[Gen 7] The greatest: Max. Optimizer' birthday giveaway ft. shiny Celebi (+ proof) [COMPLETE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The Greatest: Max. Optimizer's birthday giveaway ft. shiny Celebi (+ proof)

Introduction:

Best greetings fellow Smogon users, it is giveaway time!
Today is my 26th birthday and I wanted to celebrate this with all of you!

Some of you might remember my "Bird Set Free" giveaway, during which I gave away 50 copies of my shiny Lugia and 50 copies of my shiny Ho-Oh. Well, today I welcome the opportunity to officially give away the last remaining member of the trio: my shiny Celebi!

Since Celebi is a Mythical Pokémon, it cannot be traded over the GTS. This means that I will distribute the Celebis via direct trade. Since this is fairly time-consuming, and, since I am considerably busy with my studies these days, I will only give away 10 copies this time around. Thank you for your understanding.

This giveaway comes with a little twist! You will have to draw something for me in order to win a Celebi! Read the rules down below for more information.

It is, just like the rest of my Pokémon, fully redistributable, which means that you are allowed to trade it. Feel free to add it to your trade thread here on Smogon and feel free to trade it with as many of your friends outside of Smogon as much as you like! As per usual, the goal of my giveaways is not just to make people happy in general, but also to spark off additional trading and communication between community members!

It can be traded to both SuMo and USUM games, which means that, if you do not have the USUM games (yet), you will still be able to participate!

{#251 - Max. Optimizer's Sakiko}

IVs: 31/31/31/HT(26)/31/31 - Bold\Natural Cure (Ø) - Chris\24381 ‹

Ut: Curse, Sweet Scent, Detect, Nightmare
Ev'd: Thunder Wave, Recover, U-turn, Giga Drain
[252 HP / 88 Def / 148 SpD / 22 Spe]

I caught this Pokémon with a Master Ball at the Ilex Forest shrine on my Pokémon Crystal version for the Virtual Console.
Since ball types are not retained in Generation 1 and 2 games, its ball became a regular Pokéball after transferring it to Generation 7 via Poké Transport.
The Celebi from the Virtual Console version of Pokémon Crystal is the only legal Celebi that can be shiny.
The Celebi from the Virtual Console version of Crystal is also the only legal Celebi that has access to the moves Curse, Sweet Scent, Detect and Nightmare (TM03, TM12, TM43 and TM50 in Pokémon Crystal).
This Pokémon was soft-reset manually: this means that no tools (such as e.g. PKMN-NTR bots or Lua scripts) or glitches were involved in the hunt for this Pokémon.
I started soft-resetting on the 28th of January 2018 and I finally encountered the shiny Celebi on the 7th of February 2018 at 13:18 p.m after soft-resetting for 11 days.
The odds of encountering a shiny Pokémon are 1/8192 in Generation 2 games.
I referred to this "Exp. Points ↔ Nature" table (courtesy of TheMantyke) to assure a Bold nature for it.
I finished the Alola Ribbon Master on the 7th of February 2018.

Sakiko (written: 咲子 or 紗己子) is a feminine Japanese given name, composed of the two Japanese words 咲 (saki) meaning "blossom" and 子 (ko) meaning "child".

If you wish to see proof in the form of screenshots, please click on the following links:

Please just make sure to read the rules, okay? Okay.

Must-read: fundamental ruleset:

• In order to participate, draw me a picture of a Chandelure. It is my mascot.
• Every art style is allowed. It can be drawn on paper or it can be drawn with the help of a computer program.
• Every art skill is welcome. You don't need to be an artist. Just give it your best shot!
• You can upload your submission to a hosting site like imgur. 500x500 pixels is the optimal size.
• Plagiarism is not allowed. It needs to be your own work! If I find out that you submitted another person's work, you will be banned from my giveaways forever.
• You need to include both your FC and IGN in your post and you need to add my FC as well. You can find it in my signature down below.
• My time zone is GMT+1 and my availability usually ranges from 9 a.m to 12 p.m.
• It is your responsibility to find a time where we can both be online at the same time.
• Once you have submitted your artwork in this thread, you can contact me via VM/PM, Smogon's Wi-Fi Discord or on PS! in order to work out a date and time for the trade with me.
• Please do not rush me. I will get to you as soon as I possibly can. I reserve the right to exclude people from the giveaway that do not want to follow the rules or people with poor behavior. Fortunately this has never been the case. Let us keep it that way, shall we?
• The giveaway will end once I have received 10 submissions. Once the giveaway is over, it is over. Please do not submit any more artworks once it is complete.
• Please do not be sad or disappointed if you did not manage to get a Celebi. There is always a chance that one of your fellow Smogon members will give you a copy of the one they received from me!

Cloning method:

• The cloning was done with the help of PKHeX. If you are opposed to cloned Pokémon, I respect your opinion and ask you to refrain from participating.

The winners:

Draelok
Pr1de
C y 1
Viridi
InfurnusV2.0
Hare_vs_Tortoise
Eruka_Marx
sater10
Blueforce
scob97

Last edited:
Happy Birthday, Max!
I'm not an artist at all but I've tried to do my best.
FC: 3798-0361-3010; IGN: Jack
Thank you for amazing giveaway!

Happy Birthday!
chandelure2.png
In my defense, I haven't drawn anything since I was 9 and as you see I'm not very skilled. However, I really tried for it to at least resemble chandelure and actually had a fun time making it. Hope you won't find it as hopeless as my primary school teacher surely would.
IGN: Jaime
FC: 4098-8013-0544
Thanks for the giveaway and details about nickname, it surely suits Celebi well!

I cannot draw to save my life, but I tried. I decided to draw Shiny Chandelure because I love its Halloween-y color scheme. Also, you're giving away a shiny, so I thought it would be somewhat fitting.

My FC is 2277-6687-2973.
My IGN is Viridi. Thanks so much for holding this giveaway; Celebi is among my favorite Shiny Pokemon! And again, Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday
3YvZNUz_d.jpg

Haven't drawn in years, so hopefully this is good enough. It even came out better then imagined. BTW, used the official art as a reference. Have great day :)
IGN Choco-Cookie
FC: 2251-8507-5348
was unable to find ur FC. So will need it when ur ready.
Thank You

Last edited:

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Thank you very much Viridi and InfurnusV2.0! Wow, I'm getting spoiled today! So many beautiful submissions. :)
That being said, I've added your Friend-Codes and I'm available to trade now. :)

IGN: Christophe | FC: 4184-4501-1378

Hello! Happy 26th birthday! I'm 2 years behind that :Ρ
No skills here, but it was fun drawing it!
chandelure.png

IGN: Théo
FC: 0018 1195 4085

May i join the party? it's not as good as the others, but, hopefully you're with it.
IGN: さと
FC: 0276-1719-8676

Last edited:

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
I definitely enjoy it, Blueforce, thank you! Every single submission has been great in its very own unique way. I got spoiled a lot today. :)
I'm available now, you can pick it now if you want.

just dropping by to wish you a happy birthday once more, I sincerely hope you had a great day so far! The giveaway is absolutely amazing as always, too :)

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
Thank you very much, Fischgrat, it means a lot to me! I wanted to do something different this time around and, as you can see, this giveaway has been a resounding success so far. :)

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
Alright, scob97, it looks like you get the last Celebi. Also no worries, it's not about who draws the best one! I liked every single artwork that was submitted today!

That being said, I can trade you your Celebi now if you want!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)