Gen IV OU Team (

I battled a few times with my friends, and it seems this team has high win rate facing few different teams (or maybe their teams didn't do so well?). I would like this team to be rated, thanks :)

1. Metagross - Lum berry
Adamant 252HP 252ATK 6SPE
-Stealth Rock
-Bullet Punch
-Earthquake
-Explosion
This is my leading pokemon, mainly to set up stealth rock. Bullet punch and lum berry is there to counter against leading spore smeargle. Earthquake to deal some damage, and explosion to kill one annoying pokemon. Can switch to heatran to deal with fire or to rotom/skarmory for earthquake users

2. Blissey - Leftovers
Bold 252HP 252DEF 6SPE
-Softboiled
-Seismic Toss
-Thunder Wave
-Aromatherapy
Classic special wall support blissey, I prefer thunderwave to cut opponent's speed, nothing much to say about this one.

3. Heatran - Choice Scarf
Impish 252ATK 6SPD 252SPE
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Pulse
- Earth Power
- Explosion
Used mainly switch in into predicted fire moves, and counter with earth power. Flamethrower to deal with most steel type especially scizor. Dragon pulse is used to counter dragon types switch-ins. Great explosion user with it scarfed speed.

4. Rotom - F - Leftovers
Bold 252HP 122DEF 136SPE
- Thunderbold
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Blizzard
A rapid spin blocker, predicted earthquake/fight moves switch-in, can deal with bulky water quite well, usually used to force opponent to switch. Blizzard to deal with most dragons and thunderbolt to deal with gyarados, skarmory, or just deal damage. Switch into blissey to deal with gengar or starmie.

5. Scizor - Choice Band
Adamant 250HP 252ATK 8SPE
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit
Used to scout with u-turn or revenge kill with bullet punch or pursuit. Also my main physical sweeper on the team, with superpower to take down tyranitar, blissey, or scizor. Can switch to heatran for fire types.

6. Skarmory - Shed Shell
Impish 252HP 242DEF 16SPE
- Spikes
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
My main physical wall, usually to take whatever the opponent do to rotom (crunch, night slash). A good spike setup user, can whirlwind switch-in counters, and heal with Roost for major annoyance, and switch to heatran to deal with fire types. Haven't found real use of brave bird though, except for dealing with shedinja(which usually just die by SR) and heracross.

I think I'm gonna have trouble dealing with swampert(never battled one), and fairly easy to be predicted on switch (at least my friend does)

I battled a few times with my friends, and it seems this team has high win rate facing few different teams (or maybe their teams didn't do so well?). I would like this team to be rated, thanks :)

1. Metagross - Lum berry
Adamant 252HP 252ATK 6SPE
-Stealth Rock
-Bullet Punch
-Earthquake
-Explosion
This is my leading pokemon, mainly to set up stealth rock. Bullet punch and lum berry is there to counter against leading spore smeargle. Can switch to heatran to deal with fire or to rotom/skarmory for earthquake users.
I don't think 'Gross would be happy after switching into a fire/ground attack. The lead in general is good though.

2. Blissey - Leftovers
Bold 252HP 252DEF 6SPE
-Softboiled
-Seismic Toss
-Thunder Wave
-Aromatherapy
Classic special wall support blissey, I prefer thunderwave to cut opponent's speed, nothing much to say about this one.
Okay, seems nice. Well, it'd be better off with Calm- 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD since it's part of SkarmBliss.

3. Heatran - Choice Scarf
Impish 252ATK 6SPD 252SPE
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Pulse
- Earth Power
- Explosion
Used mainly switch in into predicted fire moves, and counter with earth power. Also used to counter dragon types or any switch-ins with dragon pulse and a great explosion user with it scarfed speed.
Uhmm, I hope you meant something like 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe. The attack isn't doing anything for it besides explosion, while Heatran would definetely benifit from either Timid or Naive.

4. Rotom - F - Leftovers
Bold 252HP 122DEF 136SPE
- Thunderbolt
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Blizzard
A rapid spin blocker, predicted earthquake/fight moves switch-in, can deal with bulky water quite well, usually used to force opponent to switch. Switch into blissey to deal with gengar or starmie.
The accuracy of Blizzard is definetley a problem. If you have troubles with Swamperet, why not run Rotom-M? Like...

Mowing-mon @ Life Orb / Choice Specs
Timid- 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Leaf Storm
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power Fire

Definetley deals with whatever your friends try to hit you with. The item choice is up to you, power or move choice.

5. Scizor - Choice Band
Adamant 250HP 252ATK 8SPE
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit
Used to scout with u-turn or revenge kill with bullet punch or pursuit. Also my main physical sweeper on the team, with good type coverage, can switch to heatran for fire types.
Nice, but if you want more consistency, replace Superpower with Brick Break.

6. Skarmory - Shed Shell
Impish 252HP 242DEF 16SPE
- Spikes
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
My main physical wall, usually to take whatever the opponent do to rotom (crunch, night slash). A good spike setup user, can whirlwind switch-in counters, and heal with Roost for major annoyance, and switch to heatran to deal with fire types.
This seems good, although I'm unsure as to what the speed is for.

I think I'm gonna have trouble dealing with swampert(never battled one), and fairly easy to be predicted on switch (at least my friend does)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)