Gen 7 [GEN 7 OU] I try to make good Charizard-Mega-Y 2

DIYUSI

formerly KaiserKaiba
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Pokepast: https://pokepast.es/a1c52554eecbfab3

Hello, as you can see on the title, I try to build a team around Charizard-Mega-Y. To present the team, we will divide the thread in three parts:

I-A presentation of Charizard-Mega-Y

II-The teambuilding process

III-The team in detail

mega-dracaufeu-y.png

Charizard-Mega-Y is a Fly-Fire pokemon; For the stats, we have:
-HP : 78
-Attack : 104
-Defense : 78
-Sp.Attack : 159
-Sp.Def : 115
-Speed : 100
Talent: Drought
As you can see, Charizard-Mega-Y is a powerful wallbreaker. He has a high Sp.Attack, his main stab is boosted with the Sun (put by the talent Drought) and he have a correct bulk on the Special side (especially when he have access to Roost). However, his speed, even if he manage to reach the line of the hundreds speed, is not enough to ensure a safe sweep. Moreover, his dual-types, make him very vulnerable, especially on the Stealth Rock where he take four times the damage. Thereby, Charizard-Y-Mega is a pokemon which need support to be able to work efficiently.

Let's summarize the principal threat of Charizard-Y-Mega:

On the defensive side:

-Chansey: of course, the best Sp.Attack Wall on the tier will block without any problem Charizard-Mega-Y. Even if the pokemon has access to Focus Blast, Chansey is still one of his biggest weakness.
-Toxapex: like Chansey, Toxapex has the right types and enough stats to perfectly wall Charizard-Mega-Y. Unfortunately, his access to solar beam is not enough to threaten Toxapex.
-Latias-Mega: his dual-types and his bulk make him a right answer to Charizard-Mega-Y.
-Dragon-Type: On this category, the most problematic is Kommo-o due to his recovery. Garchomp is problematic too, but his lack of recovery (and of Sp.Def if no investment) make him frail to cheap damage.

On the offensive side:
-Fight-Type: Medicham-Mega and Lopunny-Mega deal a lot of damage even with the fly-resist.
-Ash-Greninja: Charizard-Mega-Y can take a Hydro Pump but Ash-Greninja stays a threat that need a correct answer
-Psy-Type: Tapu Lele (Scarf especially) and Alakazam-Mega need a answer
-Kartana: Charizard-Mega-Y is heavily pressure by Kartana due to his poor bulk of the defensive side.
-Stealth Rock: of course, a solid defogger/Rapid Spinner is mandatory with Charizard-Mega-Y.

Now that we unravel a little the pokemon, let's continue on the second parts.

In this part, we will detail how i process to build my team.

mega-dracaufeu-y.png

First, the star of this RMT: Charizard-Mega-Y.

mega-dracaufeu-y.pngweavile-f.png
Weavile and Charizard-Mega-Y have a lot of synergies between them. Weavile will take care of pokemon like Latios-Mega, Latias-Mega, Chansey or Tapu Lele. Charizard-Y-Mega will take down Steel-type pokemons for weavile like Scizor, Ferrothorn or Celesteela.

mega-dracaufeu-y.pngweavile-f.pnggarchomp-f.png
With only Weavile and Chariazard-Y, we notice that Heatran and Toxapex are very problematic. In that case, we will put Garchomp, a pokemon that exactly pressure these two pokemons. Moreover, Garchomp really appreciates that Weavile takes care of Latias-Mega and Latios-Mega and that Charizard-Mega-Y help against Steel-Type pokemons.

mega-dracaufeu-y.pngweavile-f.pnggarchomp-f.pngMagearna-Pokemon-SW-and-SH.png
At this stage of the teambuilding process, we notice that fairy can be problematic (especially Clefable) and we seriously need a solid backpone. First of all, Magearna will help to pressure more the fairy in general while being a check for Psy-spam.

mega-dracaufeu-y.pngweavile-f.pnggarchomp-f.pngMagearna-Pokemon-SW-and-SH.pngzapdos.png
Zapdos will greatly help the team by providing defog for Weavile and Charizard-Mega-Y. Moreover, Zapdos will be the check for Kartana, Medicham-Mega and Lopunny-Mega.

mega-dracaufeu-y.pngweavile-f.pnggarchomp-f.pngMagearna-Pokemon-SW-and-SH.pngzapdos.pngwash-rotom.png
Finally, Rotom-wash will be a better a fire-resist than Garchomp and a better pokemon in general against Rain.

Now that we detail the teambuilding process, let's continue to the third part.

III-The team in detail

mega-dracaufeu-y.png
Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- Solar Beam
- Roost
Flametrower is his main stab, Focus Blast is needed for Heatran, Solar Beam for Water-Type Pokemon. Roost is probably mandatory on Charizard-Mega-Y because this move gives him much more durability.

weavile-f.png
Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
Weavile will be here to trap pokemons that prevent Charizard-Mega-Y from sweeping the opponent. Choice Band will be play to give us more power and garantuee OHKO on certain key-pokemons. Pursuit is obviously here to trap these pokemons. Knock Off and Icicle Crash are his main stabs. Ice Shard is a nice priority really important to become more threatening for pokemons like Landorus-Therian Scarf.

garchomp-f.png
Garchomp @ Rockium Z / Dragonium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Outrage
- Swords Dance
Swords Dance increases the firepower of Garchomp. Stealth Rock is here to punish switch against pokemons like Heatran or Toxapex. Earthquake is his mandatory stab. For the last move, it depends on your personal taste. Rockiusm Z (with Stone Edge) is good to touch pokemons like Celesteela, Landorus-Therian or Grass-Type in general. However, because we already have Charizard-Mega-Y on the team, Dragonium Z (with Outrage) can be a better option. Choose what you want between these two options.

Magearna-Pokemon-SW-and-SH.png
Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Volt Switch
- Fleur Cannon
- Ice Beam / Focus Blast / Hidden Power Fire
- Iron Head
Assault Vest helps Magearna to check Tapu Lele, Alakazam-Mega and kind of Ash-Greninja. Thus, Fleur Cannon is his main stab. Iron Head is preferred to deal more damage against the other Magearna and Clefable Calm Mind. Volt Switch helps to maintain momentum and bring safely are offensive pokemons on the field. For the last move, Focus Blast help against Heatran and Hidden Power Fire against Ferrothorn and Scizor, but, Ice Beam can be run because, at this stage of the team, we notice we are weak against Garchomp and Ice Beam helps to patch a few this weakness.

zapdos.png
Zapdos @ Rocky Helmet / Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Roost
As I already said, Defog is mandatory to get ride of hazards. Roost gives him recovery. Heat Wave allows to beat Ferrothorn and Discharge is preferred mainly for the 30% of paralyze the target. For the item, Leftovers can be run to have more recovery, but Rocky Helmet is a good option too, because Rocky Helmet allows to make progress while checking.

wash-rotom.png
Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 232 HP / 4 Def / 12 SpA / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick
Rotom-Wash will be play with Choice Scarf because we really need Speed Control on the team. Volt Switch for the same reason than Magearna. Hydro Pump is his main stab. Will-O-Wisp is very important to shut down pokemons like Garchomp or Swampert-Mega. Trick is a fine move that help to shut down pokemons like Chansey or Toxapex.

This is all for my team. Feel free to give me advice to improve my team. I got correct results with this team (consider i'm only at 1600-1700 in the ladder). Thanks for the attention you will give for my post.

Pokepast: https://pokepast.es/a1c52554eecbfab3

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)