Other Metagames Gen 8 BH Gxe Record (Post Crown Tundra / Pre-Calyrex Ban)

When I first started playing gen 8 BH (Post Crown Tundra), I instantly observed that the Meta was both predictable enough and possessed the defensive tools to make stall a serious contender on ladder and at tours. However, following the bans on Darminatan and Intrepid Sword, I quickly realized that my old variant of Stall was no longer aligned with the threats of the metagame and so I had to begin from scratch. Eventually using similar concepts I had experimented with before I came up with this team: https://pokepast.es/69d21598aadcfbc0. The premise of the team is rather straightforward: you deny the opponent of any potential progress while slowly killing their team with Hazards, Burns, and Toxic Orb Blissey.

Team; The Nightmare Realm:

1653858531799.png

Dimrah Fiend (Giratina) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Level: 99
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Core Enforcer
- Scald
- Spikes
- King's Shield​

Giratina possesses a myriad of useful defensive properties including useful resistances to water Bug, Electric, Fire, Grass, Poison, Water, an Immunity to Normal, Fighting, and the ability to evade trapping. These unique characteristics allow it to be an excellent Rapid Spin blocker and enable it to switch in on common defensive pokemon like Zamazenta C, Registeel, Ho-Oh and Zygarde, and Yveltal and Status them with Scald or set up Hazards. Giratina is set at level 99 with minimum speed to underspeed other base 90 speed Pokemon such as Ho-Oh, Dialga etc. . ,so that its ability is harder to suppress its Poison Heal via Core Enforcer and so it's easier for it to suppress Magic Bounce with its own Core-Enforcer.

1653858765209.png

Wicked Twin (Blissey) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Imposter
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Impish Nature
- Shore Up
- Court Change
- Whirlwind
- U-turn
Imposter Blissey serves as a blanket check to common Poison Heal Pokemon such as Regigigas, and Xerneas in addition to being a valuable tool for scouting movesets. Blisssey is crucial for punishing opponents who rely on Poison Healers for longevity as it can easily switch into most Poison Heal pokemon and click moves thus forcing opponents to use pp defend. Blissey on the other hand, can just endlessly refresh its pp by switching out of the Poison Heal pokemon and switching back in on the same or another pokemon.

1653858851153.png

Aqueous Chimera (Type: Null) @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Haze
- Shore Up
- Destiny Bond
- Teleport​

Type Null possesses excellent 95/142/142, bulk, and an incredible Normal typing, which means it carries only 1 weakness which is fighting. These attributes of Type: Null make it a solid check to almost all set-up sweepers bar niche sets such as a Triage plus Drain Punch. Additionally Type: Null serves as the team's switch in Calyrex Shadow Rider since even choice Psystrike only does about 60% and it possesses immunity to Ghost. Even if Calyrex or a set-up sweeper gets the upper hand Type: Null still has Destiny Bond up its sleeve which allows it to remove the said threats and relieve the team of the offensive pressures exerted by those threats.

1653859105574.png

Onyx Idol (Tapu Fini) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
- Baneful Bunker
- Knock Off
- Scald
- Court Change​

Tapu Fini has an excellent Fairy/Water typing which makes it one of the few reliable counters Reshiram and Palkia. Its typing also makes it a good Imposter proof for Giratina, as Core Enforcer can't suppress Tapu Fini's ability. Court Change is placed on Fini to make it difficult for Imposter Chansey and Blissey to access it without taking Spikes Damage, risking a Burn with Scald, and getting their Item Knocked Off.

1653859229124.png

Fabricated King (Zamazenta-Crowned) @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Scales
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Careful Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Poison Fang
- Slack Off
- Rapid Spin​

Zamzenta Crowned is this Team's primary special wall. Its 92/145 Defense stat in tandem with Ice Scales makes it insanely bulky, while its amazing Steel Typing gives it a myriad of useful resistances to important types such as Dragon. Its massive special bulk makes it an excellent counter to foes such as Xerneas and Eternatus, which can threaten most of my team. Zamazenta is my chosen Rapid Spin user since I can lock Rapid Spin behind Anchor Shot thus denying Imposters the ability to remove Hazards. Poison Fang punishes common Rapid Spin blockers like Giratina , ensures I can easily Spinblock it with my Giratina ,and guarantees Zamzenta can stay in and KO Metronome Xerneas with Poison.

1653859335436.png

Tainted Tadpole (Swampert) @ Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Roost
- Thousand Waves
- Volt Switch
- Spectral Thief​

Swampert is my team's counter to Zacian, Zekrom, and a myriad of other physical threats due to its resistance to Steel and an Immunity to Electric. Thousand Waves makes it less passive since it can trap and kill Steel types, Zekrom, and its Imposter. Volt Switch gives it the ability to function as a pivot to safely trigger the Toxic Orbs on its Teammates and act as a useful middle man for Blissey, whist remaining self-imposter-proof since Imposter Chansey cannot use Volt-Switch to escape Thousand-Waves.

Tips on how to play the team:

As with most stall builds you will want to play conservatively, especially in the early game where safely triggering the team's Toxic Orbs is critical for the team's success later. Throughout the game try and identify pressure points in the opponents' team that you can exploit to ensure that you win the long game. Examples of things to look for are Inadequate hazard control, opposing Pokemon you can copy with Imposter Blissey that you can use to Pp stall the opponent's recovery options, Pokemon you can easily Pp stall, etc . . .

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8balancedhackmons-1287233866
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8balancedhackmons-1272115694
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8balancedhackmons-529942

Proof of Peak / Win Rate:
Screenshot 2020-12-14 at 4.13.09 PM.png

Screenshot 2020-12-14 at 4.15.50 PM.png

Shoutouts:
A special thanks to Lazzerpenguin and City without their help this team/peak wouldn't have been possible.

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)