Other Metagames [Gen 7 Balanced Hackmons] Radioactive

Ren

i swore lips were made for lies
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Introduction

Hey, all.

BH is my main OM. For some reason though, I still haven't made an RMT for it which feels really weird and I love this team, it's given me plenty of success and I'm proud of it. It utilizes a Mega Rayquaza set of my own invention and that's the best part of this team in my opinion - The fact that it's mine. The Mega Rayquaza set autowins a lot of matchups if you play it smart and it puts in an insane amount of work in others. I'm not saying I was the first to come up with it, but I came up with it for myself and that makes me pleased that this team has been successful. This team was initially built in SM, but I adjusted it a little bit for USUM since Mega Mewtwo X became a lot more of a problem if I didn't have preparation for it. Anyways, enough rambling. Without further ado, let's get onto the team.

The Team

@

Ability- Tinted Lens
EVs- 252 HP | 252 Def | 252 SpA | 252 SpD | 252 Spe
IVs- 0 Atk
Nature- Timid

Tail Glow |
Core Enforcer |
Oblivion Wing |
Imprison

This Pokemon is an interesting but effective sweeper that I love using. Once it gets a Tail Glow up, there's not much that can stop it defensively since it just nukes away Registeel with Supersonic Skystrike. Core Enforcer is also a nice move for stopping Pranksters in their tracks, no matter what other people say. That's its one niche, but on this sweeper I'd rather preserve as much bulk as possible. In addition, Core Enforcer is one of the most common Dragon type moves in BH, if not the most common. Because of this, Imprisoning on a Core Enforcer Pokemon can allow you a free turn to set up, leech some health from them with Oblivion Wing, or just do heavy damage with Core Enforcer. When using this set, be wary of U-Turn predicts as they could potentially pivot on the Imprison to a revenge killer such as Mega Mewtwo Y, Mega Diancie and other Pokemon capable of revenge killing. This Pokemon is improofed by itself - if that fails, Whirlwind with your own Imposter.

@

Ability- Psychic Surge / Tinted Lens
EVs- 252 HP | 252 Def | 252 SpA | 252 SpD | 252 Spe
IVs- 0 Atk
Nature- Timid

Psystrike |
Psycho Boost |
Fleur Cannon |
Photon Geyser

Psychic Surge is the meta right now and this takes advantage of it existing. The lack of coverage against steels is because Psychic STABs already do a chunk to every steel in the meta - Photon is for Shed because that doesn't take anything from the other three moves. Fleur Cannon is for coverage against Dark-types such as Mega Tyranitar, Mega Gyarados, and Yveltal, all of which shrug off the three other attacks without much trouble. Your gameplay vs Steels is ironically to abuse the hell out of this Pokemon and Mega Ray, as even though they don't hit Steels super effectively, their attacks are strong enough to pressure them incredibly well when coupled with U-Turn chip, Helmet chip from Mega Audino and other sources of damage. This Pokemon also does an insane amount to Fur Coat Chansey, 2HKOing it on the switch with Psystrike. This Pokemon is improofed by Aegislash - Imposter will not have Specs, so Aegislash does not take that much from an Impostered MMY as Specs is key to the damage this set can do. Given that this is being posted at the time of the Psychic Surge ban, Tinted Lens is a good option since Fleur Cannon still dissuades Dark-types from switching in but Specs Tinted still does a lot to steels.

@

Ability- Magic Bounce
EVs- 252 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Def | 252 SpA | 252 SpD
Nature- Sassy

Moonblast |
Heal Order |
Defog |
U-turn /
Entrainment

Mega Audino functions as my switch-in to Normalize Gengar to remove Normalize and give it Magic Bounce using a bounced Entrainment. However, all of the offensive Pokemon pressure Mega Gengar quite nicely, and it cannot set up on Registeel because of Destiny Bond plus Encore, so Normalize Mega Gengar isn't too much trouble. Mega Audino also chips walls that enjoy U-Turning on it, and Moonblast prevents Dragons and Dark Types such as Zygarde-Complete, Giratina, Yveltal, Mega Gyarados and Mega Tyranitar from staying in without a price. In addition, Mega Audino can use Entrainment on Poison Heal Xerneas to prevent it from setting up with no cost. Mega Audino also improofs Zygarde-Complete regardless of if you put Stealth Rock on it or not. This Pokemon cannot do much to Aegislash or your own Imposter, so if this Pokemon gets Impostered those two should be your first switch-ins.

@

Ability- Poison Heal
IVs- 0 Spe
Nature- Sassy

Core Enforcer |
Topsy-Turvy |
U-turn /
Stealth Rock |
Heal Order

Zygarde checks Poison Heal Regigigas, as that does 40 without any setup and any setup you can just Topsy Turvy away. It's a good switch-in to U-Turn and Volt Switch too, recovering for free on the switch most of the time. Zygarde also bulks most of what Primal Groudon wants to do to it, although depending on the set you may have to play around it a little. Don't be afraid to liberally switch in this Pokemon on physically oriented Pokemon, as it'll bulk most of what your opponent throws at it physically. This Pokemon can't do much to Mega Audino, Aegislash or your own Imposter, making those three Pokemon a nice Improof.

@

Ability- Prankster
IVs- 0 Spe
Nature- Sassy

Destiny Bond |
U-turn |
Heal Order |
Encore

Aegislash has a nice typing and is able to switch into a lot of the meta - Unfortunately, it's weak to moves such as Knock Off, Moongeist Beam, V-Create, Pursuit, and Spectral Thief. The combination of Destiny Bond + a slow U-Turn should be enough to ward off people clicking those moves every time Aegislash comes in. That aside, this serves as the team's general -ate check as well as check to Mega Mewtwo X. While Mega Mewtwo X is alive, keep this alive as the team has no switch-ins to it once Aegislash dies. You can switch any Pokemon in on an Impostered Aegislash except for Mega Mewtwo Y, since its only form of doing damage is U-Turn.

@

Ability- Imposter
IVs- 0 Spe
Nature- Relaxed

Fake Out |
U-turn /
Stealth Rock|
Whirlwind |
Soft-Boiled

Imposter serves as a blanket switch-in to a whole lot in the meta, switching in on Mega Mewtwo Y, most walls that lack a way to trap it, Mega Gyarados if it wants.. A whole lot of things, really. It also helps in scouting an opponent's set and knowing your check/counter to it early on in the game - You need to play this Pokemon well, despite people commonly believing Imposter takes no skill to use. If you run Stealth Rock, Mega Audino should be your Imposterproof for this - However, you will very rarely find a situation where this is Impostered, because if your opponent Imposters this Pokemon it means you haven't been able to Imposter something else. That's generally because you're in front of an Impostered Pokemon, so the only times you'll find that you're facing an Impostered Imposter are when someone is using double Imposter or when someone switches from a Substitute Pokemon into their Imposter. Fake Out is used to break Illusions, U-Turn is for momentum, Stealth Rock is... Stealth Rock lol. Whirlwind is for substitute setup sweepers and setup sweepers in general and Soft-Boiled is for reliable recovery.

Threatlist
APS - This is always annoying because you can have a really great defensive core but APS will just crush you. Generally you want to use Aegislash to dissuade setup or handle it if said user can beat Aegislash by sacrificing your Aegislash in a one for one trade. Otherwise, pivot using your defensive core to bring in Imposter on said threat.
Contrary - Low-key broken, but again you can pivot using your defensive core into Imposter to scout the set and go into the according check. It's going to be difficult for Contrary Pokemon to set up for longer than one turn, anyway - Almost every Pokemon has a way to dissuade Contrary setup.
-ate - Very hard to switch into, and coverage can be unpredictable. Aegislash is your primary switch-in and then from there you can make the right play. It's impossible t 100% hard counter anything in BH due to the meta's nature so right now all I can really recommend is that you play around it to the best of your ability.
Mega Gengar - Mega Audino's your general switch-in but for Adaptability sets I recommend you play around them with the given defensive core. Not much else to say here, really - You can abuse Mega Rayquaza's deceptive bulk to get in a heavy shot if you want.

Conclusion

Thanks to Moosical for doing the banner and Team Pokepals for offering to do it. This is a fun team to run. It's by no means perfect, and a lot of sets could do better than the Mega Rayquaza set I ran but I ran it because I wanted to and the result was a nice team. Hopefully you all enjoy. Here's to many more fun moments and fun games!

Shatter Me (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Tinted Lens
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tail Glow
- Core Enforcer
- Oblivion Wing
- Imprison

Mummy (Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psystrike
- Psycho Boost
- Fleur Cannon
- Photon Geyser

Roundtable Rival (Audino-Mega) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Order
- Defog
- U-turn

Crystallize (Zygarde-Complete) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Core Enforcer
- Topsy-Turvy
- U-turn
- Heal Order

Arcanist (Aegislash) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
Sassy Nature
- Destiny Bond
- U-turn
- Heal Order
- Encore

Elements (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
Relaxed Nature
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Whirlwind
- Soft-Boiled

The OM Room - Thanks for having me as a voice for so long, you all aren't a bad bunch and I'm glad I got to spend time with most of you!
The OM Discord - I'm mentioning this separately because I personally believe that the crowd that both of these places get is vastly different, you all are cool too though.
The BH Playerbase - Thanks for providing me with decent challenges, fun games and cool meme ideas.
My Extra Cool Friends - You all know who you are. Each and every one of you is special in your own way and I'd like to think I recognized that to most of you privately. Thanks for being there and being cool.
Chloe - Thanks for being a cool person to talk to overall as well as being very supportive and accepting of a lot of things. I'm glad I got to know you. You're cool and deserve nice things, and they'll come to you even if it's not in the way you expect.
Eien - Really cool guy, I don't think I'd be here if it wasn't for Mono and you're a really great friend overall so thanks for everything, I'm glad we're friends and I'm glad that I'm no longer one of the people who believe that side servers are where proper competition is.
highlighter - Thanks for saving my ass both in BH and in this RMT plus for being an overall cool guy who can't beat gladiators for shit :psysly:
E4 Flint - No matter what happens I still feel the same to you. I think I've said most of what I want to you already but I think you deserve your own shoutout because of how much you've done for me as a player and a friend. Everything I say to you is true and you're worth all the good things people say about you. Thanks bud, and I hope we can be even better friends in the future.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)