Pet Mod [Gen 8] Double Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, Double Trouble is now back from its hiatus. I'm going to make some adjustments to the rules. First, everyone is now allowed to have up to three Pokemon instead of two in their submissions! Secondly, I noticed some of the winning submissions are pretty weak, so I will enforce quality control for now on (or in case of Follow Me Shedinja). Those will be kept, though if you post submission featuring the winning Pokemon then I will allow it and if they win I will override them.

Also:

:noivern:
Pokemon: Noivern
Stats: 85/70/80/107 (+10)/ 80/ 123 Overall: 545 (+30)
New Moves: Revelation Dance, Fire Blast, Mystical Fire, Icy Wind
I realized Revelation Dance isn't in the game at all, haha. I will replace it with Tri-Attack then.

Slate 16: Ice- and Water-type :lapras:
In this slate, you're allowing to do both Ice- and Water-type Pokemon all at the same time since I feel like these two slate are pretty weak. Not much else to say, though the DLC 1 did bring several Pokemon back to the scene. Also, keep in mind that Dynamax is now banned. And you do not need to replace any of their ability for a new one.

The submission slate will end on 29th August, Saturday.

:lapras:
Pokemon: Lapras
Stats: 130/85/80/105 (+20)/95/60 (Overall: 555)
New Moves: Shell Smash, Muddy Water
New Ability: Volt Absorb
Overview: Losing its Gigantamax forme is a huge deal, so I overhaul Lapras into a Shell Smash sweeper. What could possibly go wrong?

:weavile:
Pokemon: Weavile
New Moves: Close Combat, Zen Headbutt
New Ability: Tough Claws
Overview: I gave Weavile an offensive ability that suits it in an attempt to encourage its usage in Doubles. Taking a STAB Tough Claw boosted Triple Axel is terrifying, but thankfully it's remedied by still being prone to be revenge-killed does make that balanced.

:azumarill:
Pokemon: Azumarill
New Moves: Flip Turn
Overview: It gets Flip Turn. That's it. I want to see if getting Flip Turn alone would turn its Choice Band set to a more viable option than Belly Drum.

:Keldeo:
Pokemon: Keldeo
New moves: Fake Out, Calm Mind
Stats: 90 (-1) / 75 (+3) / 80 (-10) / 135 (+6) / 80 (-10) / 120 (+12) (BST: 580)
Overview: It seems a bit odd how Keldeo is only DUU. Muddy Water should deliver high damage, while Fake Out should give it at least some niche. And then there’s still Calm Mind. I gave it what I thought would make it stronger while still keeping it within a reasonable BST.

:blastoise:
Pokemon: Blastoise
Stats: 90 (+11) / 60 (-23) / 125 (+25) / 65 (-20) / 125 (+20) / 75 (-3) (BST: 530)
New moves: Thunder Wave
New ability: Prankster
Overview: You can almost imagine a mischievous, heavily armored turtle. No? Just me? Oh well. This stat spread makes Blastoise even better for its supporting role in Doubles, allowing it to sponge hits with its signature Follow Me set, while also allowing it prioritized Toxics and Thunder Waves.

Last edited:
Congratulation to かたわれ時 for winning this slate and making Blastoise more broken! His submission will be featured. Onto the next slate.

:scizor: Slate 17: Ghost- and Bug-Type :dragapult:
In this slate, you are allowed to do both Ghost- and Bug-type. What do these two have in common? Some find them creepy, I guess. The deadline for the submission slate is 5th September, Saturday. So good luck!

Forbade for this slate:
Shedinja
Volcarona

:aegislash:
Pokemon: Aegislash
Stats: 60/50/50/150 (+10)/50/ 150 (+10)/60 Overall: 525 (+20)
New Moves: Poltergeist, Body Press
Overview: >:(

:heracross:
Pokemon: Heracross
Stats: 85/125/85 (+10)/40/95/95 (+10) Overall: 520 (+20)
New Moves: U-turn, First Impression, Circle Throw, Body Press, Stealth Rock, Poison Jab, Gunk Shot, Horn Leech
New Ability: Inner Focus
Overview: With its newly gained STAB U-turn and Inner Focus, these allow Heracross functions better as a Choice Band (or Scarf) attacker with the added benefit of being unaffected by Intimidate and Fake Out, boasting powerful coverage options such as Close Combat, High Horsepower, Knock Off, and Rock Slide and easily pivoting out with U-turn. Alternatively, you could try a more defensive Iron Defense+Body Press to either set Stealth Rock up or phazing foes out with Circle Throw (I mean you technically could do both, but it does mean it has to give up Protect). The only problem is it's facing fierce competition with Urshifu-Rapid Strike.

:cursola:
Pokemon: Cursola
Stats: 70 (+10)/95/ 75 (+25)/145/130/30 Overall: 545 (+35)
New Moves: Trick Room
New Ability: Sheer Force
Overview: While Cursola has decent coverage options, it's held back by its abysmal defense too much. Therefore, I decided to buff its defense to an acceptable level. The biggest change of them all is the inclusion of Trick Room, allowing Cursola to functions as both as a TR setter and a TR attacker that's not Psychic-type with its newly gained Sheer Force ability boosting the power its STAB Shadow Ball, Earth Power, and Ice Beam, these are going to hurt with its amazing 145 Special Attack stat.

Hi I'm Back
Pokémon: Marowak-Alola
Stats: 75/85/115/50/90/40
New Moves: Body Press
New Ability: Analytic
Overview: Trading 5 Speed for slightly more bulk. Also gains Analytic. With decent support this pokemon is amazing.

Pokémon: Araquanid
Stats: 68/80/92/80/132/42
New Moves: Trick Room, Helping Hand, Coaching, Defog, Flip Turn
Overview: With more support moves, Araquanid can be an amazing support pokémon.

Pokémon: Dhelmise
Stats: 80/151/113/66/90/50
New Moves: Trick Room
Overview: 151 Attack hits like a truck.

Now to create a broken Grass-type to counter Blastoise XD

:Centiskorch:
Pokemon: Centiskorch
Stats: 110 (+10) / 130 (+15) / 70 (+5) / 60 (-20) / 65 (-15) / 90 (+15) (BST: 540)
Overview: Good moves, immunity to Fire, and relatively high bulk. Also 130 Attack ain’t bad, but it’s Speed is lacking in a very fast-paced metagame.

:Decidueye:
Pokemon: Decidueye
Stats: 80 (+2) / 140 (+33) / 70 (-5) / 70 (-30) / 70 (-30) / 100 (+30) (BST: 530)
New moves: Power Whip, Knock Off
Overview: Somewhat brokenness. 140 Attack with Power Whip powers through Blastoise like a Snorlax in a grocery aisle. Nerfed it a bit with medium speed and a lack of priority, as well as glassy Defense.
Ideal counter to Blastoise due to high Attack, SE STAB high BP move and Blastoise not having Will-O-Wisp. Centiskorch should be able to take care of it though.

Well since nobody voted, I will vote on lolgod3, therefore lolgod3 will be the winner of this slate.

:chansey: Slate 18: Normal-type :chansey:

While Normal-type offers fantastic support options such as Follow Me and Fake Out, Normal-type Pokemon leaves a lot to desire with the exceptions of Chansey. This is especially bad with the loss of Return and Frustration. Now find some creative way of buffing Normal-type Pokemon. This slate will last until 12th September, Saturday.

Rather than having a "stuff forbade for submission" list, I will be doing more of quality control if I deem Pokemon to be too strong or too weak instead (looking at you Follow Me Chansey/Blissey).

:bouffalant:
Pokemon: Bouffalant
Stats: 95 / 120 (+10) / 80 (-15) / 40 / 80 (-15) / 105 (+50) (BST: 520)
New move: Flare Blitz, Double Edge, Brave Bird, Head Smash
New ability: Rock Head
Overview: Not as high BST as others, but it is very bulky for an attacker I created. Is backed up by 120 Attack as well as extremely high BP moves, which now have no recoil, making them pretty spammable. Abilities-wise, whether you rum Rock Head or Reckless depends on whether you prioritize survivability or power. If you run a Reckless set you really need a lot of recovery.

:exploud:
Pokemon: Exploud
Stats: 100 (-4) / 80 (-11) / 60 (-3) / 130 (+39) / 60 (-13) / 90 (+22) (BST: 520)
New move: Overdrive
New ability: Punk Rock
Overview: Pretty much the same thing as Bouffalant but with a few tweaks. It’s not so fast, but hits stronger. However, it’s main moves are Boomburst and Overdrive, which makes it more predictable. This thing can be killed by revenge killers more easily I think. Abilities depend on whether you want to kill your allies hit Ghosts or have more power. Boomburst is going to be extremely painful for both sides.

:blissey:
Pokemon: Blissey
Stats: 255 / 10 / 45 (+35) / 45 (-30) / 135 / 50 (-5) (BST: 540)
Overview: Burn world HAHAHA
Bolded calcs deal more than 90% HP in one turn

252 Atk Pokemon Guy’s Togedemaru Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 306-362 (42.8 - 50.7%) -- 2.3% chance to 2HKO

252 Atk Life Orb Pokemon Guy’s Hitmontop Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 549-650 (76.8 - 91%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Pokemon Guy’s Golurk Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 313-370 (43.8 - 51.8%) -- 12.5% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Huge Power lolgod3’s Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 297-349 (41.5 - 48.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 Atk Life Orb Pokemon Guy’s Toxicroak Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 554-655 (77.5 - 91.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Life Orb HeatEdgeSword’s Gallade Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 564-665 (78.9 - 93.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk lolgod3’s Dhelmise Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 274-324 (38.3 - 45.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Is guaranteed to live a hit from the strongest Physical attackers around

252+ Atk Choice Band my Bouffalant Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 464-546 (64.9 - 76.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Pokemon Guy’s Stunfisk Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 232-274 (32.4 - 38.3%) -- 98% chance to 3HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pokemon Guy’s Primarina Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 252-297 (35.2 - 41.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ SpA Adaptability Pokemon Guy’s Gastrodon Scald vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 150-178 (21 - 24.9%) -- guaranteed 5HKO

252 SpA HeatEdgeSword’s Ninetales Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey in Sun: 198-234 (27.7 - 32.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

252 SpA HeatEdgeSword’s Salazzle Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 192-226 (26.8 - 31.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

252 SpA HeatEdgeSword’s Noivern Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 144-169 (20.1 - 23.6%) -- guaranteed 5HKO

252+ SpA my Goodra Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 246-290 (34.4 - 40.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA my Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 326-386 (45.6 - 54%) -- 48% chance to 2HKO

Don’t even bother talking about Special attacks

Last edited:
1599476323099.png

Pokemon: Wigglytuff
Stats: 140 / 70 / 85 (+40) / 120 (+45) / 70 (+20) / 45 (BST: 540)
New Moves: Moonblast, Follow Me, Trick Room
Overview: Wigglytuff can use its improved attack along with its better bulk to great effect when combined with competitive. Additionally, with follow me it can play a more supportive role. Trick room allows for both at once, setting up for the rest of the team and itself, turning its lower speed into a strength.

1599477039127.png

Pokemon: Diggersby
Stats: 105 (+20) / 56 / 87 (+10) / 50 / 87 (+10) / 98 (+20) (BST: 463)
New Moves: Fake Out, Double Edge
Overview: Receiving STAB on both fake out and earthquake, and having a great attack stat thanks to huge power, Diggersby may become a force to be reckoned with. It's improved bulk also can help it set up a swords dance if you wanna go that route.

:Snorlax:
Pokemon: Snorlax
Stats: 160/110/65/65/110/30 (Unchanged)
New ability: Poison Heal
Overview: You want something that competes with Chancy? Here's something that competes with Chancy. This gives an alternative to it's standard BerryDrum set, that is designed for longevity, and might fit on teams without TR. Being able to passively heal so much while also threatening the other team with STAB Facade is pretty good.

:Obstagoon:
Pokemon: Obstagoon
Stats: 95/105/105/60/85/95
New moves: Fake Out, Extreme Speed
Overview: Obstagoon bullied his little brother from Hoenn and stole his favorite event move. Now he can overcome his less-than-stellar speed tier without any support in order to pick off weak foes. Also, Fake Out gives Guts sets something to do other than Obstruct on their first turn out.

With only one vote, PokemonMasterDebate wins this slate!

Slate 19: Dark- and Steel-type :bisharp:
What do these types have to do in common? Aside from being weak to Fighting-type, not much else, really. But in this slate, you're allowed to do both Steel- and Dark-type. This submission slate will conclude on 19th September, Saturday.

Welp, there is no submission for this week, therefore I'm going to start over again with a brand new theme.

Slate 19: Grass- and Bug-type :leavanny:

What do these have in common, you can find those in the forest, I guess. That and their offensive coverage is considered one of the weakest, but they do provide valuable utility. Also, Rillaboom is forbade for this slate in case of someone giving it Spore. This slate will last until 27th September, Saturday.

i forgot about this whoop
Also these Pokemon are surprisingly more balanced then I expected

:vikavolt:
Pokemon: Vikavolt
New move: Power Gem
New ability: Electric Surge
Overview: Vikavolt’s stats just seem fine. Plop it onto a Trick Room team and it will do wonders. Electric Surge is mainly for Rising Voltage; and to create a better setter than Pincurchin! Vikavolt should be much more viable now. Also remind me to go create a Trick Room user one day?

:exeggutor:
Pokemon: Exeggutor
Stats: 95 / 75 (-20) / 95 (+10) / 125 / 95 (+20) / 45 (-10) (BST: 530)
New moves: Focus Blast, Thunder, Surf
New ability: Drought
Overview: Designed to be a slow, bulky attacker, this thing is also self-sufficient and can set Trick Room, be a Trick Room abuser itself, or fit onto sun teams as a Drought abuser with Chlorophyll, Harvest and/or Solar Beam. With a diverse set of moves, Exeggutor can fit on many teams and fulfill many roles. However, a crippling weakness to Bug-types leave it weak to powerful Pokemon like Centiskorch.

:exeggutor-alola:
Pokemon: Exeggutor-Alola
Stats: 95 / 125 (+20) / 95 (+10) / 75 (-50) / 95 (+20) / 45 (BST: 530)
New moves: Close Combat, Zap Cannon, Earthquake
New ability: Grassy Surge
Overview: Same idea as above, but physical and with Grassy Terrain instead. Can also abuse sun with Harvest due to its bulk, while it works well in Trick Room teams due to its low speed. Setting Grassy Terrain helps it with Grassy Glide as well as allies, whose Grass-type attacks would be boosted too. However, like it’s Kantonian counterpart, it too suffers a crippling weakness to Fairy-types. It also is extremely weak to common Ice-type moves and priority, although this is mitigated by Close Combat somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)