Pet Mod [Gen 8] Double Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
With me and かたわれ時 both getting the same votes and no tiebreakers, I will have to put both of our submission this time. Congratulation to かたわれ時 for winning this slate (and me).

:pelipper: Slate 4: Water-type :ludicolo:

Water-types are renowned for their great defensive capability and neutral offensive coverage. While we do have some of more dominating Water-types throughout history, there are some true stinkers here as well. So it's best to take a look at some of the Water-types that have been overlooked and improve them.

Stuff forbade for this slate:
Swift Swim (We have too many Swift Swim users available)
Protean and Libero (I will not make Protean Inteleon come true >:( )
Gyarados (No)
Dracovish
Arctovish
Fishious Rend
Drizzle

Furthermore, I'm going to remind everyone that you don't need to replace any existing ability when a new ability to allow more freedom.

Last edited:

Deleted member 503163

Protean Inteleon is just Greninja, it already came true. You know what fuck that lizard bastard, he doesn't need help. No instead we're going to someone who actually deserves to be improved.

Pokemon: Kingler
Stats: 80/130/120/55/120/95(BST 600)
New Moves: Ice Hammer, Ice Punch, Dragon Dance, Thunder Punch, Psycho Cut, Shadow Claw, Poison Jab, Aqua Jet, Drain Punch, Dragon Claw, Recover, Outrage
New Ability: Hyper Cutter/Intimidate/Sheer Force
Overview: Look at this motherfucker now. He has some good coverage going on here and a nice set up with dragon dance, and that's fine and good but how will it play during doubles? Well thanks to intimidate and its great bulk kingler would be more of a support lead. This is made more evident by a move I didn't need to add onto it, Wide Guard. With wide guard and intimidate it can shut down the many, many, MANY, rock slide users that exist in the meta, among the various other spread moves. Of course Kingler could go on the offensive and become one who slides those rocks with a life orb or scarfed sheer force set, but odds are more people would take advantage of that intimidate wide guard combo.

Pokemon: Jellicent
Stats: 100/60/115/100/115/30
New Moves: Wide Guard, Follow Me
New Ability: Storm Drain
Overview: On the surface this really doesn't seem like much, outside of the stats, but Jellicent's movepool is already pretty good for doubles. Having Icy Wind, Muddy Water, Water Spout, and Dazzling Gleam are some already pretty big pluses but it gets access to recover to help it out defensively. Slapping wide guard and follow me on there just boosts its defensive capability. However the two biggest boons are Storm Drain and its stats. See there's this living abomination going about rending everything to bits, and storm drain is known to stop said rending in its tracks. Now Jellicent's stats turn it into a very slow and very bulky jelly fish ... meaning it could become quite the dangerous beast in trick room or be the one to set it up thanks to its access to the move.

Last edited by a moderator:
Notable moves in italic

:inteleon:
Pokemon: Inteleon
Stats: 70/ 85/ 65 / 125/ 65 /120 Overall: 530
New Moves: Volt Switch, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Shock Wave, Sludge Bomb, Taunt, Detect
New Ability: Lightning Rod
Overview: Since I can't buff Seaking as it has Swift Swim, I picked Intelloen instead and give it Lightning Rod. This allows Intelleon to protect it and its partner from Electric-type move as long as Intelleon's active and deny Rotom from switching out with Volt Switch. Due to being a potentially fantastic partner to Gyarados and only having one weakness, I decided not to buff any of its stats and let the opponent exploits its fragility.

:Vaporeon:
Pokemon: Vaporeon
Stats: 130/ 65/ 70 (+10) /110/95/65 Overall: 535 (+10)
New Ability: Prankster
Overview: In a format where Max Move that boosts stat and Weakness Policy is dominating, Vaporeon will have a niche as a decent Prankster+Haze user that removes any stat changes on the field. It's not going to be great in a format that doesn't have either of them, so Vaporeon have to enjoy its spotlight while it still can.

Last edited:
seaking.gif

Pokemon: Seaking
Stats: 80/102/65/105/80/108 (BST: 540)
New Moves: Rock Slide, Wide Guard
New Ability: Compound Eyes / Water Veil (Lightning Rod)
Overview: Lightning Rod allows Seaking to assist a Water- or Flying-type teammate by redirecting in Electric moves. Wide Guard is an option if you predict Discharge users. On the other hand, Compound Eyes allows Seaking to spam its spread moves, such as Muddy Water and Blizzard, more comfortably.

Pokemon: Cramorant
Stats: 75/100/60/95/60/110 (BST: 500)
New Moves: Body Slam, Hyper Voice, Helping Hand, Follow Me, Heal Pulse, Tackle
Removed Moves: Brave Bird
New Ability: Scrappy / Gulp Missile (Sheer Force)
Overview: Buffing up the choking bird into a monstrous support, with Roost and Heal Pulse, it also have Follow Me and Helping Hand! Removed Brave Bird not only to add a little balance to it, but forcing it to run drill peck, or don't run a flying type move at all. The special side is also viable, though not as good as the physical side.

Pokemon: Pyukumuku
Stats: 95/55/165/55/165/5 (BST: 540)
New Moves: Wide Guard, Water Gun, Tackle, Waterfall, Brine, Snatch, Snore, Night Shade, Healing Wish
New Ability: Innards Out / Prankster (Unaware)
New Typing: Water / Poison Forgot to read the rules oops
Overview: Gave this thing some potential for attacking, and buffing its bulk up to monstrous levels. Already a decent member for stalling, and now its no longer afraid of taunt. Moveset already have lots of support options, now there's even more moves to choose from?! Good luck with this team!

Pokemon:Lanturn
Stats:125/58/78(+20)/136(+60)/106(+30)/67/570(+110)
New moves:Trick Room,Flamethrower,Fire Blast,Recover,Toxic,Hyper Voice
New Ability:Galvanize
Overview:Trick room sweeper

Guess I will have to do a tiebreaker vote. Since I can't vote for myself, lolgod3 won by default.
I will be away for some days, so there wouldn't be any slate for a while until I come back.

Back from Lunar New Year maybe I should just stay in my village in hindsight, onto a new slate then.

:scrafty: Slate 5: Fake Out :togedemaru:

Fake Out is a fantastic move for providing momentum to its partner. Notable users of it include Incineroar with the combination of Intimidate and Parting Shot/U-turn and Grimmsnarl who has Prankster for +1 priority Thunder Wave and Screens. Of course, Dynamax coming with flinch immunity means that you have to think twice before using Fake Out. Any submission is required to have the move Fake Out.

As another reminder, you can add a new ability without replacing an existing ability. This slate will last until 10th February.

Stuff forbade for this slate:
Arena Trap & Shadow Tag (See what happened when Gothitelle has Fake Out)
Incineroar
Rillaboom
Ludicolo

Important moves in italic

:perrserker:
Pokemon: Perrserker
Stats: 70/ 115(+5) / 120 (+20)/ 50/ 80 (+20)/50 (Overall: 485)
New Moves: Knock Off, Parting Shot, Thunder Punch, Bullet Punch
Overview: Perrserker will be a good Assault Vest pivot with its increased special bulk and great offensive arsenal, or it could run Parting Shot at the cost of Assault Vest to reduce the foe's offensive stats and allow its partner to take hits better . While Steely Spirit sounds cool, it will be running Tough Claws most of the time as most of its moves are contact-based. I choose not to increase Perrserker's speed as a slow U-turn/Parting Shot allow Pokemon to safely switch in or it could take advantage of Trick Room by supporting them.

Last edited:

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Pokemon: Toxicroak
Stats: 83/126(+20)/70(+5)/76(-10)/70(+5)/87(+2) (overall: 512)
New Moves: Close Combat, Knock Off, Parting Shot, Outrage

Everyone's favorite frog saw some use in the era of Xerneas and Kyogre, but seems to have fallen out of favor again. With parting shot, better fighting STAB, and more attack, it should be able to carve out a niche for itself as a support mon that can help its ally out with Encore, Fake Out, Helping Hand, or Parting Shot. If it helps get Tailwind up, it can abuse it decently well with its 87 speed.

Fighting/Poison is a nice typing to have in a metagame filled with fairies and steels, and has decent matchups against lucario/whimsicott and indeedee/hatterene cores in addition to being immune to Fishious Rends. A wide variety of coverage moves, ranging from Outrage to Bulldoze, means that toxicroak is highly customizable.

HeatEdgeSword you can take the win on Slate 4 if you want because my subs sucked

Pokemon: Morpeko
Stats: 88/135/80/56/78/143 (BST: 580)
New Moves: Court Change, U-turn

Overview: What Morpeko lacked was stats. Now it's an awesome Pikachu Clone with a nerdy utility move and more switching opportunities in U-turn. Fake out allowed it to start in hangry form and U-turn to switch in spite of taunt.

Pokemon: Obstagoon
Stats: 94/108/106/60/80/102 (BST: 560)
New Moves: Fake Out, Head Smash, High Jump Kick, Roar, Haze, U-turn
Overview: Unexplored but amazing. It's fast, hits hard, gets walled by nearly nothing, and kills so much with head smash.

Last edited:

Pokemon:Togedemaru
Stats:105(+40)/135(+40)/113(+50)/40/93(+20)/96/(Bst:585[+150])
New Moves:Fake Out,Ice Punch,Fire Punch,Close Combat
New Ability:Defiant
Overview:Togedemaru good bulk and attack along with Zing Zap,Ice Punch and Close Combat to hit a lot of pokemon hard it's a force to be recined with. fake out and thunder wave give it ops to support the team but it has a 4x weekness to earthquake and it's outspeed by base 100s and up

Pokemon:Hitmontop
Stats:130(+80)/120(+25)/105(+10)/35/110/70(Bst:570[+115)
New Moves:Knock Off,Slack Off,Drain Punch
Overview:Hitmontop can play 2 different roles. With Intimidate,Helping Hand,Fake Out, and Wide Guard Hitmoptop can support his team well take hits and get free turns and with his Technician set Hitmoptop can use a more powerful Fake Out as well as having a Technician boosted Mach Punch and Triple Kick But It is slow and it has minor 4 move slot syndrome

Last edited:
Just pointing out there's just 1 or 2 days left for the subs to enter! hurry up and get 'em in!

Pokemon:Togedemaru
Stats:105(+40)/135(+40)/113(+50)/40/93(+20)/96/(Bst:585[+150])
New Moves:Fake Out,Ice Punch,Fire Punch,Close Combat
New Ability:Defiant
Overview:Togedemaru good bulk and attack along with Zing Zap,Ice Punch and Close Combat to hit a lot of pokemon hard it's a force to be recined with. fake out and thunder wave give it ops to support the team but it has a 4x weekness to earthquake and it's outspeed by base 100s and up
I like this sub. But why don't they just run air balloon? P.S. Earthquake isn't doubles style

My vote goes to Pokemon guy. I think that perrserker is still too frail and weak and that toxicroak is simply junk (No offence meant sorry)

Last edited:

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
My vote is contingent on what we're supposed to aim for here. If the goal was to make 580 BST behemoths (which neither the OP nor the perrserker example made clear) then I'll vote for pokemonguy I guess. If the goal was closer to making what's currently in doubles, I'll abstain from voting.

With 2 votes (technically), Pokemon guy wins this round.

:dracozolt: Slate 6: Electric-type :rotom-wash:

In a generation where Flying-type is dominating (again), the current rooster for Electric-type is noticeable underwhelming. Still, there are some premier Electric-types out there. Rotom and its form is able to bring utility to the table, and Dracozolt is a huge offensive threat with its powerful Bolt Beak. Alternatively, one can take a look at the other fast but frail Electric-types and improve them. This slate will last for 6 days.

As a reminder, you don't need to replace an ability when you add a new ability.

Stuff forbade from this slate:
Bolt Beak
Dracozolt
Arctozolt
Zeraora

It's time

Pokemon:Stunfisk
Stats:139(+30)/66/84/101(+20)/139(+40)/32/561(+90)
New Moves:Tailwind,Helping Hand,Slack Off,Ice Beam,Blizzard,Focus Blast
New Ability:Wonder Skin
Overview:Stunfisk plays a bulky attacker role pretty well with incredible coverage BoltBeam+Focus Blast(Can I call it BoltBeamBlast) and has a okay ability in Wonder Skin. It has Thunder Wave,Helping Hand, and Tailwind However it's very SLOOOOOOOOOOW and only has okay defense

Pokemon:Jolteon
Stats:65/65/60/115(+5)/115(+20)/145(+15)/565(+40)
New Moves:Ice Beam,Blizzard,Aura Sphere,
New Ability:Electric Surge
Overview:Jolteon is now faster then Dragapult and Electric Surge gives it a power boast

Last edited:
Pokemon: Rotom-Fan
Stats: 75/55/80/135/120/135 (BST: 600)
New Moves: Tailwind, Glare, Overdrive
New Abilities: Levitate/Prankster/(Adaptability)
Overview: This thing was almost never ever used before. Now it have some usage in it with its stats, ability, and moves. It might even be broken.

Pokemon: Boltund
Stats: 120/130/74/60/80/136 (BST: 600)
New Moves: Poison Fang, Ice Fang
Overview: A good biter and sweeper. Real strong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)