Gen 8 Starter Discussion.

Inteleon is the best starter period

Edit: Firebot mods pls don't lock this thread, we definately can have a respectful conversation in the section of smogon all about crapposting

Edit2: Forgot this was Smogoff and not Firebot

Last edited:
both cinderace and inteleon are horrible abominations that make me uncomfortable that they're actual real pokémon. so rillaboom kinda wins by proxy...

Yeah, ummm...
We've always had mons like that, the ones that make you think the artists had a good design, but that one worker vomited on it.

I really fail to get gen 8 starterbashing though. We've had other bipedal starters who really just look like an animal+a concept rather than an animal+a type+mythical creature inspiration and these starters were fairly well recieved. What changed?

btw, just gonna add that I find Inteleon pulled this off best in design and the finger guns are epic. If only those bad guys in American Yu-gi-oh had those

I chose Scorbunny during my gameplay but when I faced Leon in the finals, I thought Inteleon looked so cool with those handgun taunts. I guess I prefer Inteleon's handgun squirts over Cinderace's football kicks and Rillaboom's drums.

Zephyri

put on your headphones and burn my city
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
both cinderace and inteleon are horrible abominations that make me uncomfortable that they're actual real pokémon. so rillaboom kinda wins by proxy...
Hard agree with this, inteleon and cinderace look like a lizard and bunny doing dress-up for halloween while rilla actually feels like it could exist (note that i'm not saying i like rillaboom, just saying that it's the only "alright" one)

They all have cool designs. In regards to Gigantamax, Rillabooms is the coolest. Cinderace gets long ears and a big fireball. Inteleon gets a pillar of water and a water sniper. RILLABOOM gets a ginormous drum that he becomes a part of, and four giant grass arms with more drum sticks to hit his massive drum set with.

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I will NEVER and I repeat, NEVER forgive GameFreak for what they did to Sobble. How could they ruin such a perfect mon and turn it into such an abomination??? I was so excited for Sobble when it was announced, but as soon as Inteleon leaked, all my dreams were shattered. I can't believe someone looked at Inteleon and said "yes, this is good". And thus, the grookey line became my starters of choice in SS. I just couldn't bring myself to evolve Sobble into this disgusting thing. Thanks for coming to my rant. Also I really like Thwackey. First time I like the middle evos more than the first/last ones.
Thwackey (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)