promising... This can chip damage with sand, breaking sashes for garchomp or kartana.

Kartana @ Choice Band
Ability: Beast Boost
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike

I needed grass type so Kartana is here to fill in this role. It can deal with Blissey very well and if Barraskewda is locked on liquidation, it can switch in for free and then get free beast boost with leaf blade. Most rain teams feature Ferrothorn so u kinda have to switch out. Other than that, Kartana is solid water resist. With perfect timing, it can switch in and then wreck havoc.

Well there is the team! Idk how to improve so u must tell me or u are weird

Its a great team one thing i would do is give kartana a assault vest which is the most common, but i have a choice scarf kartana so it can outspeed common threats and it already has a big attack so no need for choice band.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)