Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't think that we will ever see a "make your own league" feature in a main pokemon game until the handhelds made by nintendo are as powerfull as a PS4 or the main games are switched to the consoles. To pull it off right, it would make pokemon an open world rpg and that needs a more powerfull console than a 3DS

On the "not gym" thing:
I highly doubt it. For starters, it would be like a Zelda game without a single dungeon. Second, you really think that Pokémon, a series that rarely makes big, super dramatic changes to itself, would, for it's 20th anniversary game, do something like this?

The presumptive leak is right about one or two little things but it still leaves a lot more questions than answers.
Again, the most successful fake leaks always take popular theories as well as a few legit leaks to make itself seem more credible.

i don't think that we will ever see a "make your own league" feature in a main pokemon game until the handhelds made by nintendo are as powerfull as a PS4 or the main games are switched to the consoles. To pull it off right, it would make pokemon an open world rpg and that needs a more powerfull console than a 3DS
Open World RPGs don't require a top-end system. See the earlier Elder Scrolls games.

Such a feature can be done, and it does not even require an open world game.

Last edited:
Also, on the topic of the starter art I just don't like the fur-bait art style of Litten's evolution there, nor the fact that it's shaping up to be easy r34 material another bipedal, possibly fire/fight mon.
It's hot garbage, full stop. Whoever thought it was a good idea needs to be chucked into a pen with a real tiger...

I was just thinking about the supposed final starter evolutions, and the fact that they were specifically named (or rather, translated) into "archer, wrestler, and siren" kind of reminded me of one thing: The final Evos of the Kalos starters were somewhat based off of RPG classes.

Chesnaught: Slow, bulky, physical attacker, with a weaker special defence. Sounds like a Knight to me. Also has Spiky Shield as its signature move, and is known as the "Spiny Armour" Pokemon.
Delphox: Physically frail and somewhat fast special attacker. Definitely fits the characteristics of a Mage. Its signature Mystical Fire also has magical connections. It's signature Magician ability obviously makes sense.
Greninja: Frail on both sides, but super fast, and can throw Water Shurikens? If that isn't a Ninja (or a Thief, at the least), then I don't know what is. Protean might also reference a Ninja's ability to be able to camouflage itself to adapt to its environment. Also, Greninja is able to go both Physical or Special, which could reference how a Ninja can usually be magical by casting special Ninja magic, and can go physical by dual-wielding two different weapons.

So, how does this fit into these leaks? Due to how the Gen 6 starters are quite similar to the typical classes we'd find in RPGs, I think that GameFreak also tried to do something similar with the Gen 7 starters. These are the classes that I think are what the "leaked" final starter evolutions are based on. Note that while there isn't any proof of these leaks being real, there also very well isn't any proof of them being fake as well, unless you're going to count the entire leak as bullshit.

Rowlet: Supposedly an Archer. This makes sense due to the concept artwork we've seen of Rowlet shooting arrows from his wings. The leaked concept art of its supposed final stage shows him using his wings as a bow as well. The Grass/Flying-Type could reference how in some RPGs, the Archer is renamed the "Hunter" or the "Ranger", and has abilities that have to deal with woodland animals, or nature in general. I believe Rowlet was also said to be fast, and while the Archer isn't as fast as a Thief or a Ninja, it typically has one of the faster Agility stats out of all the classes. And no Archer in any RPG I've ever played has been a slouch in terms of physical attacks.

Popplio: Supposedly a Siren. The Siren is typically an enemy in RPGs, but given that the Siren's most deadly weapon is its voice, we can relate this to the Bard class. Learning Disarming Voice is obviously a giveaway, but the fact that we see it as a "Clown Sea Lion" right now, could also resemble the playful nature that other such classes like the Dancer or the Jester would have (the Bard and Dancer are typically related to one another in RPGs). Also, the design makes it look like a Special Attacker, which would make sense because the Bard has really never been physical adept. However, the concept artwork doesn't make Popplio look very fast, which is different because Bards can be decently speedy.

Litten: Supposedly a Wrestler. While there really isn't any proof of this besides the "leaked" concept art, the closest class to a Wrestler would be the Black Belt or the Monk. Litten as a whole seems to be the most "unknown" starter, in that we have no information about its movepool or anything to help us theorise its stats, unlike Popplio and Rowlet, where we've seen in battle shots of them. The only real piece of evidence that I can think of (and it's kind of a stretch) is that when Black Belts aren't fighting barehanded or wielding Nunchaku, they're typically using clawed knuckles as weapons. In fact, the Bagh Nakh (the Hindi name of the traditional clawed knuckled) translates to "Tiger Claw" in English. The Black Belt also tends to be a fast class, and while the final stage doesn't look all that agile, it is a cat after all, and all of the cat based Pokemon have at least been decently fast so far, with the only exceptions being Luxray and Delcatty. The only problem I can see with this is that a Black Belt based Pokemon demands to be Fighting-Type (but at least it wasn't the 4th Fire/Fighting-Type starter in a row, right?) Like I said, a bit of a stretch, but it's the best I could come up with.

So yeah, obviously a lot of stretching, but this is the best I could come up with. Feel free to let me know what you think.

Last edited:
I was just thinking about the supposed final starter evolutions, and the fact that they were specifically named (or rather, translated) into "archer, wrestler, and siren" kind of reminded me of one thing: The final Evos of the Kalos starters were somewhat based off of RPG classes.

Chesnaught: Slow, bulky, physical attacker, with a weaker special defence. Sounds like a Knight to me. Also has Spiky Shield as its signature move, and is known as the "Spiny Armour" Pokemon.
Delphox: Physically frail and somewhat fast special attacker. Definitely fits the characteristics of a Mage. Its signature Mystical Fire also has magical connections. It's signature Magician ability obviously makes sense.
Greninja: Frail on both sides, but super fast, and can throw Water Shurikens? If that isn't a Ninja (or a Thief, at the least), then I don't know what is. Protean might also reference a Ninja's ability to be able to camouflage itself to adapt to its environment. Also, Greninja is able to go both Physical or Special, which could reference how a Ninja can usually be magical by casting special Ninja magic, and can go physical by dual-wielding two different weapons.

So, how does this fit into these leaks? Due to how the Gen 6 starters are quite similar to the typical classes we'd find in RPGs, I think that GameFreak also tried to do something similar with the Gen 7 starters. These are the classes that I think are what the "leaked" final starter evolutions are based on. Note that while there isn't any proof of these leaks being real, there also very well isn't any proof of them being fake as well, unless you're going to count the entire leak as bullshit.

Rowlet: Supposedly an Archer. This makes sense due to the concept artwork we've seen of Rowlet shooting arrows from his wings. The leaked concept art of its supposed final stage shows him using his wings as a bow as well. The Grass/Flying-Type could reference how in some RPGs, the Archer is renamed the "Hunter" or the "Ranger", and has abilities that have to deal with woodland animals, or nature in general. I believe Rowlet was also said to be fast, and while the Archer isn't as fast as a Thief or a Ninja, it typically has one of the faster Agility stats out of all the classes. And no Archer in any RPG I've ever played has been a slouch in terms of physical attacks.

Popplio: Supposedly a Siren. The Siren is typically an enemy in RPGs, but given that the Siren's most deadly weapon is its voice, we can relate this to the Bard class. Learning Disarming Voice is obviously a giveaway, but the fact that we see it as a "Clown Sea Lion" right now, could also resemble the playful nature that other such classes like the Dancer or the Jester would have (the Bard and Dancer are typically related to one another in RPGs). Also, the design makes it look like a Special Attacker, which would make sense because the Bard has really never been physical adept. However, the concept artwork doesn't make Popplio look very fast, which is different because Bards can be decently speedy.

Litten: Supposedly a Wrestler. While there really isn't any proof of this besides the "leaked" concept art, the closest class to a Wrestler would be the Black Belt or the Monk. Litten as a whole seems to be the most "unknown" starter, in that we have no information about its movepool or anything to help us theorise its stats, unlike Popplio and Rowlet, where we've seen in battle shots of them. The only real piece of evidence that I can think of (and it's kind of a stretch) is that when Black Belts aren't fighting barehanded or wielding Nunchaku, they're typically using clawed knuckles as weapons. In fact, the Bagh Nakh (the Hindi name of the traditional clawed knuckled) translates to "Tiger Claw" in English. The Black Belt also tends to be a fast class, and while the final stage doesn't look all that agile, it is a cat after all, and all of the cat based Pokemon have at least been decently fast so far, with the only exceptions being Luxray and Delcatty. The only problem I can see with this is that a Black Belt based Pokemon demands to be Fighting-Type (but at least it wasn't the 4th Fire/Fighting-Type starter in a row, right?) Like I said, a bit of a stretch, but it's the best I could come up with.

So yeah, obviously a lot of stretching, but this is the best I could come up with. Feel free to let me know what you think.
It could also just be plays on the traits of each respectively chosen animal.

Greninja being a ninja could be from the stealth and precision (in bug catching anyway) of frogs.
Delphox could be from the fiery red appearance of a normal fox, and general mysticism surrounding them (see: vulpix/ninetails).
Chesnaught I have no idea, because I don't remember what it's based on.

In a sense, these 'leaks' would be accurate for sake of the fact that:

- Owls are silent and precise, like a sniper.
- Tigers are very physical, hence a wrestler.
- Sea lions are very vocal, like a siren.

But in any case we have no evidence that Litten wants to become a professional wrestler, between confirmed appearance and known moveset - nor that Rowlet wants to become an archer (although I suppose you could say Leafage is an example - but I don't think it exemplifies anything). Popplio just likes making bubbles and playing with beach balls. No official art seems to suggest that it relies on its vocals for anything (disarming voice, yeah, but I'm hoping it just hints a partial Fairy typing).

*Sees discussion of leaks have been approved*

Ego: Hmm, should I read it?
Id: Go ahead! Leaks are just official announcements not made yet!
Super Ego: Or never will be! You promised yourself you wouldn't read leaks to make this game experience feel more genuine, like the first time you played. It's the 20th Anniversary afterall!
Id: Haven't you ever heard the phrase "it's the journey and not the destination"? So what if he knows a bit more than the average Joe going in, he still needs to play through it. Besides many of the people he talks to probably would have read it already.
Super Ego: But remember how surprised you were playing XY when you found Goomy or Begmite for the first time? Or how much you enjoyed the Looker Mission's story? Also what if these leaks are fake? You'd be setting yourself up for disappointment.
Id: Would you listen to yourself? He'll be both disappointed if he reads it and its true and its fake? If it's fake who cares! Just means he can go into the game blind like you want him to do. And if its real why would it be any less exciting, it'll just be an excitement of finally discovering what he read about.
Ego: Okay enough devil and angel! You know what, I'm just going to look at it.
Id: Score one for the the two letter man!
Super Ego: Well we'll see about that.

3. Final Starter Themes: Archer, Wrestler, & Siren. Siren is the Popplio's since its Water/Fairy. But archer and wrestler... well wrestler doesn't fit Rowlet so guess it's archer? But then Litten would be the wrestler, thus Fire/Fighting, and GF would have to be INCREDIBLY STUPID to do another Fire/Fighting starter after the outcry of having 3 in a row. Also I don't see how these themes fit together. Not saying the Starter's final need a theme, but when you're giving them all secondary concepts aside just a stronger version of what they are I kind of expect it to sort of matching. Oh, and once again the siren being Water/Fairy is based on the website having put the Fairy-type logo after the Water, so there's previous existence of the idea.

Confirmed, then.

It could also just be plays on the traits of each respectively chosen animal.

Greninja being a ninja could be from the stealth and precision (in bug catching anyway) of frogs.
Delphox could be from the fiery red appearance of a normal fox, and general mysticism surrounding them (see: vulpix/ninetails).
Chesnaught I have no idea, because I don't remember what it's based on.

In a sense, these 'leaks' would be accurate for sake of the fact that:

- Owls are silent and precise, like a sniper.
- Tigers are very physical, hence a wrestler.
- Sea lions are very vocal, like a siren.

But in any case we have no evidence that Litten wants to become a professional wrestler, between confirmed appearance and known moveset - nor that Rowlet wants to become an archer (although I suppose you could say Leafage is an example - but I don't think it exemplifies anything). Popplio just likes making bubbles and playing with beach balls. No official art seems to suggest that it relies on its vocals for anything (disarming voice, yeah, but I'm hoping it just hints a partial Fairy typing).
Nope, frogs have a big ninja imagery in the japanese public imagination.

Gandalf fox and brigadier accorn are more western based, well Delphox does have a Shintoist inspiration.

Nope, frogs have a big ninja imagery in the japanese public imagination.

Gandalf fox and brigadier accorn are more western based, well Delphox does have a Shintoist inspiration.
In retrospect you're right. I don't know why the entirety of Naruto didn't come to mind

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
PokeJungle claims that the starter pic leak they had are "mysteriously disappearing" on Google search.
Whilst other starter pics are not being deleted.

Oh well, even if PokeJungle leaks are true, the Chinese leak could just be looking at PokeJungle leaks and then luckily gets the lizard right.

I'd say the leak is around 70% correct.
I also heard that leakers usually throw in some false information even when some of their leaks are correct.

No gyms though. That's a very bold claim.

Last edited:
woot, I have a 1 week break. Time to poke my head back into pokemons!

So what's up with all the competitive abilities? I feel like a lot of these new pokemon have abilities that would be extremely useful with even decent stats behind them. Anti priority? Poisoning ferrothorn? Resists all status but sleep? DOUBLE DAMAGE WHEN YOU FORCE SWITCHES? Is it a coincidence or does it feel like all of these pokemon are better equipped to at least have a niche than in any generation before?

Last gen a lot of the megas were clearly hand crafted to make the pokemon viable, (looking at you mega pidgeot) but only the hidden abilities were taking the regular pokemon above and beyond. From what we've seen so far though, sun and moon are seeping with goodies. At the very least some old pokemon might be able to trade up to better abilities from this gen.

Also fingers crossed for some base stat changes like last gen.

PokeJungle claims that the starter pic leak they had are "mysteriously disappearing" on Google search.
Whilst other starter pics are not being deleted.

Oh well, even if PokeJungle leaks are true, the Chinese leak could just be looking at PokeJungle leaks and then luckily gets the lizard right.

I'd say the leak is around 70% correct.
I also heard that leakers usually throw in some false information even when some of their leaks are correct.

No gyms though. That's a very bold claim.
See, if PokeJungle's leaks came first then I see that as all the more reason not to trust this leak. At that rate the only accurately predicted things are Salandit and a detail of Rockruff's evolution which basically anyone could have guessed (and has been practically official, depending on how you read it, for quite a few days now). Artwork is very convincingly well made, but all it takes is one good artist.

breh

強いだね
l8 but to whoever it was that was arguing about lizard vs. salamander, in chinese (and, also, conveniently, in japanese) the two are spelled the same way, with salamander = fire + lizard. this is also the reason that charmander is literally named the japanese word for "salamander". for reference, 火蜥蜴 = salamander (first char is fire) and 蜥蜴 = lizard

ironically I think salandit is actually a newt but w/e lol

Last edited:

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I deleted the screenshots because we are mysteriously told to, claiming that there will be punishment to theChinese version.
That person found my friend's facebook, where I downloaded the screenshots, despite the post is not public.
I don't know much IT, but can they really find myfriend's facebook just by the image itself? I didn't link to my friend's facebook.

I deleted the screenshots because we are mysteriously told to, claiming that there will be punishment to theChinese version.
That person found my friend's facebook, where I downloaded the screenshots, despite the post is not public.
I don't know much IT, but can they really find myfriend's facebook just by the image itself? I didn't link to my friend's facebook.
This is making the pictures more legit... I might go towards the water starter now...

okay yeah i really do hope popplio is water / psychic. ;_;

think about it. a sea lion who uses its psychic powers to levitate and perform tricks for the audience. i think it's a really neat idea. and for a hidden ability, i really do think swift swim fits the bill. if not, a new ability. o.o

popplio final evo is dumb tbh. Popplio is super cute but I don't want a merseal with a fukin veil and hair.

Litten final evo is a muscle daddy ! on a serious note that shit is just furry bait. As if pokemon needs any more furry bait.

Rowlet final evo is badass and I wanna pick rowlet now. I loved popplio but if these leaks are true I want rowlet.

But Fairy captures the magic of clowns and entertainment just as well. Sparkles and bright colors putting on some pizzazz for an audience, floating around and having fun and stuff.

Reactions: JES
okay yeah i really do hope popplio is water / psychic. ;_;

think about it. a sea lion who uses its psychic powers to levitate and perform tricks for the audience. i think it's a really neat idea. and for a hidden ability, i really do think swift swim fits the bill. if not, a new ability. o.o
We have the Slowpoke line, Starmie, and the brand new Bruxish. We have enough Water/Psychic types.

I'm not a fan of neither picture leaks of the evolved starters, although one can't really be sure what to think until you get to see the official final stuff, eh?

So, free for all weekend? Time to bring in some other stuff that I haven't seen around:
http://sylveon.tumblr.com/image/147035012580

Transcipt (shamelessly copy-pasted from another forum):
- The supposed new mechanic involving the crystals is called a "Soul Bond"
- Your Pokemon can use a new ultimate move when the Soul Bond meter is full
- The crystals (in the Japanese logo and player's bracelet) are called Bond Gems, that are acquired in the main story
- Two supposed new Pokemon are mentioned - a Water/Normal beaver named Copybara and a Ground/Fighting gorilla named Georilla
- Descriptions of the final starter evolutions - Rowlet becomes an archer that stays Grass/Flying, Litten becomes a muscular bipedal tiger that is Fire/Dark, and Popplio becomes a mermaid-like seal that is Water/Fairy. Seems to likely match this artwork: http://imgur.com/a/xbYQ9
- Lillie is apparently the daughter of the main villain who led a rich company who built an artificial island and has a goal of trying to catch the four island guardians of Alola (one of which we know is Tapu Koko)
- There will be 90 new Pokemon introduced in this generation
- The leaker mentions some of this content will likely get revealed in the trailer due to come out on July 16th

To me this looks like we have got ourselves quite an overlap of stuff going on.
At first, I was really sceptical about the whole "no gyms" thing, but putting both supposed leaks together:
-> You try to build a league with gyms whereas the evil team wants to make Alola into a touristic paradise opposed to a league? Definitely sounds catchy and intriguing - although very, very unusual of course.
tbh I feel like this is real bc if this person made this up, then they wouldn't call "copybara" a beaver. If they made the name up, they would say it's based off of a capybara, not a fuckin beaver. If this is true then that's also really exciting tbh because we don't have a capybara mon yet.

I just realised something. Remember a while back when the ground and fighting type icons were found on the website? It's no coincidence that no ground or fighting type Pokemon have been released yet. What were these then? The starters final evos? I'm willing to believe that. This means that either these logos, from the trusted Pokemon website, or that art of the final evolutions (eww Litten) is fake. I'm still not buying these 'leaks' anyway.

google translate tells me that Hee means "flee," Lono means "News," and Lele means "Skip." IDK what this means or if it helps determine whether or not this leak is fake or not, especially considering Koko means blood, but the Koko in Tapu Koko is probably actually because it's a chicken and koko sounds like a chicken noise.

'Magearna is an artificial guardian'

I WAS RIGHT!

Unlike the others, I'm actually willing to believe this one about the guardians, however, I think it's a weird how three of the guardians make terrains and the other makes rain...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)