Gen 3 Learnset Verification

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is a project that was started a couple years ago and went unedited from December of 2011 until today. Here's the scoop about this project (parts of project that are completely finished are slashed out):

• Verify that moves can / can't be learned by certain methods:
    • Emerald/FRLG Move Tutors
    • RSE / FRLG Level Up Moves
    • RSE / FRLG Egg Moves
    • XD Move Tutors
    • XD Purification
  • Moves from each game that are missing from the SmogDex
    • Emerald / FRLG Move Tutors
    • RSE / FRLG Level Up Moves
    • RSE / FRLG Egg Moves
    • XD Move Tutors
    • XD Purification
Basically, we're reaching the final stretch, but we still need all the help we can get because this is the boring and tedious part. Here's where you come in. Please abide by the following instructions to join in on the "fun."

• There are multiple hundreds of entries to verify. Post in this thread that you are willing to help (only post once please) and how many you are willing to do. No pie in the sky. Sign up for an amount that you can realistically handle.
  • I will be the arbiter of who gets to join the project. If I do not know you, I will look at your post history and talk to staff regarding your character. I have the right to deny anyone access.
  • When I have enough applicants, I will close the thread and assign each person their workload. At this point, PM me your email address and I will give you the link to the spreadsheet as well as editing access as soon as I am ready.
  • If you are uncomfortable giving me your email address, please save both your and my time by not posting here. Or just make a new account or something. I'm not giving access to guest users. Thanks.
  • You will check each and every move you are assigned, one by one. Do not assume anything.
  • This isn't the most exciting of work. Grab some headphones, listen to some music, watch a movie you've seen a million times.
That about covers it. If you have any questions, go ahead and ask here.

I know I'm not a common face around the forums (or anywhere for that matter), but I want to do 300 of them (or any amount you are willing to give me really). It has always bugged me how smogon doesn't have move tutor moves in the learn sets.

Just to clarify, we must be ingame standing in front of the tutor with said pokemon to make it count right? i was thinking too hard i guess

ok! that makes it so much easier thanks

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
No way. All of the moves have been tirelessly recorded by previous researchers over the years. All your job will be is to see if the moves that have been recorded are already in the SmogDex. I'll send you the appropriate information soon. Thanks for your willingness to help!

tehy

Banned deucer.
Disappointing to hear, since I have basically all of the games in question.

I supppose, realistically, that I would be willing to do, say, fifty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)