SV OU Gen 9 OU: Death by a thousand cuts

So, I got an idea from a youtuber doing Scarlet/Violet jank playthrough and decided to try to make a team of off one of his principles: Sandstorm.
I wanted to get access to both Sandstorm and Hail, so I have two pokemon for that. The rest are designed to be defensive and heal themselves, only to be swapped out to either reset weather or for type matchups.

You'll see a lot of leftovers on the team. Had to raid a couple families' refrigerators to get all the leftovers needed! But it does help with life expectancy, especially since most of them will be hurt by the weather effects.

Keep in mind; I've been playing this for maybe an hour and a half, and realizing this is very much a weak set up.

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sandstorm
- Substitute
- Crunch
- Rock Slide

This was my first idea. Go in to sandstorm, have some attacks to help out, and sandstorm move to refresh if he's somehow still there. I gave him high defenses so as to help him survive.

Abomasnow @ Never-Melt Ice
Ability: Snow Warning
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Protect
- Giga Drain
- Blizzard

This is the snow guy. Sadly Hail is banned so he's just going to have to take Protect instead. He also has two attacks, with STAB bonus on each because it helps. More high defenses, and Never-Melt Ice was just the item I picked to help in case he needs to attack.

Hatterene (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Healer
Impish Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Protect
- Rest

My attempt at a special defensive. Twin wall is always a good setup, especially since I want to play defensively. I run protect as much as possible, usually switching between that and a healing move to get maximum use out of my defensive builds.

Avalugg @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
- Iron Defense
- Substitute
- Avalanche
- Ice Fang

The physical defender. He just needs to tank hits. High HP so as to allow him to work against special attackers, but should do fine against physicals.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Light Screen
- Substitute

I wanted someone who could heal more than the leftovers, and she works well! She doubles as a special defense, and being able to combo Substitute and Soft-Boiled works very well!

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Healer
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Calm Mind
- Light Screen
- Substitute

Honestly just needed a sixth member. More special defense. Another protect stall. And was hoping to use Baton Pass, but instead got Calm mind to help out.

honestly everyone here seems like a sitting duck
this is like a stall where everyone just stands there and does nothing except waste turns
why is hatt not running magic bounce?
why is alomomola not running regen?
why is avalugg not sturdy (wit it)?
why is blissey and abomasnow even there???

honestly everyone here seems like a sitting duck
this is like a stall where everyone just stands there and does nothing except waste turns
That's the point. Kill with weather.

why is hatt not running magic bounce?
I didn't think of that! More enemy turns wasted!

why is alomomola not running regen?
I thought that was a hidden ability?

why is avalugg not sturdy (wit it)?
Hidden ability?

why is blissey and abomasnow even there???
Blissey heal's a lot and Abomasnow does snow, so that I can hit pokemon not affected by sand.

In fact TSS was a very viable tactic in ADV, to transfer this in 9g I think a core with those can work:
Alomola to WishPass, Regenerator if you can
Tytar to weaken
Clodsire to Toxic, set Tspikes, it’ immune to sand.
Ting Lu can set hazards
Gholdengo is also immune to sand and help hazards not being removed
Avalugg is viable with Recover, Spin and Body Press

It really seems like a troll though

i would LOVE to believe that he's trolling considering that most of his team has 0 attacking/status moves
no good abilities and basically every single mon has protect

I thought that was a hidden ability?

Hidden ability?
you can use hidden abilities too yk

Giyu

Tomioka
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
i would LOVE to believe that he's trolling considering that most of his team has 0 attacking/status moves
no good abilities and basically every single mon has protect

you can use hidden abilities too yk
They mentioned this is a playthrough of the actual game, they will probably hesitate using Hidden Abilities due to obtainability.

They mentioned this is a playthrough of the actual game, they will probably hesitate using Hidden Abilities due to obtainability.
It's based on a playthrough, I want to try to use the tactic in competitive. I'm not trying to troll, just doing something weird/stupid/unconventional

Giyu

Tomioka
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
It's based on a playthrough, I want to try to use the tactic in competitive. I'm not trying to troll, just doing something weird/stupid/unconventional
Well, if you want your team rated, weird/stupid/unconventional strategies will most likely be changed by the raters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)