Pet Mod [Gen 8] Perfect Galar

Dilasc's Magnet Bomb
Yung Dramps' Rock Climb
MegaFlareon's Sky Uppercut
Mega-Pokebattlerz's Razor Wind and Pursuit
G-Luke's Sonic Boom

We got 5 6 vote posts, so I guess I'll just post the votals here.

5 - G-Luke's Sonic Boom (Mega-Pokebattlerz, Hematite, Yoshiblaze, FinalF, G-Luke [SV])
4 - Mega-Pokebattlerz's Pursuit (Mega-Pokebattlerz [SV], Hematite, Yoshiblaze, FinalF)
4 - MegaFlareon's Sky Uppercut (MegaFlareon [SV], Mega-Pokebattlerz, FinalF, G-Luke)
4 - Yung Dramps's Trump Card (Mega-Pokebattlerz, Hematite, Yoshiblaze, G-Luke)
3 - Yoshiblaze's Synchronoise (Yoshiblaze [SV], Mega-Pokebattlerz, G-Luke)
2 - Hematite's Natural Gift (Hematite [SV], Mega-Pokebattlerz)
2 - Mega-Pokebattlerz's Signal Beam (Yoshiblaze, MegaFlareon)
2 - Dilasc's Rolling Kick (MegaFlareon, G-Luke)
1 - Dilasc's Magnet Bomb (FinalF)
1 - G-Luke's Spike Cannon (MegaFlareon)
1 - Yoshiblaze's Double Slap (MegaFlareon)
1 - Yoshiblaze's Punishment (Hematite)
1 - Revenge of Depressed Gay's Twinneedle (MegaFlareon)
1 - Mega metaboss's Flash (Hematite)
1 - Xephyrr's Sky Uppercut (Yoshiblaze)
1 - Yung Dramps's Rock Climb (FinalF)
1 - Mega-Pokebattlerz's Razor Wind (FinalF)

So unless anyone else wants to vote at the last minute, these are our results.

EDIT: G-Luke made a last-minute vote and snagged himself the win. OK then. It didn't change the actual results though.

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yoshiblaze's Synchronoise
G-Luke's Sonic Boom
Dilasc's Rolling Kick
Yung Dramps's Trump Card
MegaFlareon's Sky Uppercut

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
WOW I kinda just left this hanging. Ouch.

Massive thankies to Mega-Pokebattlerz for compiling the votes for my lazy ass, with that I can declare the winners to be G-Luke's Sonic Boom, Mega-Pokebattlerz' Pursuit, MegaFlareon's Sky Uppercut and my Trump Card!

The border guards can now finally rest... Is what I would say if we didn't get a second round of DLC during this long waiting period!

Slate #9: Border Patrol Pt. III

Following similar provisions to the first Border Patrol slate, I'm leaving it up to submitters to pick and choose which CT Pokemon, new and returning, will be allowed in the Perfect Galar meta! Like that slate modifications are welcome so long as they fall in line with the normal rules. Some things to note for this one in regards to certain Pokemon groups:

-Since the first Border Patrol slate allowed Galarian Slowbro, Galarian Slowking will be added no matter what
-Should you decide to bring in any of the countless legendaries added or brought back and your submission wins, all the other members of the legendary group will be admitted into the meta! For example, if you make a winning submission for just Regirock, all 5 other Regis will be added by default with some stat changes decided by yours truly to keep them up with any Regirock stat alterations you may have made. Likewise if you submit one of the Johto beasts the other 2 will be added as well!

Last edited:
Let's look at some mons under the radar.

Pokemon Name: Altaria
Role: Makeshift Mega Altaria.
Stat Changes (If Any): 75(+5)/90(+20)/90/90(+20)/105/80 (Total: 535)
Ability Changes (If Any): Aerialate/Natural Cure (Cloud Nine)
Movepool Changes (If Any): +Boom Burst, +U-Turn
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Most comparable being a Boom Burst Dragon/Flying type is Noivern, who isn't yet OU. Altaria has lower Special Attack and speed anyway. As a DDancer, it can certainly use Aerialate well. Seeing Altaria in team preview is going to make you not want to spam Status as it can either NC it off or use DD Aerialate Facade to break those who burn it.

Pokemon Name: Regirock/Ice/Steel
Role: Actually being able to do their defensive jobs with better abilities and reliable recovery.
Stat Changes (If Any): Unchanged
Ability Changes (If Any): Water Absorb/Solid Rock (Volt Absorb)
Movepool Changes (If Any): +Recover +Spikes +Trick Room +Freeze Dry (Ice), +Rock Blast (Rock), +Shift Gear (steel) +STAB Quick Attack (the recipients of each move is obvious)
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Not much of a change here. Not much in the way of changes are needed. These things would be a lot more viable if they had abilities that didn't suck ass. Being ageless and stuck in watery caves gives them water absorb. Being almost machinelike lets them Volt Absorb and Solid Rock is solid. Recover in general is a fantastic ability sure to give these things longevity. No other aspects of these are changed.

Pokemon Name: Crobat
Role: Poison spreader, Utility
Stat Changes (If Any): Swap Attack and Special Attack
Ability Changes (If Any): Competitive/Infiltrator (Corrosive)
Movepool Changes (If Any): +Toxic Spikes, +Sludge Wave, +Clear Smog
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: A fast SoB with a really good set of resists with 3 4xs and Ground Immunity, Crobat just doesn't have the time to capitalize on it. Competitive mixed with 20 more SpAtk help it get going in a Defog/Intimidate heavy meta. An NP set with a free Comp boost is very scary with 130 Speed. Or you can just U-Turn out of the predicted faster switch (which can only really be Leki as Phero needs to fear Hurricane/Heat Wave, or just getting struck in general.

Crobat simply holds a unique niche in and of the fact that its type is, after 2 decades, still unique only to its own lineage and nothing can steal this U-Turn and Fight quad resisting niche while still avoiding Ground (except Gengar) and that in itself is invaluable as unlike Poison/Ghosts, Crobat can still fit itself an ability to suit its needs. Corrosive also lets it get around Steels without relying on Heatwave's rather redundant coverage with its already able to hit Bug and Grass SE moves.

K and G trio Birbs
Stat Changes (If Any): All Stats Unchanged!
Moltres-K
Role: Burn spreader without dying to Rocks
Ability Changes (If Any): Magic Guard (Flame Body)
Movepool Changes (If Any):
+Scald
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Moltres does Moltres. It's already a unique check to a lot of threats but now it can hold some real items instead. Suffice to say an ememy can never truly know if it's safe to risk triggering Flame Body. And if Fire and Ground type burnage wasn't enough, try Scald, making Moltres even better in the rain than it already may be.

Articuno-K
Role: Defensive Ice type that needs no boots.
Ability Changes (If Any): Magic Guard (Ice Scales)
+Hydro Pump, Calm Mind
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Besides Ice Scales and Magic Guard? Does it need anything else? It already sets itself a unique precedence with those 2 abilities alone and its various utility moves: Heal Bell, Defog, Roost and now Calm Mind to go with its SpDef.

Moltres-G
Role: Berserk abuse with recovery and a little coverage
Ability Changes (If Any): None
+Heatwave, +Roost
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Unlike Mandibuzz, this thing can snowball as it keeps itself alive. It still competes somewhat with Wind Genies in either form, but Roost is a genuinely useful way to distinguish itself even if its coverage is far worse without moves like Sludge Wave or Fight coverage.

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
It's the biggy! Welcome to...

Regice

Regirock
Regigigas
Registeel

Regieleki
Regidrago

THE REGIPOST
Hey, I never set a limit on how many Pokemon one could submit!

Pokemon Name: Regirock
Role: Defensive Rock type with decent offensive capabilities
Movepool Changes: +Bulk Up, Shore Up
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: So I know the mission statement of this mod is for changes to be more interesting than adding one move, but honestly this is a special case where the addition of Shore Up alone, a move based on its numerous dex entries about picking up pieces of rock to repair itself while also providing it a "signature move" to achieve parity with the new Regis, totally changes the game for Regirock. Now it can stand tall alongside Tyranitar and Rhyperior with the ability to sustain itself, letting it take extra hits from threats like Charizard and Darmanitan-Galar. It also gets Bulk Up as another thing to make it stand out, allowing bulky set-up as a possibility.

Pokemon Name: Regice
Role: Ice type Special tank
Ability Changes: -Ice Body, +Heatproof as HA
Movepool Changes: +Calm Mind, Dazzling Gleam, Freezy Frost, Rapid Spin
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: With Kyurem as its main competition I decided to let Regice hone in some more defensive niches. That sounds impossible with it being a pure Ice type but Heatproof neutralizing Fire moves means it can sort of go back to its Gen 3 role of soaking up Special attacks with its raw bulk on that end, especially since Chansey doesn't exist in this metagame. From there it can clear hazards or set up like the new-and-improved Regirock, this time on the Special end with Calm Mind. Freezy Frost is its new "signature move", giving it a stronger STAB to make wallbreaking it a further headache.

Pokemon Name: Registeel
Role: Fat steel on both ends with an expansive movepool
Ability Changes (If Any): Light Metal
Light Metal: 0.75x damage from contact moves
Movepool Changes: +Ice Beam, Knock Off, Pain Split, Shift Gear
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: It's kind of a weird hybrid between Ferrothorn and Corviknight in some aspects with its primary value over both being its cool movepool letting it do some gnarly counter-teaming picks. It also has solid bulk on both ends and a buffed Light Metal to make it a stalwart pick against Contact-based foes.

Pokemon Name: Regieleki
Role: Speed control attacker without a specific item or ability necessary
Ability Changes: +Clear Body, Transistor is HA
Transistor: Tough Claws clone that turns Electric moves into contact moves
Movepool Changes (If Any): +Flash Cannon, Smart Strike, Sonic Boom, Superpower, Thunder Cage
Thunder Cage: 90 BP, 100% accurate
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Regieleki trades away Zeraora's coverage for increased power on the coverage it does have along with Electric moves in general as well as even more ridiculous speed.

Pokemon Name: Regidrago
Role:
Ability Changes:
+Clear Body, Dragon's Maw is HA
Dragon's Maw: Strong Jaw clone with a 1.3x multiplier that turns Dragon moves into biting moves
Movepool Changes (If Any): +Aura Sphere, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Ice Fang, Poison Fang, Superpower
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: It doesn't have the raw speed tier of Dragapult or Hydreigon nor the useful dual typings of its competitors, but Regidrago can nonetheless befuddle opponents on either end with its unique ability and small but increased and useful host of coverage moves.

Pokemon Name: Regigigas
Role: Uber-level Pokemon balanced by a hindering ability
Stat Changes: +20 Special Attack, -10 Defense and Special Defense
Ability Changes: Slow Start
Slow Start: 0.8x affected stats, Turn counter does not reset upon switching out, -1 turn for every other Regi in the party
Movepool Changes: +Crush Crip, Dragon Claw, Dragon Pulse, Flash Cannon, Ice Beam, Meteor Mash, Outrage, Power Gem, Stealth Rock, Tri Attack
Crush Crip: 100 BP Normal type Thunderous Kick clone
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Slow Start is now easier than ever to shed off, and once it is you have yourself a real monster of an attacker with an even more insane movepool.

Due to the nature of this submission when voting comes you must vote for it as one thing: It's all or nothing with this bad boy. #FreeRegimeta

Last edited:
Pokemon Name: Galarian Slowking
Role: Trick Room Nasty Plot Sweeper
Stat Changes (if any): +10 Def, -10 Atk
Ability Changes (If Any): Curious Medicine/Own Tempo/Regenerator (HA)
Curious Medicine Now Removes Status Conditions as well as Stat Changes, though affects opponent as well
Movepool Changes (If Any): +Recover
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Slowking, now with a Viable Recovery move, can work well in most Trick Room Teams Due to Base 30 Speed, High Defenses, and good 110 Special Attack. The Curious Medicine Gains both a Buff in Status Conditions now being erased on switch-in, though this affects the opponent also. It still has Nasty Plot to Boost.
Slowking-Galar @ Expert Belt
Ability: Curious Medicine
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Recover
- Eerie Spell
- Sludge Wave

Pokemon Name: Galarian Arcticuno
Role:
Mid Speed Special Sweeper without needing to boost
Stat Changes (If Any): +10 Def, +5 Sp.Atk
Ability Changes (If Any): Competitive/Pressure
Movepool Changes (If Any): +
Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?:
With a great ability in Competitive, Articuno can reliably use moves like Freezing Glare, the new moves Dark Pulse and Aura Sphere, and Hurricane to sweep. Pressure is there if you want to play it Defensively, using Screens and other things.

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
garticuno_2x.png

Pokemon Name: Articuno-Galar
Abilities: Pressure | HA: Competitive
Role: Strong Wallbreaking Special Psychic type
Movepool Changes: +Roost, Ice Beam, Focus Blast
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: GalatypinArticuno having actually serviceable coverage allows to now operate as a strong NP or Specs wallbreaker. Its speed tier is also solid enough to serve as a Choice Scarf user.

2902.png

Pokemon Name: Zapdos-Galar
Abilities: Pressure | HA: Defiant
Role: Strong Wallbreaking Flying type
Movepool Changes: +Roost, Wild Charge, High Jump Kick
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Galarian Zapdos's typing gives it a rare offensive typing not shared with anything other than Hawlucha, which operates as a different Pokémon functionally. Its a strong breaker, but still has problems tackling Fat fairies without a boosting item, and with Band or LO its extremely easy to wear down.

2903.png

Pokemon Name: Moltres-Galar
Abilities: Pressure | HA: Beserk
Role: Bulky Set up sweeping Flying type
Movepool Changes: +Roost, Power Trip, Flamethrower, Bulk Up
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Galarian Moltres is a stat buffing sweeper through and through. It can go for a NP set like what it runs in standard, or it can go all in on a Bulk Up Power Trip set. The latter is walled by Clefable, and NP sets struggle with most SpD walls in general. Its still an excellent sweeper onxe all of its main counters are dealt with.

Pokemon Name: Zapdos-Galar
Abilities: Pressure | HA: Defiant
Role: Strong Wallbreaking Flying type
Movepool Changes: +Roost, Wild Charge, High Jump Kick
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Galarian Zapdos's typing gives it a rare offensive typing not shared with anything other than Hawlucha, which operates as a different Pokémon functionally. Its a strong breaker, but still has problems tackling Fat fairies without a boosting item, and with Band or LO its extremely easy to wear down.

Ema Skye

Work!
Hoping it isn't too late to submit!

Pokemon Name: Aurorus
Role: Set Up Sweeper with Priority Immunity
Abilities: Refrigerate / Snow Warning | Dazzling
Stat Changes: +7 Spe (base 65), +7 SpA (base 106) (new BST: 535)
New Moves: Rock Polish (previously transfer-only), Power Gem
What Sets It Apart: This is obviously a Pokemon that needs a lot of help, but I'm hoping that these simple changes really give it a role.
  • Auroras are dazzling, so I figured this makes sense. This gives it some crucial immunities to Bullet Punch, Aqua Jet, Grassy Glide and Mach Punch.
  • This pairs well with Rock Polish, as it can boost up without worrying about being revenged. A Rock Polish puts it at 502, outspeeding scarf Chomp.
  • It has some good coverage already. Freeze-Dry obviously does a lot, and it has Thunderbolt and Earth Power for more options. I gave it Power Gem for a special Rock STAB. BoltBeam will be the preferred option most of the time, so you could go with Calm Mind for a 'dual dance' set if you want.

and it's counterpart.

Pokemon Name: Tyrantrum
Role: Brutal Choice Scarf or Dragon Dance attacker
Abilities: Strong Jaw / Reckless | Rock Head
Stat Changes: +5 Spe (base 76), +9 Atk (base 130) [New BST: 535]
New Moves: None
What Sets It Apart: Recoil-less Head Smash is an obvious selling point, and gives it something immediately different from other dragons. Nothing much has changed, but nothing really needed to. Slap a Choice Scarf on and spam Head Smash. Outrage and Close Combat give it more options, and idk what the fourth move could be.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Ok so while we're voting, here's one more proposition I'd like to make.

Thoughts on automatically including every currently unavailable Galar Pokemon, ie the Galarian forms and new Pokemon added into the DLCs we don't already got? It'd be a bit strange to have a meta called "Perfect Galar" where all of the introductions from Galar aren't available. For reference this would add:

-Zarude
-Both Urshifu forms
-Spectrier
-Glastrier
-Calyrex

Of course, all of these would get balance changes to more suit the meta in its current state.

Just as a refresher: We are using the Galar Pokedex + the original batch of HOME Pokemon ONLY with a handful of selected DLC Pokemon by submitters. This isn't IoA, nor CT, just that original meta with these changes. I see people makin that mistake still so thought I'd clarify.

Ok so while we're voting, here's one more proposition I'd like to make.

Thoughts on automatically including every currently unavailable Galar Pokemon, ie the Galarian forms and new Pokemon added into the DLCs we don't already got? It'd be a bit strange to have a meta called "Perfect Galar" where all of the introductions from Galar aren't available. For reference this would add:

-Zarude
-Both Urshifu forms
-Spectrier
-Glastrier
-Calyrex

Of course, all of these would get balance changes to more suit the meta in its current state.

Just as a refresher: We are using the Galar Pokedex + the original batch of HOME Pokemon ONLY with a handful of selected DLC Pokemon by submitters. This isn't IoA, nor CT, just that original meta with these changes. I see people makin that mistake still so thought I'd clarify.
I'm down, so long as Spectrier and Wicked Blow get nerfed.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Well, that was kind of a blowout. My Regipost and G-luke's Galarian Birds are the winners here, followed by UltraFinder's Galarian Slowking and Dilasc's Crobat as 2nd place winners!

Yung Dramps' Regipost 4
G-Luke's Galarian Birds 4

TheUltraFinder's Galarian Slowking 2
Dilasc's Crobat 2

Dilasc's Altaria 1

But wait, there's more! Since my idea of adding in all the remaining Galar originals has only gotten the thumbs up or at most silence, it's time for me to go through with it!

Single Strike:
Wicked Blow nerfed to 75 BP
-Sucker Punch

Rapid Strike:
100 / 115 / 80 / 63 / 80 / 112
-Aqua Jet

+Knock Off
Jungle Healing: Synthesis clone with 75% healing in Grassy Terrain

+Glacial Lance, Ice Shard, Trick Room
Glacial Lance: Only 100 BP when used by base Glastrier

Grim Neigh: Intimidate clone that lowers foe's Special Attack
+Astral Barrage, Extrasensory, Giga Drain
Astral Barrage: Only 100 BP when used by base Spectrier

Ice Rider
Shadow Rider

Aside from the Rider forms getting the respective new moves from the horses, none of them are altered, not even base Calyrex as he's sort of supposed to be shit not unlike Magikarp

One last question: I wanna do a tournament soon. What format would you guys prefer, draft league or a standard bracket-based affair?

EDIT: Oh yeah forgot to mention

Urshifu Sprite

+15 Attack, +10 Defense and +25 Special Defense

Urshifu Sprite

+10 Attack, +5 Defense, +5 Special Defense and +30 Speed

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Slate #10: Emergency Revamps #2!

The very first slate of this mod was dubbed "Emergency Revamps" and was about souping up the suckiest of suck. For the tenth slate we're bringing it full circle by giving that idea another whirl! This time the rules will be different tho: Instead of a BST threshold, the eligible mons for this slate are the ones who are currently below PU in Smogon tiering that are in the current pool of usable Pokemon in who haven't already gotten some kind of big buff!

Remember, don't sweat it trying to make these guys top-tier OU. Just make sure they're fun, distinct and interesting to use compared to their current incarnations!

Beartic
Beheeyem
Cherrim
Corsola
Delibird
Dubwool
Eiscue
Falinks
Farfetch'd
Glalie
Gourgeist
Grapploct
Greedent
Heatmor
Lunatone
Maractus
Mawile
Mr. Mime
Musharna
Octillery
Oranguru
Raichu
Rapidash-Galar
Shedinja
Shiinotic
Solrock
Sudowoodo
Vespiquen
Wailord
Whiscash

Pokemon Name: Battle Kirby :ss/falinks:
Role: No Retreat abuser
Stat Changes: None.
Ability Changes (If Any):
No Retreat now is a Geomancy clone, charging and then boosting attack, defense, and speed two stages, then trapping the user.
+Power Trip (Cuz +2 0 Atk Falinks Power Trip (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 107-127 (35.1 - 41.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO)
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?:
No retreat is a signature move... But even so, Falinks Battle Kirby now has access to the new No Retreat, making it Baby Physical Xerneas (BTW, Xerneas has the same Atk and SpA. You'd think the bringer of life would be a special attacker, but nope.)

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Pokemon Name: Rapidash-Galar
Role: Physical Poison Killer Fairy type
Stat Changes: 65 / 120 (+20) / 60 (-10) / 70 (-10) / 100 (+20) / 110 (+5) (525 BST)*
*Vanilla Rapidash receives the same stat changes to keep on par BST-wise but otherwise gets no other buffs
Ability Changes: Pastel Veil
Pastel Veil: Offers total immunity to all Poison moves
Movepool Changes: Play Rough, Psycho Cut, Zen Headbutt
Play Rough: 100% accurate
Psycho Cut: 90 BP
Zen Headbutt: 100% accurate
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Rapidash-Galar easily stands apart from other Psychic/Fairies like Hatterene, Gardevoir and Mr. Mime by being a physical attacker, one with an even bigger advantage against Poison types due to the buffed Pastel Veil. The move buffs are there because fuck 90% accuracy moves and weak-ass Psycho Cut

Pokemon Name: Beartic
Role: Physical Hail OR Rain sweeper
Stat Changes: 95 / 130 / 80 / 70 / 80 / 80 (+30) (535 BST)
Movepool Changes: +Avalanche, Earthquake, Icicle Crash, Thunder Punch
Avalanche: 65 BP, neutral priority, double power in Hail
Icicle Crash: 100% accurate, 20% flinch chance
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Finally, an actually good Hail sweeper, aside from Arctozolt. Compared to that Pokemon though it has higher overall power aside from one big nuke, especially with its Ice attacks, as well as a better speed tier pre-Hail/Rain. Lack of priority aside from Aqua Jet as well as lower bulk alongside its good traits keeps it distinct from Glastrier, and its extra blistering speed under the weather of the player's choice, access to Swords Dance and a decent physical coverage move for Water types in Thunder Punch sets it apart from Darmanitan-Galar and Mamoswine.

Pokemon Name: Shedinja
Role: Attacker with extremely bizarre, unique defensive utility because of its singular Hit Point and Wonder Guard
Stat Changes: 1 / 100 (+10) / 5 (-40) / 110 (+80) / 5 (-15) / 44 (+4) (265 BST)
Movepool Changes: +Aura Sphere, Energy Ball, Haze, Head Smash, Nasty Plot, Parting Shot, Skitter Smack, Swords Dance (Compatibility issues resolved)
Skitter Smack: 80 BP, 100% accurate
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Not much to say here really: Shedinja is already such a fascinating Pokemon conceptually, so all I did was just make it do the same stuff it's always done but much better.

Last edited:
Sun and Moon it is.

Pokemon Name: Lunatone
Role: Shell Smasher, Floating Hazard Setter
Stat Changes (If Any): 95(+5)/50(-5)/65/110(+15)/85/105(+30) (510)
Ability Changes (If Any): Levitate
Movepool Changes (If Any): Steam Eruption, Shell Smash, Spikes
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: With steam vault water from the moon (its Pokemon logic), Lunatone has a unique role all its own. STAB Stored Power Shell Smash is unshared.. Tea ghost doesn't get STAB! It can also return to its old role as a SR and Trick Room setter with a little more durability and newly gained access to spikes.

Pokemon Name: Solrock
Role: Shell Smasher, Floating Hazard Setter
Stat Changes (If Any): 95(+5)/110(+15)/85/50(-5)/65/105(+30) (510)
Ability Changes (If Any): Levitate
Movepool Changes (If Any): Shell Smash, Pyroball, Spikes
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Throwing a powerful rock made of fire with a Shell Smash and It can also return to its old role as a SR and Trick Room setter with a little more durability and newly gained access to spikes.

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Sun and Moon it is.

Pokemon Name: Lunatone
Role: Shell Smasher, Rain Setter
Stat Changes (If Any): 95(+5)/50(-5)/65/110(+15)/85/105(+30) (510)
Ability Changes (If Any): Levitate (Drizzle)
Movepool Changes (If Any): Surf, Shell Smash, Brine
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: With water from the moon, Lunatone has a unique role all its own. Stored Power Shell Smash is unshared... at least as a STAB option. Tea ghost doesn't count! It can also set rain and call the tides in, or just use Weather Ball. Cant go wrong with this Based Moon, which is better than a Moon Base.

Pokemon Name: Solrock
Role: Shell Smasher, Sun Setter
Stat Changes (If Any): 95(+5)/110(+15)/85/50(-5)/65/105(+30) (510)
Ability Changes (If Any): Levitate (Drought)
Movepool Changes (If Any): Sacred Fire, Shell Smash, Pyroball
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Sun without a Stealth Rock weakness on a non-Uber with Shell Smash? Well yes. It's still got an awful defensive type and calls in Sucker Punches for free. But it has far more utility than before.
I dunno... This feels like too radical of a change up from their original roles as immunity-based hazard setters/attackers on their respective sides of the spectrum. Giving a Moon-based Pokemon Drizzle is a pretty big stretch and Solrock getting both Sacred Fire and Pyro Ball seems weird and arbitrary especially considering you didn't give Lunatone anywhere near as good/rare moves. I'd advise reconsidering this submission a bit

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
:ss/Octillery:
Pokemon Name: Octillery
Role: Physical/Special Wallbreaker
Stat Changes (If Any): 75 / 105 / 75 / 105 / 75 / 65 (+20)
Ability Changes (If Any): Suction Cups/Sniper/Sheer Force
Movepool Changes (If Any): Flip Turn, Recover
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Has a ton of coverage now boosted by Sheer Force. Unlike Nidoking, a similar Pokemon, Octillery gets STAB Flip Turn, Recover for longevity, and has the ability to run a physical or special set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)