Resource RBY & Tradebacks Bug Report Thread

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Speaking of Wrap, it seems like when you switch out of a Wrap, the PP decrement and damage recalc for the new Wrap are applied, but not the new accuracy check, as evidenced by the hits that occur when the first random number is greater than 216. I know all three are supposed to be ignored when you stay in and Wrap is allowed to continue, but not when you switch out and the Pokemon is forced to use a new Wrap. Note that the accuracy check is not skipped when a new Wrap PP is used after the existing Wrap is allowed to end, as evidenced by the miss on turn 11.

I think i found a bug with wrap. If you use a wrap-like move (in my case it was fire spin) and the opponent switches out and the move then misses, you are forced to use wrap again (because all the other attcks are not available to choose), or switch out.

This would be fine if the attack hit, but not if it missed.

I have a replay but those kind of things cannot be seen there i think so i guess thats pointless...

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Ok, Gen 1 Counter should always work properly now. I think.
Fix: https://github.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Showdown/commit/eac5f934e2f93b6c7f95ae5174732f8c2dd482fc

Turn 1
The opposing Persian used Slash!
It doesn't affect Gengar...
Gengar used Night Shade!
The opposing Persian lost 30% of its health!
Turn 2
Popsickles withdrew Persian!
Popsickles sent out Tauros!
Gengar used Counter!
The opposing Tauros lost 56.0% of its health!
Turn 3
The opposing Tauros used Earthquake!
It's super effective! Gengar lost 67.2% of its health!
Gengar used Counter!
But it failed!

Turn 1
Persian, come back!
Go! Chansey!
The opposing Gengar usedCounter!
But it failed!
Turn 2
Chansey usedSeismic Toss!
The opposing Gengar lost 30% of its health!
Chansey lost28.4%of its health!
Turn 3
But it failed!
Chansey usedCounter!
But it failed!

If you find any bug relevant to Counter, please let me know ASAP by all means possible!

Hello again.
I have another bug to report. it concerns residual damage from poison/burn. Poison/burn should not hurt the pokemon if it just defeated another pokemon, but on the simulator it does, but that has already been said earlier in this thread.
Apart from that bug, i found another small one: Poison/burn hurts an incoming pokemon on the simulator right after it came in, which is correct, BUT only if the incoming of that pokemon is the result of a SWITCH, not if the incoming of that pokemon is the result of sending that pokemon in after another pokemon died. Here is a replay:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1customgame-200734616

Cloyster gets hurt by poison in turn 4 which is incorrect.

AND if a pokemon was poisoned by TOXIC the only thing the simulator does, when a pokemon comes in is altering the toxic symbol below the HP bar to a poison symbol (which is also correct) but it doesn't do any poison damage in this turn, which it actually should do (if that pokemon got SWITCHED in). As u can see in this replay in turn 21 :

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1ou-200559349

I hope everything in this post was understandable.

Lusch

Last edited:

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Turn 2

Cloyster used Clamp!
The opposing Porygon lost 13% of its health!
Cloyster clamped the opposing Porygon!

The opposing Porygon can't move!
Turn 3
★Radikal-Rage: lawl

Cloyster used Clamp!
The opposing Porygon lost 14.0% of its health!

The opposing Porygon's Clamp ended!
Turn 4

Cloyster used Clamp!
A critical hit! The opposing Porygon lost 25% of its health!
Cloyster clamped the opposing Porygon!

Turn 5
★Radikal-Rage: epic battles in G1

Cloyster used Clamp!
The opposing Porygon lost 25% of its health!

The opposing Porygon's Clamp ended!

is this supposed to happen?

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Sorry to burst your bubble Joim, but Counter still isn't glitched just right (turn 7 Counter did nothing, even though Tauros used no PP during the Hyper Beam recharge on his turn).

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I've caught the bug, the move is being overriden on trying to use a move, but not after pp deduct, including recharge.
Fixed: https://github.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Showdown/commit/adf11a903633d9d259aa00b632f3a7adf86d25f6

Turn 1
Popsickles withdrew Chansey!
Popsickles sent out Snorlax!
Snorlax used Hyper Beam!
The opposing Snorlax lost 48% of its health!
Turn 2
Snorlax must recharge!
The opposing Snorlax used Counter!
Snorlax lost 97.1% of its health!
Turn 3
Snorlax used Counter!
But it failed!
The opposing Snorlax used Counter!
But it failed!
Turn 4

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
There was also an issue yesterday where I had a Dragonite who was locked into Wrap after he KOed another mon and a new mon entered the field. The "in the middle of Wrap" status should have been cleared after the KO afaik.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1randombattle-201858428

Turn 17

LukeLongTimeAgo withdrew Jolteon!

LukeLongTimeAgo sent out Ditto!

Magneton used Mimic!
Magneton learned !
Mimic decided to choose an empty slot on Ditto by the looks of it. It gave Magneton an undefined moveslot. I am unsure how mimic is supposed to interact with an untransformed Ditto, but I'm almost positive this isn't the way it is supposed to work. This only slimly applies to RBY randbats tbh (no one in there right mind will be using Ditto in standard play and the likelihood of it coming in on mimic is low).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)