move 3: Focus Blast
move 4: Taunt / Calm Mind
ability: Trace
item: Gardevoirite
evs: 16 Def / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
nature: Modest

Moves
========
  • Hyper Voice is mandatory as it allows it to 2hko the majority of the tier.
  • Psyshock allows M-Garde to hit specially defensive mons that try to wall her
  • Focus Blast provides all the coverage needed to hit everything relevant
  • Taunt shuts down the support options of your opponent and adds a lot more pressure to your opponent
  • Calm Mind allows you to further boost her firepower and dent anything at +1

Set Details
========
  • We want this to hit as hard as possible, so max Special Attack with a Modest nature is vital.
  • With 240 speed, she is able to outspeed positive base 85 Pokemon.
  • The remain 16 EVs allow her to take physical hits better
  • Trace allows Mega Gardevoir to copy many good abilites such as Prankster, Shield Dust and Swift Swim, which can be used to her advantage, even before mega evolving.

Usage Tips
========
  • If you Trace Tomohawk's Prankster, it is better to not mega evolve on the first turn and just go straight for Taunt; this will shut it down completely as you will out prioritise it and prevent any status move initially and then be free to mega evolve on the next turn.
  • Most of the time, you're gonna be clicking Hyper Voice as it just hits incredibly hard in this metagame, allowing to break through most defensive cores with ease

Team Options
========
  • Since she lacks any form of priority, Colossoil and Talonflame can provide that for her to finish off weakened opponents.
  • Landorus-I provides an amazing wallbreaking core with Mega Gardevoir due to the amazing coverage these 2 have and provide for each other.
  • Since she has poor physical defense, Cyclohm and Ferrothorn can provide the physical bulk she desperately needs

Bulky CM
########
name: Bulky CM
move 1: Hyper Voice
move 2: Calm Mind
move 3: Wish
move 4: Protect / Hidden Power Ground
ability: Trace
item: Gardevoirite
evs: 208 HP / 252 Def / 48 Spe
nature: Timid

Moves
========
insert move details here

Set Details
========
insert set details here

Usage Tips
========
insert usage tips here

Team Options
========
insert team options here

Other Options
########
coverage options
other minor niche moveset

Checks & Counters
########
  • Steel-types: Scizor, Cawmodore and Mega Metagross will always force out Gardevoir as they OHKO with their STABs or will be able to take 1 hit and set up

Last edited:

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
For what you have, at first glance things look good. Not having max speed is a bit perplexing for me, but I trust your future set details will explain this. Really, just looking for some progress on this.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't really have any comments at the moment, but I just wanted to mention that, for the purposes of an analysis, you should list the base form's ability of choice on the set, rather than the megas, since that is what you need to select in the team builder. It might not always make a huge difference, but sometimes that choice can be important (such as if you are facing as swift swimmer in rain).

I see this is still a WIP, so I'll keep my comments to a minimum. However, I will say that Will-O-Wisp should be slashed in on the first set, as this heavily cripples physical Steel-types that may try switching into it, such as Mega Scizor and Mega Metagross, as well as being a good option versus certain physical attackers in general.

Maybe Pain Split might deserve a mention on the OO along with the obvious stuff like Destiny Bond and Substitute, while it also has some less viable stuff like Momento and Wish. Maybe a mention of Shadow Ball which hits Mega Gross and Kit, while a Scarf Gard set might be viable.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
QueenOfLuvdiscs, you have 48 hours to make serious progress or I'll be forced to give this analyses to Exclaimer.

EDIT: Nvm. Queen has dropped the analysis. It's all yours, Exclaimer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)