Gen V STABmons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another huge threat is mono-attacker Yanmega with tinted lens. In rain using a set of Sub, Roost, Quiver Dance, and Hurricane you can wreck shit.
I'd like to try that.

For Durant, use this set:

Durant (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Hustle
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
IVs: 0 SpA
-Hone Claws
-Meteor Mash
-Megahorn
-Superpower

The two STABs mentioned before, Hone Claws, and Superpower as a coverage move (HJK would be better...).

That set doesnt give it much else than it's regular RU set meaning it will be as bad in OU as it is normally. Giving it some higher BP moves wont fix Durant.

Durant is workable abusing Shift Gear to outspeed pretty much anything and getting an attack boost in the process, but it probably cant be run with Hustle and Swarm should indeed be preferred, altho I think you're better off with other Shift Gearers.

i personally use jirachi with the moves: Shift gear, iron head (flinch), heart stamp (psychic and it causes flinch), last move i swap between body slam/fire punch/thunderpunch either lum or lefties as an item

EV

Banned deucer.
Does Delcatty get every move in the game because of its ability, normalise?

Why didn't I ever address this?

Delcatty as an alternative to Smeargle. Imagine.

EeveeGeneral: should i make delcatty into smeargle since it has normalize?
EeveeGeneral: or is that TOO crazy?
Adrian Marin.test: o.o
Adrian Marin.test: Super crazy
EeveeGeneral: yeah i'm drunk on ideas
+Adrian Marin.test: !data delcatty
Adrian Marin.test: Wow
EeveeGeneral: how fast is smeargle?
Adrian Marin.test: 75 base speed
+Adrian Marin.test: !data smeargle
EeveeGeneral: dang
Adrian Marin.test: At least delcatty has better bulk
EeveeGeneral: well, you're one of my original collaborators on this...
EeveeGeneral: my 'inner circle of advisers'
EeveeGeneral: i should make one, for votes and such...
EeveeGeneral: when it comes time to bans... like a senate...
EeveeGeneral: there i go, drunk on ideas again
Adrian Marin.test: Back
Adrian Marin.test: Really? that means something
Adrian Marin.test: Happy to help
EeveeGeneral: i'll brood over this
Adrian Marin.test: Hmm
Adrian Marin.test: Thinking of ideas
Adrian Marin.test: But if you add more stuff
Adrian Marin.test: Then STABmons is killed
EeveeGeneral: the simpler the better
Adrian Marin.test: Exactly
EeveeGeneral: this is why i ask my fwends

So, let's not.

canno

formerly The Reptile
imo, Delcatty shouldn't get all the moves, since the moves aren't Normal-type to begin with, they are converted to Normal-type moves. When Delcatty uses Thunder Wave, it turns from Electric-type to Normal-type. However, this does not mean that Delcatty should learn Zap Cannon, since it does not do so originally.

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
Yeah, it doesn't make sense, it's ability normalises every move it has, but it's still a normal type, should get only normal moves.

And yeah, I considered Swarm first, but then I thought it would lose out on the extra firepower Metagross and Scizor have. Cobalion is a nice idea though. Unlike Lucario, it has the speed to abuse it, even it doesn't have the firepower right away, and better defenses.

A +2 Gear Grind from Cobalion did shit damage to my Gliscor tho. Cobalion can definetely work as a late game cleaner with Shift Gear after you eliminate or weaken his counters (Gliscor, Gyarados, Jellicent, Slowbro, Tentacruel most notably) and some defensive walls (Hippowdon, Tangrowth,...) but bring it in too soon and you'll most probably find yourself horribly walled. Therefore there are better abusers that don't have to deal with a 90 Attack Stat and have more chances to setup.

SpartanMalice

Lucario's problem is its frailty. Whereas Metagross can setup twice, he can't. However, it could probably use Focus Sash since it doesn't take Sandstorm damage, but you'd have to take care of rocks first. Once that's done it can be a nuke with CC, and extremespeed/bullet punch/vaccum wave for even faster threats as long as they don't resist it. Or, you could use its priority and go with the Swords Dance set, but the priority moves, outside of Espeed, lack the firepower.

EV

Banned deucer.
Does Sand Rush Stoutland with Belly Drum and ExtremeSpeed, Crunch, and Nature Power not sound terrifying to anyone? Maybe Sweet Kiss over a coverage move for setup. Lum to block Prankster Dark Void. I'm gonna get on the servers tomorrow and test that out. Just get rid of some counters (Gliscor, Forretress, Ferrothorn) and go.

SpartanMalice

It has the bulk to run swords dance over Belly Drum tbh, since I've seen mine survive some hits in OU, belly drum would deter from that, but w/e if it gets a chance to set up nothing can take safe hits from it. Pair it with a Prankster or a fast Sleep Inducer, and give it all the coverage it needs.

Maybe Shell Smash too to outspeed scarfed muskeeters who will normally outspeed him.

Scrappy Stoutland can probably run Shell Smash and just spam extremespeed everywhere since it out prioritizes Pranksters, but I think Sand Rush is better.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Another interesting tidbit: STABmons is a metagame where the most powerful turn one attack in Pokémon can be unleashed: Choice Band Guts Ursaring switching into a status move, and firing off Explosion. Anything that doesn't resist it (or is a ghost) will be outright decimated. It deals around 70% damage to fully defensive Steelix. It has an 80% of OHKOing fully defensive Dragonite with a +Def. nature - through Multiscale. It knocks out Deoxys-D two almost times over (dealing a minimum of 170% damage). Standard Shuckle gets the boot 97% of the time. Unless you prepare specifically for it - for instance by KOing Ursaring or using a ghost - anything you throw at it will be crushed.

Snorlax is awesome with Belly drum\shell smash and E-Speed

Snorlax @ Sitrus Berry

Belly Drum
Extreme Speed
Ice Punch/Recover
Thunder Punch/Recover

or defend order + heal order Shuckle

Shuckle @ Leftovers/Lum Berry

Heal Order
Defend Order
Power Split/Toxic
Rollout/Protect

I would use the toxic stall

Snorlax is awesome with Belly drum\shell smash and E-Speed

Snorlax @ Sitrus Berry

Belly Drum
Extreme Speed
Ice Punch/Recover
Thunder Punch/Recover

or defend order + heal order Shuckle

Shuckle @ Leftovers/Lum Berry

Heal Order
Defend Order
Power Split/Toxic
Rollout/Protect

I would use the toxic stall
Snorlax is better off using Swords Dance than Shell Smash, because the special attack and speed boosts don't benefit him anyway. It'll only cost him an item slot for white herb. Still, I think Snorlax is a very potent threat. Dunno what would be better though, belly drum or swords dance.

SpartanMalice

Technically Snorlax should have Belly Drum in the normal meta though. And well, it's better off using Swords Dance. Any physical attack will kill him when he's down to half hp.

I like the ursaring idea, but it has to outspeed the opponent or at least tank a hit. Maybe give it 252 HP/ 252 Attack ?

100th post, and I'm back!

Anyways, I kinda wanna try Cincinno in this meta. Skill Link + Normal type movepool
It's faster than Cloyster after a Smash, and it has E-Speed.
Cincinno might not turn out to be the best, but I might try it anyways.

I've found Specs Gastrodon to be an extremely good Pokemon. It now has access to water spout, and with storm drain he can even boost his special attack even more. He's got nice coverage too with a set of Water Spout / Earth Power / Ice Beam / Surf.

I'll also be on Joims as Gone Like a Whisp if anyone wants to play.

EV

Banned deucer.
I'm Not Like Normal Guys:
A Guide to offensive Normal STAB​

• ||What are we working with?||
Belly Drum: Normal -- Maximizes Attack but halves HP
Shell Smash: Normal -- +2 Attack/Special Attack/Speed, -1 Defense/Special Defense
Swords Dance: Normal -- +2 Attack

How do you choose over the other?
-Belly Drum is preferred if you can disable a foe (Sleep), cause a switch (Intimidate), or aren't too worried about Speed (Chlorophyll/Sand Rush). Of course ExtremeSpeed remedies the issue of Speed unless you're facing a faster Normal-type or Pokémon that also carries ExtremeSpeed.
-Shell Smash is preferred if you want to preserve HP, need +2 Speed, don't mind carrying a White Herb (Huge Power Azumarill), or can attack on the Special side (Meloetta/Espeon/Jolteon).
-Swords Dance is preferred if you don't need Speed (too Slow or can rely on ExtremeSpeed), don't want to lower defenses with Shell Smash and carry White Herb, or can't afford to be at half HP after a Belly Drum.

A lot of Pokémon can work effectively with all 3, however, and will take on different roles depending on your team needs.

• ||Who runs it?||
Belly Drum
Chlorophyll / Sap Sipper / Serene Grace 80/100/70/60/70/95 - Access to: Spore, ExtremeSpeed, Horn Leech, Leaf Blade, Power Whip, Nature Power, Jump Kick
Early Bird / Scrappy / Inner Focus 105/95/80/40/80/90 - Access to: Lovely Kiss, ExtremeSpeed, Drain Punch, Sucker Punch, Explosion
Intimidate / Sand Rush / Scrappy 85/100/90/45/90/80 - Access to: ExtremeSpeed, Crunch, Nature Power, Superpower, Explosion
Intimidate / Reckless 85/120/70/50/50/100 - Access to: ExtremeSpeed, Brave Bird, Acrobatics, Drill Peck, Close Combat, Nature Power
Intimidate / Anger Point / Sheer Force 75/100/95/40/70/110 - Access to: ExtremeSpeed, Nature Power/EQ, Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Rock Climb

Shell Smash
Thick Fat / Huge Power / Sap Sipper 100/50/80/50/80/50 - Access to: ExtremeSpeed, Aqua Jet, Crabhammer, Waterfall, Nature Power, Ice Punch, Superpower
Simple / Unaware / Moody 79/85/60/55/60/71 - Access to: ExtremeSpeed, Aqua Jet, Crabhammer, Waterfall, Nature Power, Superpower
Reckless / Sap Sipper / Soundproof 95/110/95/40/95/55 - Access to: ExtremeSpeed, Nature Power/EQ, Superpower, Stone Edge, Megahorn
Serene Grace 100/77/77/128/128/90 - Access to: Judgment [Fist Plate/Regular], Hyper Voice, Psystrike, Stored Power, Shadow Ball, Lovely Kiss
Synchronize / Magic Bounce 65/65/60/130/95/110 - Access to: Lovely Kiss, Stored Power, Shadow Ball, Psystrike, Judgment [Fist Plate]
Volt Absorb / Quick Feet 65/65/60/110/95/130 - Access to: Lovely Kiss, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Judgment [Icicle Plate], Stored Power, Shadow Ball
Hustle / Serene Grace / Super Luck 85/50/95/120/115/80 - Access to: Lovely Kiss, Aeroblast, Hurricane, Hyper Voice, Judgment [Fist Plate/Regular], Aura Sphere, Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower
Adaptability / Download / Analytic 85/80/70/135/75/90 - Access to: Lovely Kiss, Judgment [Fist Plate/Regular], Hyper Voice, Dark Pulse, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam

Swords Dance
Immunity / Thick Fat / Gluttony 160/110/65/65/110/30 - Access to: ExtremeSpeed, Crunch, Nature Power/EQ, Superpower, Fire Punch, Explosion

Also consider Guts/Toxic Boost
Guts / Quick Feet / Unnerve 90/130/75/75/75/55 - Access to: Fake Out, ExtremeSpeed, Facade, Nature Power, Crunch, Close Combat
Guts / Scrappy 60/85/60/50/50/125 - Access to: Fake Out, ExtremeSpeed, Facade, Nature Power, Brave Bird, Acrobatics, Drill Peck, U-turn
Immunity / Toxic Boost 73/115/60/60/60/90 - Access to: Fake Out, ExtremeSpeed, Facade, Nature Power, Night Slash, Close Combat, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, ThunderPunch
Flash Fire / Guts 65/130/60/95/110/60 - Access to: Fake Out, ExtremeSpeed, Facade, Nature Power, V-create, Flame Charge, Superpower

Minor, but somewhat interesting question: Are the moves learned through level up, or some other means. The only reason this could possibly be relevant is that shedinja would be able to have on flying move of choice it was level up (or all if they are learned on same level, which they might have to be due to level up restrictions.)

I have a good set:
Level 1
Cottonee @ Lum Berry
Prankster
252 HP 252 Spe 4 Def
- Spore
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Protect
Like an enhanced FEAR SubSeed set.

So, swellow got a huge buff in that it got access to nature power to hit the rocks and steels that previously walled it to hell in back. May not be used though, because of the other offensive flying types that somewhat outclass it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)