Resource RBY & Tradebacks Bug Report Thread

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
seemingly not fixed on smogtours

Turn 28
The opposing Gengar used Explosion!
It doesn't affect Gengar...

Gengar is fast asleep.

Turn 29
Ash Ketchum withdrew Gengar!
Ash Ketchum sent out Exeggutor!

Gengar is fast asleep.
Gengar woke up!

Hey guys, I don't know the exact gen1-mechanics, so I'm not sure if this is a bug, but it seems wrong:
A previously toxiced pokemon is switched back in, toxic turns into normal poison, so far so good. It then gets seeded and leech seed drains 12% while poison does 12% damage every following turn, that means it doesn't increase after that. Just watch it yourself:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1customgame-233129074
I'm not sure what is supposed to happen. My guess is that poison and leech seed should both do 6% damage every turn, but maybe one of them should do increasing damage, or both.... Maybe one of you knows :)

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Hey guys, I don't know the exact gen1-mechanics, so I'm not sure if this is a bug, but it seems wrong:
A previously toxiced pokemon is switched back in, toxic turns into normal poison, so far so good. It then gets seeded and leech seed drains 12% while poison does 12% damage every following turn, that means it doesn't increase after that. Just watch it yourself:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1customgame-233129074
I'm not sure what is supposed to happen. My guess is that poison and leech seed should both do 6% damage every turn, but maybe one of them should do increasing damage, or both.... Maybe one of you knows :)
Toxic reverts to normal poison after switching out. That is not a bug.

I think he might've got confused because Leech Seed + Toxic accumulate damage when you don't switch out, and apparently when the Chansey was Seeded in the game, what occurred was normal poison (which in gen 1 does 1/16 damage each turn afaik) started doing 1/8, same as Leech Seed. EDIT: Wow I'm dumb, Isa is right. Leech Seed should do 1/16 too, so it doesn't make sense that both are doing 1/8 (I incorrectly assumed Leech Seed did 1/8 in gen 1)
I don't really know if that has to happen or not because, from what I read in Bulbapedia, what stacks is Toxic poison, not the normal one. Or maybe it just refers to mons that were hit by Toxic, meaning it's ok that Leech Seed and normal poison caused by Toxic stack. Maybe someone can try it out ingame?

Last edited:
Hey guys, not sure if I understood that Paralysis/Burn stat drops stacking glitch entirely, but if a move reduces or increases a stat of a pokemon in battle and the pokemon that did not use the stat changing move is paralyzed or burned, the burn/para stat drop (atk/speed) is applied again. Is that right, or did i understand it wrong?
Anyways I belive, that in this replay, in Turn 5 Alakazam should not move first. The rest of the replay i was just trying out stuff, turns 4 and 5 are the ones that matter...

Hey guys, not sure if I understood that Paralysis/Burn stat drops stacking glitch entirely, but if a move reduces or increases a stat of a pokemon in battle and the pokemon that did not use the stat changing move is paralyzed or burned, the burn/para stat drop (atk/speed) is applied again. Is that right, or did i understand it wrong?
Anyways I belive, that in this replay, in Turn 5 Alakazam should not move first. The rest of the replay i was just trying out stuff, turns 4 and 5 are the ones that matter...
in that replay zam moved first cause eggy was also paralyzed, and no stat changing moves were used (psychic's drop is a secondary effect so it doesn't apply to this situation)

anyway, i run in another bug, here's a replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1ou-233864630

turn 63: +2 surf does 47% (+2 Slowbro Surf vs. Alakazam: 143-169 (45.6 - 53.9%)), and this is perfectly fine
turn 66: +4 surf does 48% (+4 Slowbro Surf vs. Alakazam: 215-253 (68.6 - 80.8%))
turns 69 and on: +6 surf does ~48-54% (+6 Slowbro Surf vs. Alakazam: 276-325 (88.1 - 103.8%))

is this some obscure mechanic i'm not aware of?

in that replay zam moved first cause eggy was also paralyzed, and no stat changing moves were used (psychic's drop is a secondary effect so it doesn't apply to this situation)
Per Crystal's post here this is incorrect. That is to say that Lusch was correct in identifying that as a bug =]

Reactions: Isa
turn 63: +2 surf does 47% (+2 Slowbro Surf vs. Alakazam: 143-169 (45.6 - 53.9%)), and this is perfectly fine
turn 66: +4 surf does 48% (+4 Slowbro Surf vs. Alakazam: 215-253 (68.6 - 80.8%))
turns 69 and on: +6 surf does ~48-54% (+6 Slowbro Surf vs. Alakazam: 276-325 (88.1 - 103.8%))
Unless I'm missing something there's something really wrong with this.

As for the other replay, Egg should've indeed moved first since Psychic's spc fall quartered zam's speed again.

Edit: fixed

Last edited:
Crystal_
"Egg should've indeed moved second since Psychic's spc fall quartered zam's speed again"
Please for those (like me) who still don't undestand, explain, why EGG should move SECOND, ZAM's speed got QUARTERED.
Sorry, but in my logic the one who's speed got quartered has 4 times LESS speed than before, so why should that one still not move second?
I don't get it^^

Last edited:
Hi, I'm not sure if this is something that's already known but Wrap PP is not correct, based on this battle. By my count my opponent had used Wrap 21 times when he claimed that it rolled over. This is further corroborated by the fact I did stay in on the last Wrap PP use, and my opponent had PP remaining after that.

Also manually counting PP is a monumental pain in the ass

Why exactly do people like using PS over PO again?

froggy25

Bye RNGmon
is a Researcher Alumnus
Wrap sometimes uses 2 PPs instead of 1 on the switches. I believe this bug has already been reported ? (not sure about this)

Last edited:
Vastly superior teambuilder, better old gen mechanics (no disrespect Joim btw, you're doing good stuff), much more helpful battle window

Couldn't care less that it's a separate program
Just how often does the turn limit come into effect? lol
People actually want to play with sleep trapping? That's also a pretty minor concern in the scheme of things imo, even if the way it's implemented is bullshit

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen1ou-61954

zam drops starmie's special while they're both para'd and starmie is faster? fix it please. also then starmie drops zam's special as well and it turns into a speed tie between them?
EDIT: I think I've identified the problem. The speed is being quartered from the wrong target. You can see it better at turn 19. Alakazam's Psychic spc fall caused it to quarter its own speed, becoming slower than Starmie.
In the next turn (20), Starmie's Psychic spc fall caused it to quarter its own speed. Since both were at speed = floor (original speed/16) at that point, it resulted into a speed tie.

The bug at turn 9 dates back from turn 6, where zam got its speed quartered due to scoring a spc fall against a para'd starmie.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)