Tournament [Gen 9] A Duomod Randbats tour ANYONE could win ($40 Prize Pool, won by Gekokeso!)

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
1674828512139.png

Hello and welcome to the first Generation 9 Duomod tournament! With DH being in a weird spot and a few regular things slowing down in our subforum because of it, I felt like another one of these could be nice to pass the time.

If you haven't played it before, Duomod is an extremely casual format where at the end of each turn, something random happens. You could be forced to switch out, a random field effect could be set up, both players could spontaneously explode, and so on. The appeal's kinda like Mario Party in the sense that it's so chaotic that you can't hate it. There's also around 30 Fakemon you're forced to use, but there have been a few things added to make them a bit easier to learn about that you'll see later on.

HOWEVER! I like treating Duomod tournaments as a big spectacle more than a competitive event, so there's a twist! In addition to everything I just said, there's a "Player Wheel" that rolls before every round. There'll be something random that happens to every player - they might be able to choose their next opponent, give themselves some big advantage next round, or possibly even reinvite players who have previously been eliminated.

If you don't want to join because you think you'll do badly, don't worry! Nobody's really sunk too much time into this mod, this is going to be an RNG fest to begin with, and not even those who played Gen 8 are going to have a big advantage because how different the mod's gotten between gens. Even if you get out early on, there's nothing stopping you from being reinvited to the tournament later after getting more practice. And I'm more than welcome to answer any questions you may have about the mod!

Otherwise, here's some important stuff to mention...
- Click here for a list of every move and item I've seen a Pokemon have in Randbats. Might not cover everything so expect this link to change!
- If you want to know what each Pokemon, move, and so on does, here's a spreadsheet and here's the mod's main thread.
- All matches will be best of 3, and unless stated otherwise, will be played on Dragon Heaven.
- The main format here will be Gen 9 Duomod Randbats, but if you want, you can ask your opponent to agree to play the NON randbats equivalent, that just being Gen 9 Duomod. Both of you have to agree to it, and if one person doesn't want to, you have to play Randbats.
- This tournament is single elimination, but if you lose a match, it's not over! Someone else's Player Wheel effect may add you back into the tournament even if you got eliminated. I'll message you if this ends up being the case.
- This mod hasn't been overly playtested for balance yet. I think I got MOST things to a decent state, but balance changes still might happen during the tournament. Leads me to my next point...
- This is a mod you should expect to change as you play it. If you want to suggest a change for balance or fun, lemme know!
- Please go into this expecting some wacky shenanigans to happen during the tournament.
- Oh yeah, the winner gets 20 US dollars. If you want it, you'll also need a Paypal or Venmo to accept it. If I can't work something out with the winner, it'll go to the next highest placement.
- Update: Thanks to Lord Zorz's generous donation, the prize pool has gone up from $20 to $40! The winner of the tournament will receive $30 and the runner-up will receive $10. Make sure you have a Paypal, Venmo, or some other way to accept the money!

In order to join, please type "in" in this thread before Friday, February 3rd, at 11:59 PM EST. While not required, it'd be great if you could join this Discord server to more easily communicate with everyone playing and get some practice games in.

If this is not updated just lemme know

Currently In -
- Ema Skye
- Gekokeso
- Paulluxx
- Turtlek

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)