Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"No! We're going to make another bad decision and name the game X and Y 2 like we did for pokemon black and white! We're just going to make another unexpected bad choice!" Game Freak 2016.

Pokemon Rainbow theory=so bad it's good...

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Called it.

5 minutes is enough time for a trailer. The animated one for BW2 (which is kickass) was about 6 and a half minutes long.

I'm pretty sure the supposed Pokémon Rainbow (Niji), even if real, is simply a shortening of Pokémon Nijyuu, meaning literally Pokémon 20. You know, 20th anniversary game. So I wouldn't be looking for colorful meanings just yet.

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
hey pokemon bw2 was excellent and IMHO the best Pokemon main series games to date
if they did xy2 i would not even be disappointed, especially considering like the original bw, XY has dick in the way of postgame and could certainly use some expansion

"No! We're going to make another bad decision and name the game X and Y 2 like we did for pokemon black and white! We're just going to make another unexpected bad choice!" Game Freak 2016.

Pokemon Rainbow theory=so bad it's good...
You...really hate those sequels, don't you? They were a brilliant choice for many. Lots of great ideas, and it changed the formula. You don't have to like them, but they were very well received.

Anyhow, I'm excited for whatever game is going to be announced. Assuming they don't troll the crap out of us again. I swear, if this is Pokémon Go related...

You...really hate those sequels, don't you? They were a brilliant choice for many. Lots of great ideas, and it changed the formula. You don't have to like them, but they were very well received.

Anyhow, I'm excited for whatever game is going to be announced. Assuming they don't troll the crap out of us again. I swear, if this is Pokémon Go related...
Not likely, considering there is a conference for that next month (March 14th I believe..), so it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense for them to do something just weeks away from an already announced event for it. In addition, Game freak on twitter has been heavily promoting this direct, so it is likely very much related to Game freak. Finally, Pokemon directs are sparse so unless it's just because of its 20th anniversary that they are doing a direct, then it seems likely there will be a new game announcement.

WELL, UM.

"A European Trademark site has added new listings today for two new possible game titles, complete with logos. These logos are Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon. It is not currently known if these are to be the games revealed in tomorrow's Pokémon Direct or if this is just a placeholder. Please note, this is currently unconfirmed" ~ Serebii

HELLO THERE???

WELL, UM.

"A European Trademark site has added new listings today for two new possible game titles, complete with logos. These logos are Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon. It is not currently known if these are to be the games revealed in tomorrow's Pokémon Direct or if this is just a placeholder. Please note, this is currently unconfirmed" ~ Serebii

HELLO THERE???
Hey, those are pretty cool names for Gen VII. And then the third version can be Pokemon Star and...

...we're getting XY2, aren't we?

Reactions: JES
I would LOVE this. Zygarde shmygarde, Gen VII with these awesome-sounding titles (how have I never thought about sun/moon?) would be fantastic 20th anniversary gift! I know, it's not confirmed, but they have logos already, so I'm allowing myself quite a lot of belief.

What's the usual date on registering trademarks in comparison to release? I mean, there was the whole omega emerald thing, or water blue. But, uhh, yeah this is weird! Even if it was for the games AFTER Z it doesn't make sense to trademark it so far in advance knowing it'd be found out. *ESPECIALLY* the day before a big announcement! Fuck.

Unless........

As a special 20th anniversary special-thing, they're releasing Pokemon Sun and Moon as Gen 7, and Pokemon Z is Released as the final Gen 6 Game!

I have no clue whether this is something else completely, or the actual titles for the game.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands

Well, this certainly is a turnup for the books. Definitely looks legit as hell as well...

https://oami.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/015148919 Link to the trademark page as well (for Moon).

24 hours and 35 minutes to the direct... Only then we will know.

Let's try to keep civil and let's not go crazy on what these games might be. They might be Z/XY2... Maybe even Gen 7...

Curious topic: How do you actually define a gen? Like, let's say the game introduces some, but not a lot, of new Pokemon, but keeps Kalos plotlines. Let's say the region is beside/part of/overlaps with Kalos, and maintains the current Game Engine. Battling and Trading works the same way as ORAS does with XY. Hell, it even has more or less the same bottom screen GUI. Is that 7, or 6.5?

Is the whole thing defined by whether or not we get new starters? Just curious.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Curious topic: How do you actually define a gen? Like, let's say the game introduces some, but not a lot, of new Pokemon, but keeps Kalos plotlines. Let's say the region is beside/part of/overlaps with Kalos, and maintains the current Game Engine. Battling and Trading works the same way as ORAS does with XY. Hell, it even has more or less the same bottom screen GUI. Is that 7, or 6.5?

New Mons in a main game, new Gen. That's how it's always been.

Besides, we don't call Gold and Silver Gen 1.5 when they are a direct continuation of Kanto's story and let you visit it.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor

Traditionally, we define new generations by new Pokémon, which again are defined by new Pokédex numbers. There's other stuff too, of course. A new region, new moves, lack of "lateral" compatibility, new characters, a shift in merchandise production, etc. I'd have expected the distinction to become a little more blurry over the years, but didn't expect it to happen until Nintendo switches over to a more digital distribution model. For the time being, when a new generation happens, we will know for sure.

Team Galactic's big return.
Double Champions in Tate and Liza.
Mega Solrock and Mega Lunatone - and knowing GF, Mega Cresselia and Mega Volcarona also.
This is exactly the kind of speculation I don't want to see too much of here. Not going to delete anything yet, but take this post as a warning not to speculate too wildly. That's what we have our IRC channel for.

So people campaigning for/in fear of/wishlisting about gen 6.5 was just idle talk? Hrm. If it's purely a fan term then it's open to broad definitions, so I wonder if there's a limit for most people. Like, if it was only Magearna and new formes added, is that gen 7, because if it isn't then that means there's a border somewhere. Very grey. Exciting stuff!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)