Pet Mod [Gen 8] CFM

Shall we relaunch CFM before or after the release of Gen 9?

• ASAP!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wait until Gen 9

Votes: 15 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Pokémon: Furfrou
Typing:

Stats (changes highlighted in bold):
80 (+5) / 95 (+15) / 60 / 65 / 90 / 105 (+3) (495 BST)
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Fur Coat
Moves: +Crunch, Quick Attack, Super Fang, Wish
How this makes it more interesting: More offensive support-based with tools like Super Fang, Wish and Thunder Wave to be distinct from Persian-Alola
Will probably add an Oranguru sub eventually

Apologies again, boys and girls, due to work commitments Cancer Fairy has been very busy these past few weeks, and will be for the next few to come. Normal service will be resumed then, promise ^_^

Anyway, what do people think of having a proper tournament with a new, actually functioning site, at long last?

Last edited:
Also, BIG NEWS! Although it's still a little clunky, and I haven't been able to get navigation working (so no other pages bar the main list of mons), but the new site is LIVE!

Check it out here and let me know your thoughts!

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Ok we're gonna try yet again, this time with a whole new slate hopefully featuring mons people actually care about

Pokemon: Mega Sceptile
Target BST: 630
Target Tier: UU

Pokemon: Flapple
Target BST: 485-505
Target Tier: NU-RU

Pokemon: Appletun
Target BST: 485-505
Target Tier: ZU-PU

Mediocre to bad dragons, who all happen to be of the Grass variety!​

:ss/appletun: :ss/appletun: :ss/appletun: :ss/appletun: :ss/appletun: :ss/appletun: :ss/appletun: :ss/appletun: :ss/appletun: :ss/appletun: :ss/appletun:
Oh yeah, it's time for the Appletun Rant to come to Fruitition
Pokémon: Appletun
Typing:
Grass
Dragon

Stats (changes highlighted in bold)
: 110/80/85/110/90/20
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold)
: Regenerator, Ripen, Thick Fat
Moves: Leaf Storm, Aromatherapy
Tweaks to existing moves/abilities: Apple Acid: 85 BP, restores 1/4 health done.
How this makes it more interesting: Seriously, why does this thing not get Aromatherapy? Leaf storm is kinda more understandable, but still outrageous.

Time for flapple... My less favorite Apple cousin.
Pokémon: Flapple
Typing:
Grass
Dragon

: 80/110/90/85/20/110
Abilities: Chlorophyll, Gluttony, Hustle
Moves: Solar Blade
Tweaks to existing moves/abilities: Grav Apple: 85 BP, Has 1.5 power if the last move used was Grav Apple, doesn't stack.
How this makes it more interesting: Flapple is a combination of Whitney's Miltank, Venasaur, and Kartana. A powerful sun sweeper that has potential to snowball slightly.

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
:ss/appletun: :ss/appletun: :ss/appletun: :ss/appletun: :ss/appletun: :ss/appletun: :ss/appletun: :ss/appletun: :ss/appletun: :ss/appletun: :ss/appletun:
Oh yeah, it's time for the Appletun Rant to come to Fruitition
Typing:
Grass
Dragon

: 110/83/85/110/90/20
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold)
: Regenerator, Ripen, Thick Fat
Moves: Appletun's movepool is fine.
Tweaks to existing moves/abilities: Apple Acid: 85 BP.
How this makes it more interesting: I have a few problems with Appletun in the slate. A) This beast is pretty good in OU, and you want us to make it bound to PU??? It was Natdex UU Pre-DLC2!!! 2) Also, you want us to nerf its BST??? Uh, NO. Appletun is just fine with its 508 BST. I understand that this slate was kinda my idea, but to be fair, I don't think we should be nerfing pokemon that aren't broken. Like if you were nerfing Spectrier or something, that would be fine. But a mon thats in PU (and deserves to be in OU)??? Seriously??? Anyways, I would like to present OU appletun.

Also, if I sound rude, sorry. Appletun deserves better, that's all.
Appletun literally hasnt been even remotely viable in OU since the pre-DLC Dracovish meta my guy. Also Appletun doesn't have 508 BST, its vanilla BST is 485

other than the sub's fine

Appletun literally hasnt been even remotely viable in OU since the pre-DLC Dracovish meta my guy. Also Appletun doesn't have 508 BST, its vanilla BST is 485

other than the sub's fine
Sorry. Was looking at EVs left. Anyways, about viability, Appletun is pretty viable if you exclude chomp and dragonite.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Pokémon: Mega Sceptile
Typing:
/

Stats (changes highlighted in bold): 70 / 130 (+20) / 75 / 125 (-20) / 85 / 145 (630 BST)
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Super Luck
Moves:
+Cross Chop, Draco Meteor
How this makes it more interesting: Wowee it can actually use Leaf Blade that's really neat and cool I like that

Typing:
/

Stats (changes highlighted in bold): 75 (+5) / 110 / 85 (+5) / 85 (-10) / 65 (+5) / 75 (+5) (490 BST)
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Ripen, Aroma Veil, Hustle
Moves: +Aerial Ace, Leaf Storm, Scale Shot, Superpower
Tweaks to existing moves/abilities:
Ripen: Now works with Leftovers
How this makes it more interesting: Ayo, let's get some actual moves up in this motherfucker. I gave it Aroma Veil because Gluttony's kinda stupid on an apple mon (what does it eat itself?), instead choosing Aroma Veil as the flavor ability since its dex mentions its gmax having the strong aroma of nectar

Typing:
/

Stats (changes highlighted in bold): 110 / 85 / 85 (+5) / 100 / 85 (+5) / 30 (495 BST)
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Ripen, Gooey, Thick Fat
Moves: +Acid, Calm Mind, Flamethrower, Leaf Storm
Tweaks to existing moves/abilities: Ripen buff shown up above
How this makes it more interesting: Again, more options. Gooey is a corresponding flavor change referencing its gooey nectar mentioned in dex entries

Last edited:
:ss/appletun:
Typing: Grass/Fairy
Stats (changes highlighted in bold): 110/100(+15)/80/100/80/35(+5) (505 BST)
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Ripen/Sweet Veil/Thick Fat (hidden)
Moves: -Draco Meteor, -Outrage, +Leaf Storm, +Dazzling Gleam, +Play Rough
Tweaks to existing moves/abilities: None
How this makes it more interesting:
How to run this Appletun:
Ingredients:
1 Appletun
1 or more Trick Room setter(s)
1 or 2 powerful STAB moves
Recover
A Berry (if you are not using Ripen, skip this step)
1 or more Steel-type teammate(s)
Any other moves you see fit
Complementary EVs
Recipe
1. In the teambuilder, set the format to CFM (whatever this sub ends up in if it wins).
2. Get your Appletun.
3. Add the STAB move(s), Recover, and anything else you would like.
4. Put in your Berry. Sitrus Berries work well, though you could use a stat-boosting Berry if you would like. (If you are not using Ripen, skip this step.)
5. Sprinkle your preferred EVs into the mix.
6. Add your Steel-type Pokemon and Trick Room setter into the mixture. After that, put the other members in, and mix well.
7. Enjoy however many fun battles you get out of this.

I had way too much fun writing that. Anyway, this Appletun is meant to be a mixed attacker with decent defenses that works best in Trick Room.

:ss/flapple:
Typing: Grass/Dragon
Stats (changes highlighted in bold): 60(-10/110/60(-20)/110(+15)/60/105(+35)
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Ripen/Reckless/Hustle (hidden)
Moves: -Acid Spray, -Protect
Tweaks to existing moves/abilities: Outrage: 120 BP, 100% accuracy, 10 PP (16 max). 33% recoil. If no damage was done to the target, the user becomes confused instead of receiving recoil.
How to run this Flapple:
Ingredients:
1 Flapple
2 STAB moves+coverage
A teammate that can protect Flapple from Ice and Fairy-types. Steel-types recommended.
Any item you would like
Complementary EVs
Recipe
1. Go to the teambuilder and select the corresponding tier.
2. Add your Flapple.
3. Pick a set of your liking.
4. Add teammates that can support Flapple and neutralize the damage it's going to be taking.
5. Finish those members' sets. Add to the mixture and stir until smooth.
6. Enjoy your team!

This Flapple was created to be a mixed attacker, like Appletun, but as a glass cannon instead of a Trick Room abuser. It can use the changed Outrage in one of two ways-more recoil but(hopefully)less confusion with Reckless, and less recoil but more confusion with Hustle. Both have their drawbacks, but unless you're using Ripen(for some reason) you'll have to pick the one that won't complicate what you're trying to do as much.

Sceptile-Mega :sceptile-mega:
:sm/sceptile-mega:
Typing:
Grass-type
Dragon-type

:
70/130 (+20)/70 (-5)/145/70 (-15)/145
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Regenerator
Moves: +U-turn, +Draco Meteor, +Close Combat
Tweaks to existing moves/abilities
:
This turns Sceptile into a powerful, but frail, fast mixed pivot that can make use of its excellent physical coverage and utility options in tandem with its immensely strong special STABs to pack a punch. Regenerator facilitates this, letting Sceptile shake off hazard and chip damage with speedy U-turns to make progress.

Last edited:
1612166287596.png
Typing: Grass/Dragon
Stats (changes highlighted in bold): 115 (+5) / 70 (-15) / 80 / 100 / 90 (+10) / 50 (+20) (505 BST)
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Ripen, Gluttony, Thick Fat
Moves: +Acid, Aromatherapy, Camouflage, Flamethrower, Dragon Rage, Dragon Tail, Glare, Grass Whistle, Growth
How this makes it more interesting: A Grass type with Thick Fat actually resisting Fire-type moves was a promising concept, but Appletun wasn't good as it would have liked, mostly because was a doormat for Fairy and Steel types. The new moves help it fight back against those (Acid, which in CFM hits Steel-types super-effectively, and Flamethrower) or give it more options to support its team (Glare, coming from its possible inspiration to the biblical serpent, Aromatherapy, Dragon Tail and Grass Whistle, another move buffed in CFM). Stats were adjusted by pulling from its Attack, mostly in Speed to actually outspeed stuff after using Glare.

Flapple coming soon.

All right, Cancer Fairy hasn't made a submission in a while :P Let's try another set

Mega Sceptile
Typing:
Grass/Dragon
Stats: 70 / 115 (+5) / 75 / 135 (-10) / 85 / 150 (+5) (BST: 630)
Abilities: Solar Power (CFM effect: boosts the higher offensive stat; user only takes damage if they actually attack using the higher stat)
Moves: +Leafage (CFM: +1 Priority), Growth, Psycho Cut, Cross Chop, -Grassy Glide
Rationale: I've always found Mega Sceptile to be a rather underwhelming offensive mon due to its combination of poor bulk, lack of power on the physical side and lack of boosting moves on the special side. However, that now changes with Solar Power Sceptile! I have to be honest and say this is a slightly arbitrary choice. Its dex entries are much more suggestive of Tough Claws, but such an ability would be useless for special mons. Since Solar Power can boost either Atk or Sp. Atk in CFM, that seemed to be the best ability to make it hit hard on both sides of the spectrum. With its decent and slightly better movepool (still has Hidden Power Fire), boosting option in Growth and speed bump, this thing looks to be a serious offensive behemoth in the sunlight! Given that it might be absolutely unstoppable in terrain with Grassy Glide, I thought I'd better remove that.

Unfortunately, I couldn't think of anything that interesting for the apple duo...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)