Pet Mod [Gen 8] CFM

Shall we relaunch CFM before or after the release of Gen 9?

• ASAP!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wait until Gen 9

Votes: 15 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1605679207516.png

Pokémon: Eldegoss
Tier Goal: NU
Typing: Grass/Normal
Stats: 80 / 50 / 100 / 110 / 130 / 60 (520 BST)
Abilities: Cotton Down* / Regenerator / Triage
Moves: +Cotton Guard, Uproar, Calm Mind, Floral Healing, Healing Wish, U-turn
Changes:
Cotton Down: Lowers the opponent's Speed 1 stage upon entry
Floral Healing: Heals the user by 1/4 max HP; Cures the user of status
Summary: Eldegoss takes the extremely rare Grass / Normal typing, shared only with Sawsbuck. It functions as a sort of Comfey analogue, able to support its team with Triage Healing Wish or Aromatherapy, or it can attempt a sweep late game with priority Giga Drain, Cotton Guard, and Floral Healing. The Floral Healing buff is key, allowing Eldegoss to avoid Comfey's bane in status, while also recovering some health. The Normal typing could be considered a downgrade in some respects, however it makes Eldegoss a nice check to the Ghost / Grasses of NU. The Cotton Down buff allows it to switch into teammates that might beat an opponent were it not for an unfortunate speed tier. Not amazing but a nice support option in general. I realize I went outside the BST limit, but I think the normal type necessitated this as it does indeed bring a large drawback in the Fighting weakness

1605679941063.png

Pokémon: Falinks
Tier Goal: RU
Typing: Fighting / Steel
Stats: 75 / 100 / 110 / 70 / 65 / 90 (500 BST)
Abilities: Battle Armor / Skill Link / Defiant
Moves: + Attack Order, Defend Order, Heal Order,* Spike Cannon*, Power Trip
Changes:
Heal Order: Heals the user by 1/4 max HP; Cures the user of status
Spike Cannon: 25 BP, 100% Accuracy, Steel type, Hits 2-5 times
Summary: Falinks gets the buffs needed to make a sweeping set not absolutely terrible. With a new typing and better defenses, it gains many more set up opportunities. STAB Spike Cannon gives it a safe move to spam vs many Fighting resists, and in particular Fairy types. The last slot is up for grabs - Power Trip takes full advantage of No Retreats increases, and hits neutrally most mons that resists Falinks' STABs. Heal Order is also now a Jungle Healing clone, and gives Falinks and adds an additional measure against passive mons attempting to status Falinks. The other Order moves are added for completeness, and make thematic sense as well. Falinks isn't invincible though. It must choose between hitting more offensive mons that resist its STAB combo, or taking advantage of passive walls. Neither of those changed moves are particularly useful before a boost. Lastly, its SpDef isnt particularly good and can still be taken advantage of even through a boost.

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Pokémon: Coalossal
Typing:
/

Stats (changes highlighted in bold): 110 / 80 / 115 (-5) / 80 / 90 / 60 (+30) (535 BST)
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Steam Engine, Flame Body, Anger Point
Steam Engine: Immunity to Fire and Water, +2 Speed when hit by either type
Moves: +Bulk Up, Drain Punch, Lava Plume, Tar Shot
Tar Shot: 80 BP, Special, same secondary effects as original
How this makes it more interesting: Like with many underpowered Alola/Galar mons, the key is to allow it to use its unique traits better. Tar Shot's actually a damn good move for it with gives it Special Rock STAB and in general its versatility is taken to a whole new level with everything from pure Defense to full on set-up sweeping being possible. Flash Fire's redundant with the buffed Steam Engine so Anger Point is its new HA as a reference to how it gets mad when people invade its coal mines according to the Pokedex.

Typing:

Stats (changes highlighted in bold):
65 / 110 (+10) / 100 / 85 (+15) / 60 / 80 (+5) (500 BST)
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Battle Armor, Defiant
Moves: +Aura Sphere, High Horsepower, Hyper Voice, No Retreat, Snarl
No Retreat: +1 Priority, 1 PP
How this makes it more interesting: No Retreat's buff in conjunction with other stuff lets it do that role but actually good. Ofc as with any CFM fighting types I gave it some additions to let it pull off epic funny Special sets

Pokemon: Falinks
Stats: No change
Abilities: Battle Armor, Defiant, Mimicry
New Moves:
Horn Leech, Wild Charge?, Play Rough?
Tweaked Moves/Abilities:
No Retreat: Two turn move. Turn 1: Prevents the user from switching (can still be phased), still vulnerable to all moves. Turn 2: +2 to attack, defense, and speed.

Reasoning: I feel like we all agree Falinks is a very interesting concept competitively. The problem is that it's just not a good pokemon. I think this change does a great job of keeping the identity of Falinks as close as possible to vanilla while being way more useful. I opted to make No Retreat effectively a physical Geomancy (despite the fact Geomancy got changed here) because +1 to its stats still barely makes it a good sweeper. +2 on the otherhand makes it pretty damn good, but having to run power herb (or just being a madman) as well as the fact you can't switch out so you need to fully commit are balancing factors. I deciding the phasing thing was another good balancing factor, because Battle Armor along with solid physical bulk and the defense boosts actually make this pretty damn easy to set up on physical attackers. Yet another balancing factors is leaving extremely it vulnerable to special attacks without a boost to that stat anymore. First two abilities are the same, but Mimicry is there for a fun gimmick that makes sense as Falinks is mimicing a caterpillar. The addition of Horn Leech (it gets a ton of horn moves already) as well as access to Zen Headbutt allow you to potentially make use of mimicry with a STAB move once you change your typing with terrain. Wild Charge and Play Rough are question marked because I don't know how well they fit Falinks, I think it's better to keep its movepool relatively shallow, and two terrain-based STABs are probably good enough.

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!

CFM_logo_Eza_bigger.png

I'm pleased to announce that CFM now has ZU and Little Cup tiers! Although neither tier has sets in CFM Battle Factory yet, both tiers are playable on Nephrite. Let me know what you think about the tierlists too!
1606010115651.png
1606009685641.png
1606009800128.png
1606009849034.png
1606009903554.png
1606009987432.png
1606010033899.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
-Free Zen Mode Darm-G to OU/UU
-Regidrago and Glastrier should drop to at least UU, Articuno-Galar should drop to RU
-Zarude should also drop to at least UU, probably RU
-Centiskorch should drop to RU or maybe even NU
-Charizard should rise to NU
-Non-Shadow Tag Wobbuffet should be dropped to PU
-Mismagius should rise to RU
-Machoke should rise to PU as it's basically Gurdurr now

Those are my suggestions at a glance. They should be all pretty obvious but you can feel to free to argue against them or ask for clarification

Where did the Emergency Revamps slate go?
Wrong mod my guy

-Free Zen Mode Darm-G to OU/UU
-Regidrago and Glastrier should drop to at least UU, Articuno-Galar should drop to RU
-Zarude should also drop to at least UU, probably RU
-Centiskorch should drop to RU or maybe even NU
-Charizard should rise to NU
-Non-Shadow Tag Wobbuffet should be dropped to PU
-Mismagius should rise to RU
-Machoke should rise to PU as it's basically Gurdurr now

Those are my suggestions at a glance. They should be all pretty obvious but you can feel to free to argue against them or ask for clarification

Wrong mod my guy
Not at all, you make some good points, my dude. I'll combine these with other suggestions, if there are any later.

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!

View attachment 293209
I'm pleased to announce that CFM now have ZU and Little Cup tiers! Although neither tier has sets in CFM Battle Factory yet, both tiers are playable on Nephrite. Let me know what you think about the tierlists too!
Wouldn’t it make more sense for Swampert to be in UU?

I think UU Swampert is a good shout, especially with Flip Turn.
I also agree with everything Dramps said, as well as the fact I think we might be able to drop Moltres-Galar (unless we give it Roost) and Rotom-Heat down to UU as well but I'm not sure. (RIP OU eldegoss though)
However, I am pretty concerned with some of the mons we currently have in ZU based on my experience in CFPU, but I think I will just post the list on discord. ZU is definitely nice to have though because of all the trash we can't find a niche in PU for through changes.

Pokemon Name: Battle Kirby :ss/falinks:
Role: No Retreat abuser
Stat Changes: None.
Ability Changes (If Any): No Guard/Defiant
Movepool Changes (If Any):
No Retreat now is a Geomancy clone, charging and then boosting attack, defense, and speed two stages, then trapping the user.
+Power Trip (Cuz +2 0 Atk Falinks Power Trip (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 107-127 (35.1 - 41.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO)
+Dynamic Punch (Now 70 accuracy, 120 BP, 10% chance to lower defense of target)

Last edited:

Coalossal
Stats
: 110 / 95 (+15) / 120 / 90 (+10) / 90 / 30 (BST: 535)
Target tier: NU/RU
Abilities: Steam Engine / Flame Body / Rock Head
Steam Engine:
Takes 50% less damage from Fire and Water-type attacks; if hit by a Fire-type attack, the higher offensive stat is boosted by one stage; if hit by a Water-type attack, its Speed is boosted by two stages
Moves: Inferno (CFM: 120BP/80% accurate; physical; 20% chance to burn), Power-Up Punch, Head Smash, Superpower, Sunny Day, Curse, Hidden Power, Lava Plume, Spikes
Tar Shot: Rock/Special; 90BP/100% accurate; same effect +10% chance to burn the target
Rationale: I just wanted to give it an increase in offensive presence, and make Steam Engine a little more interesting. Its moves should make offensive sets considerably useful, and Tar Shot is one of those useful moves now! I wasn't sure if this thing was supposed to be a physical attacker or special attacker, but I thought I'd give it a great physical boost with PPunch, Curse and Rock Head-abusing dual STABs.

Eldegoss
Stats: 70 (+10) / 50 / 90 / 85 (+5) / 115 (-5) / 70 (+10) (BST: 480)
Target tier: ZU/PU
Abilities: Cotton Down / Chlorophyll / Regenerator
Cotton Down: this ability and this monster's moves ignore Grass-types' immunity to powder-based moves (does not bypass Safety Goggles)
Moves: Hidden Power, Grass Whistle (CFM: Grass/Special; 90BP/100% accurate; 10% chance to sleep), Reflect, Teleport, Extrasensory
Cotton Spore: Grass/Special; 80BP/100% accurate; hits all targets on the field; 30% chance to paralyse
Rationale: Mediocre stats aside, this thing had an extremely underwhelming movepool. As opposed to just pumping stats into it, I thought it would be more fun to only slightly increase its bulk and power while focussing on the latter. With an improved Cotton Down, this mon now has the exclusive niche of being able to hit Grass-types with powder moves! This goes very nicely with a new buffed move in Cotton Spore which acts like a Grass-type Discharge. With additional pivoting in Teleport, and CFM passive levitation, this thing is much more usable as a hazard spinning troll pivot (not quite as effective as Whimsicott still, but it'll do well in the lower tiers I'm sure!).

Falinks
Stats: 75 (+10) / 105 (+5) / 105 (+5) / 70 / 65 (+5) / 80 (+5) (BST: 500)
Target tier: PU/NU
Abilities: Battle Armour / Defiant / Skill Link
Moves: Rock Blast, Bullet Seed, Icicle Spear, Pin Missile, Spike Cannon (CFM: Steel-type), Fury-Attack (CFM: 25BP per hit; changes type to match user's type)
Rationale: while it can still use No Retreat as its endgame gimmick, with a gentle all-round boost to its stats and now access to a bunch of moves with Skill Link, it doesn't need it to be a viable offensive threat!

Time to vote, boys and girls!

As before, please pick and rank your three favourite submissions for each mon! You can pick your own submission, but you cannot rank it in first place. Voting carries on until Monday!

coalossal.gif

Pokemon: Coalossal
BST: 110/90(+10)/110(-10)/105(+25)/90/31(+1) (536)
Abilities: Steam Engine/Solid Rock/Flame Body
New Moves: Work Up, Shore Up, Flash Cannon
Tweaked Moves/Abilities:
Steam Engine: Gives a one-time immunity to Fire/Water, gives +6 speed when absorbing.
Tar Shot: Now a base 80 BP special Rock move, other affects stay

Reasoning: Honestly Coal has a real good movepool already, good attacks to pick from on both sides, two hazards to set, and can remove hazards for you with spin as well! Shame they ended up being held back by pretty mediocre stats, a bad type, and mediocre gimmick signatures. I wanted to lean into that "versatile rock" role, with more emphasis on being one of the rarer special based Rock type pokemon. Stats were rearranged to buff Coal's offenses more, with the +1 base speed allowing you to outspeed max speed base 60s at -1 with max speed Adamant/Modest, alongside outpacing scarfed base 145s after a Steam Engine boost. Flash Fire seems kinda obsolete with the changed Steam Engine, and Solid Rock seems fitting for a mon composed of almost entirely coal. Work Up gives a nice extra punch on offensive sets (potentially even mixed shenanigans!), Shore Up gives reliable recovery that fits the "rock creature who can rebuild itself" thing (and to give more survivability on defensive sets), Flash Cannon gives that tiny bit of extra coverage to help smack Fairies with on special sets. Steam Engine and Tar Shot needed a buff of some kind, and I wanted to keep the gimmick of both as well, as they're neat gimmicks! Steam Engine would be BONKERS with a permanent immunity to both types and the +6 speed, but a one time immunity can give you that one safe switch to massively threaten the opposition. Tar Shot seems like it'd be an attacking move, as getting tar launched on you can't feel good can it? It should've done damage in the first place.
Coalossal
Stats: 95(-15)/100(+20)/120/90(+10)/90/30 (BST:525)
Typing: Rock (more on that later)
Abilities: Steam Engine, Flash Fire, Magma Armor (HA)
Movepool Tweaks: -Solar Beam, +Rollout (from Rolycoly), +Steam Eruption
Move/Ability Tweaks: Tar Shot is now a 50 BP, 90 accuracy, 15 PP (max 24) special Rock move that also has a 20% chance to lower the foe's accuracy by one stage, on top of its normal effect.
Steam Engine now grants a one-time immunity to any Fire-type or Water-type move, adding anywhere from +1 to +6 speed depending on that move's BP:
40 or less:+1
41-60:+2
61-80:+3
81-110:+4
111-140:+5
141+:+6
Additionally, it also adds the Fire-type or Water-type to Coalossal for the rest of the battle.
Reasoning: Sorry for editing my post so late, I didn't think of this until now. Coalossal is now a largely physical attacker, but special sets are also a possibility due to its workable 90 base Sp. Attack and new options in Steam Eruption and the reworked Tar Shot. I had trouble deciding on its movepool, as it's one of the few Pokémon that learn everything you expect it to learn.
Pokémon: Coalossal
Typing:
/

Stats (changes highlighted in bold): 110 / 80 / 115 (-5) / 80 / 90 / 60 (+30) (535 BST)
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Steam Engine, Flame Body, Anger Point
Steam Engine: Immunity to Fire and Water, +2 Speed when hit by either type
Moves: +Bulk Up, Drain Punch, Lava Plume, Tar Shot
Tar Shot: 80 BP, Special, same secondary effects as original
How this makes it more interesting: Like with many underpowered Alola/Galar mons, the key is to allow it to use its unique traits better. Tar Shot's actually a damn good move for it with gives it Special Rock STAB and in general its versatility is taken to a whole new level with everything from pure Defense to full on set-up sweeping being possible. Flash Fire's redundant with the buffed Steam Engine so Anger Point is its new HA as a reference to how it gets mad when people invade its coal mines according to the Pokedex.
Coalossal
Stats
: 110 / 95 (+15) / 120 / 90 (+10) / 90 / 30 (BST: 535)
Target tier: NU/RU
Abilities: Steam Engine / Flame Body / Rock Head
Steam Engine:
Takes 50% less damage from Fire and Water-type attacks; if hit by a Fire-type attack, the higher offensive stat is boosted by one stage; if hit by a Water-type attack, its Speed is boosted by two stages
Moves: Inferno (CFM: 120BP/80% accurate; physical; 20% chance to burn), Power-Up Punch, Head Smash, Superpower, Sunny Day, Curse, Hidden Power, Lava Plume, Spikes
Tar Shot: Rock/Special; 90BP/100% accurate; same effect +10% chance to burn the target
Rationale: I just wanted to give it an increase in offensive presence, and make Steam Engine a little more interesting. Its moves should make offensive sets considerably useful, and Tar Shot is one of those useful moves now! I wasn't sure if this thing was supposed to be a physical attacker or special attacker, but I thought I'd give it a great physical boost with PPunch, Curse and Rock Head-abusing dual STABs.

Eldegoss
Stats: 70(+10)/40(-10)/110(+20)/90(+10)/110(-10)/60 (BST:490)
Abilities: Leaf Guard/Natural Cure/Cotton Down (HA)
Movepool Tweaks: +Psychic, +Disarming Voice, +Recover
Move Or Ability Tweaks:
Cotton Spore: When used, applies "Allergic" status to the opposing Pokemon. This persists even when switching out. If a Pokemon with the Allergic status is hit with a move that makes contact, they will take damage equivalent to that of a 50 BP special Poison-type move. If the Pokemon that used Cotton Spore has Technician, it will be boosted. They will then be cured of the status.
Pollen Puff: Same as before, but also applies Allergic status, even if they are an ally. Be careful!
Cotton Down: When a Pokemon makes contact with this Pokemon, they will obtain the Allergic status.

Reasoning: i've posted here as holy_shiinotic but i lost the password to that account rip
It actually has coverage now! Very limited coverage, sure, but it's there! I also decided I wanted to do something with pollen. And what do you think of when you think of pollen? Allergies! I also gave it Disarming Voice because it gets things like Hyper Voice and Sing. It has spectacular 70/110/110 bulk as well, so it still has a defensive niche.
Typing: Grass/Fairy
Stats (changes highlighted in bold)
: 80 (+20) / 40 (-10) / 120 (+20) / 80 / 120 / 60 (500 BST)
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Cotton Down* / Regenerator / Chlorophyll
Moves:
+Cotton Guard, Spore, Moonblast, Draining Kiss, Calm Mind, Dazzling Gleam, Play Rough
Tweaks to existing moves/abilities: Cotton Down works differently. Eldegoss' cotton now protects it from one attack or a single status effect, such as poison or burn. If Eldegoss is already immune to said move, the cotton will not disperse. If the cotton successfully blocks a move, all effects that would be applied are nulled (e.g Nuzzle will never paralyze and Trop Kick will not drop defense), but only if they were to affect Eldegoss. Multi-hit moves ignore the cotton. After the cotton is dispersed, it will regenerate itself and will reappear at the beginning of Turn 3 after it dispersed. Turns are not counted if Eldegoss is not active. Speed drop still applies.

How this makes it more interesting: Edelgard Eldegoss needed a major overhaul in my opinion, as there was so much wasted potential here. For starters, I gave it the Grass/Fairy typing it always deserved and upped its bulk to better fulfil the defensive Grass role. Although CFM already has a defensive Grass/Fairy (Florges), Eldegoss separates itself by having better mixed bulk, two moves that can boost its defenses, and the all-important Spore. Cotton Down's buff finally gives it a reason to be used over Regenerator, and I even put in Chlorophyll for Sun teams so it can use its unique offensive typing and Growth to plow through teams. Not the best thing ever, but Eldegoss doesn't have to be.
Tier Goal: NU
Typing: Grass/Normal
Stats: 80 / 50 / 100 / 110 / 130 / 60 (520 BST)
Abilities: Cotton Down* / Regenerator / Triage
Moves: +Cotton Guard, Uproar, Calm Mind, Floral Healing, Healing Wish, U-turn
Changes:
Cotton Down: Lowers the opponent's Speed 1 stage upon entry
Floral Healing: Heals the user by 1/4 max HP; Cures the user of status
Summary: Eldegoss takes the extremely rare Grass / Normal typing, shared only with Sawsbuck. It functions as a sort of Comfey analogue, able to support its team with Triage Healing Wish or Aromatherapy, or it can attempt a sweep late game with priority Giga Drain, Cotton Guard, and Floral Healing. The Floral Healing buff is key, allowing Eldegoss to avoid Comfey's bane in status, while also recovering some health. The Normal typing could be considered a downgrade in some respects, however it makes Eldegoss a nice check to the Ghost / Grasses of NU. The Cotton Down buff allows it to switch into teammates that might beat an opponent were it not for an unfortunate speed tier. Not amazing but a nice support option in general. I realize I went outside the BST limit, but I think the normal type necessitated this as it does indeed bring a large drawback in the Fighting weakness
Eldegoss
Stats
: 70 (+10) / 50 / 90 / 85 (+5) / 115 (-5) / 70 (+10) (BST: 480)
Target tier: ZU/PU
Abilities: Cotton Down / Chlorophyll / Regenerator
Cotton Down: this ability and this monster's moves ignore Grass-types' immunity to powder-based moves (does not bypass Safety Goggles)
Moves: Hidden Power, Grass Whistle (CFM: Grass/Special; 90BP/100% accurate; 10% chance to sleep), Reflect, Teleport, Extrasensory
Cotton Spore: Grass/Special; 80BP/100% accurate; hits all targets on the field; 30% chance to paralyse
Rationale: Mediocre stats aside, this thing had an extremely underwhelming movepool. As opposed to just pumping stats into it, I thought it would be more fun to only slightly increase its bulk and power while focussing on the latter. With an improved Cotton Down, this mon now has the exclusive niche of being able to hit Grass-types with powder moves! This goes very nicely with a new buffed move in Cotton Spore which acts like a Grass-type Discharge. With additional pivoting in Teleport, and CFM passive levitation, this thing is much more usable as a hazard spinning troll pivot (not quite as effective as Whimsicott still, but it'll do well in the lower tiers I'm sure!).

Typing: Fighting / Rock
Stats (changes highlighted in bold)
: 65 / 115 (+15) / 100 / 70 / 60 / 90 (+15) (500 BST)
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Battle Armor / Rock Head / Defiant
Moves: +Head Smash
Tweaks to existing moves/abilities: No Retreat now does not allow switching out, even with Shed Shell. Automatically activates on switch in if Falinks is the last Pokemon on a team, and if so makes attack +6; other stats are left unbuffed. Also only has 1 PP.

How this makes it more interesting: Not a lot to do here. Made it Rock type because it makes sense (it's in the Mineral egg group for crying out loud), added Rock Head because Banded Head Smash is funny, increased speed so +1 actually hits important benchmarks, and increased stats so it's not underwhelming. Maybe the No Retreat thing when it's the last mon is a bit overkill and could be nerfed, but otherwise I think this is good.
Typing: Fighting / Steel
Stats: 75 / 100 / 110 / 70 / 65 / 90 (500 BST)
Abilities: Battle Armor / Skill Link / Defiant
Moves: + Attack Order, Defend Order, Heal Order,* Spike Cannon*, Power Trip
Changes:
Heal Order: Heals the user by 1/4 max HP; Cures the user of status
Spike Cannon: 25 BP, 100% Accuracy, Steel type, Hits 2-5 times
Summary: Falinks gets the buffs needed to make a sweeping set not absolutely terrible. With a new typing and better defenses, it gains many more set up opportunities. STAB Spike Cannon gives it a safe move to spam vs many Fighting resists, and in particular Fairy types. The last slot is up for grabs - Power Trip takes full advantage of No Retreats increases, and hits neutrally most mons that resists Falinks' STABs. Heal Order is also now a Jungle Healing clone, and gives Falinks and adds an additional measure against passive mons attempting to status Falinks. The other Order moves are added for completeness, and make thematic sense as well. Falinks isn't invincible though. It must choose between hitting more offensive mons that resist its STAB combo, or taking advantage of passive walls. Neither of those changed moves are particularly useful before a boost. Lastly, its SpDef isnt particularly good and can still be taken advantage of even through a boost.
Typing:

Stats (changes highlighted in bold):
65 / 110 (+10) / 100 / 85 (+15) / 60 / 80 (+5) (500 BST)
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Battle Armor, Defiant
Moves: +Aura Sphere, High Horsepower, Hyper Voice, No Retreat, Snarl
No Retreat: +1 Priority, 1 PP
How this makes it more interesting: No Retreat's buff in conjunction with other stuff lets it do that role but actually good. Ofc as with any CFM fighting types I gave it some additions to let it pull off epic funny Special sets
Pokemon: Falinks
Stats: No change
Abilities: Battle Armor, Defiant, Mimicry
New Moves:
Horn Leech, Wild Charge?, Play Rough?
Tweaked Moves/Abilities:
No Retreat: Two turn move. Turn 1: Prevents the user from switching (can still be phased), still vulnerable to all moves. Turn 2: +2 to attack, defense, and speed.

Reasoning: I feel like we all agree Falinks is a very interesting concept competitively. The problem is that it's just not a good pokemon. I think this change does a great job of keeping the identity of Falinks as close as possible to vanilla while being way more useful. I opted to make No Retreat effectively a physical Geomancy (despite the fact Geomancy got changed here) because +1 to its stats still barely makes it a good sweeper. +2 on the otherhand makes it pretty damn good, but having to run power herb (or just being a madman) as well as the fact you can't switch out so you need to fully commit are balancing factors. I deciding the phasing thing was another good balancing factor, because Battle Armor along with solid physical bulk and the defense boosts actually make this pretty damn easy to set up on physical attackers. Yet another balancing factors is leaving extremely it vulnerable to special attacks without a boost to that stat anymore. First two abilities are the same, but Mimicry is there for a fun gimmick that makes sense as Falinks is mimicing a caterpillar. The addition of Horn Leech (it gets a ton of horn moves already) as well as access to Zen Headbutt allow you to potentially make use of mimicry with a STAB move once you change your typing with terrain. Wild Charge and Play Rough are question marked because I don't know how well they fit Falinks, I think it's better to keep its movepool relatively shallow, and two terrain-based STABs are probably good enough.
Pokemon Name: Battle Kirby :ss/falinks:
Role: No Retreat abuser
Stat Changes: None.
Ability Changes (If Any): No Guard/Defiant
Movepool Changes (If Any):
No Retreat now is a Geomancy clone, charging and then boosting attack, defense, and speed two stages, then trapping the user.
+Power Trip (Cuz +2 0 Atk Falinks Power Trip (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 107-127 (35.1 - 41.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO)
+Dynamic Punch (Now 70 accuracy, 120 BP, 10% chance to lower defense of target)
Falinks
Stats
: 75 (+10) / 105 (+5) / 105 (+5) / 70 / 65 (+5) / 80 (+5) (BST: 500)
Target tier: PU/NU
Abilities: Battle Armour / Defiant / Skill Link
Moves: Rock Blast, Bullet Seed, Icicle Spear, Pin Missile, Spike Cannon (CFM: Steel-type), Fury-Attack (CFM: 25BP per hit; changes type to match user's type)
Rationale: while it can still use No Retreat as its endgame gimmick, with a gentle all-round boost to its stats and now access to a bunch of moves with Skill Link, it doesn't need it to be a viable offensive threat!

Last edited:
Coalossal: a_galvantula, Cancer Fairy, Yung Dramps
Eldegoss: woworiginal, Cancer Fairy, koista12
Falinks: LorisMasta17, koista12, Heracross2.0 (minus that last mon No Retreat effect)

Thanks for your submissions, guys!

Last edited:
Coalossal: yung dramps/a_galvantula/Cancer Fairy
Eldegoss: koista12/Cancer Fairy/Heracross2.0
Falinks: koista12/Cancer Fairy/Heracross2.0 (I suggest changing the no retreat if hera's sub wins FWIW)

I understand voting this time!

ChoiceScarfed's Falinks isn't listed with the others btw
Coalossal: a_galvantula, Yung Dramps, thechurchofcage
Eldegoss: thechurchofcage, woworiginal, Heracross2.0
Falinks: koista12, LorisMasta17, thechurchofcage

Anyway, while we're voting, what do you guys think of the slating process we've developed thus far? Does it work fine? Is three mons enough? Do we have too many slates? Or too few?

And of course, what would you like to see in the next one? ^_^

I think for the level of participation we have now, 3 mon slates at the current rate is fine. Any slower and people start forgetting the thread exists, any faster and people who get busy dont have a chance to participate.

Im thinking Duraludon, Grimmsnarl, and Hatterene for the next slate. They're pretty cool looking Gen 8 mons that seem like they should be really powerful, and then fail flat on their faces in competitive (mainly due to stats imo).

Hey, random question, but Cancer Fairy's asking because Cancer Fairy's stretched for time these days. There are a few big things to do in order to really get CFM running:

・New website (70% done)
・Custom server with teambuilder showing CFM changes (no idea how to do)
・Modified bot that actually understands CFM mechanics

In the meantime, I'm also working on a CFM romhack that's based on C. So, I suppose I'm reaching out for a little assistance guys: if anyone here has experience in Node, Javascript and/or web design and is interested in helping out, please let me know! Thanks very much!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)