Gen 1 Gen 1 team- Blue Bombers (Pkmn Blue/ G1 OU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. New to the forums, and I guess to Pokemon in general. I've played Blue a number of times, and am making my first serious attempt to beat it (matter of fact I'm dorking around on Cinnibar right now), and this is my current team.

Spyro (Charizard): Level 55
HP: 186
ATK: 132
DEF: 112
SPC: 132
SPE: 150
MOVES: Flamethrower, Earthquake, Slash, Fire-Spin

Articuno: Level 50
HP:152
ATK:103
DEF:118
SPC:146
SPE: 98
MOVES: Peck, Ice-Beam

Sleepy (Snorlax): Level 31
HP: 149
ATK: 75
DEF: 53
SPC: 49
SPE: 31
MOVES: Psywave, Amnesia, Strength, Rest

Sparky (Raichu): Level 31
HP: 88
ATK: 68
DEF: 47
SPC: 65
SPE: 76
MOVES: Thunder-bolt, Submission, Flash, Thunder wave

Sava (Vaporeon): Level 30
HP: 125
ATK: 50
DEF: 53
SPC: 79
SPE: 53
MOVES: Quick-Attack, Double Team, Blizzard, Ice Beam

Rosa (Victreebel): Level 23
HP: 73
ATK: 60
DEF: 42
SPC: 53
SPE: 41
MOVES: Cut, Toxic, Mega-drain, Sleep Powder

On occasion I swap Gyarados in for Snorlax due to lack of water-types on my team, and I'm thinking I should leave Ice to Articuno and get Vaporeon to learn a few Water moves. Spyro is my heavy-hitter and can one or two shot just about anything I need to get through fast, unless I'm training my other guys or some of my pokemon in storage. Admittedly he seems a bit OP for this team, but I honestly don't know.

With Raichu I usually use him to paralyze a foe and then switch off for something stronger. He's rarely used alone, but in those few cases he's held his own fairly well.

I'm not entirely for sure on Snorlax, beyond trying to get him to be a support or maybe a second heavy hitter. I do have a lapras I'm trying to work with and get trained. Being that I caught him late game, Lapras is throwing me for a curve ball. I'm considering getting rid of Victreebel as I really can't see what use it'll have later on, maybe as just a swap for a quick poison and swap back.

What I'm trying to do is make this team a bit more balanced and more of a battle-ready team in game and on here. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
EDIT: I have used this team on here with these exact stats/moves a few times and they've gotten creamed consistently, mainly against a tauros. Literally, they all go down one after the other...

Last edited:

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello Dragonborn97 , and welcome to Smogon!

Unfortunately, this RMT is currently not following the rules which can be found in the RMT Resource Thread; specifically, this thread violates rule #4, because you lack sufficient descriptions for each Pokemon on your team. As such, I am afraid that I will have to lock this thread for the time being. If you would like this thread to be reopened, feel free to PM me with your updated RMT, and I would be happy to reopen this thread for you. If you need help making an RMT up to the required standards, I recommend that you carefully read the RMT Resource Thread and check out other RMTs from the Team Showcase and RMT Archive for some examples.

Good luck with your team, and have a nice day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)