1. Excadrill @ Life Orb
    Ability: Sand Rush
    Eves: 4 HP /252 Atk /252 Spd
    Nature: Adamant
    -Rock slide
    -Earthquake
    -Rapid spin
    -Iron head

Excadrill is a great sweeper in sand, and now that he is OU he can really do some damage. With sand rush he has no trouble out speeding many threats and with earthquake and rock slide, he has quite a bit of coverage too. He is used as a rapid spinner but he also outspeeds a lot of pokemon affected by sticky web which makes him able to sweep some threats.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
    Ability: Huge Power
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Sp.Def
    Nature: Adamant
    - Aqua Jet
    - Superpower
    - Play Rough
    - Waterfall

Azumarill. With its new status as Fairy, it has become quite a threat. Checking many Dragons and hitting them hard with its newfound STAB. Huge Power is the Ability of choice, as it doubles Azumarill's attack to fearsome levels, and when paired with 100 / 80 / 80 Defenses, makes it quite the tank. It's ability is Adamant to boost this attack even further. Waterfall is the Water STAB of choice, as it hits Fire, Ground and Rock, Whilst Play Rough hits Dragon, Fighting and Dark. Superpower rounds the coverage out, hitting Ice, Normal and Steel, the latter resisting Play Rough, and Aqua Jet gives the slow tank priority to hit faster threats.

Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Harvest
    EVs: 252 HP / 80 Sp.Def / 176 Spd
    Nature: Careful
    - Leech Seed
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Substitute
    - Horn Leech

Having the ability to block rapid spin because of it's ghost typing and re use sitrus berry thanks to it's harvest makes this guy a nice counter to a lot of common pokemon. It's the perfect counter for Kangaskhan who can be rather annoying when it mega evolves due to it's ability to gain it's hp back with drain punch and its STAB return. Trevenant is also an easy switch in to things that are locked into moves due to choice items such as an azumarill or something stuck on a fighting type move.

Galvantula @ Focus sash
    Ability: Compound eyes
    EVs: 252 Sp.Atk / 4 Sp.Def / 252 Spd
    Nature: Timid
    -Sticky Web
    -Thunder
    -Bug Buzz
    -Volt switch

This guy is a good lead thanks to the new move sticky web and it's use of volt switch. Sticky web is important because I need my opponent's pokemon slowed down a bit before I'm able to set up and sweep. Volt switch is good for scouting switches and being able to instantly choose a counter if my opponent does decide to switch. I use Thunder because of Galavanula's ability compound eyes making sure I always hit my target on top of the 30% paralysis.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
    Ability: Levitate
    Evs: 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Sp.Def
    Nature: Modest
    -Draco Meteor
    -Dark Pulse
    -Fire blast
    -Flash Cannon

The other stallbreaker of the team. Hydreigon is really good to switch into slower pokemon, to hit it or whatever comes in if my oppenent decides to switch, hard thanks to it's diverse moveset and life orb. Flash Cannon is used for fairy type pokemon so I don't get walled by them. I put all of the Evs into his special attack for draco meteor alone, plus his special attack is higher than his attack, but I feel there's no need for physical attacks here.

Hippowdon@leftovers
    Ability: Sand Stream
    Evs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Sp.Def
    Nature: Careful
    -Slack off
    -Whirlwind
    -Stealth rock
    -Earthquake

The best wall on the team all around and allows me to set up my stealth rock. He's mainly used to the get up the sandstorm my Excadrill needs to sweep and the residual damage is nice too. A very important part to the team.

PTZ, Nov 19, 2013Edit

Last edited:
Looks like a pretty good team. I think AV Conkeldurr could cause you some problems. Without Azumarill, Conk can put a huge dent into the team. Another thing would to be careful with Trevenant around common Knock Off users in M-Venusaur, Conkeldurr, and Mandibuzz. Other than that, looks like a pretty good team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)