Pet Mod [Gen 8] CFM

Shall we relaunch CFM before or after the release of Gen 9?

• ASAP!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wait until Gen 9

Votes: 15 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh, I forgot to mention yesterday but due to the release of Crown Tundra, the slate will be postponed until next Thursday! Just so that we can have a look at these new goodies first...

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Ok so we figured out the slate here we go

Relicanth (PU)
Target BST: 485-505
Target Tier: PU or NU

Regieleki (New)
Target BST: 600
Target Tier: RU-OU

Regidrago (New)
Target BST: 600
Target Tier: RU-OU
After a poll on our Discord server we've decided the two new Regis would be the first Crown Tundra Pokemon we would tackle. It may seem premature to do them this early on but people have been voicing issue with how these Pokemon are design, notably their extremely one-dimensional movepools and certain other inconsistencies with the original 3 Regis. As such they need more heavy-duty modification than the birds and should receive that attention first. Doing just 2 Pokemon would be kinda barren though so we've decided to toss in Relicanth as it ties back into the whole Regi theme seeing as how it was vital for the original Regi puzzle in RSE as well as being another notoriously weak Pokemon we have yet
to touch.

Pokémon: Relicanth
Typing:
/

Stats (changes highlighted in bold)
: 100 / 110 (+20) / 130 / 45 / 65 / 55 (505 BST)
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Unaware, Rock Head, Primordial Sea, if not reasonable then just keep Sturdy
Moves: +Flip Turn, Slam
How this makes it more interesting:
Not really much you can do with this fishy tbh. All that's doable is buffing up what it can do. Unaware and Primordial Sea are meta references to its age and unchanging nature, the latter could be a funny pick but I understand if it's considered too excessive for a normal Pokemon.

Pokémon: Regieleki
Typing:

Stats (changes highlighted in bold): 80 / 100 / 45 (-5) / 125 (+25) / 50 / 200 (600 BST)
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Motor Drive, Berserk
Moves:
+Discharge, Earthquake, Focus Blast, Flash Cannon, Superpower, Zing Zap
Tweaks to existing moves/abilities:
Thunder Cage: 90 BP, 100% accurate
Far less one-dimensional than the vanilla version now that it has actual coverage and abilities that facilitate the boosted SpA. Berserk in particular is meant to reference this:
"This Pokémon is a cluster of electrical energy. It's said that removing the rings on Regieleki's body will unleash the Pokémon's latent power." -Sword dex entry
The stat changes are designed to give it the same points as CFM OG Regis but re-arranged.

Pokémon: Regidrago
Typing:

: 200 / 125 (+25) / 50 / 100 / 45 (-5) / 80 (600 BST)
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Mold Breaker, Intimidate
Moves:
+Earthquake, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Ice Fang, Poison Fang, Superpower
Dragon Energy: Magic
Similar MO to Regieleki where the changes are in the name of diversifying what it can do. Mold Breaker is a Dragon staple in CFM and Intimidate synergizes somewhat with Dragon Energy by letting it take less damage so that move can apply its full effect.

Last edited:

Regieleki
Typing: Electric
Abilities: Ligntning rod, Transitor
Transitor: Fairy Aura clone
Stats: 80, 110, 50, 110, 50, 200
+Iron head, Flash cannon, Psychic, Zen headbutt
Thunder cage: now an magme storm clone
Tier: OU

Regidrago
Typing: Dragon
Abilities: Intimidate, Dragon maw
Dragon maw: Dark Aura clone
Stats: 200, 110, 50, 110, 50, 80
+Focus blast, Superpower, Stone edge, Dark pulse
Dragon energy: now phys
Tier: UU

Last edited:
At a request from the discord I will leave my Regidrago sub here!

regidrago.png

Tier goal: UU
Stats : 200 / 125 (+25) / 45 (-5) / 100 / 50 / 80 (600 BST)
Abilities : Strong Jaw, Dragon's Maw
Moves: +Ice Fang, Poison Fang, Hyper Fang, Stomping Tantrum, Dragon Hammer, Vice Grip, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Flash Cannon
Move Changes: Dragon Energy: 100 BP, 10 PP; Heals 25% of the user's HP after dealing damage

Reasoning: Stat changes are to line up with the other CFM Regis. I wanted to lean into the "dragon head" motif a lot more, hence Strong Jaw and new biting moves (it also learns Crunch and the other 2 elemental fangs naturally). Stomping Tantrum was given to increase physical coverage that little bit more (and to help deal with a fairy switchin on Hyper Fang). Dragon Hammer was to increase damage for physical Dragon's Maw sets, and Vice Grip is for flavor purposes. Special moves were added due to Regidrago being made of "crystallized energy", which all the moves minus Flamethrower have been stated to be (Flamethrower because most all Dragons get access to it). Dragon Energy's change was to make it more viable and a source of semi-recovery at the same time, while keeping in like with it being an attack that uses Regidrago's life force to attack with

relicanth:
abilities:
swift swim, rock head, mold breaker
stats: 100/105(+15)/130/35(-10)/65/55 (490)
moves: +aqua jet, +superpower, +icicle crash, +flip turn
description: bit more coverage, some utility moves so it's not just clicking head smash every turn. and a bit more power behind its attacks. mold breaker because it fits with how they've managed to defy the test of time and live for so long

regieleki:
abilities:
transistor, volt absorb
stats: 80/100/60/100/60/200 (600)
moves: +flash cannon, +power gem, +flail, +taunt, +u-turn, +foul play, +parabolic charge, thunder cage
thunder cage: 80 bp, 100 accuracy
description: its already got the speed and the power to run teams through. this gives it a bit more bulk and utility options so it can actually make use of thunder cage. the coverage isn't super helpful, but it's fitting

regidrago:
abilities:
dragon maw, pressure
stats: 200/110/50/110/50/80
moves: +flash cannon, +flamethrower, +taunt, +work up, +dragon hammer, dragon energy
dragon energy: 80 bp, power *1.5 while the user is above 50% hp
description: pressure seemed most fitting for a pokemon that practically emanates draconic power. dragon energy i've reworked to be more a more consistent take on its previous effect

Pokémon: Regidarkdrago
Typing:
Max Wyrmwind - Dragon-type

Stats
: 200/100/50/120/50/80
Abilities: Dragon's Maw, Sheer Force
New Moves:
Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Crunch, Ice Fang
Changed Moves: None
Tweaks to existing moves/abilities
: Dragon's Maw - Makes Biting Moves Dragon type and Special
How this makes it more interesting: Because it has actual usable moves now.

Typing:
Max Lightning - Electric-type

: 80/90/50/110/50/200
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Transistor, Vital Spirit
New Moves:
Ice Beam, Grass Knot, Aura Sphere
Changed Moves: Thunder Cage - Electric Clone of Magma Storm
Tweaks to existing moves/abilities: None
How this makes it more interesting: Because you can touch ground types.

:ss/relicanth:
Typing:
Max Geyser - Water-type
Meteor Beam - Rock-type

: 100/45/130/90/85/55
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Regenerator, Pressure, Sturdy
New Moves: None
: None
How this makes it more interesting: It is so CHONKY now. And before someone says it's gonna be a great staller in OU, I'd like to tell you it doesn't get reliable recovery OR toxic.

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Pokémon: Regidarkdrago
Typing:
Max Wyrmwind - Dragon-type

Stats
: 200/100/50/120/50/80
Abilities: Dragon's Maw, Sheer Force
New Moves:
Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Crunch, Ice Fang
: Dragon's Maw - Makes Biting Moves Dragon type and Special
How this makes it more interesting: Because it has actual usable moves now.

Typing:
Max Lightning - Electric-type

: 80/120/30/140/30/200
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Transistor, Vital Spirit
New Moves:
Ice Beam, Grass Knot, Aura Sphere
Changed Moves: Thunder Cage - Electric Clone of Magma Storm
Tweaks to existing moves/abilities: None
How this makes it more interesting: Because you can touch ground types.
Ngl that Regieleki looks absurd. 140 SpA with Transistor and actual coverage?

252 SpA Magnet Transistor Regieleki Thunder Cage vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey in Electric Terrain: 310-366 (43.4 - 51.2%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after trapping damage

252 SpA Magnet Transistor Regieleki Thunder Cage vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 310-366 (90.9 - 107.3%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

I don't like this my friend, pls change

Ngl that Regieleki looks absurd. 140 SpA with Transistor and actual coverage?

252 SpA Magnet Transistor Regieleki Thunder Cage vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey in Electric Terrain: 310-366 (43.4 - 51.2%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after trapping damage

252 SpA Magnet Transistor Regieleki Thunder Cage vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 310-366 (90.9 - 107.3%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

I don't like this my friend, pls change
Your like Hematite but nicer. K, fixed it.
Edit: Why did Hematite like this?

Last edited:

Typing:

Stats (changes highlighted in bold): 80 / 100 / 50 / 100 / 50 / 200
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Transistor / Compound Eyes
New Moves
: Charge, Charge Beam, Discharge, Aura Sphere, Dazzling Gleam, Energy Ball, Focus Blast, Flash Cannon, Superpower, Nasty Plot
Changed Moves: Thunder Cage -
100 BP, 75% acc., 5-8 PP, Traps and damages the target for 4-5 turns. (Magma Storm clone)
Tweaks to existing moves/abilities: Electro Ball -
80 BP, 10-16 PP, 100% acc., uses Spe instead of SpA to make damage calcs.
(works similarly to Body Press with Def, but consider this only if programmable, I've seen how BP is coded and they've made it very very hard-coded lol)
How this makes it more interesting: Well, it has much more raw power and I added a bit of coverage that can help facing various Pokémon.

Typing:

Stats (changes highlighted in bold): 200 / 100 / 50 / 100 / 50 / 80
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Dragon's Maw / Strong Jaw
New Moves
: Dragon Hammer, Dragon Rush, Dual Chop, Curse, Earthquake, Iron Head, Poison Fang, Rock Slide, Stone Edge, Superpower, Swords Dance
Changed Moves: Dragon Energy -
150 BP, 80% acc., 5-8 PP, Has 1/2 recoil. (Head Smash Clone)
Tweaks to existing moves/abilities: none
How this makes it more interesting: Now its signature move, instead of losing power with time, just reduces its time in the battle lol
It can work as a wallbreaker, now that it has more coverage, and boy, why don't these Regis learn Superpower? It was such a signature move of them, so I had to put that back.

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Typing:

Stats (changes highlighted in bold): 80 / 50 / 75 / 150 / 75 / 150
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold)
: Transistor / Compound Eyes
New Moves
: Charge Beam, Discharge, Aura Sphere, Aurora Beam, Dazzling Gleam, Energy Ball, Focus Blast, Flash Cannon, Superpower
Changed Moves: Thunder Cage - 90 BP, the rest is unchanged
Tweaks to existing moves/abilities: Aurora Beam (chance of reducing Atk is now 20%)
How this makes it more interesting: Well, I based the stats of both of them on Registeel's rather than the other two pre-existing golems, this way it is one-sided, but it has much more raw power and I also added a bit of coverage that can help facing various Pokémon.

Typing:

Stats (changes highlighted in bold): 150 / 150 / 75 / 50 / 75 / 80
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Dragon's Maw / Strong Jaw
New Moves
: Dragon Hammer, Iron Head, Poison Fang, Superpower, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Curse
Changed Moves: Dragon Energy -
150 BP, 80% acc., 5-8 PP, Has 1/2 recoil.
Tweaks to existing moves/abilities: none
How this makes it more interesting: Now its signature move, instead of losing power with time, just reduces its time in the battle lol
It can work as a wallbreaker, now that it has more coverage, and boy, why don't these Regis learn Superpower? It was such a signature move of them, so I had to put that back.
Rejecting Regieleki for the same reason I vetoed ChoiceScarfed's initial submission: 150/150 special offense with unnerfed Transistor and actual coverage is just too much IMO. That's vanilla Deo-N special offense but with an actually useful ability and partially STAB BoltBeam as well as Volt Switch for pivoting.

Also unsure about your Regidrago. Once again 150 in an offense with the Dragon's Maw boost makes me nervous, although I don't think it's as immediately absurd as your Regieleki, this one I'd actually be open to appeals if you can provide calcs or whatever proving it has enough counterplay even after the new coverage you've given it.

Last edited:
Rejecting Regieleki for the same reason I vetoed ChoiceScarfed's initial submission: 150/150 special offense with unnerfed Transistor and actual coverage is just too much IMO. That's vanilla Deo-N special offense but with an actually useful ability and partially STAB BoltBeam as well as Volt Switch for pivoting.

Also unsure about your Regidrago. Once again 150 in an offense with the Dragon's Maw boost makes me nervous, although I don't think it's as immediately absurd as your Regieleki, this one I'd actually be open to appeals if you can provide calcs or whatever proving it has enough counterplay even after the new coverage you've given it.
Stats are the original ones now, I realized Registeel's stats are made only to be used on Registeel. I removed Aurora Beam, but added some setup moves to both of them.

Hera

Make a move before they can make an act on you
is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
Tier Goal: NU
Typing: Water/Rock
Stats (changes highlighted in bold): 100 / 105 (+15) / 130 / 45 / 65 / 60 (+5) (505 BST)
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Swift Swim / Rock Head / Sturdy*
Tweaks to existing moves/abilities: Sturdy, only when on Relicanth, adds a special effect called Pressurized where it ignores the ability Pressure and certain other moves.
Moves: +Aqua Jet, Iron Head, Life Dew, Flip Turn

Relicanth is already perfect, at least in the world of Pokemon (having not evolved in 100 million years or anything), so I didn't really take drastic changes here, beyond tweaking Sturdy to add Pressurized, which makes sense flavor-wise since you only find it in deep areas. Increased Attack and Speed let it be a better offensive mon, whether it be Band or Rain Dance, along with a coverage move in Iron Head, priority in Aqua Jet, and a strong utility option in Flip Turn. Defensive sets love Pressurized, ensuring it's never PP stalled and giving it an immunity to many moves, making it harder to abuse. Life Dew gives it a semi-reliable form of recovery, and of course Flip Turn is cool.

Moves that are ignored by Pressurized:
All moves involving weight (Heavy Slam, Heat Crash, Grass Knot, Low Kick)
Body Slam
Stomp
Body Press
Steel Roller
Dragon Hammer
Bind/Wrap (takes initial damage, but is unaffected by trapping damage; still trapped)
Constrict
Possibly more

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Tier Goal: NU
Typing: Water/Rock
Stats (changes highlighted in bold): 100 / 105 (+15) / 130 / 45 / 65 / 60 (+5) (505 BST)
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Swift Swim / Rock Head / Pressurized (ignores the ability Pressure and certain other moves, list below)
Moves: +
Aqua Jet, Iron Head, Life Dew, Flip Turn
Relicanth is already perfect, at least in the world of Pokemon (having not evolved in 100 million years or anything), so I didn't really take drastic changes here, beyond adding a new ability, Pressurized, which makes sense flavor-wise since you only find it in deep areas. Increased Attack and Speed let it be a better offensive mon, whether it be Band or Rain Dance, along with a coverage move in Iron Head, priority in Aqua Jet, and a strong utility option in Flip Turn. Defensive sets love Pressurized, ensuring it's never PP stalled and giving it an immunity to many moves, making it harder to abuse. Life Dew gives it a semi-reliable form of recovery. And of course Flip Turn is cool.

Moves that are ignored by Pressurized:
All moves involving weight (Heavy Slam, Heat Crash, Grass Knot, Low Kick)
Body Slam
Stomp
Body Press
Steel Roller
Dragon Hammer
Bind/Wrap (takes initial damage, but is unaffected by trapping damage; still trapped)
Constrict
Possibly more
Nice sub! Unfortunately we don't allow custom elements, you could however take a fitting pre-existing ability and have it apply the Pressurized effect exclusively when used by Relicanth. This is for teambuilding convenience

Hera

Make a move before they can make an act on you
is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
Nice sub! Unfortunately we don't allow custom elements, you could however take a fitting pre-existing ability and have it apply the Pressurized effect exclusively when used by Relicanth. This is for teambuilding convenience
My sub has been changed to reflect this. Now it gets Sturdy, like it's supposed to, but the Pressurized effect is added onto it.

Your like Hematite but nicer. K, fixed it.
Edit: Why did Hematite like this?
sorry if unnessecary post, but the reason dramps is nicer than hema is due to this being your first time in cfm from what i know. you have been in mfa for at least 5-8 slates, and it is no surprise that hematite is growing tired of you. meanwhile, you just posted here, meaning that u dont have much experience here, but when u stay in cfm for as much time as you have stayed in mfa yung dramps will eventually grow tired of your balancing issues. hematite is really nice, i would say even the nicest person i have met here, and you need to be REALLY infuriating to admit that he isnt being nice to you. i have seen your subs in the gen x pet mod too, and there your subs were as unbalanced as all the other ones you did. at this point, its really hard to believe you arent either a troll or an 8 yr old

sorry if unnessecary post, but the reason dramps is nicer than hema is due to this being your first time in cfm from what i know. you have been in mfa for at least 5-8 slates, and it is no surprise that hematite is growing tired of you. meanwhile, you just posted here, meaning that u dont have much experience here, but when u stay in cfm for as much time as you have stayed in mfa yung dramps will eventually grow tired of your balancing issues. hematite is really nice, i would say even the nicest person i have met here, and you need to be REALLY infuriating to admit that he isnt being nice to you. i have seen your subs in the gen x pet mod too, and there your subs were as unbalanced as all the other ones you did. at this point, its really hard to believe you arent either a troll or an 8 yr old
That was supposed to be a joke, not an insult.

Typing: Dragon
Stats (changes highlighted in bold): 200/120 (+20)/50/100/50/80
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Clear Body / Strong Jaw | Dragon’s Maw (HA)
Moves:
+Block, Earthquake, Giga Impact, Gravity, Headbutt, Heavy Slam, Hyper Beam, Hyper Fang, Ice Fang, Iron Head, Poison Fang, Psychic Fangs, Superpower
Tweaks to existing moves/abilities: Dragon Energy: 120 BP, 10 PP, Physical. User takes 33% recoil.
How this makes it more interesting: Clear Body is consistency with the other Regis, and its arm things resemble a dragon head, so that’s why it gets Strong Jaw and some biting moves. Ofc it still keeps Dragon’s Maw for the same reason. Dragon Energy drawing from life force ties into why it changes from a Water Spout clone to a Double-Edge clone.

Pokemon: Regieleki
Typing: Electric
Stats (changes higlighted in bold):
80/100/50/120 (+20)/50/200
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold):
Clear Body / Volt Absorb | Transistor (HA)
Moves:
Discharge, Charge, Charge Beam, Dazzling Gleam, Energy Ball
With these changes, Regieleki can actually somewhat not be walled by Ground-types. Volt Absorb is mostly there for flavor reasons. (If only Lightning Rod being Scrappy for Electric moves was rational). Dazzling Gleam is there so it can somewhat hit Dragon-types, but the big one is Energy Ball, finally allowing it to not be stonewalled by Ground-types, though it may have some issues with Ground-types or other Electric immunities not weak to Grass, along with its average BP.

Let me know if there are any balance issues that I should account for.

Last edited:
Hello, boys and girls! Sorry for Cancer Fairy's absence, had a busy weekend then got sucked into the election madness (I'm not even American, lol)...

Anyway, the time has come to cast your votes on this week's slate! As with last time, please pick you three favourite submissions and rank them in order! And remember, you can vote for yourself but only as your second or third preference!

I'm a little sick of democracy, but nonetheless let voting begin! We'll carry on until Monday (any votes cast afterwards are ILLEGAL and FRAUDULENT).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)