Gator aid for the Johto Classic [48hrs finished]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, Smogon! I'm back with another giveaway. The Johto Classic is coming up, in which you can only use Pokemon from the first and second generations. Now, I'm quite excited about this, since a ton of my favourite Pokemon are Gen II. I've been experimenting quite a bit on Showdown, and while everyone is understandably hyped about Dragonite, one thing I've found a lot of success with is Feraligatr. With Sheer Force and Life Orb it hits like a truck, and if you can set up some form of hazards and set up Dragon Dance without getting Thunder Waved, your opponent may as well say "good game" right then and there.

And if you haven't figured out what Pokemon I will be giving away already, I will be distributing a box of these things:

Level 1
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Sheer Force
31/31/31/x/31/31
Moves: Dragon Dance, Aqua Jet, Ice Punch, Crunch
Stock: 1 (Will breed more if supplies run low)
Feel free to use them in competitive, rebreed them and put them on your trade thread, Wonder Trade them, sacrifice them to Giratina, whatever. As for a good Feraligatr set, here's the one I've been using:

Feraligatr @ Life Orb / Lum Berry
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Ice Punch
-Crunch

Pretty standard stuff. Dragon Dance up and smack the opponent with the appropriate move. Slap on a Life Orb for what I've began calling the "Life Force" combo (Sheer Force removes LO recoil but keeps the boost) or use a Lum Berry if you're scared of Thunder Wave (Life Orb is vastly superior though imo). The power drop between Adamant and Jolly definitely sucks, but Jolly is required for outspeeding base 130s (Jolteon) at +1.

Steps to obtain your Totodile:
1. Catch a Whismur, ideally in a weird ball (to make it easier to identify)
2. Put it up for trade on the GTS with the message "L8r g8r!" and requesting a level 1 Totodile.
3. Post here with your IGN, the details of the Whismur you deposited, and your favourite Gen II Pokemon along with a sentence or two on why you like it.
4. Wait patiently - I have a life too! (At least theoretically.)
5a. Level to 50, EV Train, and tear things apart!
5b. If you were sniped, deposit another Whismur and post in the thread again. If you are sniped 3 times in a row, VM me for a direct trade.

Fun fact: These Totodiles were not cloned - they were all individually bred using Most's 6IV Ditto. In the process, I managed to get not one, but TWO Shinies. One is Sheer Force and 31/22/31/31/31/31, and the other is Female and 31/31/x/31/31/31... with Torrent. I can't decide whether the RNG loves or hates me.

Last edited:
IGN: Muad'Dib
Deposited: Male Whismur Lv. 13
Ball: Dusk Ball

Back at Gen. II my favorite pokémon was Scizor. I was already a fan of Scyther, and they went and covered it with metal!!! Instant favorite.

Just got it. Thank you for the pokémon.

Last edited:
IGN KaKÓ
Deposited Level 19 whismur

In gen ll my favorite Pokemon was umbreon. The design of this mon is still cautive me this days.

Last edited:
Weird, the exact pokemon I wanted to use on my new Y game.

IGN: Shawn
Deposited: Female Whishmur Level 18
Ball: Poke Ball (sorry, I already caught it)

I'll be honest Gen 2 seemed pretty bad in terms of pokes, but Umbreon was my favorite poke of Gen 2. It seemed like all the other Eevee evolutions were outclassed by Gen 1, maybe you could make an argument for Jolteon. But Umbreon was the first real gen 2 poke i really liked Thank you so much.

Last edited:
IGN: Sam
Deposited: Male Whismur Lv. 13
Ball: Heal Ball

Fave gen 2 mon is by far Tyranitar. This mon just wrecks competitively in singles OU specially during the height of infinite weather. That crazy sp. def in the sand and the ability to hit back with a choice banded earthquake is beyond monstrous.

Last edited:
IGN: Yamatana
Deposited: Whismur Male Lv.8
Ball: Ultra Ball

My favorite Pokemon from gen 2 is Politoed. Not just it's a new evolution from poliwhirl but it's an awesome pokemon for support and it's ability drizzle boost another water pokemon! Thanks !

IGN: Gradius
Deposited: nicknamed female Wismur lvl 8
Premier Ball

Lugia might be a copout, though I loved its design and psychic typing back then. So I'll say Misdreavus - finally a ghost type without that lame (at the time) secondary poison typing, which was so susceptible to the broken (at the time) psychic offensive typing. A pure ghost at last!

Thanks so much!

Last edited:
IGN: ◆ Yang Saske ◆
Desposited: lvl.15 female Whismur in a Veloxball

I love Houndoom, it's my favorite gen II pokemon, for its unique Fire/Dark typing and for its cool design, but i like also Thyplosion because it was my first starter ever in gen II game Pokemon Gold, and the first pokemon raised at level 100 (i remember the battles against the elite4). But between them i choose Houndoom.
Thank you for your giveaway :)

IGN: ◆ Yang Saske ◆
Desposited: lvl.15 female Whismur in a Veloxball

I love Houndoom, it's my favorite gen II pokemon, for its unique Fire/Dark typing and for its cool design, but i like also Thyplosion because it was my first starter ever in gen II game Pokemon Gold, and the first pokemon raised at level 100 (i remember the battles against the elite4). But between them i choose Houndoom.
Thank you for your giveaway :)
Sent!

IGN: NiaDan
Deposited: Level 8 female Whismur in an Ultra ball (sorry it's not rarer, but in my defense people usually catch whismur in a Poke ball at the start of the game)

I guess my fave Gen 2 is Tyranitar, badass design and it's been good in every gen I can think of.

EDIT: Received! ty :)

Last edited:
I deposited a Lv 9 male Whimsical (under its German name "Flurmel"), caught in a premier ball.
IGN is Pascal.
My favorite Pokemon from gen 2 is Tyranitar. Basically, what should I say, it's a fucking brutal monster with awesome stats and typing :D
Thanks for doing this giveaway!

Last edited:
IGN: Scribls
Deposited:Whimsur Lvl. 7 Female in a pokeball (Hardy Soundproof with Snore/Echoed Voice)

My favorite gen 2 is Houndoom - when gold/silver first came out fire/dark seemed like a badass typing and Houndoom ended up being a great manifestation of it. Not the strongest pokemon ever but it is fun to play around with given Nasty Plot, decent coverage, and solar power making it a hell of a glass cannon.

IGN: Natalia
Deposited: Female Whismur "Whistle" Lv. 14 in a Nest Ball

Gen 2 has a lot of cool pokemon, but Wobbuffet is one my favorites, just because it's such a fun and gimmicky one. It resembles a punching bag, gets mad if you touch its tail, the female form has lipstick, and the shiny Wobbuffet is ultra pink. Thank you so much for sharing your gators!

IGN: Daniel
Deposited: Level 1 male Whismur in a Quick Ball

Normally, I do not keep track of favourite Pokemon, but my favourite Generation II Pokemon is Typhlosion. It is Fire type (my favourite type) and has Eruption. So I like to use Choice Scarf and Eruption set.

Was sniped. Not received. Reposted.

Last edited:

Normally, I do not keep track of favourite Pokemon, but my favourite Generation II Pokemon is Typhlosion. It is Fire type (my favourite type) and has Eruption. So I like to use Choice Scarf and Eruption set.

Sniped. Re-uploaded.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Sniped. Re-uploaded.
Sent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)