Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
One weird thing though...Would you really entrust the formation of a League to a newbie Trainer that doesn't know shit ? That's strange.
Total speculation on my part of course, but since the E3 footage mentions Tapu Koko "visiting" the protagonist, maybe that's the reason why you're entrusted with forming the league. Maybe in a way, Tapu Koko "choosing you" means that they see potential in you.

I'm really not a fan of that Popplio design. I doubt they would make a starter have a such a blatant female focused design on a Pokemon that's male the majority of the time.

You could have been the chosen one by Tapu Koko, with the task of selecting the best trainers of your continent to become gym leaders, and when you do it, you'll meet the elite 4, that'll test your merit in choosing the eight people. This plot is quite nice.

Nelson Tangela Those leaks from Pokéjungle seem more legit than the other leaks we've seen, due to the detailed reference sheet we have witnessed. If people bitch about their looks, the designs are more than likely real. If people fall for them right off the Zubat, they're fake, such as Zerudez's fake "leaks".

Also, the Litten final shows Ash on the bottom part of the reference sheet, hence the Pikachu. I really like the depiction of the sniping owl, heel-wrestling tiger, and selkie.

I am hoping and praying to the Llama God Arceus himself that these leaks aren't real. No gyms or Pokemon League? And Jesus Christ LITTEN'S FINAL EVO. IT'S SO FUCKING UGLY. If this is true I will actually not pick Litten. It will be the Delphox of Sun and Moon. And that would make it the whopping fourth Fire/Fighting starter, which is just really stupid. I like Rowlet and Popplio's evos though. I'm torn between the two now. Although from what the Sun and Moon website tells us, I can understand Rockruff evolving into a werewolf though. PLEASE DON'T BE REAL.

EDIT: Never thought I'd say this, but if this is true, I might pick Rowlet. It's final evolution definitely looks the coolest.

Last edited:
I'm really not a fan of that Popplio design. I doubt they would make a starter have a such a blatant female focused design on a Pokemon that's male the majority of the time.
Well either it'd be a better version of Venusaur's gender differences or perhaps as several Pokemon have already shown, femininity does not define gender.

As weird as it seems for being the PC's possible task, that whole "Create the Alola Pokemon League" thing could be nice. At least it's something else.
One thing that could be reaaaaaaally cool : You create the league and then in the Anime Ash is told "A new league was recently created in this region, go check it out!"

Gardevoir isn't a starter and Delphox is a witch/warlock, there's no real gender bias there.
Gardevoir is basically Wally's starter, and iirc the one he uses is male in the original games. They easily could have made it non-feminine just for him.
And regardless of Delphox's basis, they still played on super traditional feminine looks.

Male Lopunny also exists. As well as male Roselia/Roserade.

The thing with the assumed Popplio Siren is that every starter is, if I remember right, 60/40 for male/female ratio. I've never found Delphox more feminine than any other starters, but with this one it really is.

It would be interesting if they went and made its ratio be different though, that would be a first.

The thing with the assumed Popplio Siren is that every starter is, if I remember right, 60/40 for male/female ratio. I've never found Delphox more feminine than any other starters, but with this one it really is.

It would be interesting if they went and made its ratio be different though, that would be a first.
It's way steeper than that, I think the odds are 87.5% male/12.5% female. They don't want you breeding starters early, since Ditto is usually late game.

Poor MeGallade stuck with this useless ability...GameFreak why you do this ? :mad:
Inner Focus isn't useless. Here's better examples of useless:
Slow Start
Truant
Defeatist
Rotom-Fan's Levitate

Unfortunately no. It was rather annoying.

Also, first Sun/Moon plushes revealed:-

If you don't think these are adorable we can't be friends
I WANTS THE PRECIOUS!
Sorry, I really want that Rowlet plushie (all I want for Christmas is Sun, Moon, and a Rowlet plushie).
Also, it looks like we're still friends, Kurona, cause these are freaking adorable (and this is the most I've liked Popplio).

Now that I remember... would there be a chance that Corrosion is inspired by that Gen II glitch where Twineedle could poison Poison and Steel-type Pokemon?

(Likely not, but it's kind of a coincidence)
It wasn't a glitch. See, Steel-types weren't straight up immune to the poison status condition, just the type. Since Twineedle was the only non-Poison move that could poison, it could poison Steel-types. Poison-types, on the other hand, were still just as immune to poison as usual. This changed in Generation III when Steel was given the status immunity.

free-for-all weekend.
O.o

Approved :D

PS: A close friend of mine confirmed that he indeed saw this text before Salandit's reveal.
View attachment 65287 View attachment 65288
No gyms? That seems likely unlikely.
I can't help but be skeptical, especially since many fakes might take real leaks (Salandit) and incorporate them.

Though I am starting to realize how much of my caution is coming from constantly have to remind fellow Star Wars fans about this (and why I don't go to areas speculating on future films since it is annoying as hell). Thank Arceus that the vast, overwhelming majority of you are cool, intelligent people.

It sounds like this:

That Rowlet evo.
Popplio's evo is okay I guess.
While I don't care if Litten is bipedal or not, that's not a good design. Wait a minute...

Now I am even MORE skeptical that these are real.

Sexual dimorphism doesn't always work with our ideas of femininity, which can change culturally over time. I mean, look at peacocks and peahens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)