Pet Mod [Gen 8] Perfect Galar

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I'd say voting is sufficient enough now! Let's take a look at our winners, each with 4 votes!

Pokemon Name: Luxray
Role: Guts Sweeper / Wallbreaker
Stat Changes (If Any): 80 / 126 (+6) / 80 (+1) / 95 / 80 (+1) / 75 (+5) (BST: 535)
Movepool Changes (If Any): Zing Zap, Bulk Up
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Luxray utilizes its ok bulk in combination with either Bulk Up or Agility to become a formidable sweeper or wallbreaker. With Dynamax, it can boost its Attack and set up Terrain, then go in with powerful Zing Zaps and Facades after exiting Dynamax.

Pokemon Name: Bouffalant
Role: Recoil-based Normal attacker
Stat Changes (If Any): 95 / 130 (+20) / 95 / 40 / 95 / 65 (+10) (520 BST)
Ability Changes (If Any): None
Movepool Changes (If Any): Flare Blitz
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Flare Blitz may seem like a totally insane stretch but hear me out. Bouffalant's entire theme is recoil: Its signature move, access to Reckless and just its general design and mannerisms (e.g. BW animated sprite). Normal types themselves are well known for extremely wide movepools and there have been cases where they can learn even crazier stuff via breeding: Most notably, Flame Wheel Raticate, which was also the justfication for my Persian sub which had that as a move to abuse Technician. Anyways other than that this is just vanilla Bouffalant but massively upgraded, with the aforementioned coverage being great for Corviknight and the occasional Durant. Unlike stuff like Persian it's way slower and it doesn't outclass Bewear since that still has Fighting type and Fluffy going for it. Compared to the two Darmanitan forms it also has much higher bulk and some different coverage choices like Close Combat and Wild Charge.
Pokemon Name: Slowbro-Galar
Role: Physically Bulky Priority User
Stat Changes (If Any): N/A
Ability Changes (If Any): Quick Draw now gives "bullet-like" moves +1 priority.
Movepool Changes (If Any): Shell Side Arm chooses the higher of the user's offenses (i.e. Photon Geyser) for damage calculations, and is given the bullet-like attribute.
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: This Slowbro's main niche is to hit hard with its plentiful priority options Shadow Ball and Focus Blast in order to stop the opponent's momentum. The only Pokemon that I feel fills a similar role would be Golisopod, who has a completely different typing and coverage, as well as a worse SpAtk.
:ss/exploud:
Pokemon Name: Exploud
Role: Normal-type Choice Specs user
Stat Changes (If Any): 109 (+5) / 91 / 75 (+8) / 111 (+20) / 81 (+8) / 68 (535 BST)
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Although it doesn't have particularly good defenses like Magearna or the brute force of Aegislash, Exploud makes up for this with its huge offensive movepool and slightly better speed tier (not by much, but don't get me started). Yeah in all seriousness, Exploud is meant to do one thing: abuse Choice Specs and fire off extremely powerful Scrappy-boosted Boombursts or some other of its coverage moves. So basically, it does the same thing it's always done since Gen 6. But it can now do it better! Between much better bulk (109/75/81 compared to 104/67/73), much better special attack (111 versus 91), not to mention an already huge movepool, Exploud is now much better. Unlike Porygon-Z, Exploud is much tankier and can take hits better, not to mention actual special Normal-type STAB and Scrappy enabling it to hit Ghost-types, but has much worse power without Choice Specs and is way slower.
G-Luke's Luxray 4
Yung Dramps' Bouffalant 4
Adou's Slowbro-Galar 4
War Incarnate's Exploud 4

G-Luke's Dragalge 3
Hematite's Zoroark 3
Ema Skye's Druddigon 3
MegaFlareon's Poliwrath 3

Don't slow down, border guards, for we're not done yet!

Slate #8: Border Patrol Pt. II
So we got done porting over mons. Now it's time to bring back nuked moves! Pick up to 3 to revive and alter their distribution and effects as you see fit, keeping the original purposes and flavor in mind of course! If you don't make any changes to distribution it'll default to how it was as of USUM.

Assist, Barrage, Barrier, Bestow, Bide, Bone Club, Bubble, Camouflage, Captivate, Chip Away, Clamp, Comet Punch, Constrict, Dizzy Punch, Double Slap, Dragon Rage, Egg Bomb, Embargo, Feint Attack, Flame Burst, Flash, Foresight, Frustration, Grass Whistle, Heal Block, Heal Order, Heart Stamp, Hidden Power, Ice Ball, Ion Deluge, Jump Kick, Karate Chop, Lucky Chant, Magnet Bomb, Magnitude, Me First, Meditate, Miracle Eye, Mirror Move, Mirror Shot, Mud Bomb, Mud Sport, Natural Gift, Needle Arm, Nightmare, Odor Sleuth, Ominous Wind, Psywave, Punishment, Pursuit, Rage, Razor Wind, Refresh, Return, Rock Climb, Rolling Kick, Rototiller, Secret Power, Sharpen, Signal Beam, Silver Wind, Sky Drop, Sky Uppercut, Smelling Salts, Snatch, Sonic Boom, Spider Web, Spike Cannon, Spotlight, Steamroller, Synchronoise, Telekinesis, Trump Card, Twineedle, Wake-Up Slap, Water Sport, Wring Out

I'm gonna make Hidden Power great again!...

*reads G-Luke's message*

*you should understand this*

Let's try this again, okay?

But first, can anyone give me a template for buffing moves?

Move Name: Magnet Bomb
Effect Changes (if any):
Now a special steel clone of Freeze Dry, except super effective vs. Steel types.
Distribution Changes (if any):
None really. Duralodon might like the coverage as it has very few ways to hit steel types.
Competitive Purpose:
Magnezone now doesn't have to worry about its lack of HP Fire any more as it can hit hard with a great STAB coverage. It has a stronger move that SE hits a good number of steel types although there are times you'll want the 4x hit of HP Fire instead.

Move Name: Rolling Kick
Effect Changes (if any): Spins Hazards away. 100 accuracy.
Distribution Changes (if any): Off the top of my head I can't think of any new mons but hey, if something needs some spin power and a new niche, feel free to remind me. Maybe Poliwrath wants a new move?
Competitive Purpose: So Machamp finally gets to leave Conkeld-- oh wait Conk has defog. Well, at least Champ can clear without removing his own side... I guess? Hitmons will certainly approve, especially Top who can Intimidate or Technician it for respectable power. It trades the speed boost from Rapid Spin for higher base power and the ability to actually hit something SE.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Move Name: Rock Climb
Effect Changes (if any): 75 BP, 100% accurate, hits Rock types super-effectively
Given to Greedent, Dubwool, Diggersby and Bewear families
Competitive Purpose:
A new move that would really help in getting some of these Normals over the loss of Return without bringing back that move specifically.

Move Name: Trump Card
Effect Changes (if any): 60 BP, 10 PP, +20 BP for every fainted ally
Given to Indeedee-Female, entire Mime Jr. family including Galarian forms, Silvally and Keldeo
Competitive Purpose:
Cool lategame sweep attack

Move Name: Sky Uppercut
Effect Changes (if any): 95% accuracy, super-effective against Flying-type Pokemon, can hit Pokemon during semi-invulnerable turns of Fly and Bounce
Distribution Changes (if any): Given to Primeape family, Poliwrath, and Grapploct family. Maybe remove from Lucario and Kommo-o because they might be OP with it?
Competitive Purpose: Gives lower-tiered Fighting-types such as Hitmonchan and Poliwrath an advantage over Conkeldurr by having a STAB option that hits Flying-types super-effectively.

Move Name: Psywave
Effect Changes (if any): Psychic clone of Seismic Toss
Orbeetle family, Galarian Rapidash family, Hatterene family
Competitive Purpose:
Allows defensive Psychic-types such as Bronzong and Orbeetle to do consistent damage while also maiming Ghost types at the cost of not touching Dark-types. Psywave would allow Chansey to fully counter Ghost types as it can now wear them down.

Last edited:
Move Name: Natural Gift
Effect Changes:
The user must eat a held Berry to use this move. The Berry determines the move's type and power.​
It has the same power- and type-changing effects, but it now works like Belch: the Berry must be consumed before the move can be used, but once it has been, it can be used as often as the user likes. Even switching out does not reset this.
Distribution Changes (if any): This was a near-universal move, and I think it would make sense to keep it that way. Let's just say every Pokémon that can learn Protect? (plus Regigigas on the off chance that some bizarre submission actually gets it in for Crown Tundra)
Competitive Purpose:
"Physical Hidden Power," but it heavily limits the item slot and can only be used at all with careful play to consume a Berry (some of which can be on the risky side). Some Pokémon that badly need coverage will appreciate it; notably, the two easiest types to activate are Fairy and Dark, with strong physical coverage for some other cool types being available if a Pokémon falls to low HP, and any type that's super effective against a Pokémon is also a slightly weaker option.
* any Pokémon can gain an 80 BP Bug, Rock, Ghost, Dragon or Dark move at low HP (while also restoring HP by a third) with the pinch berries (Figy, Wiki, Mago, Aguav and Iapapa)
* any Pokémon can gain an 80 BP move of any of its own weaknesses by holding and successfully activating a type-reducing Berry
* the Ganlon and Salac Berries are particularly valuable - at low HP, the holder eats them to raise its Defense or Speed and then gains a 100 BP Ice or Fighting move, respectively; in the same vein, Pokémon can also get a 100 BP Grass move with Attack (Liechi), Poison with Special Attack (Petaya - less relevant because this is a physical move, but the coverage alone may be worth having for some as an anti-Fairy measure), Ground with Special Defense (Apicot), Flying with critical hit rate (Lansat), Psychic with a random stat sharply boosted (Starf), Ghost with a Quick Claw boost for one move (Custap - note that Natural Gift cannot be selected on the turn it triggers, so it's not like a super Shadow Sneak or anything) and Rock with an accuracy buff for one move (Micle)
* the Maranga and Kee Berries are some of the easiest Berries to trigger (just require being hit with a special move or a physical move) and result in 100 BP Dark and Fairy moves, respectively
I got the okay from G-Luke that I will not be disowned for this

Move Name: Pursuit
Effect Changes (if any): N/A
Distribution Changes:
Learned by Zigzagoon-Galar line, Inteleon, Nickit line, Arrokuda line, Grapploct, Falinks, Dreepy line, and Zarude in addition to Pokemon that previously got the move.
Competitive Purpose:
It's Pursuit. Not much more to add.

Move Name: Signal Beam
Effect Changes (if any): Buffed to base 85 Power.
Learned by Blipbug line, Yamper line, Galarian Ponyta Line, Toxtricity (both forms), Sizzlipede line, Hatenna line, Pincurchin, Snom line, and Indeedee in addition to previous learners.
Competitive Purpose:
Bug-type coverage for those that needed it. For when you want to hit Dark-types without relying on Focus Blast, or Grass-types without being walled by Dragons.

Move Name: Razor Wind
Effect Changes (if any): Now a Flying-type move. No longer requires a charge turn.
Now learned by basically every Flying-type that didn't already get it.
Competitive Purpose:
A safer alternative to Hurricane that many Flying-types will appreciate.

Move Name: Punishment
Effect Changes (if any): Always 60 BP, removes the target's stat changes if it hits
Distribution Changes (if any): Linoone-G, Obstagoon, Grimmsnarl, Krookodile, Liepard, Tyranitar
Competitive Purpose: An untauntable Haze in this slightly stronger Clear Smog clone, could be useful on Assault Vest users (*cough* TTar*) or super fast Pokemon (like Weavile or Techinician Persian) to give them a way to stop sweeps using their extra bulk without worrying about a Taunt-using sweeper

Move Name: Double Slap
Effect Changes (if any): 40 BP, 100% Acc, Always hits twice, Fairy-type
Distribution Changes (if any): Azumarill, Hatterene, Gallade, Grimmsnarl, Mawile, Slurpuff, Togekiss, Bewear
Competitive Purpose: A literal Double Slap, this is a slightly weaker but more accurate alternative to Play Rough that has the added benefit of breaking Focus Sashes, breaking Substitutes, and having a chance to crit twice

Move Name: Synchronoise
Effect Changes (if any): 70 BP, Sound move, Doubles in power and ignores resistances if the target is the same type
Distribution Changes (if any): Toxtricity, Alakazam, Indeedee, Necrozma, Silvally
Competitive Purpose: Gives a couple of Pokemon who would kill for any sort of coverage like Jolteon and Toxtricity some decent Psychic coverage while also making many Psychic and Normal-types fear bulky Psychics and Chansey a lot less. Especially on Indeedee, this move on an unsuspecting Chansey will hit even harder than Expanding Force

Last edited:
sounds like another fun mod to play! i’ll try my best in my first submissions:

Move Name: Sky Uppercut
Effect Changes (if any): Current effects + Super Effective on Flying-Types (Freeze-Dry clone)
Distribution Changes (if any): +Hitmonlee, +Hitmontop
Competitive Purpose: Pokémon like Hitmonlee and Pangoro greatly benefit from the additional coverage on Flying-Types the move gives without sacrificing another coverage move slot, being able to absolutely destroy defensive Pokémon like Corviknight and Mandibuzz which usually wall them. (edit: i swear i didn’t copy MegaFlareon, sorry for the repeat effects

Move Name: Flash
Effect Changes (if any): In the next turn, the Pokémon in the user's current position evades all moves targeted at it. Does not evade moves that does not check accuracy. (Wish (+ Lock-On?) clone)
Distribution Changes (if any): None
Competitive Purpose: The opposite of Lock-On. It functions like a deferred use of Protect, letting one recover health or boost up very safely in the next turn. Another use is to be a semi-pivot move, being able to bring in breakers safely without worrying about being hit. Overall a niche move with good potential on slow and bulky mons that is able to tank a hit well when using Flash.

Move Name: Comet Punch
Effect Changes (if any): Keeping its 18 BP on hit, every hit has a 8% chance to make the opposing Pokemon flinch.
Distribution Changes (if any): Now Minccino and Cinccino learn it.
Competitive Purpose: This move was previously useless because of being the same as Tail Slap, yet having less BP, and as such it was unused in favour of the former. Now that it has 40% Flinch Chance without having to use King's Rock for Skill Link users, it will allow Cinccino and Minccino (and maybe, but to a much lesser extent, other Pokemon like Pangoro and Conk, but I really can't see them running this move) to thrive with a Substitute + Comet Punch set (maybe paired up with Thunder Wave support from their teammates), rather than always running a Tail Slap offensive set. It's still a 90 Base Power Move (not including normal type STAB) for Skill Link users, but the healthy flinch chance makes sure that it's not always forgotten in favour of its Tail variation.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Move Name: Spike Cannon
Effect Changes (if any): Water typing.
Distribution Changes (if any): Same
Competitive Purpose: Now Cloyster has pretty decent Water STAB that can break Sashes, allowing the menace to actually break Steel types with King's Rock.

Move Name: Sharpen
Effect Changes (if any): Raises Attack by 1 stage for each stat drop a user may have, then removes stat drops. Fails if the user has no stat drops.
Distribution Changes (if any): Honedge line, Gallade, Pawniard line, Onix line, both Farfetch'd variants, Pinsir, Gigalith, Braviary, Skarmory + OG holders
Competitive Purpose: An interesting move for Pokémon that already lack a means of setting up. A Gallade can Close Combat, then use Sharpen and get rid of the drop while skyrocketing its attack stat. Notable drawback is that it fails if the user has no stat drops, so its not always a substitute for Swords Dance.

Move Name: Sonic Boom
Effect Changes (if any): Special Quick Attack clone, but sound based.
Distribution Changes (if any): Old Distrub + Noibat line, Exploud, both Toxtricity forms, Primarina, Indeedees, Drampa, Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff
Competitive Purpose: Special priority is a very rare commodity in competitive, so I went out of my way to bring back an obscure gem and give a wide variety of Pokemon some well needed niches to exploit with this new move. Drampa, Primarina and Tox are immediate standouts, but Exploud can pull it off nicely too. Indeedee gets it so it can cry itself to sleep because it can't use it. Trash mon.

Last edited:
Move Name: Sharpen
Effect Changes (if any): Raises Attack by 2 stages for each stat drop a user may have, then removes stat drops. Fails if the user has no stat drops.
Distribution Changes (if any): Honedge line, Gallade, Pawniard line, Onix line, both Farfetch'd variants, Pinsir + OG holders
Competitive Purpose: An interesting move for Pokémon that already lack a means of setting up. A Gallade can Close Combat, then use Sharpen and get rid of the drop while skyrocketing its attack stat. Notable drawback is that it fails if the user has no stat drops, so its not always a substitute for Swords Dance.
That seems just a tiny bit broken to me. Using CC and then Sharpen gets you an instant +4 attack? So long as you have the bulk to live at least one move, you can sweep the opposing team almost effortlessly. And you gave this to Aegislash, which can pull off a CC then instantly use King's Shield to get some extra bulk to pull off a Sharpen? A set of CC/King's Shield/Shadow Sneak/Sharpen could potentially wreck the meta. Not to mention Bisharp potentially getting an instant +4 off a predicted Defog with Defiant + Sharpen...

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
That seems just a tiny bit broken to me. Using CC and then Sharpen gets you an instant +4 attack? So long as you have the bulk to live at least one move, you can sweep the opposing team almost effortlessly. And you gave this to Aegislash, which can pull off a CC then instantly use King's Shield to get some extra bulk to pull off a Sharpen? A set of CC/King's Shield/Shadow Sneak/Sharpen could potentially wreck the meta. Not to mention Bisharp potentially getting an instant +6 off a predicted Defog with Defiant + Sharpen...
Nerfed it to +1.

Move Name: Twineedle
Effect Changes (if any): It now has 50 base power, but only hits twice. Also it now has no chance to poison.
Old Distrib+ Gligar, Gliscor, Yanmega, Armaldo, Scyther
Competitive Purpose:
It gives another physical bug type move that can break subs and sashes.

CC into Sharpen is just Swords Dance, Sharpen rn will just be great on Bisharp and mons that lack set up.
Nothing with Sharpen "lacks" setup beside Porygon2 and Cryogonal. Avalugg has Curse, Steelix has Curse and Dragon Dance, and all the other mons you gave it to already got Swords Dance. Porygon-Z, Carbink and Diancie lack physical setup, but the former gets Nasty Plot and the latter two get Calm Mind, so there's that.

Dilasc's Rolling Kick
MegaFlareon's Sky Uppercut
Mega-Pokebattlerz's Signal Beam
G-Luke's Spike Cannon
Yoshiblaze's Double Slap
Revenge of Depressed Gay's Twineedle

G-Luke's Sonic Boom
Mega metaboss's Flash
Yoshiblaze's Punishment
Mega-Pokebattlerz's Pursuit
My Natural Gift
Yung Dramps's Trump Card

Yoshiblaze's Synchronoise
G-Luke's Sonic Boom
Xephyrr's Sky Uppercut
Mega-Pokebattlerz's Pursuit
Mega-Pokebattlerz's Signal Beam
Yung Dramps's Trump Card

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)