Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

A new generation of Pokémon is finally upon us! Pokémon Sun and Moon are the 7th Generation of Pokémon games, coming out November 18, 2016 (November 23 for Europe) to celebrate the franchise's 20th Anniversary.

CoroCoro's leaked and guess what? It's time.
2 New Zygarde Formes, an explanation for the Little Green Guys, a new look for Greninja (possibly a Mega?), and the new anime series being called XY & Z to confirm our new game's name: Pokémon Z.

Or maybe Pokémon XY & Z. I dunno.

Plot Twist: It's Pokémon Sun and Moon.

I will be editing the OP a lot if new info is revealed, and it will chronicle the new updates.

Info History
Info: 2 new Zygarde Formes, the Little Green Guy's function, and a new appearance for Greninja.
Source: CoroCoro (leaked)
Discussion Starts: This post by yours truly, Karxrida.
Pictures/Video:

Exact Details:
Serebii said:
Zygarde can take many forms. Normal Zygarde is at 50% and is called Zygarde 50% Forme. The dog like form is when it is at 10% and is called Zygarde 10% Forme. It has sharp teeth and speed. The blob is the cell, or Zygarde Core and becomes the brain of every form. The flat form is called Zygarde Cell. New large form is called Zygarde Perfect Forme and retains its Dragon/Ground-type. It is the System Pokémon and is 4.5m tall and 610kg and is said to exceed Xerneas and Yveltal in power. The new Anime series called Pokémon XY & Z is to come with Mega Evolution Act 4 starting on October 29th. It also reveals a new look for Greninja. The magazine mentions that it looks sort of like Ash's clothes.
Info: Official English confirmation.
Source: The official Pokémon Website.
Discussion Starts: Post 103 by Codraroll.
Pictures/Video: Nothing new, just better qualify pictures on the main site.
Exact Info:
  • All Formes have the same name as the Japanese version with the exception of Perfect Forme, which is known as Complete Forme.
  • Zygarde Cell cannot use moves and may not be considered a Pokémon.
  • Allusions to an in-game quest to collect all the Zygarde Cells.
  • The new Greninja Forme is officially called Ash-Greninja.
Info: The name "XY&Z" was trademarked by Nintendo, Creatures Inc., and Game Freak.
Source: @trademark_bot on Twitter.
Discussion Starts: Post 207 by Karxrida.
Pictures/Video: N/A
Info: Volcanion is officially revealed.
Discussion Starts: Post 451 by Karxrida.
Pictures/Video: Picture 1, Picture 2.
Exact Info: Volcanion is officially revealed and is stated to star in the next movie (movie is coming July 2016).
Info: Ash-Greninja confirmed as not a Mega.
Source: The anime (via via princess of hoenn on tumblr)
Discussion Starts: Post 581 by Karxrida.
Exact Info: So apparently it's not a Mega. Also this was revealed all the way back in October of last year, but we either missed it somehow or forgot.
Info: A new Pokémon known as Magiana is revealed.
Discussion Starts: Post 588 by Hydrachomp.
Pictures/Video: Picture 1.
Exact Info:
Serebii said:
The first image of the cover of CoroCoro has been released through a trailer. This cover includes the first silhouette of a brand new Pokémon. This Pokémon is called Magiana (マギアナ). We'll bring images of it as soon as humanly possible so keep checking back. We'll bring more as it comes
Edit @ 13:20: First image of Magiana. Its classification is Man-Made Pokémon. No type has been revealed. Possesses a metalic body, text confirms it was 'made by human hands'. It was made over 500 years ago. Volcanion is chasing Magiana, only it knows Magiana's secret.
Edit @ 13:27: The movie is to be called Volcanion and the Ingenious Magiana
Edit @ 18:05: Movie summary from the magazine:
As Ash and his friends continue their journey, Volcanion drops down from the sky in front of them. Volcanion's object is to recover Magiana, who has been abducted by the "Azoth Kingdom", a city of super-machinery. However, Volcanion and Ash have become linked together by a strange (?????). Will the two of them manage to work together and save Magiana?
Info: Official Magiana reveal.
Source: The Official Pokémon Website
Discussion Starts: Post 702 by Djura
Exact Info: Magiana is officially revealed to the public, being given the name Magearna in English.
Info: Pokémon Sun And Moon Leak
Source: The European Trademark Website for "Moon"
Discussion Starts: Post 836 by Kurona
Exact Info: Pokémon Sun And Moon trademarks are made in Europe with logos. Logos look extremely legit ahead of the Pokémon Direct on the 26th/27th (depending on time zone).
Info: Sun and Moon confirmed.
Source: Pokémon Direct
Discussion Starts: Post 937 by TerrickTerran
Pictures/Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_...1nBADzHXdWhGrWQU2Ye76z_ADY7Vmnp-bPoe6w1gx86Jg
Exact Info: Sun and Moon confirmed to exist with a Holiday 2016 release date, and are basically stated to be Gen VII. Virtual Console versions of RBY will be compatible with Pokémon Bank in the future and allow transferring Gen I Pokémon to Sun and Moon.
Info: New game for mobile known as Pokémon Koma Star is revealed.
Source: Official Pokémon YouTube Channel (Japanese)
Discussion Starts: Post 1598 by Hydrachomp
Pictures/Video:
Exact Info:
Serebii said:
The Pokémon Company has uploaded a trailer for a new smartphone title called Pokémon Koma Star (ポケモンコマスター), developed in collaboration between The Pokémon Company and HEROZ. Full details of this game are not currently known but it is said to combine Pokémon and Artificial Intelligence. HEROZ as a development team often build AI for Chess & Backgammon games. It is due for release in Japan in Spring 2016 on iOS and Android Devices.
Edit @ 07:00: Some further details have been released. It is a strategy board game on the mobile devices where you collect virtual figures, each with their own unique attributes, to make a deck and try to defeat your opponent. It is 1 Player, but has online play, and free to play, having some purchases within the game software.
Info: Magearna's Typing
Discussion Starts: Post 1816 by MAMP
Pictures/Video: See post.
Exact Info: Magearna is revealed to be a Steel/Fairy-type.
Info: Official confirmation on Magearna's typing.
Source: The official Pokémon Twitter
Discussion Starts: Post 1877 by Kurona
Exact Info: The official Twitter confirms Magearna's Steel/Fairy-typing.
Info: ACTUAL NEWS!
Source: The official Pokémon Website
Discussion Starts: Post 2107 by MAMP
Exact Info:
  • The new region is the Alola region, which is basically Hawaii.
  • Starters revealed! Rowlet the Grass/Flying-type, Litten the Fire-type, and Popplio the Water-type.
  • Character customization appears to be returning based off of the Japanese trailer.
  • Release date confirmed to be November 18 for Japan, Americas, and Australia, and November 23 for Europe.
  • Cover Legendaries revealed. No official names have been given, but the Sun Legendary is a lion and the Moon Legendary is a bat.
  • Some other really minor stuff.
Info: Cover Legends info, other reveals.
Source: The official Pokémon Website.
Discussion Starts: Post 2897 by DHR-107
Exact Info:
Serebii said:
The next details for Pokémon Sun & Moon have been revealed. These details come via the second footage of the game which showcases some new Pokémon. It reveals the legends as Solgaleo, the Psychic Steel with Full Metal Body ability. With the Full Metal Body Ability, a Pokémon’s stats will not be lowered by the effects of an opponent’s moves or Ability. It has the move Sunsteel Strike. and Lunala, the Psychic/Ghost with the ability Shadow Shield. With the Shadow Shield Ability, a Pokémon will take less damage from an attack that lands when the Pokémon has full HP. It also has the move Moongeist Beam, as well as a new Rotom in your Pokédex. The professor is the character Kukui and has a mysterious assistant called Lillie. Your new friend is called Hau. Keep checking back as we get more details.
Edit @ 14:06: There's a new feature where you can scan QR Codes in order to read a Pokémon's Pokédex data to explain where you can find it. You can also share codes with a friend so it is registered in your Pokédex
Edit @ 14:32: It has been confirmed that Pokémon Sun & Moon will be featured on Nintendo Treehouse Live @ E3 on June 14th 2016 which feature new information and developer stories, while Pokémon GO will have a Q&A on June 15th 2016 and an E3 2016 Pokémon Special on June 16th 2016.
Edit @ 14:34: In a special video on the Japanese site, the Pokédex lists the Alola Pokédex and the MeleMele Pokédex.
High-resolution maps of the Alola region
Info: Two new Pokémon revealed: Iwanko and Nekkoala. Other reveals.
Source: CoroCoro
Discussion Starts: Post 3272 by nerd
Exact Info:
Serebii said:
The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed two new Pokémon. As always, do note that translations are preliminary while we work on them.
First up is Nekkoala, the Half Awake Pokémon which is Normal-type with the ability Definite Sleep which prevents it being afflicted with a status other than sleep, while the dog is Iwanko, and is a Rock-type Pokémon. It's abilities are Keen Eye or Vital Spirit. It is the Puppy Pokémon. We'll bring more as it comes
Edit @ 03:18: Some images pertaining to the movie have also been released. The Greninja event at the movie based on the Pokémon Election has the ability Protean and the moves Hydro Cannon, Gunk Shot, Mat Block & Happy Hour
Edit @ 03:31: Attendees at the movie will receive a Pokémon Ga-Olé disc that has a QR Code that will be scanned to get Magearna in Pokémon Sun & Moon. Magearna has got the Soul Heart Ability and a new move called Fleur Cannon and will be found at Level 50 with the moves Fleur Cannon, Flash Cannon, Lucky Chant and Helping Hand
Edit @ 04:04: CoroCoro hints that Rowlet, Litten, Popplio and Iwanko all hide a secret
Info: Zygarde Formes (10% and Complete) are revealed to be in Sun and Moon. Gameplay is shown.
Source: First leaked on Twitter, swiftly revealed shortly afterward by the Official YouTube Channel
Discussion Starts: Post 3322 by Cresselia~
Pictures/Video: See Cresselia~'s post and my post later.
Exact Info:
Serebii said:
Edit @ 12:51: During the Taiwan National Championships today, the first footage of Zygarde 10% Forme and Zygarde Complete Forme was shown. This footage showed them using various attacks and Zygarde 10% Forme changing into Complete Forme when in a pinch. We hope to provide a high quality direct feed trailer soon
Edit @ 14:21: High Quality Footage. Zygarde 10% Forme's ability is known as Swarm Change in Japanese and Complete Forme's move is known as the Core Punisher
Edit @ 17:03: North American version of the trailer uploaded. Complete Forme's move is called Core Enforcer in the west
Placeholder because I got behind and have to binge the thread to find the post where this started.
Info: 7 new Pokémon revealed.
Source: Leaked first on the Russian YouTube channel, official video was released on the Japanese YouTube channel shortly afterward.
Discussion Starts: Post 4193 by DHR-107
Exact Info: See post. DHR already did everything there.
Info: Two new Pokémon revealed: Kiteruguma and Mimichu
Discussion Starts: Post 5324 by Darth Manphy
Exact Info:
Serebii said:
The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed the latest news on Sun & Moon. As always, do note that translations are preliminary while we work on them. The bear is called Kiteruguma and is Normal/Fighting with the abilities Fluffy and Klutz, while the ghost is Mimicu and is Ghost/Fairy. It has the ability called False Colours.
People in Alola are scared of Kiteruguma to the point of having warning signs about it. It is really strong and can break anything in two. It likes to hug its trainers but is strong. Raising one puts your life in danger.
Mimikkyu hates sunlight, preferring dark places. It is rumoured that the cloth covering its body is a strategy to avoid the sun. Don't try to remove the cloth it is said that those that do become afflicted with an illness. Mimicu's costume is based on Pikachu merch that was popular 20 years ago. It wants to be loved by people like Pikachu is. We'll bring more as it comes
Remember I called dibs on this a couple months back. :3

I realize I'm a bit behind on the news for this master post, but I'm having some (minor, but annoying) computer issues and I haven't had the time (or drive) to sit down and update. It will get done eventually.

RIP Zygarde and Pokémon Z.

Last edited:
IT'S CONFIRMED. Illuminati-Life 3 can't melt steel beams

But in all seriousness, this seems to be our first major reveal for the next main-series game. Between this and Pokemon GO I'm feelings pretty spoiled by Gamefreak. I read something about this being Zygarde's "perfect form", and the one were used to is it's "50% form".

I'm excited to see how this will shape the game's lore, and more importantly, the metagame.

Hype!

Last edited:
Pretty hyped about this, ever since XY came out this has been heavily speculated. As for the Zygarde form? Meh, it's pretty cool. It gives the vibe of a transformer more than anything.

What's really cool about this is that we'll probably see Zygarde (or it's "Perfect" form) climb up the tiers, hopefully Ubers if it is more powerful than Xerneas or Yveltal, as claimed. This is definitely something quite different than what Game Freak has done before, so it'll be exciting what comes of it in the new games.

Perfect Zygarde lookin' straight outta SRW. Also, I really doubt Greninja would receive a Mega; it might be an alternate form while receiving a new move, sort of like Cosplay Pikachu.

Anybody else getting a huge Dragon Ball Z Cell feeling??? Haha. Dragon Ball Z.

I'm wondering how the signature moves will go, as well as how the Cell form will be in the game. The Mega special trailer shows that there are multiple cells at once, so maybe we have to venture around Kalos and collect the cells? Or team Flare is already doing that, and we are entrusted with the last one needed for Zygarde to absorb the other androids and become Perfect.

I also think that Zygarde's 10% for cooooould be a replacement for the part of Yggdrasil nobody mentions much: Ratotskr, the "squirrel who runs up and down the world tree Yggdrasil to carry messages between the unnamed eagle [Yveltal], perched atop Yggdrasil, and the wyrm Níðhöggr [Zygarde], who dwells beneath one of the three roots of the tree," courtesy of Wikipedia. Look at it on Wikipedia, too; it has vague resemblance to the dog. It has increased Speed, so a messenger like thing could make sense. Maybe a messenger to run about and tell the other Cells what's going on with the environment System (perfect form is the System Pokemon), and saying a rendezvous point? No idea. It might be our "600 BST, 100 in every stat" thing, if Diancie wasn't that already with different allocations.

Finally, if Greninja is getting a Mega, I'mma kill myself. Mega Chesnaught, anyone?? This round of new Megas is going to be interesting.

EDIT: Another thing to note is HOW is this Perfect forme going to get past the Fairy weakness I wonder. Aura Break will help, but it's not enough for Xerneas I would think, unless the defenses are ridiculous. Also, look at its chest and "wings". Red for Yveltal, blue for Xerneas. It's the trio master of them all. This is crazy exciting.

EDIT 2: The poster of the new Anime series has BOTH Ash and the guy from the Mega Evolution specials, who's name eludes me, on it. Methinks they will meet up and become best buds, possibly showing Ash the power of Mega Evolving his Greninja. That's my thoughts. There is also a Noivern and a Mega Sceptile for some reason, unless someone in the Ash squad has those and I'm just uneducated on that. Hint at Noivern Mega maybe? Or maybe I'm just hopeful...

EDIT 3: Also pointing out that the anime poster is gathered around the Anistar Sundial, which as we all remember, is key to Mega Evolution in Kalos (or at least to finding the Stones). Nobody knows how it got there or why, if I remember what people there said in XY. Maybe Zygarde? Maybe he teamed up with Diancie? Just throwing things out there, but this city and the sundial might be key to the next games now.

EDIT 3 (last one): Oh my god... Count Bleck you're totally right... COMPLETELY forgot about Fenrir. I guess I was so focused on the Yggdrasil aspect he completely slipped my mind... -10 mythology points for me.

Last edited:

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
That new Zygarde Forme (Perfect Forme) looks really neat with the references to Xerneas and Yveltal with the colour changes on either side... I like it.

I also reckon the new look for Greninja will be a mega and am expecting Chesnaught and Delphox to get a mega evolution as well... But let us not get ahead of ourselves.

The dog forme looks meh, but loving the Perfect forme.

Here's something major that no one's mentioned: in the upper left-hand corner of one of the CoroCoro scans, there's a familiar character that reappears- Lysandre.

So, this can mean a number of things obviously.

I take it to mean that he didn't actually die in XY and will have some significant in the plot of Pokemon Z.

What do you guys think about this?

Here's something major that no one's mentioned: in the upper left-hand corner of one of the CoroCoro scans, there's a familiar character that reappears- Lysandre.

I take it to mean that he didn't actually die in XY and will have some significant in the plot of Pokemon Z.

It depends if Z is a direct sequel story-wise ala B2/W2 or a more content packed XY. I'm betting on the latter even though I kinda liked Lysandre as a villain. Who knows, they could add an epilogue.

It's probably only because Lysandre has a part in the Mega Evolution Special, and may have a part in the anime itself. I wouldn't look that much into that.

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
I am quite digging Zygardengelion but curious how it would change formes in game. My main focus is Greninja since they specifically stated it's resemblance to Ash but would like more leaks to get more info on that. If it is a Mega, the changes are surprisingly minimal.

Definitely getting myself a ticket for the hype train.

EDIT 2: The poster of the new Anime series has BOTH Ash and the guy from the Mega Evolution specials, who's name eludes me, on it. Methinks they will meet up and become best buds, possibly showing Ash the power of Mega Evolving his Greninja. That's my thoughts. There is also a Noivern and a Mega Sceptile for some reason, unless someone in the Ash squad has those and I'm just uneducated on that. Hint at Noivern Mega maybe? Or maybe I'm just hopeful...
Ash's current team in the anime is Pikachu, Frogadier, Talonflame, Hawlucha, and Noibat, and he owns a Sceptile that's currently at Professor Oak's ranch. What's most like going to happen is that A) Frogadier and Noibat are gonna evolve by this part of the anime; and B) Sceptile is rejoining Ash's team and is gonna Mega Evolve, presumably with some help from Alain (the Mega Evolution Special guy).

EDIT: Oh and personally, I'm hoping that Zygarde Core, Zygarde Dog, and Zygarde Perfect all get statted out in the game as formes - Core presumably being laughably weak, Dog as something low tier, and Perfect as the Uber it wants to be. And in the next game, you'll receive Core early on, and basically have to go around collecting cells to help it grow stronger and once you get enough it'll change formes to reflect that.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

I don't think it means anything. Lysandre and Team Flare haven't really done much in the anime, so it's probably just an anime-only thing concerning their plot.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I think everyone's jumped to the conclusion that these are two new Zygarde formes, but I don't actually think that's the case. I think it's Zygarde's evolution line. The weird green blob Pokemon is the basic stage, it evolves into the dog (shown by an arrow and then by the dog it says "10%") and then the dog evolves into the regular Zygarde as we know it (denoted by another arrow and the "50%"). The sillhouette Pokemon is Mega-Zygarde as opposed to an alternative forme, as shown by an additional arrow.

Anybody else getting a huge Dragon Ball Z Cell feeling??? Haha. Dragon Ball Z.

I also think that Zygarde's 10% for cooooould be a replacement for the part of Yggdrasil nobody mentions much: Ratotskr, the "squirrel who runs up and down the world tree Yggdrasil to carry messages between the unnamed eagle [Yveltal], perched atop Yggdrasil, and the wyrm Níðhöggr [Zygarde], who dwells beneath one of the three roots of the tree," courtesy of Wikipedia. Look at it on Wikipedia, too; it has vague resemblance to the dog. It has increased Speed, so a messenger like thing could make sense. Maybe a messenger to run about and tell the other Cells what's going on with the environment System (perfect form is the System Pokemon), and saying a rendezvous point? No idea. It might be our "600 BST, 100 in every stat" thing, if Diancie wasn't that already with different allocations.

....How the heck did you forget that Fenrir Exists?

This is really interesting, mainly because we've never seen anything else in Pokemon similar to how Zygarde works. It's almost as if the 10%, 50%, and Perfect forms are more like mechas, with LGG controlling it from inside. On the other hand, I remember we went through this exact same thing 3 years ago with Kyurem: never before had we seen one Pokemon merge into another, but now we take it for granted. I guarantee you that 4-6 months after Z(?) is released, we'll all be used to Zygarde's new mechanic.

Actually, now that I think about it, it reminds me of Master Core from SSB4: You have the swarm, which takes on various forms that you then have to defeat before revealing the true core. With Zygarde, the Swarm is the flat cell blobs, the various forms are Dog/Snake/Perfect, and the core is LGG.

Although I'm certain that this won't be the case in PvP battling, it would be really interesting if when you battle Zygarde in-game, you have to defeat it 4 times, with it regenerating in a weaker state each time. So you battle Perfect Zygarde, then Snake, then Dog, and finally the blob, at which point it's weak enough that you can finally catch it.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So obviously a lot to talk about. Let's go down like a list:

Zygarde Core: So the little green guy is apparently the brains of the outfit, literally. Looks like for the new anime they might be connecting Zygarde to Mega Evolution though I wonder if that has anything to do with the games. Anyway it doesn't look like it'll be an actual Pokemon, so if its in the games we'll probably just see it outside of battle in cutscenes. So I have nothing else to say about it other than that, at least not until we get to the anime segment.
Zygarde 10% Forme: Really, that's the name? Well it sounds like it'll be usable but only at 10% I imagine it can't be as powerful as a Legendary. Now I could be wrong, like it could be give a BST of 580 putting it on par with the Legendary trios, but for some reason I think it could do what Phione does to show its a weaker version of Manaphy and have its BST be with 450 with it having a focus on Attack and Speed. THIS IS ALL I'M SAYING ON THE MATTER.
Anyway linking it to Norse mythology, only canine I know in Norse Mythology is Fenrir. Though at this point its just a cosmetic thing so doesn't really matter.
Curios if it'll have Aura Break as its Ability, noting the sharp fangs makes me think Strong Jaw but unless they give Zygarde more biting moves the only thing it'll have to use Strong Jaw with is Crunch.
That's all I have to say about it, oh, one last thing: it has a nice scarf.
Zygarde 50% Forme: It's what we come to know as normal Zygarde, what else is there to say? Well, I'm surprised it's only 50%, would that mean Zygarde Perfect Forme is 1200 BST?!... Okay, probably not. It'll probably be 700 like the Kyurem Formes though personally I think since its perfect it should be 720 (the Kyurem forms were not perfect, had Kyurem fused with both Zekrom and Reshiram I have a feeling its BST would be 720). Nothing else really to say about normal Zygarde that hasn't been said, onto the star.
Zygarde Perfect Forme: And he shows himself, finally!
It's power exceeds Xerneas and Yveltal yet is still Dragon/Ground-type. Even with the stat boost I don't think it'll be able to take on Xerneas and Yveltal with their type advantages so I think it must get a new Ability. An upgraded version of Aura Break would probably make the battle an Inverse Battle, that'll turn the tables quick in its favor.
The System Pokemon, I guess referring to the formes actually being a system of Zygarde Cores fusing together. If the Signature Moves are anything to go buy I'm guessing a Perfect Zygarde Forme is made up of 1,000 Zygarde Cores (plus one acting as the main brain). That'll mean Zygarde 10% is 100 Cores and Zygarde 50% is 500 Cores. Actually for them to say Zygarde has many Formes yet there only being 4 makes me wonder if that's all there is. It's odd they don't have a 25% Forme (which could have a BST of 580) and 75% Forme (which could have a BST of 680). Guess they either didn't want to overdo it or we have yet to be shown everything.
So its appearance, first off I call Tauros Mulch on its height. In the trailer it was MUCH taller than 4.5 meters (nearly 15 feet). At least its weight makes it equal to that of the heavy Pokemon (only lighter than Giratina Origin, Dialga, Mega Steelix, Giratina Altered, Mega Metagross, Groudon, and Mega Groudon). Its overall a simplistic design. The blue and red parts are probably a reference to Xerneas and Yveltal and in my head I can see it doing Thousand Waves from the blue pillars and Thousand Arrows from the red. Also is that suppose to be a face on the chest or am I just seeing things? Anyway at this point I think they just tossed away the Norse Mythology thing (if they were even doing one in the first place). It doesn't look like a tree so it's not Yggdrasil, if forced I guess I'd say with the crown it could be a reference to Odin. *shrugs*

XY & Z: ~Now I know my ABCs, next time will you sing with me?~ So at the very least the anime thinks the next logical step is Z, though whether XY2 will agree we'll just have to wait and see.
Mega Evolution Act 4: Now they say the next Mega Evolution episode will come with the next season. The intro for the current anime season hints at Ash & co. meeting with Alain at some point. Could this act also be the starting episode of the next season thus connecting both series and adding the Team Flare plotline to the main series? Speaking of which.
Plotline/Team Flare: If the poster is anything to go by it looks like they'll be connecting Zygarde to Mega Evolution. Not only is that the point of the Mega Evolution special and Team Flare's goal in the anime but we see Anistar City's Sundial in the background. Looks like Bonnie is going to become friends with the Zygarde Core thus how Ash & co. get involved, my guess it being the same Zygarde Core we see Mairin's Chespin saving (speaking of whom I don't see her in the poster and the Chespin there is probably Clemont's). With Zygarde's other formes on there I wonder if at least the beginning plot will be about Ash & co. going around collecting other Zygarde Cores and as they do it transforms into its various Formes?
Though glad to see Team Flare getting involved finally. Not only is Lysandre on the poster but the film reel on top shows Xerosic and one of the female Scientists. Looks like we can finally get the ball rolling on them.
Ash & Co. Roster Update: Got a few evolutions:
Most obvious is Ash's Frogadier evolving to Greninja. Now apparently it gets some sort of headgear which is says to make it look a bit like Ash but aside from getting Ash's sideburns I don't really see it. Have no idea what this means, though being its specifically references Ash it's probably not anything game related. Though if they're going to do that with Greninja I wonder if they'll do the same for Serena and Clemont if they get a Delphox and Chesnaught (Serena is almost there, but Chespin hasn't shown any signs of evolving).
And Ash's Noibat evolves into Noivern, awesome! Has a bit of replacement scrappy with Ash releasing Goodra but I kind of like Noivern a bit more than Goodra (as Pokemon species).
And that's about it... or is it? If you look carefully you'll see a random Mega Sceptile in the background. Could it be possible Ash gets to use Mega Evolution and his Mega Pokemon is Mega Sceptile? Possibly, would add another type to his team and a reference to ORAS (plus Ash's Sceptile is a popular character). I was hoping for Mega Charizard Y so Ash and Alain could have a Mega Charizard battle but Ash already has a Fire/Flying-type and if I had to make a second choice it would be Sceptile (and who knows, maybe Ash will get multiple Mega Stones for Charizard, Heracross, an Glalie).

I'll respond to what other's have to say later. ;)

My first impression...Golurk is a dead Zygarde.

This is a fairly original and interesting concept for a member of a legendary trio. Without knowing how Zygarde ties in with Xerneas and Yveltal exactly, I'm just left to be reminded of Skulker from Danny Phantom, however. Sure, Skulker was menacing in his own right, but only until his shell was removed, and the soft, squishy little green blob working the controls from the inside was revealed. I mean, these new forms do fit in a way, don't get me wrong, the Zygarde we knew before today was on par with a non-mega pseudo-legendary, not with the forces of nature that it was supposed to be on level with, but I still feel like Skulker is an apt comparison for him, at the moment. It will be interesting to see what the mechanic for change is here, and what the likelihood of a single cover legendary spanning multiple tiers will be.

Concerning "Ash-Greninja"; would it be at all surprising if that was Mega Greninja? It would be three for three for Mega Starters with the new games of the generation, and a further explanation for including the Kanto starters. To immediately introduce a Mega Chesnaught, Delphox, and Greninja would do nothing more than completely overshadow the actual pokemon, but they wanted to let people mega evolve their starters, so they let us pick a second, much more iconic starter to fill that role. Now that we're two years down the road, however, and with another probable year remaining before Z will be released, we've had an ample amount of time to admire the base forms, and now we're "ready" to be given the mega forms of the Kalos starters.

I have a question, though; there was supposed to be tags for two more games this generation. If it is simply going to be Z remaining for Gen VI, what is the likelihood that the final tag is meant to be used for Go?

I think everyone's jumped to the conclusion that these are two new Zygarde formes, but I don't actually think that's the case. I think it's Zygarde's evolution line. The weird green blob Pokemon is the basic stage, it evolves into the dog (shown by an arrow and then by the dog it says "10%") and then the dog evolves into the regular Zygarde as we know it (denoted by another arrow and the "50%"). The sillhouette Pokemon is Mega-Zygarde as opposed to an alternative forme, as shown by an additional arrow.
No, this couldn't be an evolutionary line; there are four new forms altogether - Cell, Core, 10%, and Perfect, on top of the now dubbed 50%. Perfect Zygarde is an alternate form of 50%, but even so, discounting it as an evolutionary candidate would still leave a four line evolutionary chain, and frankly, it would just be chaos to implement that kind of precedent, even and especially for a legendary. We do know that Serebii specifically referred to 10%, 50%, and Perfect Zygarde as formes, however.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Ash has both Noibat and Sceptile (One of the few he has capable of Mega Evolving, and certainly the one he has the second closest bond with after Charizard)... So it makes sense it would be Ash's.

In regards to the Greninja, it's say that it "looks like Ash's clothes" so maybe there's a new feature in the next game where your starter Pokemon changes it's appearence depending on what clothes you're wearing...or it could be an event thing like AZ's Floette, yeah it's probably that.
I got Yilx (the well known artist) to also translate this and got:

"Ash's Greninja! "This is Greninja's new form. It does resemble Ash's clothes and look...? Find out more next time!"

Which implies that next Corocoro we'll get more info, and it may be true that Starters (or possibly any Pokemon who is "close" to its trainer) might start taking on aspects of their trainers design. This could be the reason all the gen 6 starters are Bipedal in terms of motion.

Karxrida I'll allow this thread for the time being, but if we (the moderation team) think you aren't doing a good job updating the OP etc, we will take it off you. I'd also add the other pages from the silhouette leak previously too, so we have all the info in one place.

Try not to speculate too much... I'll allow it here for the time being, but if it gets too out of hand we will close the topic like we did previously. I'll likely start thinking about locking the thread in about two weeks time, before reopening it on the 10th/11th next month just in case it needs updated by Karxrida.

If these forms are treated separately, we could see plenty of Zygarde in the metagame. Even between tiers. That's if it gets the same treatment as Shaymin etc. instead of Meloetta though. Its 10% form is very interesting, as is Zygarde Core. Also interesting to note typings may change between forms.

The Zygarde stuff looks pretty dumb but it's kinda weird that Nintendo would do this after releasing ORAS; regardless, makes me wish i had a 3ds ;_;
Really? How is it weird?

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
No, this couldn't be an evolutionary line; there are four new forms altogether - Cell, Core, 10%, and Perfect, on top of the now dubbed 50%. Perfect Zygarde is an alternate form of 50%, but even so, discounting it as an evolutionary candidate would still leave a four line evolutionary chain, and frankly, it would just be chaos to implement that kind of precedent, even and especially for a legendary. We do know that Serebii specifically referred to 10%, 50%, and Perfect Zygarde as formes, however.
Zygarde Cell Forme is literally the Core Forme which got run over by a tractor (I didn't actually notice they were meant to be different formes at first and assumed the flat one was just the Core Forme doing an attack or something). I think it's far more likely that those two are actual formes of each other (possibly some kind of Zen Mode-type thing) than different evolutions. It makes no sense for a huge titan version of Zygarde to reduce down into a flattened green blob within the space of a fight -- or vice versa. I think that this is definitely an evolution line instead. Also I did say that the Perfect "forme" is Zygarde's Mega-Evolution, so the maths adds up for a regular 3-stage line.

Also Serebii can get, and has got, things wrong. Having a non-canon fan site refer to these as formes means absolutely nothing. The article doesn't actually suggest that they are formes at all, so it's just a conclusion everyone has jumped to.

I mean, the only actual concrete evidence we've got from the articles about the games is that the next game will be called Pokemon Z. Cool?? We should really focus on the anime poster for now, since everything else is total speculation.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Well, this was interesting.

Since Tokyo Game Show is happening this weekend, I suspect we'll get some more information then. Or maybe they'll hold it back for another month, while letting Pokémon Go take the limelight for the time being. Either way, great to see new info coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)