Bug/Electric

HP: 70
Atk: 77
Def: 60
Spa:97
Spd: 60
Spe:108

Tension- Does not allow the foe to use their held berry
Compoundeyes-Increases this Pokémon's accuracy by 30% and increases the chance of finding items on wild Pokémon.
Swarm(dreamworld)-Boosts power of Bug-type moves 50% when at 1/3 HP or less.

[#596]: Lv1: String Shot, Lv1: Leech Life, Lv1: Spider Web, Lv1: Thunder Wave, Lv4: Thunder Wave, Lv7: Screech, Lv12: Fury Cutter, Lv15: [M527], Lv18: Bug Bite, Lv23: Gastro Acid, Lv26: Slash, Lv29: [M486], Lv34: Signal Beam, Lv40: Agility, Lv46: Sucker Punch, Lv54: Discharge, Lv60: Bug Buzz

[M527]: Special Electric PP: 15 Power: 55 / Accuracy: 95 Effect: Decreases opponent's Speed by 1 stage.
[M486]: Electric Special Power: --- / Accuracy: 100
More powerful the faster user is than target

Egg moves:

Pin Missile
Poison Sting
Cross Poison
Rock Climb
Pursuit
Disable
Faint Attack

Learnable TMs:

TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM16 - Light Screen
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM21 - Frustration
TM24 - Thunderbolt
TM25 - Thunder
TM27 - Return
TM32 - Double Team
TM42 - Facade
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM46 - Thief
TM48 - Troll
TM53 - Energy Ball
TM57 - Charge Beam
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM70 - Flash
TM72 - Volt Charge
TM73 - Thunder Wave
TM76 - Bug Resistance
TM81 - X-Scissor
TM84 - Poison Jab
TM87 - Swagger
TM90 - Substitute
TM93 - Wild Bolt
HM01 - Cut

Denchura@ Life Orb
Ability: Compoundeyes
EVS: 4HP/252Spa/252Spe
Nature: Timid
-Thunder
-Bug Buzz
-HP [Ice]
-Substitute/Thunder Wave/Enery Ball

This is a set I just really threw together, but it allows Denchura to abuse Thunder (180 BP with STAB), because of Compoundeyes. Bug Buzz ( 135 BP with STAB) also helps with ground and grass types. HP Ice for things like, Gliscor, Salamence, Garchomp and others. You can run Substitute, for a safe option, to see what your foe switches in. Thunder Wave is there if you want a 100% sure method of paralyze over Thunder's 30%. You could aslo run Energy Ball for Swampert.

LO Sweeper:

Denchura@Life Orb
Timid; 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Speed

Thunder
Bug Buzz
Volt Change
HP Grass / Ice

Denchura uses a simple 4-attack set to inflict damage with 100% accurate thunders.

Denchura@Petaya/Salac Berry

Thunder
Bug Buzz
Substitute
Energy Ball

Seems like one of the best sets, IMO. Sub protects it from status, damage, and eases prediction. It being SR weak will help it get into Petaya range (which is preferred to Salac Berry, since Thunder should be dishing out the paralysis). Bug Buzz devastates the likes of Tyranitar, Shaymin, Celebi, and other obstacles, and Energy Ball dismisses Swampert. Simple yet effective, it would probably work best late-game after having switched in once to scout/weaken its counters.

I personally like Denchura, It has a cool design and unique typing. It may look like a wannabe Jolteon, but it has some differences like a powerful Bug STAB, handy resistances, and ability to abuse Thunder, when its not raining. Its defences will hurt it though.

So, what are your thoughts on this new pokemon?

M486 is Butterfly Dance, the Sp.Atk, Sp.Def, Speed raising move. It's sick. I'm thinking of running a Modest set with Compound eyes and Thunder, Bug Buzz, Thunder Wave, Butterfly Dance. With his typing he might be able to get two BD off and really power up. Even with just one though, Thunder is going to hurt. Bug Buzz gives him near perfect coverage too, save for no forme Rotom and Gliscor. Well and the new Lightning Rod Zapdos.

I would consider Volt Change in the last one, as it allows Denchura to scout its switch-in.

It is such a shame that Denchura doesn't have Baton Pass in its arsenal as, unlike Ariados, it has the speed to pull off a speedy trap-pass with Spider Web.

EDIT: Butterfly Dance certainly has potential.

The only thing that turns me away from Denchura is the rather pitiful defenses, as well as Denchura's typing when taking hits. Offensively, I think he'd be just fine, but vulnerability to all three forms of Entry hazards, SR being strong against it, and barely any resistances seems a bit disheartening.

I'd like to see some people using him though. I think if he's given a little bit of support, Denchura can be a mean little sweeper. I for one would be trying out a SubPetaya set similar to Empoleon with AgilityButterfly Dance/Bug Buzz/Thunderbolt/Substitute and Swarm. A CompoundEyes variant with Thunder might also work out if you prefer using the Electric STAB and paralysis.

it seems like everything has 108 speed these days lol

ANd yeah, im definitely liking this new pokemon. Being only weak to rock and fire is always a plus and having a stab thunder that never misses is always beneficial. i can also see this electric icy wind move having a lot of potential to cripple switch ins

Ooh Butterfly Dance Compoundeyes Thunder looks nice, especially with its relatively good speed. Bug+Electric is only walled by a few things but I'm not so sure that Hidden Power Fire would be worth it (for Magnezone and Steelix), so Energy Ball, Sub or Charge Beam might be a better option. Volt Change would be nice if not for that immunity.

So are we looking at these as potential sets?

LO Sweeper:

Denchura@Life Orb

Thunder
Bug Buzz
Volt Change
HP Grass / Ice

Denchura uses a simple 4-attack set to inflict damage with 100% accurate thunders.

Boosting Sweeper:

Denchura@Life Orb / Leftovers

HP Ice
Thunder
Bug Buzz
Butterfly Dance

This set uses Butterfly Dance to simultaneously boost the special stats and speed, letting Denchura sweep late game. HP Ice > HP Grass because Swampert will already take quite a bit from Bug Buzz, and there are more dragons this time around.

I think that the set posted above should look more like this tbh.
Denchura @ Life Orb
252 Speed 252 Special Attack
Compound Eyes
Bug Buzz
Thunder
HP: Ice
Sub/Volt Change

this is a better version of the OP's Set imo, as it allows him to scout with Sub or Volt Change, but with sub he can beat Glisgor. HP: Ice for Glisgor Thunder for pure power and Bug Buzz for a reliable STAB option.

Denchura @ Life Orb / Leftovers
252 Speed 252 Special Attack
Compound Eyes
Thunder
HP Ice / Bug Buzz
Sub
Butterfly Dance

Sub Dance set. Sub then BD up using Thunder and HP Ice when needed. Thunder and HP Ice provide a bolt beam combo resisted by few, but Bug Buzz is more powerful and has STAB.
He looks useful as a pokemon only let down by SR weakness and Average Stats compeered to the rest of Gen 5.

the boosting set can do away with the leftovers, even with special defense boost it won't survive for long. stick with life orb, which helps even more behind a sub more than lefties in this context.

They don't resist bug, but they have the bulk to take an attack. Salamence, Dragonite, Garchomp - without HP Ice, you lose.

@SubZer0, sure.

For all the people who think CompoundEyes Thunder never misses, you are wrong. Thunder has a 91% accuracy with this ability.
At 91% accuracy, that's 1 above Rock Slide which statistically hits most of the time :)

Considering that Hydro Pump and Fire Blast, the two other commonly used "super moves", have 85% accuracy or less, Compound Eyes Thunder is just nuts

Personally, I wanna mess with a Set that runs Eleci Wind and whatever the Electric type Gyro Ball is called. Maybe even with Volt Change. Way too many electric moves, but I can't help but imagine 108 speed + speed dropper + paralysis support(?) would give it insane base.

I believe [M486] is Eleci Ball, it's base power is based off the gap in the user and the target's speed (the higher the user's speed, the stronger it becomes)

I love Denchura. His stats/movepool/abilities make him look like a very interesting pokemon to me, I expect him to be a solid UU or NU (my favorite tiers). While some people may look for the next super powerful pokemon or combination, I like overlooked pokemon with great potential and room for creativity like Denchura.

EDIT:I don't see Butterfly Dance anywhere in his movepool. His only unaccounted for move is 486, which is (special/electric).

I really like this new poke. With Butterfly Dance, it can't be killed by most Scarfers, seeing as the most common sit at 108> Spe. Not to mention the Fairly good coverage between Thunder + Bug Buzz, if you want to run a sub-set. Not to mention Resistances to Bullet punch and Mach punch (although i'm sure CB scizor BP still hurts like a mother on his Denchura's defense). ES still hurts though. But as for the HP ice discussion, It is definitely my first choice of HP, but Denchura can beat the dragons without it (i think, but i havent run calcs) on a sub set. Dragonite is the best chance, but it has to survive 2 stab thunders that are neutral (although it may be able to do that with investes bulk, not sure).

[M527]: Electric Special Power: 55 / Accuracy: 95
Lowers target's Speed

[M486]: Electric Special Power: --- / Accuracy: 100
More powerful the faster user is than target

The one that raises SA, SD, and speed is 483 =/

I'm glad he doesn't learn Butterfly Dance. There's likely more room for creativity instead of a dominant set. I am a bit sad he doesn't get Baton Pass, but Spider Web on a pokemon with powerful STAB electric moves/STAB Bug Buzz/great speed allows for fun mind games and momentum building (Volt Charge and Charge Beam are both also cool options).

Personally, I wanna mess with a Set that runs Eleci Wind and whatever the Electric type Gyro Ball is called.
This is what I was looking at as well. A set utilizing Eleci-Ball, Agility, Substitute, and Swarm could be pretty interesting. Something sort of similar to Empoleon.

Edit: The only things that learn Butterfly Dance are moths/butterflys. Our new Grass-type Doreida is the only exception. (Poor Belossom?)

This is what I was looking at as well. A set utilizing Eleci-Ball, Agility, Substitute, and Swarm could be pretty interesting. Something sort of similar to Empoleon.

Edit: The only things that learn Butterfly Dance are moths/butterflys. Our new Grass-type Doreida is the only exception. (Poor Belossom?)
I like that Idea. It could work with a peyata berry and Swarm ability with Bug Buzz.

I love this little guy. I've wanted a bug/elec for the longest time now.
Really is a shame his defenses are so babies.

Anyway, I can't be the only one who sees the potential Anxiety/Tension use. No berry usage for your opponent lets you paralyze Lum holders. With their lowered speed, you can hit 'em with a much more powerful Elec Ball. :v

Lets remember that even with compound eyes, thunder in the sun still has crap accuracy, and weather will be playing a big part in this generation. Essentially we could consider slashing Thunderbolt.

With a movepool as little as his (at least offensively) denchura tends to be predictable :/ the only way i see around this by using HP, but after that, denchura's a flat bug. i'd rather have it as specs user with the one-shot power Thunder and pray for paralysis, or the occasional U-Turn to scout

With a movepool as little as his (at least offensively) denchura tends to be predictable :/ the only way i see around this by using HP, but after that, denchura's a flat bug. i'd rather have it as specs user with the one-shot power Thunder and pray for paralysis, or the occasional U-Turn to scout
I'm not so sure I like the idea of specs for him.

For one, he's got a nasty SR weakness. That doesn't help his hit and run tactics at all. In addition, a lot of stuff is running around with Lightningrod/Motor Drive now, so you run the risk of giving a free boost to your opponent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)