Battle Spot Gen 7 Mence-Aegi Offence or am i Charging under the Sunlight?

How i builded the team:

I builded the Team by combining 2 Cores: "Gen 7 Mence-Aegi Offence" (Tapu Koko, Mega-Salamence and Aegislash) and "Charging under the sunlight?"( Charizard-Y, Landorus-T and Tapu Koko) but then i only had 5 mons with 3 of them being Special Attackers so i added Kartana which is a fantasticly strong fast physical attacker.

Charging under the sunlight explanation:
Extremely offensive core, made by three hard hitting Pokémon. Its strategy rotates around the VoltTurn combination, trying to open a way for Charizard Y to set up with Flame Charge.
Gen 7 Mence-Aegi Offence explanation:
Salamence and Aegislash have been good partners from the whole ORAS days, already forming a great core themself. With Tapu Koko in the team they complete the Steel/Fairy/Dragon core, also adding a way to demolish Water-types that otherwise can be a problem for the duo.

THE TEAM:

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

This is a pretty standard Mega-Salamence set, the idea is that you Dragon Dance if possible and then start to sweep! Return is for a strong STAB move and Earthquake to hit things like Tapu Koko, Excadrill and Tyranitar. Roost is for recovery. The EVs and nature are self-explaining.

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Protect

This is also a pretty standard Tapu Koko set, Thunderbolt for a strong STAB, Dazzling Gleam to hit Hydreigon, Garchomp and Salamence and Dragonite.
Volt Switch to get him out but still deal damage. The EVs and nature are self-explainging. Life Orb to max out my damage.

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield
- Sacred Sword

This is a special attacking Aegislash, a Quiet nature because i dont want to lower my attack and speed is not gonna help him. 252 HP and 4 SpD to max out the bulk on the Special side. 252 SpA EVs to max out the damage from Shadow Ball. Shadow Sneak for priority and Sacred Sword to deal with Dark an Steel types like Heatran and Hydreigon.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flame Charge

A special attacking (for sure) Charizard-Y, the big strategy is to get off a Flame Charge if i have the chance and then start sweeping in the Sun. The rest is pretty self-explainig, HP Ice is for Garchomp and Lando-T.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Rock Slide

This is a standard Choice Scarf Lando-T set. I have Choosed Superpower over Knock-Off to hit Dark and Steel Types. Rock Slide to OHKO Charizard-Y and do serious harm to Gyarados, Salamence and Dragonite.

Kartana @ Focus Sash
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Detect

This is a VGC'17 Kartana set but it is working out in BSS for me too. Leaf Blade is doing great damage to everything is neutrally hit by it, Sacred Sword deals with normal types like Mega Kangaskhan and Porygon2. Smart Strike for Tapu Lele and other fairys. Detect to scout what my opponent is gonna do.

Closing Word:

This was the team, i hope you guys think its pretty decent and i also hope i gain a lot of help for this team! Feedback is appreciated!

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
why run Protect / Detect on Koko / Kart? they do literally nothing. Koko can use a heap of good moves in the fourth slot like Calm Mind, Grass Knot, Taunt, Hidden Power (Ice / Fire / Ground), or Nature's Madness. Kartana can also use Swords Dance or Night Slash. Not making use of a Z move on the team also feels like a waste, I think Kartana would best since sash kinda sucks on it. Swords Dance + Fightinium Z would really help against things like Porygon2, Ferrothorn, Celesteela, Heatran etc that your team kinda struggles against (especially if you need to bring Mence against a bad Zard matchup or whatever).

Other than that, the team looks super offensive and not really well balanced. Simply changing Landorus-T to either a physdef Helmet, SpD Mago, or Assault Vest set would at least give you some bulk and allows you to get Stealth Rock up (except on AV ofc) which really helps both Zard and Mence sweep through Focus Sashes

I would really like to rate this one, since there aren't many bss to rate these days, there is just one problem: that's the team i've asked you to build in our first tutoring session, also telling you that we were going to edit it togheter in the second. That's why i'll just say if you please can be patient and wait, we'll make it better and especially i'll try to make you better in teambuilding / understanding of the meta and such...

Also, sorry for going offtopic with this, but since i'm tutoring Wallace i would really like if we can stop this rate my team, since it would not help him. We need to go step by step.

Again, please Wallace be patient, It's hard to learn the basics in just 1 lesson, but i promise i'll do my best to make you a better player / builder :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)