GBU Tournament ($40 Prizepool) - Round 1

Without further ado, the first round of the GBU Tournament is up. Your matchups are all below. The deadline for this week is 7th April at 23:59:59 GMT. I'll be following up on anyone where I can see no scheduling activity on Friday. All matches are best of 3 GBU Singles matches to be played on pokemon showdown. Replays are preferred. Best of luck :)

mael vs Mikaav
Megazard vs Puff Killa
BK
vs marilli
soTsoT vs Serene Grace
NOVED
vs The Squash
Jmal98 vs zugubu royale
Lionyx vs The Kyle
average fella vs Mishimono
Ninjadog13 vs Cheese5555
SaDiSTiCNarwhal vs Moose And Goose
King Leo V vs Darkinium
Magma
vs DragonWhale
London13 vs Ika Ika Musume
Monsareeasy
vs dcae
Lancer Fr vs cant say
majority vs ALMAHZUZ

(This was generated by smogons bracket generator)

Subs:

(King Leo V, 11oyd, dandaman99 and GotCookies)

Last edited:

bobochan

slow mo my bobo
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
mael vs Mikaav
I don't see how Mikaav can win this but I can always hope/believe in a CAV.

Megazard vs Puff Killa
MZ has always been the bane of Puff. Even on a good day it'll be extremely difficult to beat MZ because his style counters Puff's, not to mention GBU is MZ's home turf. If Puff somehow manages to get past round 1, he can win the whole thing.

BK vs marilli
Does marilli even play GBU? If the answer is yes then he wins if the answer is maybe/sometimes/no, he will lose.

soTsoT vs Serene Grace
Both are good players but slightly leaning towards TT.

NOVED vs The Squash
NOVED Djokovic is a seasoned veteran in GBU while Squashie is more of a gen6/7 player. It's gonna be very hard to get past his former manager but we'll see how it goes.

Jmal98 vs zugubu royale
Everytime I predict Jmal to win he loses, so this time I will predict against him in hopes he gets past round 1. You can't discard the fact that zugubu is a very good player.

Lionyx vs The Kyle
Lio sensei has no problems getting past TK... or so it seems.

Bring plain chips to this match because there will be plenty of salt whichever side loses. average fella has the edge because he was trained in the arts of GBU by the legendary GE.

Ninjadog13 vs Cheese5555
OZ OZ OZ, OI OI OI

Meese the memer is extremely rusty unlike his twin bro Squashie but I'm hoping meese can win here.

SpaceWorm vs Darkinium
Count Darku has a lot of momentum/hype riding on his name but can he live up to his expectations? Find out in the coming week(s).

Magma vs DragonWhale
EZ win for the meanest user in BSS.

London is a GOAT but unfortunately for him Ika is going to become one of the greatest BSS players of all time, he will win BSPL V and BSSC 2020 Invites.

Monsareeasy vs dcae
Inb4 arctic chokes/gets haxed, you saw it here first.

Lancer Fr vs cant say
Lance is a competent 3v3 player but I know how it feels losing to cant say in GBU so rip him.

majority vs ALMAHZUZ
Majority wins (pun very much intended).

King Leo V vs 11oyd
Sorry mates but Leo can only beat 11oyd in non-BSS formats because the Tasmanian is just THAT good.

mael vs Mikaav
I don't see how Mikaav can win this but I can always hope/believe in a CAV.

Megazard vs Puff Killa
MZ has always been the bane of Puff. Even on a good day it'll be extremely difficult to beat MZ because his style counters Puff's, not to mention GBU is MZ's home turf. If Puff somehow manages to get past round 1, he can win the whole thing.

BK vs marilli
Does marilli even play GBU? If the answer is yes then he wins if the answer is maybe/sometimes/no, he will lose.

soTsoT vs Serene Grace
Both are good players but slightly leaning towards TT.

NOVED vs The Squash
NOVED Djokovic is a seasoned veteran in GBU while Squashie is more of a gen6/7 player. It's gonna be very hard to get past his former manager but we'll see how it goes.

Jmal98 vs zugubu royale
Everytime I predict Jmal to win he loses, so this time I will predict against him in hopes he gets past round 1. You can't discard the fact that zugubu is a very good player.

Lionyx vs The Kyle
Lio sensei has no problems getting past TK... or so it seems.

Bring plain chips to this match because there will be plenty of salt whichever side loses. average fella has the edge because he was trained in the arts of GBU by the legendary GE.

Ninjadog13 vs Cheese5555
OZ OZ OZ, OI OI OI

Meese the memer is extremely rusty unlike his twin bro Squashie but I'm hoping meese can win here.

SpaceWorm vs Darkinium
Count Darku has a lot of momentum/hype riding on his name but can he live up to his expectations? Find out in the coming week(s).

Magma vs DragonWhale
EZ win for the meanest user in BSS.

London is a GOAT but unfortunately for him Ika is going to become one of the greatest BSS players of all time, he will win BSPL V and BSSC 2020 Invites.

Monsareeasy vs dcae
Inb4 arctic chokes/gets haxed, you saw it here first.

Lancer Fr vs cant say
Lance is a competent 3v3 player but I know how it feels losing to cant say in GBU so rip him.

majority vs ALMAHZUZ
Majority wins (pun very much intended).

King Leo V vs 11oyd
Sorry mates but Leo can only beat 11oyd in non-BSS formats because the Tasmanian is just THAT good.
I can maybe say that prediction is pretty right

MOST INSIGHTFUL PREDICTIONS EVER, SAYING I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING IS PROHIBITED!!

2bh idk if half of the people im talking about have played gbu but whatever, STILL MOST INSIGHTFUL!!!!!!!!

mael
vs Mikaav
I could see Mikaav winning but i think mael will win

Megazard vs Puff Killa
Idk if puff has a clue what he is doing in GBU (although im sure he's better than me) but Ik Megazard is really solid at GBU!!!

BK vs marilli
Marilli goat in every format besides digimon.

soTsoT vs Serene Grace
No clue who either is so im copying bobo just like how i copied his format, not like its standard format or anything

NOVED vs The Squash
Squash is pretty solid at mishing.

Jmal98 vs zugubu royale
I just want Jmal to win. Power of mind!!

Lionyx vs The Kyle
Lionyx is cool ig.

Average Fella I think based on bspl having alot of gbu replays means that he is better. But Mish is good at one thing MISHING
This is Mish's pokemon critting you with every move.

Ninjadog13 vs Cheese5555
Legit no insight at all.

2 animals better than one!!!!

SpaceWorm vs Darkinium
Darkinium is one of the best if not the best GBU player.

Magma vs DragonWhale
DragonW is good, idk what to say.

Ika will go tryhard to keep that money. The money was just a lure for ika to find gbu games to play and to show people the real G.O.A.T is here.

Monsareeasy vs dcae
They dont play battle spot formats but I know they have some knowledge of gen 5. Idrk how this will work I just want to win :].

Lancer Fr vs cant say
cant sayToday at 7:03 PM
GBU is best format
im winning that tur
tour
As smogon says do not question mods, so ig Ika wont get the money back.

majority
vs ALMAHZUZ
Idk who ALMAHZUZ is and im not researching.

King Leo V vs 11oyd
I tried making a smawile joke but it was too cringy every time.

Just to let people know, I'll be checking for activity in about 24 hours. I'll give you a message if I don't see any sign of scheduling and if not I'll put in our subs. Happy to give extensions for a day or so if needed, just so long as communication is there. The deadline for them will be wednesday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)