*Gen 6 Team Peaked Around 1900 Needs some help*

Quick team I threw together that has been doing fairly well but isnt quite consistent enough. Very open to suggestions!

Landorus-T @Choice Scarf

Jolly 6hp/252atk/252spd

-Earthquake

-Stone Edge

-U-Turn

-Superpower

Good lead with intimidate and u-turn to provide momentum. Intimidate and STAB earthquake provide the ultimate counter to aegislash, and can act as an awesome scouter and revenge killer. Always liked the idea of leading with something that can bring momentum straight off the bat, so landorus-t or the next pokemon on this list usually fill this role.

Rotom-W Leftovers

Calm 252hp/252SpDef/6Spe

-Thunderwave

-Volt-switch

-Hydropump

-Thunderbolt

great switch in to landorus-t covering his weaknesses. Can tank hits from Greninja and provide thunder wave support to increase the effect of volt turn with landorus. Thunderbolt has proven helpful for attacking if i don't want to rely on a move that forces me to switch in volt switch. Chose the special defensive set to counter greninja which causes this team problems. Pain split seems fit for this set but the other 4 moves all have their uses as well and I don’t always get around to uing pain split when its on due to rotom-w’s slower speed with no investment

Skarmory Rocky Helmet

Impish 252hp/252def/6spe

-Stealth Rock

-Defog

-Roost

-Whirlwind

Defog user of the team that can reliably clear the field on most physical attackers. After this is done (or beforehand if appropriate), lay stealth rocks down. Whirlwind for those who try to setup on this set, and rocky helmet due to lack of attacking move and kangaskhan. Roost obviously. Stealth rock and defog on the same set might seem odd but skarm gets so many opportunities to switch in thanks to his high defenses, especially if hes being switched into straight from landorus-t intimidating the opponents pokemon.

Tyranitar @Tyranitarite

Jolly 6hp/252atk/252spe

-DD

-EQ

-Stone Edge

-Crunch

One of my favorite mons that can setup on new popular pokes such as talonflame. The extra speed is awesome with his mega and he can't take a hit while dishing out plenty of damage. A personal favorite. Of course has a had time against bulky physical attackers with fighting moves such as conkeldurr, kangaskhan etc.

Volcarona Lum Berry

Timid 6hp/252SpAtk/252spe

-Quiver Dance

-Fiery Dance

-Bug Buzz

-Giga Drain

Another sweeper this time on the special side to keep the opponent on their toes. Pretty self explanatory. Always pretty reliable and destroys lead klefkis with lim and fiery dance (win). And aegislash (double win). Giga drain is needed to get past rotom-w, gastrodon politoed and rare swampert and a few other bulky waters, while also providing a way of recovery.

Conkeldurr @Assault vest

-Mach Punch

-Drain Punch

-Ice Punch

-Payback

Assault vest makes this thing a tank. Mach punch for some priority. Drain punch for recovery, ice punch for glister and dragons and payback for ghosts. Much needed bliss, escadrill and tyranitar counter. Conkeldurr shows up some games and is kind of a waste of space the other games, just don’t know what id replace him with.

Just looking for that extra good idea to bring this team to the next level, just having a hard time deciding who needs to go bc they all have their good games and bad games. Thanks a lot guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a pretty solid team overall, if you want to replace conkeldurr I suggest dragonite as he has good special bulk, and multiscale which makes him take even ice type attacks from defensive pokemon like milotic and gastrodon (which your team is weak too). He also has access to priority in extreme speed and roost for recovery.

Dragonite @ Lum berry/Leftovers

-Dragon dance/Roost
-Dragon claw
-Fire punch/Roost
-Extreme speed

He does suffer a bit of 4 move slot syndrome so roost is hard to fit in as fire punch is needed coverage and dd is really handy. With the introduction of fairy's I really would advise against going for outrage over dragon claw as it just Makes dnite setup faughter to fairy's or physically bulky steel types (aka all of them).

Looks like a pretty solid team overall, if you want to replace conkeldurr I suggest dragonite as he has good special bulk, and multiscale which makes him take even ice type attacks from defensive pokemon like milotic and gastrodon (which your team is weak too). He also has access to priority in extreme speed and roost for recovery.

Dragonite @ Lum berry/Leftovers

-Dragon dance/Roost
-Dragon claw
-Fire punch/Roost
-Extreme speed

He does suffer a bit of 4 move slot syndrome so roost is hard to fit in as fire punch is needed coverage and dd is really handy. With the introduction of fairy's I really would advise against going for outrage over dragon claw as it just Makes dnite setup faughter to fairy's or physically bulky steel types (aka all of them).

thank you for the suggestion. my current team is located here http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-team-featuring-fwg-core-and-dueling-dragons.3495261/ if you could rate that one, it would be cool:heart:

I would like you to further elaborate on the merits of Thunder Wave over Will-O-Wisp, especially in light of the nerf to Paralysis and the buff to Will-o-Wisp. Wisp just stops physical threats cold, and that to me makes Will-O-Wisp more attractive.

For Gen 5, I used T-wave in conjunction with Pain Split. This is a good combo because you take a hit during the first turn and you can immediately heal during the second turn on a full health victim. Pain Split is quite amazing on Rotom-W with its low HP Stat and high Def and Special Defense.

Knock Off has more base power, greater utility, and can KO ghosts on the switch while Payback can't do that; it rewards successful prediction more and it least it can cripple a switch in by knocking off their item. KOing Gengar is better than tanking a Shadow Ball from Gengar or Gengar subbing, you using Payback, and then Gengar using Disable (although you can use Ice Punch if you predict the Disable but Ice Punch does not KO Gengar after Sub use and a round of leftovers)

252+ Atk Conkeldurr Payback (100 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 384-452 (146.5 - 172.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

(so divide by 2 and it is not a KO)

252+ Atk Conkeldurr Knock Off vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 248-294 (94.6 - 112.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

(Gengar has no item in this case, but if it has Sludge or Leftovers which it does almost all the time, then it is a KO without Stealth Rock)

252+ Atk Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 144-170 (54.9 - 64.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)