If I can count right, Metagross/Gengar/Latios has a BST in aggregate of 1700. How do you deal with battles in which you don't win the tie? Is it just 'luck' that you don't need to tie them?Reporting an ongoing streak of 100 tournaments in Dome Doubles. Heavily inspired by GOSCIZOR post, I decided to modify his team to further take advantage of the newly discovered tie and 3IV mechanics in the Dome. Since you never fight Tucker in Doubles, you can go all out with forcing a tie if your BST is high enough:
Metagross @ Choice Band
6HP / 252Atk / 252Spe
- Hidden Power Steel
- Shadow Ball
- Has a decent chance to KO everything except Aggron and Ghost-types
- Jolly is needed to outspeed scary Fire-Types with 3IVs (Arcanince, Houndoom and Rapidash)
- Unfortunately still gets outsped by Entei, Charizard, Typhlosion and Ninetales
- I run Shadow Ball over Aerial Ace since Gengar takes care of evasion boosters with Destiny Bond
Gengar @ White Herb
12HP / 220Atk / 50SpA / 228Spe
- Destiny Bond
- Hidden Power Grass
- The Atk investment is so that Explosion kills even the bulkiest thing that could outspeed and KO Metagross (which is Entei).
- Substitute and Destiny Bond make sure you can almost always force a tie if you get at least one kill, which is incredibly easy with this team.
- While Substitute lets it tie all 1v1 situations, Explosion is strong enough to even tie most 1v2s if neeeded.
- Hidden Power Grass kills Quagsire, which is the only Damp mon that Latios can't kill in a single hit. As an added benefit, it also kills Rhydon which can become scary with QC.
Latios @ Lum Berry
44HP / 26Def / 252SpA / 188Spe
- Ice Beam
While I mostly go with Gengar + Metagross, all 3 team combinations have some use. Latios + Gengar can be immune to Fake Out with Protect and it's also a guaranteed win if Latios can kill at least 2 out of the three opposing mons in one hit. Latios + Metagross is nice if there is something that could threaten Gengar with QC.
- In theory, there are better mons to fit the strategy of the team, like Follow Me/Fake Out/Destiny Bond/Endure Smeargle, Fake Out/Explosion/Protect/HP Grass Shiftry or even GOSCIZOR Sableye set, but they all have too low BST to guarantee winning all the ties.
- Latios is still very nice because it KO's most Damp users, has Levitate and outspeeds everything bar Jolteon-4 (Timid is needed because otherwise Crobat 3 and 4 become scary threats.
- Psychic kills Gengar which is the only Ghost that Metagross can't outspeed and kill with Shadow Ball (Misdreavus-4 is a tie, but it's not really a threat.