Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, incredibly doubtful theory here, but what if Rockruff were a fossil Pokemon? (prepared for vicious no's, I have a hard time believing it myself tbh; but I did consider it) They are based on an extinct dog breed, though, and that could be the origin for a rock typing (since all fossils have rock type on them). We also haven't seen anything that leads the player to believe that it's an early-game mon (edit: outside of the home town trailer. but then again we see meowth too so who knows?), which seems to agree with its "secret" and all.

One way or another, my guess is it's a gift Pokemon like Zorua - obtainable maybe early game, but mostly at a point where you've "earned" it.

Last edited:
Definitely not newts as previously stated, despite the name (Salamence too isn't a salamander after all). To me it looks like a monitor lizard with a crocodilian snout and vaguely frog-like stance, with the name reference being for mythical fire salamanders rather than true salamanders (as much as charmander).
its a salamander, as in the dragon

Monitor lizards are invasive species in hawai'i, and it turns out they were part of the reason mongooses(mongeese? mongi?) were released in it in the first place, so that is a possible evo for salandit, as we also know yungoos is getting a one stage evo.
Komodo dragon evolution confirmed!
If we are in for another terrible poison-dragon type with a type change from a decent typing, i swear...

I don't consider Dragalge bad, it's a decent offensive typing with some defensive perks, Dragalge role is kinda one dimensional thanks to its speed tier and over reliance on focus blast but by no means he is a bad Pokémon thanks to adaptability and decent pivot abilities.

If they make a decent speed tier special attacking poison dragon things would be different.

Salandit, Salandit, Salandit! :D

I think my team is just going to be Salandit and Rockruff so far.

Also, isn't it based on a fire salamander? Or is that too obvious?

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Megas were the biggest thing in terms of popularity on Twitter (where Pokemon staff collect info on popularity)
And a solid boost on merchandise.
No one in Japan plays Smogon.

Why would they cancel megas? It doesn't make sense.

Just nerf M Kanga and M Sala , or continue to make Pokemon that are stronger than them.

They've needed to nerf Mega Kangaskhan for a while now, to be honest, because almost NOTHING can stand up to it 1-v-1 without getting beaten to a pulp first. And on another subject, Salandit is shaping up to be a unique little lizard. :D Hopefully it keeps its' typing when it evolves to its' strongest potential, although a poison/dragon that can poison absolutely anything it wanted to is always a fun little perk too. It would need to not be slow as tar for that to work though.

They've needed to nerf Mega Kangaskhan for a while now, to be honest, because almost NOTHING can stand up to it 1-v-1 without getting beaten to a pulp first. And on another subject, Salandit is shaping up to be a unique little lizard. :D Hopefully it keeps its' typing when it evolves to its' strongest potential, although a poison/dragon that can poison absolutely anything it wanted to is always a fun little perk too. It would need to not be slow as tar for that to work though.
I would be surprised if Mega Kanga isn't nerfed since I remember reading even Game Freak saying that they might, just might, have accidentally given it too much power.

I would be surprised if Mega Kanga isn't nerfed since I remember reading even Game Freak saying that they might, just might, have accidentally given it too much power.
Thats old news. VGC adapted and Gamefreak recognized it, so they say its fine now. I believe it was during the Mega Slowbro and Audino reveals.

1) They are doing such a GREAT job on these designs thus far. Every reveal has been fun. Don't know how these Pokemon do competitively but I can't wait to catch them.

2) People have to stop wanting Gamefreak to nerf Pokemon. All Pokemon are not created equal. That's a good thing.

The new abilities they're introducing this generation are really good.

Comatose: You don't have to worry about Burns, Freeze, Paralysis or Poison anymore. Wonder if Corrosion will be able to break it?
Power Construct: I don't know complete Zygarde's base stats, but I'm pretty sure they'll get a boost. A cool ability, what Zen Mode should've been
Soul Heart: Special Moxie with added utility in Doubles & Triples? Hell yeah.
Stakeout: This'll make your opponent think twice before switching out.
Electric Surge: For the first 5 turns you get a free Sleep immunity and a 1.5X boost to your Electric STABs. Now Thunderbolt has more power than a STAB High Jump Kick. Very nice, I hope we see Misty and Grassy Terrain summoning abilities too.
Dazzling: OMG, this is amazing. Priority is huge in every standard metagame (and many OMs too), and being immune to it is brilliant. Even if Bruxish sucks balls, in metas like AAA that let you choose Pokémon's abilities, fast frail Pokémon like Weavile will love this ability
Beserk: A good ability, could work well with RestTalk as it's just a straight up boost so presumably it won't disappear when you go back over 50% (or so I'm hoping).
Battery: A good ability for Doubles and Triples, shame it's stuck on a crappy Bug-type
Corrosion: A brilliant ability that lets you spam Toxic with nary a worry. I wonder if it would Poison you if your opponent switched in something with Magic Bounce.
Full Metal Body and Shadow Shield are just clones though. I was expecting better, but at least Shadow Shield will be somewhat useful.

Send it to Croll and I and we will have a look over it first... We are obviously being very cautious.
Can we call him Croll now? I love that for some reason
The new abilities they're introducing this generation are really good.

Comatose: You don't have to worry about Burns, Freeze, Paralysis or Poison anymore. Wonder if Corrosion will be able to break it?
Power Construct: I don't know complete Zygarde's base stats, but I'm pretty sure they'll get a boost. A cool ability, what Zen Mode should've been
Soul Heart: Special Moxie with added utility in Doubles & Triples? Hell yeah.
Stakeout: This'll make your opponent think twice before switching out.
Electric Surge: For the first 5 turns you get a free Sleep immunity and a 1.5X boost to your Electric STABs. Now Thunderbolt has more power than a STAB High Jump Kick. Very nice, I hope we see Misty and Grassy Terrain summoning abilities too.
Dazzling: OMG, this is amazing. Priority is huge in every standard metagame (and many OMs too), and being immune to it is brilliant. Even if Bruxish sucks balls, in metas like AAA that let you choose Pokémon's abilities, fast frail Pokémon like Weavile will love this ability
Beserk: A good ability, could work well with RestTalk as it's just a straight up boost so presumably it won't disappear when you go back over 50% (or so I'm hoping).
Battery: A good ability for Doubles and Triples, shame it's stuck on a crappy Bug-type
Corrosion: A brilliant ability that lets you spam Toxic with nary a worry. I wonder if it would Poison you if your opponent switched in something with Magic Bounce.
Full Metal Body and Shadow Shield are just clones though. I was expecting better, but at least Shadow Shield will be somewhat useful.
Must admit, while I was defending their abilities being clones... it is a little disappointing now we know that like everything else is getting a new, really unique and really cool ability. Even superior versions of Clear Body/Multiscale would have been nice. Here's hoping they get something different in alternate forms.

I have a feeling that Salandit will be used by the evil team alooot ...and that we'll be needing alooot of Antidotes.

I do like the design though. Kinda reminds me of that other bandit/crook reptile of this series.

Judging from their appearances, I think Solgaleo will be a slow bulky tank like Dialga. Its typing will cause it issues due to Primal Groudon and Ho-Oh being all over the place, but it is a nice check to Xerneas. I think it will learn a lot of Fire moves, and likely Morning Sun due to its solar connotations. Being Psychic type, Calm Mind's a strong possibility too. I see its base stats being something like this: 165 HP / 92 Atk / 135 Def / 110 SpA / 90 SpD / 88 Spe. A bit like a physically bulky Ho-Oh.

Lunala I see as being a fast frail attacker. I think they'll both have the same base stats, just rearranged, so I think Lunala's will be something like: 92 HP / 110 Atk / 90 Def / 165 SpA / 88 SpD / 135 Spe. I'm pretty sure it will learn Moonblast and Moonlight due to its lunar connotations (Cresselia does after all). Its typing will give it problems with Yveltal and Sucker Punch users in general, although on the plus side it only has 2 weaknesses. Multiscale Sorry, Shadow Shield would help patch up its bulk.
Must admit, while I was defending their abilities being clones... it is a little disappointing now we know that like everything else is getting a new, really unique and really cool ability. Even superior versions of Clear Body/Multiscale would have been nice. Here's hoping they get something different in alternate forms.
Personally, I would've made Full Metal Body weaken super effective moves (like Filter) but then boost its Defence if it's hit by one. I would've made Shadow Shield weaken neutral moves.

Judging from their appearances, I think Solgaleo will be a slow bulky tank like Dialga. Its typing will cause it issues due to Primal Groudon and Ho-Oh being all over the place, but it is a nice check to Xerneas. I think it will learn a lot of Fire moves, and likely Morning Sun due to its solar connotations. Being Psychic type, Calm Mind's a strong possibility too. I see its base stats being something like this: 165 HP / 92 Atk / 135 Def / 110 SpA / 90 SpD / 88 Spe. A bit like a physically bulky Ho-Oh.

Lunala I see as being a fast frail attacker. I think they'll both have the same base stats, just rearranged, so I think Lunala's will be something like: 92 HP / 110 Atk / 90 Def / 165 SpA / 88 SpD / 135 Spe. I'm pretty sure it will learn Moonblast and Moonlight due to its lunar connotations (Cresselia does after all). Its typing will give it problems with Yveltal and Sucker Punch users in general, although on the plus side it only has 2 weaknesses. Multiscale Sorry, Shadow Shield would help patch up its bulk.

Personally, I would've made Full Metal Body weaken super effective moves (like Filter) but then boost its Defence if it's hit by one. I would've made Shadow Shield weaken neutral moves.
Solgaleo's maximum possible HP stat is 152.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)