Approved Gay PRIDE PS! Skin

I heard that some years ago Zarel put a gay pride colour scheme over PS. Could this please return for the remainder of June seeing as it's pride month? I'm being 100% serious btw.

E: Didn't realize I posted in the wrong part of the forum, can a Mod move this please? did

Last edited by a moderator:
On a more serious note this definitely would need to be done as an option, not mandatory. Forcing bright colors in place of dark mode could be more than irritating for some people. I know a guy who is diagnosed with over sensitive eyes. He has to wear sunglasses pretty much all the time and basically can’t use light mode. A bunch of vibrant colors out of nowhere would not be healthy. Gotta keep this as a third option.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
This isn't a the place to discuss political opinions, this is a forum to suggest features.

Concerning doing this, it would require a client change which is probably blocked by preact, also it would be low priority compared to some of the other things the dev team needs/wants to do (at least for me).

I'm locking this thread because the discussion is getting too heated, this suggestion is not denied or approved though.

Edit: Feel free to use an image of the pride flag via the background uploader if you really want a skin like this.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I heard that some years ago Zarel put a gay pride colour scheme over PS. Could this please return for the remainder of June seeing as it's pride month? I'm being 100% serious btw.
So, I guess, let me go over the history here. The buttons on the left side of the main menu used to be all blue.

When the Supreme Court legalized gay marriage in Obergefell v. Hodges in 2015, I made the main menu buttons rainbow-colored to celebrate.

Around half a year later, I decided it had been long enough, but also all-blue was too boring-looking to go back to, so now we dynamically generate button colors from the background image. Third party servers still default to rainbow buttons, so they can use whatever colors they want with custom CSS.

I don't really want to go back to the rainbow buttons - it'd be a step backwards from the current magic button colors. But if you find a good Pokémon-themed rainbow background (with permission to use it on PS), I'd be willing to put that as the default background for a few days (a month seems excessive), and also add it to the random rotation for the rest of the time.

"Default background" meaning it would replace the default random background for anyone who hasn't explicitly set an alternate background. I have no plans to override anyone who did, of course.

(I'm deleting the political argument and reopening the thread.)

So, I guess, let me go over the history here. The buttons on the left side of the main menu used to be all blue.

When the Supreme Court legalized gay marriage in Obergefell v. Hodges in 2015, I made the main menu buttons rainbow-colored to celebrate.

Around half a year later, I decided it had been long enough, but also all-blue was too boring-looking to go back to, so now we dynamically generate button colors from the background image. Third party servers still default to rainbow buttons, so they can use whatever colors they want with custom CSS.

I don't really want to go back to the rainbow buttons - it'd be a step backwards from the current magic button colors. But if you find a good Pokémon-themed rainbow background (with permission to use it on PS), I'd be willing to put that as the default background for a few days (a month seems excessive), and also add it to the random rotation for the rest of the time.

"Default background" meaning it would replace the default random background for anyone who hasn't explicitly set an alternate background. I have no plans to override anyone who did, of course.

(I'm deleting the political argument and reopening the thread.)
Thanks Zarel I'll get on this right away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)