Pet Mod [Gen 6] Megas Revisited - Slate 15: Playtesting

What time would you be able to play in roomtours this weekend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:sm/beedrill-mega:
Name: Mega Beedrill
Type: Bug / Ground
Ability: Skill Link
Stats: No Changes
New Moves: Bone Rush, Fake Out, Spike Cannon
Description: The bee can now shoot its stingers. TBD.

Yoshiblaze

ye
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
For the first time in awhile, we have a full sub review from me! This is because none of the subs so far are likely to get vetoed (for balance reasons, that is), but I still wanted to give my thoughts on submissions this slate, especially since I don't plan on submitting anything myself

Most of these will be quick and remember that these are just my opinions, so you don't have to take my advice if you don't want to

:mawile-mega: Base MegaMaw is cool and I think this is balanced, it's very borderline since it's just a 10 point Attack nerf but I'd be willing to try it
:beedrill-mega: Sounds a bit annoying to play against with hazard control being hard to come by, though since everything else about it is really lacking, it just about evens out to being just okay. Can't say I'm a huge fan either way though

:sableye-mega: See what I said about Gravity Monkey's Mawile except that this has even less of a chance of being broken
:beedrill-mega: Pretty alright, Bug/Rock is a neat typing and Good As Gold could make this a demon on hazard stacking teams (though at least we have like 5 good Spinners)

:beedrill-mega: Nice simple mon, you just delete things with Double-Edge or U-Turn. I do want to note that I will assume to you'd mean the actual Gen 7 version of Galvanize that only boosts by 1.2x if you don't specify. I'd honestly prefer if you keep it like that since 150 Attack with an -ate ability is a lot
:sableye-mega: Funny Dauntless Shield, I'm not sure how good it can be with how bad its special bulk is but I like it
:mawile-mega: Basically just a weaker base Mega Maw but there's nothing wrong with that. If you have the space for it, I'd try to move some points into Special Attack to lean more into Sheer Force (just like how base Mawile occasionally does in vanilla) and to make it more interesting

:beedrill-mega: Defense Beedrill is not something I'd expect, but I think you pulled it off decently and a defensive Mega would be nice to have after last slate only gave us offensive ones
:sableye-mega: I do agree that this is pretty goofy, not sure if I'm a huge fan of regular Sab on steroids but it certainly fits Sableye well
:mawile-mega: Adding recovery to stuff is kinda boring but I do like it here as not many people leaned into Maw's great defensive qualities but you did, making this more interesting to me. I might be crazy but fsr I feel like you could add Bulk Up/Curse to this

:beedrill-mega: I like it, provides a different angle to Beedrill where its power comes from its coverage instead of its STABs
:sableye-mega: Seems a little weak since its frail and its ability doesn't help all that much. Can't think of anything to improve it off the top of my head, maybe slightly more bulk and a physical setup move would do
:mawile-mega: This is a neat concept that's basically Huge Power Maw but you don't get broken Sucker Punch. However, this would get vetoed because Psychic Fangs is a Gen 7 move and thus can't be included. Just remove that and you're good

:beedrill-mega: is better base mega bee, i like
:sableye-mega: I hate Garganacl's status immunity so much, but I'm okay with it on this since it doesn't have Salt Cure or Leech Seed or insane bulk (or Terastalization lol), neat wincon and stall mon
:mawile-mega: This ability is honestly kinda crazy and we just added a trapping Mega last slate, so I'm not sure if I like that part, but I can say that it's an interesting idea since there's some risk to it. Swagger also sounds really annoying on this as you'd get to trap a confused mon in Gen 6 but that'd be a meme (I hope) EDIT: nvm swagger is banned in gen 6, thank you prankster

:beedrill-mega: Nothing too crazy here, it works
:sableye-mega: Kinda weak but I like the idea. This would get vetoed due to having Power Trip, a Gen 7 move, but aside from that it's fine, so just make sure to get rid of that
:beedrill-mega: Another Beedrill with a crazy ability balanced by everything else being really bad. Like the other one, this probably won't be very good because the bad traits are real bad, but the concept is there
:beedrill-mega: Very glad someone did Bug/Ground Beedrill so I wouldn't have to sub nerf JolteMons MegaBee, am a fan

And that's it! Submissions will close in 24 hours, so be sure to make any last second changes and additions!

See you soon!

Last edited:
:sv/beedrill-mega:

Type: Bug/Dark
Ability: Adaptability
Stats: No changes
New Moves: Pursuit, Sucker Punch, Hyperspace Fury
Description: MegaBee with cooler STABs, Fairies L’s this but whatever it’s fine

:sm/mawile-mega:
Name: Mawile-Mega
Type: Steel/Dark
Ability: Earth Eater
Stats: 050 HP / 135 Atk (+50) / 110 Def (+25) / 055 SpA / 080 SpD (+25) / 050 Spe (480 BST)
New Moves: Bulk Up, Earthquake, Magic Coat
Description: I never got why Mawile randomly became Fairy in Gen VI, especially if it was going to get such an overpowered Mega on top of that, even with the supposed mythological trends that the Fairy type tends to lean into since Mawile has pretty much always looked like a Dark type and was probably meant to be one from the start originally, which Bisharp existing now shouldn't change that. So this becomes Steel/Dark in part because of that but also because I want it to be capable of actually dying instead of it was left Steel/Fairy and only had literally one 2x weakness that pairs obnoxiously well with Heatran since even with Mawile's low HP, it does get Pain Split already. Becoming Dark type also boosts all of its more abundant physical moves instead of leaving it with STAB on only one Steel move and only one (inaccurate) Fairy move. Speaking of Bisharp, Mawile already generally has enough to differentiate it from Bisharp movepool-wise with far better coverage, especially with access to Thunder Punch to blow up Water types that Knock Off can't touch (*cough* Blastoise-Mega *cough), and now has more initial Attack, Defense, and SpD specifically due to that mon while its lesser Speed and lack of Defiant means it doesn't automatically obviate Bisharp. Not much to say about this otherwise other than it's also a much needed check--counter, really, outside of being able to be powdered and Leech Seed--to Venusaur-Mega's tyranny. (Bulk Up may need to go though--unsure.)

:sm/sableye-mega:
Name: Sableye-Mega
Type: Dark/Ghost
Ability: Gemstone Phylactery = Ghost-typed Water Bubble clone (a.k.a. doubles the power of its Ghost-type moves, halves Fire-damage, and prevents & heals Burn status because Water Bubble is bonkers like that)
Stats: 050 HP / 075 Atk / 125 Def (+50) / 065 SpA / 115 SpD (+50) / 050 Spe (480 BST)
New Moves: Destiny Bond, Hex, Phantom Force
Description: Gods it took forever to think of an ability for this after ending up giving Earth Eater to Mawile-Mega due to that thing's weirdly innate Steel typing unfortunately making it by default a better mon to counter Venusaur-Mega. I considered so many other things including a Rock-type version of Earth Eater (after being reminded that Mountaineer "only" works on incoming), a buffed Rocky Payload, and even the too weak (on Sableye) Compound Eyes until I decided on this. As strong as a Water Bubble clone is going to be by default, it's still less obnoxious than Magic Bounce and not as strong as Huge Power (or the special equivalent we just gave Medicham-Mega), which is the main thing that needed to be changed with Sableye-Mega. That said, Hex might be a bit much on this one despite not buffing either of its attacking stats at all, especially with its access to both Calm Mind and Nasty Plot already, so I'll understand if it needs to go; in contrast, having Hone Claws already seems more than fine though given that all physical Ghost type moves still suck in Gen VI given Poltergeist unfortunately doesn't exist yet.

:sm/beedrill-Mega:
Name: Beedrill-Mega
Type: Bug/Ground
Ability: Levitate Aerilate
Stats: 065 HP / 150 Atk (+60) / 040 Def / 015 SpA (-30) / 080 SpD / 145 Spe (+70) (495 BST) [a.k.a. the canon stat distribution, which I'm assuming we're allowed to use despite it flying--buzzing in?--in the face of Megas for All's distribution rules]
New Moves: Earthquake, Feint, Quick Attack, Rapid Spin
Description: This is basically a "sidegrade" and nod to the initial, official version of Pinsir-Mega who can no longer exist in this Pet Mod by making Beedrill-Mega into that but with a bit less Attack & no STAB on Flying and with less defense by necessity in exchange for being neutral to Stealth Rock (at the cost taking all other hazard damage and status) meaning it can come in far more without support, being immune to Thunder Wave (since it's not like it lives long enough in most cases to care about being poisoned anyway), and having a STAB that isn't walled by Steel. Not much to say otherwise given I like so many other ideas more except that an -ate Rapid Spin is technically a niche even with the few Ghosts in this meta, especially since STAB Ground blows up the only Ghosts currently in the meta (though I guess we'll see what happens with Sableye-Mega). Also Feint Aerilate is bound to make mirrors frustrating, but it does honestly need it--so, sorry.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Type:

Ability: Sheer Force
Stats: 50 HP / 120 Atk (+35) / 120 Def (+35) / 55 SpA / 85 SpD (+30) / 55 Spe [480 BST]
New Moves: Bullet Punch, Fire Punch, Meteor Mash
Description: Mawile is a physical Sheer Force wallbreaker, which is kinda like TClaws at home, but allows it to leverage it's different defensive and offensive qualities to be much more ferocious as a wallbreaker.

Yoshiblaze

ye
Time to partake in Voting activities!

Voting Rules can be found below:
After the submission phase is over, voting will begin. This mod will be using the same voting system as Book of Enigmas, where you can vote for as many submissions as you want, with each submission getting a certain number of points based on how you ranked it. An example can be seen below.
For a slate with Mega Beedrill, Mega Lopunny, and Mega Pidgeot, for example, a ballot would look like this:
Beedrill: User 1, User 2, User 3
Lopunny: User 4, User 5, User 6
Pidgeot: User 7, User 8, User 9

With this ballot, Submission 1 for Mega Beedrill would get 3 points, Submission 2 would get 2, and Submission 3 would get 1. The same goes for Submissions 4, 5, and 6 in the Lopunny category and Submissions 7, 8, and 9 in the Pidgeot category, with them getting 3, 2, and 1 point respectively.

You can add as many submissions are you'd like after your third vote, with each one getting 1 point.
Pidgeot: User 7, User 8, User 9, User 10, User 11
So, in this ballot, Submissions 10 and 11 would also get 1 point in the Pidgeot category.

You can vote for your own submission, but it can't be in first place or your only vote in that category. Be sure to mark your self-vote by putting (SV) after it.
Beedrill: User 12 (SV), User 2, User 3
This wouldn't be a legal ballot as the self-vote is in first place in the Beedrill category

Beedrill: User 12 (SV)
This also wouldn't be a legal ballot as the self-vote is the only vote in the Beedrill category

Beedrill: User 2, User 12 (SV)
Lopunny: User 4, User 12 (SV), User 6
Pidgeot: User 7, User 8, User 12 (SV), User 10, User 11
This is a legal ballot because none of the self-votes are in first place or the only vote in a category.

If you vote for only 2 submissions in a category, the first place submission gets 2 points and the second place submission gets 1 point. If you vote for just one, then that submission gets 1 point.
Beedrill: User 1 (1 point)
Lopunny: User 4 (2 points), User 5 (1 point)
Pidgeot: User 7 (3 points), User 8 (2 points), User 9 (1 point), User 10 (1 point), User 11 (1 point)
The submission with the most points in a category will be added to the mod. For every Mega, you will also have the option to vote for the original Mega Evolution if you aren't a fan of any of the submissions. However, this can't be done for Pokemon whose original Megas were banned to Ubers.
For most slates, the next submission phase will start immediately after voting ends for the previous slate. The long submission phase will still give ample time for discussion and playtesting during the week so you can adjust your submissions. However, every 3 slates or so, one or more roomtours will be held so we can see what state the metagame is in. This may result in winning submissions being nerfed or buffed, depending on what we learn. Buffs and nerfs (mostly nerfs) can also happen at any other time as we learn stuff between roomtours.
All submissions are eligible for voting except for the following:
Original Mega Mawile (ubers moment)
Original Mega Sableye (see above)

Voting will end in 24 hours!

If your sub isn't here and wasn't vetoed then please let me know!

Type:

Ability: Sting Rupture (This pokemon's contact moves leave a layer of spikes on the ground)
Stats: 65 / 150 (+60) / 40 / 45 / 80 / 115 (+40) [495 BST]
New Moves: –
Description: A mega on such a weak base needs to be high impact to be any useful. This ability most definitely is. Just by U-turning around, you have a high impact on the rest of the game, especially in a gen where removal is somewhat limited. It still carries the og mega's flaws as well as a worse speed though.
Type:

Ability: Good as Gold
Stats: 65 / 140 (+50) / 75 (+35) / 15 (-30) / 80 / 120 (+45) [495 BST]
New Moves: Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Smack Down, Stealth Rock, Fake Out
Description: GaG protects from status and can block defog, giving a niche over pinsir. Rock type gives good coverage for the flying types that will likely be defogging, and Fake Out lets you mega safely while doing chip damage. a little more defense will hopefully let it not insta die to any hit, and SR could see use as a suicide lead.
:sm/Beedrill-Mega:
Type: Bug/Electric
Ability: Galvanize (20% boost)
Stats: 65 HP / 145 Atk / 40 Def / 15 SpA / 80 SpD / 150 Spe [495 BST] (+55 Atk, -30 SpA, +75 Spe)
New Moves: None
Description: Gives the metagame a unique role: a physical Electric-type with a reliable and powerful Electric STAB thanks to Galvanize. This allows Beedrill to hit new defensive threats that it couldn't hit before, such as Skarmory and Tornadus-Therian. It's still walled by the likes of Ferrothorn and Landorus-T to keep it balanced. No Quick Attack keeps it vulnerable to priority, though it doesn't really need the move thanks to its incredible Speed and the need to run Protect. Its Electric typing also gives it a full paralysis immunity to keep its blazing Speed intact.
Type: Bug / Rock
Ability: Exoskeleton (This Pokemon takes halved damage from physical attacks and hazards.)
Stats: 65 / 140 (+50) / 85 (+45) / 45 / 85 (+5) / 75 [495]
New Moves: Earthquake, Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Smack Down, Stealth Rock
Description: massive bulk with fc but at the cost of being weak to rocks and getting hit neutral by anything (besides like steel and water which you are weak to)
3ani__015-mega__oras.gif

Type: Bug/Poison
Ability: Thermal Exchange*
Custom Ability: Gives the Pokémon a Fire immunity as well as its original effect.
Stats: 65/150/40/15/80/145
New Moves: +Earthquake, +Flare Blitz, +Flame Charge, +Fake Out
Description: Now Mega Bee has a Fire immunity which means one less weakness to deal with. Beedrill also can't be burned, which means status can't stop it either. A premier wallbreaker.
:xy/beedrill-mega:
Type:

Stats: Same as base.
New Moves: Fake Out.
Description: Mind drew a blank on this one. So here is Mbee with a move that allows it to bypass ORAS speed limitations.
Type:

Ability: Poison Touch
Stats: 65 / 170 / 50/ 15 / 60/ 135(+40) [495 BST]
New Moves: Thunder Fang
Description:Fast pivot. You don’t do shut to skrm, but grounds get poisoned by U-Turn
Mega Beedrill
Type:

Ability: Hive Minded
Hive Minded:
User's contact moves apply the Infestation effect on hit. (foes lose 1/8th of their max HP each turn and cannot switch for 3-5 turns or until the user switches out)
Stats: 65 / 120 (+30) / 40 / 15 (-30) / 110 (+30) / 145 (+70)
New Moves: Zen Headbutt, Heart Stamp, Spiky Shield
Description: vanilla Mega Beedrill is designed to just kinda mash the U-turn button because, fair enough, not a lot to work with here.

What if it didn't do that though. (and also didn't have any hazard mitigation mechanics slapped on. For the extra challenge)

While Mega Beedrill won't be able to hit the field all too many times, Hive Minded makes Mega Beedrill a nuisance to switch around when it does. It can use a Knock Off that traps the foe, deals solid chip damage, and removes the foe's item when relevant. Once it does, it can apply further chip damage by using the newly gained Spiky Shield to deal contact chip and get another tick of infestation damage, and after that it can use it's incredibly high speed to safely U-turn out for even more chip, or it can use the same slots to do other nasty things, like really fast STAB Heart Stamps to flinch fish, or use Poison Jab to hit Clefable, the only Magic Guard user that actually wants to switch in against it. (Funny enough, regular Beedrill has a miniscule chance to 2HKO Bold Max Clef with Poison Jab... do with this what you may.)
Type: Bug / Ground
Ability: Skill Link
Stats: No Changes
New Moves: Bone Rush, Fake Out, Spike Cannon
Description: The bee can now shoot its stingers. TBD.
:sv/beedrill-mega:

Type: Bug/Dark
Stats: No changes
New Moves: Pursuit, Sucker Punch, Hyperspace Fury
Description: MegaBee with cooler STABs, Fairies L’s this but whatever it’s fine
:sm/beedrill-Mega:
Type: Bug/Ground
Ability: Levitate Aerilate
Stats: 065 HP / 150 Atk (+60) / 040 Def / 015 SpA (-30) / 080 SpD / 145 Spe (+70) (495 BST) [a.k.a. the canon stat distribution, which I'm assuming we're allowed to use despite it flying--buzzing in?--in the face of Megas for All's distribution rules]
New Moves: Earthquake, Feint, Quick Attack, Rapid Spin
Description: This is basically a "sidegrade" and nod to the initial, official version of Pinsir-Mega who can no longer exist in this Pet Mod by making Beedrill-Mega into that but with a bit less Attack & no STAB on Flying and with less defense by necessity in exchange for being neutral to Stealth Rock (at the cost taking all other hazard damage and status) meaning it can come in far more without support, being immune to Thunder Wave (since it's not like it lives long enough in most cases to care about being poisoned anyway), and having a STAB that isn't walled by Steel. Not much to say otherwise given I like so many other ideas more except that an -ate Rapid Spin is technically a niche even with the few Ghosts in this meta, especially since STAB Ground blows up the only Ghosts currently in the meta (though I guess we'll see what happens with Sableye-Mega). Also Feint Aerilate is bound to make mirrors frustrating, but it does honestly need it--so, sorry.
Name: Mega Sableye
Type:

Ability: Magic Bounce
Stats: 50 / 95 (+20) / 115 (+40) / 85 (+20) / 115 (+50) / 20 (-30) [480 BST]
New Moves: none
Description: it’s original msab but with 10 defense moved to attack, should be balanced with this rebalance + the other megas.
:sm/Sableye-Mega:
Ability: Dauntless Shield (Gen 8)
Stats: 50 HP / 85 Atk / 115 Def / 115 SpA / 65 SpD / 50 Spe [480 BST] (+10 Atk, +40 Def, +50 SpA)
Description: Trades its broken Magic Guard ability for a massive physical bulk boost. Can work as a physical wall, support, or a Calm Mind sweeper. Super low special bulk means that it's very vulnerable to special attacks without a Calm Mind boost.
Type: Dark / Ghost
Ability: Prankster
Stats: 50 / 85 (+10) / 125 (+50) / 85 (+20) / 125 (+60) / 10 (-40) [480]
New Moves: Encore, U-Turn
Description: probably gonna vote for lepton anyway so heres something goofy
3ani__302-mega__oras.gif

Ability: Prism Armor
Stats: 50/105/115/65/105/40
New Moves: +Iron Defense, +Bulk Up
Description: A heavily nerfed wall with an amazing ability still, reducing its Fairy weakness.
:xy/sableye-mega:
Typing:
1678937811342.png
1678937838580.png

Ability: Crystal Clear
(Purifying Salt effects)
HP: 60
Atk: 75 --> 110 (+35)
Def: 75 --> 125 (+50)
SpA: 65 --> 30 (-35)
SpD: 65 --> 105 (+40)
Spe:
New Moves: Stealth Rock, Bulk Up,
Description: Alright drop your pitchforks people, hear me out. Og Mega Sableye in this meta is more likely to not be nearly as infurianting to play against than in base Oras thanks to the addition of mons like Blastoise-mega among others, and Purifying Salt is practically a magic bounce sidegrade. One of the biggest factors that led to Sableye's ban was just how ridiculous it could facilitate ORAS stall, thanks to being both the ultimate spin blocker and highly deterring the use of hazards. Crystal clear manages to keep the original aspect that made the original so useful on stall structures while making sure one can still set up hazards on it. It also makes opposing ghost types such as gengar and cofa be easy matchs for it to face against. In order to make it more interesting, i applied the speed drop to spa instead and gave it attack, as well as rocks and bulk up for people willing to risk going for meme sets with its newfound power. Lack of speed drop also allows it to outspeed nearly every paralysed mon courtesy of gen 6 speed mechanics (it outspeeds jolly lopunny when paralysed lmao.)
:xy/sableye-mega:
Typing:
1678937811342.png
1678937838580.png

Ability: Opportunist
HP: 60
Atk: 75 --> 120 (+45)
Def: 75 --> 90 (+20)
SpA: 65 --> 30 (-35)
SpD: 65 --> 80(+15)
Spe: 50–>105(+55)
New Moves: Stealth Rock, Bulk Up
Description: Opportunist?
Name: Sableye-Mega
Ability: Gemstone Phylactery = Ghost-typed Water Bubble clone (a.k.a. doubles the power of its Ghost-type moves, halves Fire-damage, and prevents & heals Burn status because Water Bubble is bonkers like that)
Stats: 050 HP / 075 Atk / 125 Def (+50) / 065 SpA / 115 SpD (+50) / 050 Spe (480 BST)
New Moves: Destiny Bond, Hex, Phantom Force
Description: Gods it took forever to think of an ability for this after ending up giving Earth Eater to Mawile-Mega due to that thing's weirdly innate Steel typing unfortunately making it by default a better mon to counter Venusaur-Mega. I considered so many other things including a Rock-type version of Earth Eater (after being reminded that Mountaineer "only" works on incoming), a buffed Rocky Payload, and even the too weak (on Sableye) Compound Eyes until I decided on this. As strong as a Water Bubble clone is going to be by default, it's still less obnoxious than Magic Bounce and not as strong as Huge Power (or the special equivalent we just gave Medicham-Mega), which is the main thing that needed to be changed with Sableye-Mega. That said, Hex might be a bit much on this one despite not buffing either of its attacking stats at all, especially with its access to both Calm Mind and Nasty Plot already, so I'll understand if it needs to go; in contrast, having Hone Claws already seems more than fine though given that all physical Ghost type moves still suck in Gen VI given Poltergeist unfortunately doesn't exist yet.
Type:

Ability: Huge Power
Stats: 50 / 95 (+10) / 125 (+40) / 65 (+10) / 95 (+40) / 55 [480 BST]
New Moves: –
Description: Mawile is probably my favorite mega, I think its design is already really solid. Sadly it's a bit overtuned for the ORAS metagame. Hopefully, a -10 Atk nerf should keep it strong but manageable.
:sm/Mawile-Mega:
Name: Mega Mawile
Type: Steel/Fairy
Stats: 50 HP / 125 Atk / 105 Def / 55 SpA / 55 SpD / 70 Spe [480 BST] (+40 Atk, +20 Def, +20 Spe)
Description: Keeps Sheer Force from its base form but now has the right stats to use it. Increased speed makes it less reliant on Sucker Punch and actually use its Sheer Force-boosted moves.
Type: Steel / Fairy
Ability: Tough Claws
Stats: 50 / 125 (+40) / 125 (+40) / 35 (-20) / 95 (+40) / 30 (-20) [480]
New Moves: Fire Punch, Rock Slide, Slack Off
Description: nerfed power and speed. However, Slack Off And Coverage (this probably still sucks)
3ani__303-mega__xy.gif

Type: Steel/Fairy
Ability: Twin Jaw
Custom Ability: When this Pokémon uses a biting move, that move's BP doubles
Stats: 50/125/125/35/95/30
Description: OG Mega Mawile with a slightly nerfed spin on it with its Ability and boosted Attack. It won't be getting boosted STAB, but it's biting moves will be hitter harder than ever thanks to its buffed Attack and Ability
:xy/mawile-mega:
Typing:
1678997005895.png
1678997040807.png

Ability: Maws of Greed
(If the opponent has any positive stat changes, trap them.)
50 85 85 55 55 50 Mawile
+45 +30 -20 +45
50 130 115 35 100 50
HP: 50
Atk: 85 --> 140 (+45)
Def: 85 --> 115 (+30)
SpA: 55 --> 35 (-20)
SpD: 55 --> 90 (+45)
Spe:
Description: More Defensive take on Megamaw due to the meta’s current oversaturation of offensive physical steel type megas. It's designed to use its great typing in order to get switch in opportunities on the likes of Clefable, Serperior, Medicham-mega among others and punish them from trying to setup. Can also revenge kill some of the faster ones of them with sucker punch.
Type: Steel/Dark
Stats: 050 HP / 135 Atk (+50) / 110 Def (+25) / 055 SpA / 080 SpD (+25) / 050 Spe (480 BST)
New Moves: Bulk Up, Earthquake, Magic Coat
Description: I never got why Mawile randomly became Fairy in Gen VI, especially if it was going to get such an overpowered Mega on top of that, even with the supposed mythological trends that the Fairy type tends to lean into since Mawile has pretty much always looked like a Dark type and was probably meant to be one from the start originally, which Bisharp existing now shouldn't change that. So this becomes Steel/Dark in part because of that but also because I want it to be capable of actually dying instead of it was left Steel/Fairy and only had literally one 2x weakness that pairs obnoxiously well with Heatran since even with Mawile's low HP, it does get Pain Split already. Becoming Dark type also boosts all of its more abundant physical moves instead of leaving it with STAB on only one Steel move and only one (inaccurate) Fairy move. Speaking of Bisharp, Mawile already generally has enough to differentiate it from Bisharp movepool-wise with far better coverage, especially with access to Thunder Punch to blow up Water types that Knock Off can't touch (*cough* Blastoise-Mega *cough), and now has more initial Attack, Defense, and SpD specifically due to that mon while its lesser Speed and lack of Defiant means it doesn't automatically obviate Bisharp. Not much to say about this otherwise other than it's also a much needed check--counter, really, outside of being able to be powdered and Leech Seed--to Venusaur-Mega's tyranny. (Bulk Up may need to go though--unsure.)
Type:

Stats: 50 HP / 120 Atk (+35) / 120 Def (+35) / 55 SpA / 85 SpD (+30) / 55 Spe [480 BST]
New Moves: Bullet Punch, Fire Punch, Meteor Mash
Description: Mawile is a physical Sheer Force wallbreaker, which is kinda like TClaws at home, but allows it to leverage it's different defensive and offensive qualities to be much more ferocious as a wallbreaker.

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
3ani__015-mega__oras.gif

Beedrill: anaconja, LOrd Fernado(sv), SKIPPERGAMEZ, DIB
3ani__302-mega__oras.gif

Sableye: MegaFlareon, Turtlek, Gekokeso, LOrd Fernado(sv)
3ani__303-mega__xy.gif

Mawile: The Damned, LOrd Fernado(sv), G-Luke, anaconja, Gekokeso

Last edited:

lepton

im fragile, but not that fragile
is a Tiering Contributor
:beedrill-mega:: anaconja, lepton (sv), DIB
:sableye-mega:: The Damned, lepton (sv), Gekokeso
:mawile-mega:: Gravity Monkey, The Damned

:beedrill-mega:: OG, Gekokeso (SV), DIB, Turtlek,
:sableye-mega:: Lepton, Gekokeso (SV), Mega Flareon, Anaconja
:Mawile-mega:: Gravity Monkey, Gekokeso (SV), G-luke, Megaflareon

:beedrill-mega: Beedrill-Mega: lepton, anaconja, Gekokeso, Genuine_Angus_B33F, LOrd Fernado
:sableye-mega: Sableye-Mega: Gekokeso (even though I too hate Purifying Salt), The Damned (SV), MegaFlareon, anaconja, lepton
:mawile-mega: Mawile-Mega: Gekokeso, LOrd Fernando, The Damned (SV), anaconja, G-Luke

Yoshiblaze

ye
Beedrill: DIB, LOrd Fernado, Gekokeso
Sableye: lepton, Gekokeso, The Damned, MegaFlareon
Mawile: anaconja, MegaFlareon, LOrd Fernado, G-Luke

Yoshiblaze

ye
results yay
Beedrill
anaconja3323213
LOrd Fernado23128
SKIPPERGAMEZ123
DIB111121310
Gekokeso3321110
Original11136
lepton2136
MegaFlareon224
Turtlek112
GAB314
Gravity Monkey11

Sableye
MegaFlareon313111111
Turtlek235
Gekokeso11122223216
LOrd Fernado123
lepton2213331318
The Damned31217
anaconja112

Mawile
The Damned31217
LOrd Fernado231219
G-Luke131117
anaconja11221310
Gekokeso11237
Gravity Monkey12137
MegaFlareon1326

Congratulations to anaconja, lepton, and anaconja for winning Beedrill, Sableye, and Mawile respectively!
Type: Bug / Rock
Ability: Exoskeleton (This Pokemon takes halved damage from physical attacks and hazards.)
Stats: 65 / 140 (+50) / 85 (+45) / 45 / 85 (+5) / 75 [495]
New Moves: Earthquake, Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Smack Down, Stealth Rock
Description: massive bulk with fc but at the cost of being weak to rocks and getting hit neutral by anything (besides like steel and water which you are weak to)
Type:

Ability: Magic Bounce
Stats: 50 / 95 (+20) / 115 (+40) / 85 (+20) / 115 (+50) / 20 (-30) [480 BST]
Description: it’s original msab but with 10 defense moved to attack, should be balanced with this rebalance + the other megas.
Type: Steel / Fairy
Stats: 50 / 125 (+40) / 125 (+40) / 35 (-20) / 95 (+40) / 30 (-20) [480]
New Moves: Fire Punch, Rock Slide, Slack Off
Description: nerfed power and speed. However, Slack Off And Coverage (this probably still sucks)
Slate 9 will start shortly!

Yoshiblaze

ye
running out of things to say pre-slate title reveal

- Slate 9: The Fire/Water/Grass Core They Don't Talk About -
:xy/abomasnow-mega::xy/camerupt-mega::xy/slowbro-mega:
Abomasnow, Camerupt, Slowbro

For this slate, we have another FWG core for a slate number divisible by 3! Aside from that funny little thing, each Mega (assuming they all keep their exact typings) also provides typings that are rare among the Megas we already have, which each typing other than Fire and Ice and only 1 or 2 representatives so far (which is why Slowbro is in this slate instead of Sharpedo). Base Abomasnow is a bit of an oddity in my opinion, lowering Abomasnow's already low Speed, keeping its weakness-laden typing and Snow Warning, and choosing to boost both of its offenses instead of focusing on one, and yet it still found a niche in UU and RU thanks to its great offensive profile and huge bulk. Base Abomasnow being a weather setter also gives its potential Mega some built in utility by default. Camerupt was another Mega that had its Speed lowered, instead leveraging those extra points into becoming a powerful wallbreaker with a great typing, finding a niche in every tier, and being one of my personal favorite Megas to use in Gen 7 OU and JolteMons. Lastly, we have Slowbro, whose interesting Mega with an insane 180 Defense was mostly overshadowed by its stellar base form, but that big Defense stat, the Knock Off-weakening effect of Mega Stones, and Shell Armor still made it an A- Rank mon in Gen 6 as either a Calm Mind user or Tank. Now, how will you get this slow brigade up to speed in our current metagame?

Refer to the rules located on the OP for how you should sub:

Voting Phase (1 Day)
After the submission phase is over, voting will begin. This mod will be using the same voting system as Book of Enigmas, where you can vote for as many submissions as you want, with each submission getting a certain number of points based on how you ranked it. An example can be seen below.
For a slate with Mega Beedrill, Mega Lopunny, and Mega Pidgeot, for example, a ballot would look like this:
Pidgeot: User 7, User 8, User 9

With this ballot, Submission 1 for Mega Beedrill would get 3 points, Submission 2 would get 2, and Submission 3 would get 1. The same goes for Submissions 4, 5, and 6 in the Lopunny category and Submissions 7, 8, and 9 in the Pidgeot category, with them getting 3, 2, and 1 point respectively.

You can add as many submissions are you'd like after your third vote, with each one getting 1 point.
So, in this ballot, Submissions 10 and 11 would also get 1 point in the Pidgeot category.

You can vote for your own submission, but it can't be in first place or your only vote in that category. Be sure to mark your self-vote by putting (SV) after it.
Beedrill: User 12 (SV), User 2, User 3
This wouldn't be a legal ballot as the self-vote is in first place in the Beedrill category

Beedrill: User 12 (SV)
This also wouldn't be a legal ballot as the self-vote is the only vote in the Beedrill category

Beedrill: User 2, User 12 (SV)
Lopunny: User 4, User 12 (SV), User 6
Pidgeot: User 7, User 8, User 12 (SV), User 10, User 11
This is a legal ballot because none of the self-votes are in first place or the only vote in a category.

If you vote for only 2 submissions in a category, the first place submission gets 2 points and the second place submission gets 1 point. If you vote for just one, then that submission gets 1 point.
Beedrill: User 1 (1 point)
Lopunny: User 4 (2 points), User 5 (1 point)
Pidgeot: User 7 (3 points), User 8 (2 points), User 9 (1 point), User 10 (1 point), User 11 (1 point)
The submission with the most points in a category will be added to the mod. For every Mega, you will also have the option to vote for the original Mega Evolution if you aren't a fan of any of the submissions. However, this can't be done for Pokemon whose original Megas were banned to Ubers.
For most slates, the next submission phase will start immediately after voting ends for the previous slate. The long submission phase will still give ample time for discussion and playtesting during the week so you can adjust your submissions. However, every 3 slates or so, one or more roomtours will be held so we can see what state the metagame is in. This may result in winning submissions being nerfed or buffed, depending on what we learn. Buffs and nerfs (mostly nerfs) can also happen at any other time as we learn stuff between roomtours.

Basic Template:
Code:
:sm/pokemon:
[b]Name[/b]: Mega <Pokémon>
[b]Type[/b]:
[b]Ability[/b]:
[b]Stats[/b]: HP / Atk / Def / SpA / SpD / Spe [BST]
[b]New Moves[/b]:
[b]Description[/b]: (Describe how your submission fits into the metagame, what it does, what it checks/counters, what it gets checked/countered by, why you would use it, etc.)

Megas For All Template (Created by Hematite):
Code:
:pokemon: [b]Mega <Pokémon>
New Ability[/b]:
[b]Type[/b]:

[b][u]Stats[/u][/b]:
HP:
Attack:
Defense:
Special Attack:
Special Defense:
Speed:
(BST)

[b]New Moves[/b]:
[b]Description[/b]:
For types, you can insert type images like this
with this link (replace Type with the type you want) https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/types/Type.png

Example Submission
:sm/charizard-mega-x:
Name: Mega Charizard X
Type:

Stats: 78 / 130 (+46) / 111 (+33) / 130 (+21) / 85 / 100 [634 BST]
New Moves: N/A
Description: Mega Charizard X can act as a dangerous Dragon Dance sweeper with strong Tough Claws-boosted moves in Flare Blitz, Outrage, Dragon Claw, and Thunder Punch. A unique defensive typing and decent bulk makes setting up much easier, made even easier with Roost. Walled by very bulky Water-types, Heatran (if you don't run EQ), and checked by Landorus-T.

Submissions will end in 7 Days.

:sm/Abomasnow-Mega:
Name: Mega Abomasnow
Type: Grass/Ice
Ability: Endless Winter: User sets up unlimited harsh Hail weather that only wears out when the user switches out. When this weather is active, damage-dealing Rock-type moves fail in battle. (Hail clone of primal weather abilities)
Stats: 90 HP / 102 Atk / 105 Def / 132 SpA / 105 SpD / 60 Spe [594 BST] (+10 Atk, +30 Def, +40 SpA, +20 SpD)
Description: An attempt to make Hail great, but only for Abomasnow. The ability might look OP at first glance, but Hail is still the worst weather and Grass/Ice is still a poor typing. However, the chip damage and immunity for its supposed Rock weakness are big advantages to have. Its Hail weather also doesn't chip its teammates at all which makes it more flexible in teambuilding.

:sm/Camerupt-Mega:
Name: Mega Camerupt
Type: Fire/Ground
Stats: 70 HP / 110 Atk / 110 Def / 135 SpA / 115 SpD / 20 Spe [560 BST] (+10 Atk, +40 Def, +30 SpA, +40 SpD, -20 Spe)
New Moves: Morning Sun
Description: The combination of Earth Eater and Fire/Ground typing allows Mega Camerupt to consistently check prominent OU threats such as Heatran, Landorus-T, Zapdos, and Clefable. Morning Sun helps with its defensive capabilities and longevity, allowing it to work either as an offensive tank or defensive wall. Just keep it away from Water attacks.

:sm/Slowbro-Mega: :ss/Slowbro-galar:
Name: Mega Slowbro
Type: Poison/Psychic
Ability: Quick Draw
Stats: 95 HP / 90 Atk / 155 Def / 130 SpA / 90 SpD / 30 Spe [490 BST] (+15 Atk, +45 Def, +30 SpA, +10 SpD)
New Moves: Sludge Bomb, Gunk Shot, Poison Jab
Description: Inspired by Galarian Slowbro, this Mega Evolution is capable of either sweeping with Calm Mind or just being a tank that spreads Poison. Poison typing gives it immunity to Toxic which makes it harder to wear down, while also allowing it to check Clefable. Quick Draw may be situational, but it can either be clutch on the player's part or a big annoyance on the opponent's part.

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
:sm/abomasnow-mega:
Type: Grass / Ice
Ability: Ice Scales
Stats: 90 / 132 (+40) / 105 (+30) / 132 (+40) / 105 (+20) / 30 (-30) | 594
New Moves: Spiky Shield, Earth Power
Description: bulky stat stick with ice scales. seed and ice beam and stuff to your hearts content

:sm/camerupt-mega:
Type: Fire / Ground
Stats: 70 / 100 / 110 (+40) / 145 (+40) / 115 (+40) / 20 (-20) | 560
New Moves: Slack Off, Energy Ball
Description: i like the idea of a powerful ass fire ground so i gave it recovery which it really wished it had in vanilla + a coverage move

:sm/slowbro-mega:
Type: Water / Ghost
Ability: Pressure
Stats: 95 / 105 (+20) / 130 (+30) / 130 (+30) / 100 (+20) / 30 | 560
New Moves: Hex
Description: he dead :skull:
v effective spinblocker

Last edited:

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
abomasnow-mega.gif

Type: Ice/Dragon
Ability: Beads Of Ruin
Stats: 90 / 92 / 125 (+40) / 132 (+40) / 125 (+30) / 30 (-30) [BST: 594]
New Moves: +Draco Meteor, +Roar Of Time, +Dragon Pulse
Description: Bro looks like a yeti, ngl. So I made this a yeti inspired Pokémon, but on the special side, not mixed, further being buffed by its ability and good bulk.

619691D6-C079-491B-94B3-B73F9499573F.gif

Type: Fire/Water
Ability: Volcanic Steam
Custom Ability: Effects of Fire moves get boosted by Rain by 1.5x instead of being debuffed by 0.5x
Stats: 70 / 100 / 110 (+40) / 150 (+45) / 110 (+35) / 20 (-20) [BST: 560]
New Moves: +Steam Eruption, +Hydro Pump, +Scald
Description: Walking Wake on steroids. Despite not having a better typing, it can be used on sun teams effectively thanks to both STAB being boosted by the sun.

Last edited:
:sv/abomasnow-mega:
Type: Ice / Ground
Ability: Snow Warning
Stats: HP-90 / Atk-70 / Def-117 / SpA-135 / SpD-107 / Spe-75 BST-594
New Moves: Earth Power, Stealth Rock
Description: Offensive bulky hail setter. Mainly uses hail to do big damage with Blizzard. It can do other fun stuff like spam Ice / Ground coverage and hit everything super-effectively, set Stealth Rock, do some stall stuff with Leech Seed and Synthesis, an also has a weaker Ice Shard for priority.

Type: Water / Fighting
Ability: Magic Guard
Stats: HP-95 / Atk-40 / Def-118 / SpA-140 / SpD-60 / Spe-107 BST-560
New Moves: Aura Sphere, Focus Blast
Description: Fourth resub of this fun idea that if it has Magic Guard, Dark-resistance, and is specially offensive it beats status, hazard and knock off spam all at once while acting as a good offensive pivot and has a solid defensive presence. This guy uses a Water / Fighting typing to resist all kinds of stuff like Bug, Dark, Water, Fire, Ice, Steel, and Rock. Also beats Fire, Steel, and Ground types with its STAB combo. Good coverage from Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, and Psyshock and stuff like that as well. Low SpD so that Calm Mind is safe.

mom can we have Groudon-Primal?
we have Groudon-Primal at home.
Groudon-Primal at home:
Type: Fire / Ground
Ability: Unaware
Stats: HP-70 / Atk-90 / Def-125 / SpA-120 / SpD-105 / Spe-50 [BST]
New Moves: Slack Off
Description: I think this should have had Unaware to begin with. now he walls out set-up sweepers like new Pinsir. Also Slack Off + STAB Eruption because he’s slow and has no pivoting moves, he needs sufficient offensive pressure. This boy can do a lot of stuff like be a tank, set rocks, and sweep under trick room. balanced out by x4 water weakness.

Last edited:
Just going to go with K.I.S.S. for once since I'm still unsure how much we're constraining ourselves to the Mega For All rules for the Megas whose official stats flaunt that. So I'm just going to use the vanilla stats for every mon this slate just to get this done. Also belated apologies to MegaFlareon; I forgot that all of the Terrain moves except Psychic Terrain do already exist in Gen VI just because they're so unused this gen:

Name: Abomasnow-Mega
Type: Ice/Grass
Ability: Thermal Subjugation = This Pokemon's Ice attacks do 1.5x damage if hit by one Fire move; Fire & Burn immunity (because screw Scald).
Stats: 090 HP / 132 Atk (+40) / 105 Def (+30) / 132 SpA (+40) / 105 SpD (+20) / 030 Spe (-30) (594 BST)
New Moves: Icicle Crash (why has it still never gotten this?), Spikes
Description: This is an attempt both to maximize Abomasnow-Mega's bulk by taking away the only one of its whooping seven weaknesses that is a quadruple one and to make it so that a Water resistant-mon can actually switch into Water attacks (read: Scald) without being burned to death in the last Gen where Burn is basically a dead sentence even if you aren't physical and especially if you are without Guts. That's really all to say given that trying to go with a weather-dependent ability unfortunately seems like it's been a dead end for anything ever since the Charizard-Mega-Y with Delta Stream won, which the winning Altaria-Mega then doubling down on that. (Otherwise I would have tried to make Sabeleye-Mega a Sand-related one, but I'm digressing.)

Name: Camerupt-Mega
Ability: Fumarole = Water-type and Flying-type moves against this Pokemon deal damage with a halved attacking stat.
Stats: 070 HP / 120 Atk (+20) / 100 Def (+30) / 145 SpA (+40) / 105 SpD (+30) / 020 Spe (-20) (560 BST)
New Moves: Heat Crash, Slack Off
New Weight: 948.0 lbs. | 430.0 kg [same as Heatran]
Description: Nothing to say here except that this is an attempt to in turn shore up Camerupt-Mega's biggest weakness without making it as obnoxious and centralizing as Groudon-Primal got. (EDIT: No longer has a Water Compaction that grants Water immunity. Now also has Heat Crash and a new, heavier weight.)

Name: Slowbro-Mega
Type: Water/Psychic
Ability: Second Thought
Stats: 095 HP / 075 Atk / 180 Def (+70) / 130 SpA (+30) / 080 SpD / 030 Spe (590 BST)
New Moves: Psycho Shift, Rapid Spin
Description: There was a Psychic Surge description here. It's gone now.

...Welp, since I'm a dunce who only just remembered that all the Terrains except Psychic Terrain already existed in Gen VI but then tried to do Psychic Surge anyway, here's another version of Slowbro-Mega that tries to be a support mon in a vastly different way that regular Slowbro can't obviate while still staying Water/Psychic. Its access to quite a few Psychic moves, including the normally useless-on-Megas Trick, allows it to play around quite a bit with its new support role. The addition of Psycho Shift allows it to function as a slow but aggressive cleric if itself or any of its teammates get statused, including by Amoongus's stupid Spore. Beyond that, Rapid Spin is just amusing while also being a nice but not meta-breaking buff to regular Slowbro even if it breaks parity with Slowking--oh well. Also comes at the cost of not being able to use Calm Mind or Rest nearly as effectively, but that was basically already going to be the case without Shell Armor, so it's also only a relatively small loss and one that makes Slowbro-Mega overall less obnoxious I would hope (probably in vain.) (EDIT: No longer has Psychic Surge but instead a differently named Clairvoyance from Megas For All. Now has Psycho Shift to aid in that and further differ it from Delphox-Mega.)

Last edited:
Name: Abomasnow-Mega
Type: Ice/Rock
Ability: Slush Rush
Stats: 090 HP / 132 Atk (+40) / 75 Def / 102 SpA (+20) / 125 SpD (+40) / 070 Spe (+10) (594 BST)
New Moves: Icicle Crash, Rick Blast, Power Gen, Stoke Edge, Dragon Dance, Powder Whip, does it get SD? It does now anw
Description: While some are scared of making weather abilities, I do not.
252 Atk Tera Rock Abomasnow-Mega Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Charizard-Mega-Y in Strong Winds: 408-480 (137.3 - 161.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Ahah go brrrrr SD and hit 4 times and then... IDK man switch and come back later to break walls

Name: Camerupt-Mega
Ability: Regenerator
Stats: 070 HP / 100 Atk / 80 Def (+10) / 175 SpA (+30) / 75 SpD (+10) / 060 Spe (+20) (560 BST)
New Moves: Slack Off
Description: Are you tired of stacking SR and ending with 101 BP eruption? Regenerator go! You can come in a safer way on field and spammm

Last edited:

lepton

im fragile, but not that fragile
is a Tiering Contributor
Type: Water/Psychic
Ability: Steam Engine
Stats: 95 HP / 95 Atk (+20) / 180 Def (+70) / 120
SpA (+20) / 80 SpD / 20 Spe (-10) [590 BST]
Description: bro go fast when switching into stuff it wants to already, can use that to sweep lategame or just be a bro

Ability: Desolate Land
Stats: 70 HP / 100 Atk / 100 Def (+30) / 140 SpA (+35) / 110 SpD (+35) / 40 Spe [560 BST]
Description: pdon at home, no recovery so very vulnerable to being worn down but very strong and able to set rocks

Type: Grass/Ice
Ability: Triage
Stats: 90 HP / 132 Atk (+40) / 105 Def (+30) / 132 SpA (+40) / 105 SpD (+20) / 30 Spe (-30) [594 BST]
New Moves: Nasty Plot, Calm Mind, Horn Leech, Drain Punch
Description: strong triage sweeper that can be both physical with sd or special with np/cm.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)