SS OU Gen 6 "Veteran" coming back for Gen 8

Hey everyone! This is my first time here on the Smogon Forums. I have come here asking for help on my OU team. I used to play OU casually during Gen 6 and 7 (a little bit) and now I am coming back (even though I haven't played Sword and Shield) to OU. Please help me out with a team I tried to adapt to Gen 8. Thanks!

:ss/gastrodon:
Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Recover
- Toxic

I used to use Shuckle but I am trying to switch to Gastrodon to instead act as a tank and set up toxic stalls. I miss stealth rock and sticky web but due to where I am planning on using this team I can't use it. This also gives my team some bulk that I found myself needing. Another plan was to use Orbeetle with sticky web instead so please give your opinion on that option.

:ss/rotom-wash:
Rotom-Wash @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 1 Def / 44 SpA / 212 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- Thunder Wave

Just something I thought of to wallbreak a little with Trick and to switch into any sweepers with Volt Switch. Levitate also gives me some help against ground types. I also try to use thunder wave now that I don't have sticky web to slow down any pokemon faster than my sweepers.

:ss/gardevoir:
Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
EVs: 1 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Healing Wish

I am still debating between her and Alakazam but I like having healing wish to bring back Excadrill or Mimikyu towards the end of a match. She is also my main Special Sweeper with Psychic and Moonblast. Energy Ball is there to deal with pokemon I would usually need to switch in to. Choice Scarf lets me have assurance that I will go first but I usually switch between it and Choice Specs.

:ss/excadrill:
Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 1 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Excadrill is one of my main physical sweepers and also in charge of clearing out hazards with Rapid Spin. The rest is the usual set up you can find on Smogon. I try to use Rotom to switch in and sneak in a Swords Dance.

:ss/mimikyu:
Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 1 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak

My other physical attacker who is usually out towards the end trying to save me from loosing. I try to switch in via volt switch when I know I am slower to keep my disguise up. Aside from that, Mimikyu is pretty much in line with the meta back in Gen 7.

:ss/talonflame:
Talonflame @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp

I last-minute change from Flygon when I realized I had way too many physical attackers. Now I use Talonflame to help Gastrodon Toxic Stall with roost and deal with a few other pokemon my team can't cover with Flare Blitz. The held item helps counter stealth rocks too. The ability and roost also help keep talonflame moving first without investing in speed.

Overall, Its a pretty ragtag team that I hope a few people can help me improve. I have been looking at Kommo-o and Orbeetle, or a combination of Torkoal and either Venusaur or Charizard. Thanks again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)