Gen 7 Gen 7 Ubers Mega Diancie Balance - 燃える月の輝き

Strange Name

Banned deucer.
7.PNG

-------------------------------------------------- 燃える月の輝き - An USUM Ubers Rate My team ----------------------------------------------------------
Greetings! Fellow Pokemon Trainers! Welcome to my first ever RMT, which also serves the purpose of marking the end of my first year as a Pokemon Trainer. I must remind the readers that this RMT is more of a conclusion to my first year of Pokemon than a serious team showcase. I am very aware that my results are not anything to brag about, but it is the best I can get, all constructive feedbacks about the team is very welcome!

Let me introduce myself, I am Strange Name, someone who wishes to improve their Pokemon skills, I am happy to talk to anyone and would consider myself as a relatively reasonable person, so feel free to say hi if you ever see me on the ladder. Anyways, I am not Lance so I won’t write a ten-thousand-word introduction, so let me get started on the team, 燃える月の輝き !

The Team at a glance:
:sm/Diancie-Mega: :sm/Lunala: :sm/Groudon-Primal: :sm/Ho-oh: :sm/Arceus-Ground: :sm/Marshadow:

The Team Building Process:

When I just got into the USUM Ubers meta, I was passed this team by one of my best friends, Willlliam. Which contained Scarf Yveltal, Swords dance Rocks Primal Groudon,

:sm/Scizor-Mega: :sm/Yveltal: :sm/Groudon-Primal: :sm/Arceus-Ground: :sm/Marshadow: :sm/Lunala:

I took the team and had some success on the ladder. But soon, I found it to be very weak against Yveltal and threats like Calm Mind Groundceus, HP Fire Xerneas, Ho-oh etc. Thus I tweaked the team to the following:
:sm/Scizor-Mega: :sm/Ho-oh: :sm/Groudon Primal: :sm/Lunala: :sm/Arceus-water: :sm/Yveltal:

I believe this version is overall better than the previous version, but it still struggled with Extreme Killer, Kyogre, and even Primal Groudon. Thus I was unsatisfied with the team and decided to restart. I started with Calm Mind Z Lunala as I was quite astounded by its the wall-breaking capacity from my experience of using the team above.
:sm/Lunala:
I asked myself what weaknesses Lunala has, and what comes to mind is Yveltal, by far the most common dark type in the meta, and entry hazards, with interferes with Lunala’s shadow shield ability. With that in mind, I decided that the second member of my team shall be Mega Diancie. I believe this was a good choice as it not only beats Yveltal one on one, bounces back hazards that Lunala dislikes, but it also strengthens this team’s MU against stall.
:sm/Lunala: :sm/Diancie-Mega:
The team still lacked a Xerneas check, Primal Kyogre Check, and a sweeper. Thus I added a Double Dance Primal Groudon and a defog Ho-oh. They come with the benefit of beating steel types that Diancie generally struggles with, with Ho-oh acting as a back-up check for Yveltal and Marshadow lacking rock tomb.
:sm/Lunala: :sm/Diancie-Mega: :sm/Groudon-Primal: :sm/Ho-oh:
Of course, having merely Ho-oh as a defogger can be troubling when the opposing Stealth Rock Setter knows a rock move. Many stealth rock setters in the meta have a good matchup against Mega Diancie too, so I added a defog Arceus Ground, to defog against threats like Necrozma Duskmane which knows both stealth rock and stone edge or a Groudon Primal that knows both. It also acts as a check to the common Mega Salamence and, more importantly, Primal Groudon.
:sm/Lunala: :sm/Diancie-Mega: :sm/Groudon-Primal: :sm/Ho-oh: :sm/Arceus-Ground:
At this point, the team is nearly complete, and I realized that my team lacks speed control, thus I added one of the most common scarfers: Yveltal to my team. It serves as a late-game cleaner and a revenge killer.
:sm/Lunala: :sm/Diancie-Mega: :sm/Groudon-Primal: :sm/Ho-oh: :sm/Arceus-Ground: :sm/Yveltal:
The team first saw a bit of success, but then lost many times due to one of the following scenarios happening: Xerneas Thunder paralyzes and immobilizes Ho-oh, thus sweeping my team; Last mon Geomancy Xerneas sweeping my team; Primal Groudon getting chipped too quickly and Primal Kyogre just obliterates my team; Arceus Extreme Killer sweeping my team, Mega Salamence getting a Dragon Dance boost before sweeping my team, etc. Thus, I made the following changes: made Primal Groudon from double dance to specially defensive with Roar, and replaced Yveltal with Marshadow to check Extreme Killer and to revenge a weakened Salamence Mega.
:sm/Diancie-Mega: :sm/Lunala: :sm/Groudon-Primal: :sm/Ho-oh: :sm/Arceus-Ground: :sm/Marshadow:
With the team, I easily reached #7 on the Ubers Ladder. The team still has many weaknesses, but I am happy about how it turned out. I decided to name it '燃える月の輝き', The Spark Of The Flaming Moon, Spark references to Mega Diancie and how it is Sparkling, Flaming references this team's two fire types, and the moon, of course, is a reference to Lunala, the Moone Pokemon.

A Closer Look at the team:

It'll Mean Victory (Lunala) @ Lunalium Z

Ability: Shadow Shield

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Calm Mind

- Moongeist Beam

- Psyshock

- Moonblast

Named after the Evangelion Rebuild OST, the moone pokemon is one of the most excellent Z users in the meta due to the lack of Ghost resist. Z is required to use Moonraze Menacing Maelstrom, Calm mind is used to boost special attack to wall break, Moongeist beam is a highly spammable STAB that penetrates most balance teams, Psyshock is required to break past Blissey, and Moonblast is chosen over focus blast for its ability to beat Yveltal, as the main targets of Focus Blast, Darkceus and Ttar, is generally not very difficult to deal with for this team. The EVs maxed out speed to outspeed the base 90s and 95s, and the rest is thrown into special attack to capitalize on its wall-breaking ability.

:sm/Diancie-Mega:
Beautiful World (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite

Ability: Clear Body

EVs: 24 Atk / 224 SpA / 8 SpD / 252 Spe

Hasty Nature

- Moonblast

- Diamond Storm

- Earth Power

- Stealth Rock

Named by the song made by Utada Hikaru, used in Evangelion 1.0, the Jewel Pokemon is one of the team’s 2 stealth rock setters. Moonblast is a highly spammable STAB, Diamond storm is used to hit mons like Yveltal and Ho-oh, Earth Power can 2HKO Primal Groudon, and Stealth rock on Mega Diancie is simply difficult for stall to answer. The EVs maximizes on speed to outspeed as many pokemon as possible, with enough special attack to 2HKO Primal Groudon, whilst 2HKOing Blissey with Diamond Storm. The rest of the EVs are dumped into Special Defense to check Yveltal better.

:sm/Groudon-Primal:
The Beast (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb

Ability: Desolate Land

EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD

Relaxed Nature

- Stealth Rock

- Earthquake

- Overheat

- Roar

The King of Ubers, the continent pokemon is this team’s Primal Kyogre check, Xerneas Check, and secondary Stealth rock setter when Diancie is unable to set up rocks due to the team MU. The double stealth rock may seem peculiar at first, but after a bit of experimenting, I feel like it's the best move. Earthquake is chosen over Precipice Blades for its consistent damage on Kyogre, which is very important for this team.

:sm/Ho-oh:

In My Spirit (Ho-Oh) @ Leftovers

Ability: Regenerator

EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpD

Impish Nature

- Sacred Fire

- Whirlwind

- Toxic

- Defog

The Rainbow Pokemon is the team’s main Pivot, Secondary Xerneas Check, Calm Mind Arceus Counter, and one of the two defoggers. The EVs allow it to survive a +2 Thunder from Xerneas, and the rest are dumped into defence. Sacred Fire is a strong STAB, Whirlwind to beat set up sweepers and Xerneas, toxic to cripple the offensive threats, and defog as the rainbow pokemon is notorious for its 4x weakness to stealth rock.

:sm/Arceus-Ground:

The Wrath Of God (Arceus-Ground) @ Earth Plate

Ability: Multitype

EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 Spe

Bold Nature

- Judgment

- Recover

- Ice Beam

- Defog

Named after another Evangelion piece, Arceus checks Primal Groudon that know a rock type attack, Marshadow that knows Rock Tomb, and Necrozma Duskmane with a Rock-type attack. Its incredible bulk combined with its good speed made it able to switch into most attacks. The EVs allowed it to outspeed non-speed boosting nature Xerneas and Yveltal, and the rest are dumped into defence to deal with Dragon Dance Mega Salamence more comfortably.

:sm/Marshadow:

Destiny (Marshadow) @ Life Orb

Ability: Technician

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

Naive Nature

- Spectral Thief

- Close Combat

- Shadow Sneak

- Hidden Power [Ice]

The team’s main revenge killer. Marshadow acts as the E-killer check for the team. Hidden Power Ice was chosen to revenge kill Salamence without a speed boost, and help beat Zygarde. Life Orb is chosen to capitalize on its cleaning and revenge killing ability.

Importable:

Timid Nature

- Calm Mind

- Moongeist Beam

- Psyshock

- Moonblast

Hasty Nature

- Moonblast

- Diamond Storm

- Earth Power

- Stealth Rock

Relaxed Nature

- Stealth Rock

- Earthquake

- Overheat

- Roar

Impish Nature

- Sacred Fire

- Whirlwind

- Toxic

- Defog

Bold Nature

- Judgment

- Recover

- Ice Beam

- Defog

Naive Nature

- Spectral Thief

- Close Combat

- Shadow Sneak

- Hidden Power [Ice]

Threat List:
:sm/Groudon-Primal: The continent Pokemon is checked between this team's Ho-oh and Arceus Ground, although movesets that contain both a rock move and a special fire move can be troubling. Even if it manages to break past, Lunala, Diancie, and Marshadow can all revenge kill it easily.

:sm/Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: Necrozma Dusk Mane without rock moves are comfortably checked by Ho-oh, who can burn it with Sacred Fire. Sets with rock move are hard to wall but can be dealt with Arceus Ground. If it happens to hold an Ultranecrozium Z, it will usually take out a Pokemon from the team, but can be revenged with Marshadow or Lunala if the moone Pokemon did not have its Shadow Shield Broken.

:sm/Yveltal: The Destruction Pokemon can be checked by a combination of Ho-oh, Diancie-Mega, and Arceus Ground. With Jewel Pokemon being able to OHKO Yveltal with the slightest chip.

:sm/Gengar-Mega: Although no single member of 燃える月の輝き can 'counter' the Shadow Pokemon, however without some prior chip, none of the members in the team will lose a 1v1 against a Mega Gengar. However, one must be careful with Perish trap and Destiny Bond sets, as they can usually take out one or two members of 燃える月の輝き if played poorly.

:sm/Zygarde-Complete: Zygarde can be usually be dealt with by Arceus Ground and Marshadow, and even Diancie if Zygarde doesn't outspeed it. However, it can be a problem if it was played well.

:sm/Marshadow: Mostly dealt with between Arceus Ground and Ho-oh. If it holds the item Marshardium Z it is likely to take out 1 pokemon from the team. However, after that, it can be dealt with easily with Ho-oh, which can also deal with sets without Rock Tomb.

:sm/Arceus-Ground: Every set beside the Swords dance stone edge set can be easily dealt with Ho-oh. Swords dance sets can be played around with Marshadow.

:sm/Xerneas: Checked comfortably between Ho-oh and Primal Groudon. Ho-oh is usually the go-to check as it can heal off its damage, unlike Primal Groudon.

:sm/Kyogre: Checked by Groudon Primal. If it manages to overwhelm Groudon, it will usually be severely damaged. And at that point, it can be revenge with any other pokemon other than Ho-oh. The user of this team should avoid sending out Ho-oh if the opponent has a healthy Kyogre, especially if the Groudon on 燃える月の輝き has already fainted.. In a desperate situation, Lunala can switch into any attack the Sea Basin Pokemon can deliver thanks to its Shadow Shield ability, before revenging with a Mooraze Menacing Maelstrom.

:sm/Arceus-Fairy: All of its movesets are checked comfortably by Ho-oh.

:sm/Arceus-Water: An annoying pokemon to this team. Ho-oh can check the none-Judgement variants while Primal Groudon can check the none Earth Power variants if there is no other pokemon the continent pokemon is needed to check, such as Kyogre-Primal. It should be badly poisoned as soon as possible, so Pokemons like Marshadow and Lunala can attempt to kill it.

Got tired, think will end my first ever Rate my team here, so here are some replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-1289393258-4mfu28hnwmi9hcz6wvhz4lok4vypgptpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-1289468940-isw92tbsg8kxu5qgbz385jhf5qj2m5upw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-1289934050-qtmwlhieg9t5vjld3tukrcr5wqavtdbpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-1294239796-u69yslhy3zwvlmbbzbj32lnhl3pafhmpw

Again, any feedback is welcome, thank you for reading!

Last edited:
View attachment 326479

Greetings! Fellow Pokemon Trainers! Welcome to my first ever RMT, which also serves the purpose of marking the end of my first year as a Pokemon Trainer. I must remind the readers that this RMT is more of a conclusion to my first year of Pokemon than a serious team showcase. I am very aware that my results are not anything to brag about, but it is the best I can get, all constructive feedbacks about the team is very welcome!

Let me introduce myself, I am Strange Name, someone who wishes to improve their Pokemon skills, I am happy to talk to anyone and would consider myself as a relatively reasonable person, so feel free to say hi if you ever see me on the ladder. Anyways, I am not Lance so I won’t write a ten-thousand-word introduction, so let me get started on the team!

The Team at a glance:

The Team Building Process:

When I just got into the USUM Ubers meta, I was passed this team by one of my best friends, Willlliam. Which contained Scarf Yveltal, Swords dance Rocks Primal Groudon,

:sm/Scizor-Mega: :sm/Yveltal: :sm/Groudon-Primal: :sm/Arceus-Ground: :sm/Marshadow: :sm/Lunala:

I took the team and had some success on the ladder. But soon, I found it to be very weak against Yveltal and threats like Calm Mind Groundceus, HP Fire Xerneas, Ho-oh etc. Thus I tweaked the team to the following:
:sm/Scizor-Mega: :sm/Ho-oh: :sm/Groudon Primal: :sm/Lunala: :sm/Arceus-water: :sm/Yveltal:

I believe this version is overall better than the previous version, but it still struggled with Extreme Killer, Kyogre, and even Primal Groudon. Thus I was unsatisfied with the team and decided to restart. I started with Calm Mind Z Lunala as I was quite astounded by its the wall-breaking capacity from my experience of using the team above.
I asked myself what weaknesses Lunala has, and what comes to mind is Yveltal, by far the most common dark type in the meta, and entry hazards, with interferes with Lunala’s shadow shield ability. With that in mind, I decided that the second member of my team shall be Mega Diancie. I believe this was a good choice as it not only beats Yveltal one on one, bounces back hazards that Lunala dislikes, but it also strengthens this team’s MU against stall.
:sm/Lunala: :sm/Diancie-Mega:
The team still lacked a Xerneas check, Primal Kyogre Check, and a sweeper. Thus I added a Double Dance Primal Groudon and a defog Ho-oh. They come with the benefit of beating steel types that Diancie generally struggles with, with Ho-oh acting as a back-up check for Yveltal and Marshadow lacking rock tomb.
:sm/Lunala: :sm/Diancie-Mega: :sm/Groudon-Primal: :sm/Ho-oh:
Of course, having merely Ho-oh as a defogger can be troubling when the opposing Stealth Rock Setter knows a rock move. Many stealth rock setters in the meta have a good matchup against Mega Diancie too, so I added a defog Arceus Ground, to defog against threats like Necrozma Duskmane which knows both stealth rock and stone edge or a Groudon Primal that knows both. It also acts as a check to the common Mega Salamence and, more importantly, Primal Groudon.
:sm/Lunala: :sm/Diancie-Mega: :sm/Groudon-Primal: :sm/Ho-oh: :sm/Arceus-Ground:
At this point, the team is nearly complete, and I realized that my team lacks speed control, thus I added one of the most common scarfers: Yveltal to my team. It serves as a late-game cleaner and a revenge killer.
:sm/Lunala: :sm/Diancie-Mega: :sm/Groudon-Primal: :sm/Ho-oh: :sm/Arceus-Ground: :sm/Yveltal:
The team first saw a bit of success, but then lost many times due to one of the following scenarios happening: Xerneas Thunder paralyzes and immobilizes Ho-oh, thus sweeping my team; Last mon Geomancy Xerneas sweeping my team; Primal Groudon getting chipped too quickly and Primal Kyogre just obliterates my team; Arceus Extreme Killer sweeping my team, Mega Salamence getting a Dragon Dance boost before sweeping my team, etc. Thus, I made the following changes: made Primal Groudon from double dance to specially defensive with Roar, and replaced Yveltal with Marshadow to check Extreme Killer and to revenge a weakened Salamence Mega.
With the team, I easily reached #7 on the Ubers Ladder. The team still has many weaknesses, but I am happy about how it turned out.

A Closer Look at the team:

Timid Nature

- Calm Mind

- Moongeist Beam

- Psyshock

- Moonblast

Named after the Evangelion Rebuild OST, the moone pokemon is one of the most excellent Z users in the meta due to the lack of Ghost resist. Z is required to use Moonraze Menacing Maelstrom, Calm mind is used to boost special attack to wall break, Moongeist beam is a highly spammable STAB that penetrates most balance teams, Psyshock is required to break past Blissey, and Moonblast is chosen over focus blast for its ability to beat Yveltal, as the main targets of Focus Blast, Darkceus and Ttar, is generally not very difficult to deal with for this team. The EVs maxed out speed to outspeed the base 90s and 95s, and the rest is thrown into special attack to capitalize on its wallbreaking ability.

:sm/Diancie-Mega:

Hasty Nature

- Moonblast

- Diamond Storm

- Earth Power

- Stealth Rock

Named by the song made by Utada Hikaru, used in Evangelion 1.0, the Jewel Pokemon is one of the team’s 2 stealth rock setters. Moonblast is a highly spammable STAB, Diamond storm is used to hit mons like Yveltal and Ho-oh, Earth Power can 2HKO Primal Groudon, and Stealth rock on Mega Diancie is simply difficult for stall to answer. The EVs maximizes on speed to outspeed as many pokemon as possible, with enough special attack to 2HKO Primal Groudon, whilst 2HKOing Blissey with Diamond Storm. The rest of the EVs are dumped into Special Defense to check Yveltal better.

:sm/Groudon-Primal:

Relaxed Nature

- Stealth Rock

- Earthquake

- Overheat

- Roar

The King of Ubers, the continent pokemon is this team’s Primal Kyogre check, Xerneas Check, and secondary Stealth rock setter when Diancie is unable to set up rocks due to the team MU. The double stealth rock may seem peculiar at first, but after a bit of experimenting, I feel like it's the best move.

:sm/Ho-oh:

Impish Nature

- Sacred Fire

- Whirlwind

- Toxic

- Defog

The Rainbow Pokemon is the team’s main Pivot, Secondary Xerneas Check, Calm Mind Arceus Counter, and one of the two defoggers. The EVs allow it to survive a +2 Thunder from Xerneas, and the rest are dumped into defence. Sacred Fire is a strong STAB, Whirlwind to beat set up sweepers and Xerneas, toxic to cripple the offensive threats, and defog as the rainbow pokemon is notorious for its 4x weakness to stealth rock.

:sm/Arceus-Ground:

Bold Nature

- Judgment

- Recover

- Ice Beam

- Defog

Named after another Evangelion piece, Arceus checks Primal Groudon that know a rock type attack, Marshadow that knows Rock Tomb, and Necrozma Duskmane with a Rock-type attack. Its incredible bulk combined with its good speed made it able to switch into most attacks. The EVs allowed it to outspeed non-speed boosting nature Xerneas and Yveltal, and the rest are dumped into defence to deal with Dragon Dance Mega Salamence more comfortably.

:sm/Marshadow:

Naive Nature

- Spectral Thief

- Close Combat

- Shadow Sneak

- Hidden Power [Ice]

The team’s main revenge killer. Marshadow acts as the E-killer check for the team. Hidden Power Ice was chosen to revenge kill Salamence without a speed boost, Life Orb is chosen to capitalize on its cleaning and revenge killing ability.

Importable:

Timid Nature

- Calm Mind

- Moongeist Beam

- Psyshock

- Moonblast

Hasty Nature

- Moonblast

- Diamond Storm

- Earth Power

- Stealth Rock

Relaxed Nature

- Stealth Rock

- Earthquake

- Overheat

- Roar

Impish Nature

- Sacred Fire

- Whirlwind

- Toxic

- Defog

Bold Nature

- Judgment

- Recover

- Ice Beam

- Defog

Naive Nature

- Spectral Thief

- Close Combat

- Shadow Sneak

- Hidden Power [Ice]

Threat List:
:sm/Groudon-Primal: The continent Pokemon is checked between this team's Ho-oh and Arceus Ground, although movesets that contain both a rock move and a special fire move can be troubling. Even if it manages to break past, Lunala, Diancie, and Marshadow can all revenge kill it easily.

:sm/Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: Necrozma Dusk Mane without rock moves are comfortably checked by Ho-oh, who can burn it with Sacred Fire. Sets with rock move are hard to wall but can be dealt with Arceus Ground. If it happens to hold an Ultranecrozium Z, it will usually take out a Pokemon from the team, but can be revenged with Marshadow or Lunala if the moone Pokemon did not have its Shadow Shield Broken.

:sm/Yveltal: The Destruction Pokemon can be checked by a combination of Ho-oh, Diancie-Mega, and Arceus Ground. With Jewel Pokemon being able to OHKO Yveltal with the slightest chip.

:sm/Gengar-Mega: Although no Pokemons can 'counter' the Shadow Pokemon, without some prior chip, none of the members in the team will lose a 1v1 against a Mega Gengar. However, one must be careful with Perish trap and Destiny Bond sets, as they can usually take out a few members of the team.

:sm/Zygarde-Complete: Zygarde can be usually be dealt with by Arceus Ground and Marshadow, and even Diancie if Zygarde doesn't outspeed it. However, it can be a problem if it was played well.

:sm/Marshadow: Mostly dealt with between Arceus Ground and Ho-oh. If it holds the item Marshardium Z it is likely to take out 1 pokemon from the team. However, after that, it can be dealt with easily with Ho-oh, which can also deal with sets without Rock Tomb.

:sm/Arceus-Ground: Every set beside the Swords dance stone edge set can be easily dealt with Ho-oh. Swords dance sets can be played around with Marshadow.

:sm/Xerneas: Checked comfortably between Ho-oh and Primal Groudon. Ho-oh is usually the go-to check as it can heal off it's damage, unlike Primal Groudon.

:sm/Kyogre: Checked by Groudon Primal. If it manages to overwhelm Groudon, it will usually be severely damaged. And at that point, it can be revenge with any other pokemon other than Ho-oh. The user of this team should avoid sending out Ho-oh if the opponent has a healthy Kyogre, especially if the Groudon has already fainted. In a desperate situation, Lunala can switch into any attack the Sea Basin Pokemon can deliver thanks to its Shadow Shield ability, before revenging with a Mooraze Menacing Maelstrom.

:sm/Arceus-Fairy: All of its movesets are checked comfortably by Ho-oh.

:sm/Arceus-Water: An annoying pokemon to this team. Ho-oh can check the none-Judgement variants while Primal Groudon can check the none Earth Power variants if there is no other pokemon the continent pokemon is needed to check, such as Kyogre-Primal. It should be badly poisoned as soon as possible, so Pokemons like Marshadow and Lunala can attempt to kill it.

Got tired, think will end my first ever Rate my team here, so here are some replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-1289393258-4mfu28hnwmi9hcz6wvhz4lok4vypgptpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-1289468940-isw92tbsg8kxu5qgbz385jhf5qj2m5upw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-1289934050-qtmwlhieg9t5vjld3tukrcr5wqavtdbpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-1294239796-u69yslhy3zwvlmbbzbj32lnhl3pafhmpw

Again, any feedback is welcome, thank you for reading!
Nice team,it has a lot of synergy and makes good use of my favorite Pokémon lunala :)

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
Hi, really cool team with some picks like Z-Lunala and M-Diancie that you don't see much, just have a few small things that may be worth considering for the team.

Minor Changes:
:arceus-ground:
Ev spread change

Currently, the team struggles quite hard to switch into Eruption Mixed Groudon, with it just taking out pretty much every mon barring max HP lunala, and yours doesn't have Roost to keep itself around. With that in mind, I think the standard faster Arceus-Ground set works better. You aren't exactly weak to Mega Salamence with how much pressure you can apply with almost every mon, and this spread can still live a +1 hit while taking Groudon Eruption and being faster than things like Yveltal. The spread you had did outrun neutral nature max speed base 99's, but it only hit above Rayquaza and other base 95's while not hitting +speed nature Yveltal and Xerneas, when you could probably pump a bit more into speed. The Sp.def is the main reason for the set, since that's what allows it to live the Groudon Eruption always while fulfilling most of the same roles.

If you find it needing a little more bulk you could always drop down to 307 speed with a slower spread to hit +speed base 90's, but the standard dex Arceus Ground should work fine, giving more insurance against Mega Lucario which is always a threat and even opposing Mega Diancie which if this is statused can be quite problematic to switch into, especially sub variants. You do become slightly worse off against +1 Z-move Marshadow which has a super small chance to OHKO, but the other Arceus Ground was only a bit sturdier and it does about the same to the team as it would otherwise, with Pdon needing to stick around to finish it off more than likely.
Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 24 SpD / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Defog

:groudon-primal:
Stealth Rock --> Toxic

OR

:diancie-mega:
Stealth Rock --> Heal Bell

Double Stealth Rock usually isn't the best way to go imo, since you may have to Defog yourself quite often to keep Ho-oh healthy, and while they may not always be able to keep them up, both do their job of setting rocks fairly well. Toxic on Groudon is super helpful catching support Arceus types, letting Marshadow clean up games a ton easier overall, while also giving Groudon a good way of pressuring Mega Salamence harder.. Alternatively, if you did like rocks on Groudon a lot in testing, Heal Bell may be an interesting last move option on Mega Diancie. Toxic is super prevalent in this meta, and an offensive Heal Bell user in a similar vein to Scarf Aromatherapy Xerneas could be a big help if the team has to stick around for a longer game with the core of Arceus + Ho-oh, especially in stallier mu's where you really need to take some Toxics to outlast the opponent.

Rocks Groudon (pokepast.es)
Rocks Diancie (pokepast.es)

Team would look like one of these two small variations, I hope if you try out these tweaks they do well for you! Really minor things, but fixes up a few small things that may come into play in certain mu's. I tried to make things optional like the Arceus which can drop speed and which rocker to drop since I think it could work either way, but this is how I would usually handle the team, probably with Rocks Pdon, so I think they may help out overall.

Strange Name

Banned deucer.
Hi, really cool team with some picks like Z-Lunala and M-Diancie that you don't see much, just have a few small things that may be worth considering for the team.

Minor Changes:
:arceus-ground:
Ev spread change

Currently, the team struggles quite hard to switch into Eruption Mixed Groudon, with it just taking out pretty much every mon barring max HP lunala, and yours doesn't have Roost to keep itself around. With that in mind, I think the standard faster Arceus-Ground set works better. You aren't exactly weak to Mega Salamence with how much pressure you can apply with almost every mon, and this spread can still live a +1 hit while taking Groudon Eruption and being faster than things like Yveltal. The spread you had did outrun neutral nature max speed base 99's, but it only hit above Rayquaza and other base 95's while not hitting +speed nature Yveltal and Xerneas, when you could probably pump a bit more into speed. The Sp.def is the main reason for the set, since that's what allows it to live the Groudon Eruption always while fulfilling most of the same roles.

If you find it needing a little more bulk you could always drop down to 307 speed with a slower spread to hit +speed base 90's, but the standard dex Arceus Ground should work fine, giving more insurance against Mega Lucario which is always a threat and even opposing Mega Diancie which if this is statused can be quite problematic to switch into, especially sub variants. You do become slightly worse off against +1 Z-move Marshadow which has a super small chance to OHKO, but the other Arceus Ground was only a bit sturdier and it does about the same to the team as it would otherwise, with Pdon needing to stick around to finish it off more than likely.
Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 24 SpD / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Defog

:groudon-primal:
Stealth Rock --> Toxic

OR

:diancie-mega:
Stealth Rock --> Heal Bell

Double Stealth Rock usually isn't the best way to go imo, since you may have to Defog yourself quite often to keep Ho-oh healthy, and while they may not always be able to keep them up, both do their job of setting rocks fairly well. Toxic on Groudon is super helpful catching support Arceus types, letting Marshadow clean up games a ton easier overall, while also giving Groudon a good way of pressuring Mega Salamence harder.. Alternatively, if you did like rocks on Groudon a lot in testing, Heal Bell may be an interesting last move option on Mega Diancie. Toxic is super prevalent in this meta, and an offensive Heal Bell user in a similar vein to Scarf Aromatherapy Xerneas could be a big help if the team has to stick around for a longer game with the core of Arceus + Ho-oh, especially in stallier mu's where you really need to take some Toxics to outlast the opponent.

Rocks Groudon (pokepast.es)
Rocks Diancie (pokepast.es)

Team would look like one of these two small variations, I hope if you try out these tweaks they do well for you! Really minor things, but fixes up a few small things that may come into play in certain mu's. I tried to make things optional like the Arceus which can drop speed and which rocker to drop since I think it could work either way, but this is how I would usually handle the team, probably with Rocks Pdon, so I think they may help out overall.
Thanks bro! All sounds like very good suggestions to me, will definitely try them out!

Reactions: Fc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)