[Gen 5] OU Team - "Corazon Classic"

Well, not much to say as intro besides this: I am NOT using this as a VGC team (obviously) as there are more than just Gen 5 Pokemon. So, do not base rating/feedback on VGC mentality. This is meant to be a competitive team, but not for the sole purpose of the Unova VGC. So, with that aside...here is my OU Team "Corazon Classic"

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barb
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpDef
Nature: Relaxed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock

Simple, standard set here for the Ferrothorn lead. Set-up some entry hazards with spikes and stealth rock. Gyro ball for damage due to ridiculously low speed, and Power Whip for more coverage... as with these 2 moves I am able to hit almost anything for at LEAST neutral damage. Leftovers allow for more set-up hazards to occur.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body (No need for water absorb anymore)
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Nature: Bold
- Scald
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

My spin-blocker to protect the entry hazards, and a bit of a bothersome wall to boot! Will-O-Wisp, taunt and recover lead to him lasting quite awhile, while he makes sure the opponent is locked down. Scald is a reliable STAB for great damage on Pokemon that are common such as Blaziken, Chandelure, Infernape, Heatran, etc. Leftovers give even more longevity with constant recovery.

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate (Until I get a DW Moxie)
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Universal coverage, speed and bulked up strength make him a viable and dangerous sweeper. Life orb increases damage along side dragon dance. Waterfall as STAB, and the other 2 for more coverage and damaging ability.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal (Reason for DW Prefix)
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 Spe
Nature: Impish
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Taunt

Able to stop common threats such as Excadrill. Great stall-breaker thanks to Taunt. Shutsout Skaramory and Ferrothorns with Taunt as well, which is a plus. Swords dance to bulk up for a sweep. Poison heal and toxic orb for health regeneration.

Heatran @ Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature: Naive
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power (Ice)
- Flame Charge

Great counter and check to nearly any thread, including Excadrill with balloon. Fire blast over flamethrower for power, rather than accuracy with my fire STAB. Earth power for other Heatran mostly. HP Ice for Garchomp, Gliscor and Landorous as some examples. Flame charge for speed boost with some damage on the side. This set is for an all out attack force that shouldn't be taken lightly!

Gorebyss @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Modest
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- HP Grass
- Ice Beam

Figure I will give this a try for my last slot over the previous Milotic. With HP Grass I will be able to combat the opposing Starmie, Swampert, Quagsire, etc. Ice beam for dragon slaying. Surf for STAB. Shell smash for an added boost! Great late game sweeper.

I feel this team is well balanced, and that every member is covered in some degree from its weaknesses. The strengths outweigh the weaknesses by far with total coverage and resistance to any threat. All of my choices have great synergy due to varied typing, and the ability to switch into whatever would otherwise harm my active Pokemon without taking excessive damage. I have solid sweep potential among my attackers, and I have some impeccable walls that come with a bit of a bite as well. Overall, I don't see any problem being successful with this team, but I would like the opinion of other members of the community for some external feedback.​

i would really suggest giving heatran subsitute over nitro charge,so you can switch it in on something thats weak to it(like a ferrathorn)then when go with the ovious switch you can set up a sub,then for whatever they send it you can send off one hit onto whatever it is then if it breaks your sub you can switch after that into something to take down the foe

Hmmmm ok I see where you're going with that. I will definitely see how that goes as an option as well before my final decision. They are both viable options. I'm a little disappointed that 80 people have seen this and only 1 has given feedback :/

Your team is absolutely slaughtered by Starmie. Ferrothorn is the only thing that has any chance against it. Frankly I would get rid of Milotic since it's not doing anything that Jellicent can't, and stick in something like an Evolite Porygon2 or something.

I had not noticed my complete weakness to water. How would a Gorebyss fit in over Milotic with HP Grass? Would I be fine if I did that, or still lacking?

Your team is absolutely slaughtered by Starmie. Ferrothorn is the only thing that has any chance against it. Frankly I would get rid of Milotic since it's not doing anything that Jellicent can't, and stick in something like an Evolite Porygon2 or something.
I agree with Xephyr. Your team's weak to Starmie. I think its also weak to Rotom-W as well. I'd run Water Absorb over Cursed Body for Jellicent since you get a free 25% HP boost for switching to a water move.

Dragon tail + ice beam is useless. Dragon tail is enough against dragon types, partly because Milotic will get OHKOed or 2KOed if launching ice beam against a grass type.
It means you have place for HP grass on Milotic

Ok, I will go water absorb on Jellicent instead for that. And I will drop Ice Beam on Milotic for HP Grass. Thanks for the help :)

Your synergy was real nice, up until Molitic, its not not needed on your team. I honestly can't think of another pokemon, those 5 pokemon are pretty good. Prehaps haveing a lead position would be better? Then ferrothorn can ditch either stealth rocks or spikes and get leech seed or thunderwave in its place.

Updated my OP awhile ago with the Gorebyss over Milotic and still need assistance for a critique. I am probably not allowed to bump, but I would rather do that than make a new thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)