Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping Mudsdale is decent as we could use a fast but frail ground-type to buck the status quo. If high horsepower is any good maybe Rapidash (fingers crossed for Fire / Fairy mega) could get some use out of a strong ground move.

More importantly, I'm really hoping some of these abilities get distributed to older Pokemon. It would be a shame to waste such potential on what will likely end up being mediocre mons.
Don't count your Torchic before they've hatched.

I think Hyper Training will make Breeding non existent. Also the Legendary Pokemon will not be as valuable as before. At the same time it also depends how Battle Caps are obtained. I really think that is one of the sickest things they did.

I remember when I first saw Klefki and thought "this is dumb as hell", now a vast majority of people use it because its a low key monster lol.
Dude I fucking love klefki design. The fact that he is good is just a boon on the cake!.

Just like me and my obsession with slowbro, used if fairly with amnesia rest in RBY, used it on almost every GSC run, then used cm sleep talk in the third gen, followed by specs trick in the 4th, into regenerator shenanigans in BW to a bunch of sets in XY.

Loving a Pokemon and it being actually good is just amazing!

Dude I fucking love klefki design. The fact that he is good is just a boon on the cake!.

Just like me and my obsession with slowbro, used if fairly with amnesia rest in RBY, used it on almost every GSC run, then used cm sleep talk in the third gen, followed by specs trick in the 4th, into regenerator shenanigans in BW to a bunch of sets in XY.

Lol to each is own, ill tell you what though. I'm actually a pretty big fan of most all the new mons being introduced.
(excluding Bewear and Bruzish, terrible looking imo)

I hope to god that Mimikyu has great viability being ghost is my favorite type, plus fairy whooh!
But I also want Drampa and Salandit to have good viability as well.

perhaps cool evolutions for the three? who knows.

I think Hyper Training will make Breeding non existent. Also the Legendary Pokemon will not be as valuable as before. At the same time it also depends how Battle Caps are obtained. I really think that is one of the sickest things they did.
Untrue. Natures will still be a major factor as well as Egg moves.
Hyper Training just works to remove an unnecessary skill gap created by RNG.

As far as we know now...who's to say that will be the case with + pokemon? Also some people care enough to follow the rules to the letter and by technicality, even though it's the same thing basically, it wouldn't be viewed that way
Following things by the letter means no use of power saves at all. If you edit anything into your save, you're circumventing the rules. Sure, it's easier to just have 999 caps than editing ever single Pokemon, but a hack is a hack.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
While GF letting you raise IVs does lessen the accomplishment of breeding a perfect Pokemon, at the same time I don't think it'll replace it. That would be stupid. Though I think we can get bottle caps in the game, I think we'd essentially would need to grind for them. We'd just be replacing one form of busy work for another. The ideal method would be the bottle caps collecting will take longer but it less intensive while breeding, if you know what you're doing, is more quicker but more tedious (if you're going for purely one method over another). Or you could mix both methods by breeding a Pokemon just right enough that if there is any problem with its IVs you can fix it with some bottle caps. Also we still got Natures and Egg Moves (plus Hidden Power), so there is still some breeding needed.

And why would making Legendaries viable not be as special? If anything they'll make Legendaries worth a damn, especially one that come from Events.

The impression from the flavour text is that Mudsdale will be slow, strong and bulky but you can never really trust that.
My personal expectation is for a tank that's a bit less bulky but faster than Hippowdon.

snip

And why would making Legendaries viable not be as special? If anything they'll make Legendaries worth a damn, especially one that come from Events.
I think I know the answer to this. Yes, on one hand they'll be worth a damn for both the casual and hardcore players alike, but on the other hand that's also probably where the problem lies: if something is now accessible to everyone, then it certainly isn't special and consequently is less valuable than it once was. Much like getting a shiny Gyarados in G/S/C/HG/SS isn't anything to brag about.

Basically, legendaries and even shiny pokemon (to some extent) are bound to lose trade value and certain people are getting bummed out by it. I don't blame them, though; I blame game freak for taking so long to fix this two-decades-long issue.

Last edited:
I think I know the answer to this. Yes, on one hand they'll be worth a damn for both the casual and hardcore players alike, but on the other hand that's also probably where the problem lies: if anyone can have it, then it certainly isn't special and consequently less valuable than it once was. Basically, legendaries and even shiny pokemon (to some extent) are bound to lose trade value and certain people are getting bummed out by it. I don't blame them, though; I blame game freak for taking so long to fix this over-a-decade-long issue.
Unless there's a way to have Hyper Training raise IVs 1 at a time, Specific Hidden Power Legendaries will continue to be valuable though, since those are a one in a few thousand chance to get. Even then, you have the fact that some people wouldn't be arsed to try to reset/get another copy of the games but want to use a different nature for a specific legendary they've already caught. Yeah they'll probably be less sought out, but i doubt there's enough reason for people to not continue to want to trade for them.

Unless there's a way to have Hyper Training raise IVs 1 at a time, Specific Hidden Power Legendaries will continue to be valuable though, since those are a one in a few thousand chance to get. Even then, you have the fact that some people wouldn't be arsed to try to reset/get another copy of the games but want to use a different nature for a specific legendary they've already caught. Yeah they'll probably be less sought out, but i doubt there's enough reason for people to not continue to want to trade for them.
You see, I'm not saying people will stop trading for legendary pokemon, but like you said, they will definitely be sought out for less. Also, another thing that I think some people are getting bothered by is the fact that the possibly extensive collections of flawless legendaries they might've acquired throughout the years are being suddently trivialized just like that. For example, I could boot up ORAS right now, catch every single legendary available which wouldn't take more than a couple of days if I'm not SR'ing for anything other than natures, and in 4 months from now I'd have essentially accomplished in a couple of days what could've taken YEARS to some other dude out there.

In my opinion that is a selfish feeling of frustration—to want a fellow player to get just as much shit as you did—but I can't say it isn't understandable at the very least.

Last edited:
Tbh I have shit to do and I don't have enough time to just spend hours breeding (did at one point; now I don't) and for those who don't have access to PKHex or want to have that value of using their in-game team competitively or whatever it is I'd rather let them be able to actually have time rather than not because of some weird ass complex.

Breeding is still good and you will still get good Pokemon via trade but yeah I'm not going to complain because of things becoming easier.

What the heck, people are fast with the fanarts lol.

Kudos to Siplick for this great piece!
Hey Pokemon 5 nights at fre
Oh, these are some... interesting designs.

Kiteruguma:
Or what I'm sure the internet is going to call it, Pedobear. Heck, the description we get for it sort of fits, people fear it and it gives killer hugs. :P
Jokes aside, this is a design that's going to take some getting used to. Honestly had Serebii and Bulbapedia not report this I would be calling these guys fakes. Even for more simplistic Pokemon designs these are far out there. Now I guess Kiteruguma is suppose to be a teddy bear (though it has cat(?) ears and a racoon-like tail; is it suppose to be a tanuki-like thing?) and the idea that its suppose to look adorable but that's to deceive those to come close so it could hug break them. But... I just don't get it. It looks like a guy in a mascot outfit. And why Normal/Fighting-type? Or specifically, the part Fighting-type? Yeah, killer hugs, but how's that anything different from say Snorlax or other physically strong Normal-types?
Looking at the positive (aka away from its design; seriously I need to know what the design concept around this guy is), Normal/Fighting is a neat offense STAB combination (walled by Ghost-type, what makes Mega Lopunny good is that it gets Scrappy to work around). I'm sure it'll get other type moves to get around that (probably a few Dark-types) so I guess no big deal (would also help with its Psychic weakness).
Klutz (gee, a Pokemon that looks like a guy in a mascot costume can't move that well, you don't say) has never been that great aside from some Trick/Switcheroo sets, and I don't see this Pokemon getting one of those moves. Fluffy is probably going to be its Ability you want, it already sounds like something defensive maybe on a similar level of Fur Coat. We'll have to see.

Mimikkyu:
So our first Ghost/Fairy-type (though I still argue that should have been the Misdreavus family, they're based on a ghostly fey), and in a short time it has grown on me. At first I also wasn't sure about the design until I looked closer and read the description. This here shows how a description can help with the design:

"Why does this thing look like a child's attempt to draw Pikachu?" Oh, well because that's no the actual Pokemon. The actual Pokemon, or at least its eyes, are the dots on the lower half and its wearing a cloth because it doesn't like the sun.
"Okay, but why does it look like Pikachu?" Because it apparently wants to be loved just as much as Pikachu is and the cloth is made from a Pikachu plush that was popular 20 years ago (for that extra punch in the gut).

Excuse me, I got to find my Pikachu plush I was bought when I was a kid and give it a hug...

Of course it is still a Ghost-type (and Fairy-type if you go by old fey lore) so will afflict you with an illness if you remove its cloak (oddly its Ability doesn't sound like it has anything to do with that, but we'll discuss that in a bit. However I'm guessing it gets a nice bit of support moves including afflictions). Also the second image of it attacking helps show it's more than what it appears to be.
Ghost/Fairy type are one of those types people have been wanting to see. Good both offensively AND defensively, though like with the good Abilities we've seen so far I just hope Mimikkyu is up to the task of showing off what that type combination can do (or it at least evolves and its evo keeps that type). Its Ability is also an interesting point, a new one called "Disguise". Now from name alone you'd think an Illusion clone but I don't think that's the case here due to how unique Illusion is. Obviously it'll have to do something with being deceptive, but what we'll just have to see.
What if Mimikyu evolves through frendship or pokemon amie

Now, the name does have so
An interesting "blink and you'll miss it" thing in the trailer. At 1:25, a player is seen blow-drying a Pikachu with a Porygon blow-dryer. After that, hearts pop up. It looks like Pokemon Amie is returning after all! Here's hoping the PSS and Super Training will return as well.
what trailer? link please
Ooh boy! A new trailer on top of CoroCoro leaks and it has a load of information:

0:18: NO HAT! We now know Ken Sugimori ain't directly involved with the art direction.
0:27: So there will be moves that hit all opponents in Battle Royal. They'll probably become priority number one for the other opponents.
0:42: They changed around the menu. As always we have Pokemon in your part (top left), Rotom Dex (top right), Bag (middle left), and Save (middle right). However there are two there that's new with Name (your Trainer Card) and Options "gone". If I had to take a guess, maybe they combined your Trainer Card with the Options and that's the bottom left icon. But what's the bottom right icon then? It looks like a Pikachu head logo with a brush. Could it possible be this game's version of Pokemon-Amie?
0:54: No new Eeveelution. :(
1:20: SEE SUPER MOVE DISCUSSION BELOW
1:24-1:26: So Pokemon-Amie looks to be back (or Sun & Moon's version of it), and it's been expanded upon:

• Instead of teleporting into a rainbow field pocket dimension, your bond with your Pokemon in an environment resembling the one you're currently in.
  • You can groom your Pokemon (an option provided via the top right icon). In the trailer we see you can blow dry (with a Porygon 2 blow dryer) your Pokemon dry after getting wet (possibly by another grooming item? Maybe we can bathe our Pokemon and then dry them off).
  • There's a top left icon with something that looks like a malasada (the favorite treat of our rival, Hau), my guess they're replacing the Poke Puffs. Silly Hau, malasada (Pokasada?) are for Pokemon!
  • Bottom right icon looks like will let you switch to another Pokemon without needing to exit the interaction screen, a feature notably missing from Gen VI's Pokemon-Amie.

1:30-1:35: Well I guess that confirms the CoroCoro leaks if there was any doubt (Kiteruguma looks a bit better in its 3D model). You know, being how fast they showed them I wonder if the intent was to get you excited for seeing a glimpse of them in this trailer and THEN seeing more info about them from CoroCoro. If that's your intent GF I suggest releasing trailers at least a week before CoroCoro as you must know it leaks early.
1:36: Environments look great and I guess also confirm you can still find Poke Balls containing items on the ground.
1:42: SEE RIDING POKEMON DISCUSSION BELOW
1:45: SEE SUPER MOVE DISCUSSION BELOW
2:03: (Insert outdated meme about being on a water vehicle)
2:04-2:05: SEE RIDING POKEMON DISCUSSION BELOW
2:05-2:10: SEE SUPER MOVE DISCUSSION BELOW

Super Moves:
WOOT! So THAT'S what the bracelets are for! Can we finally put the Synchro stuff to rest now? Not until they say so? Fine.
But yes, looks like at least one of the new features of the new crystal/gem/diamond bracelets looks to be performing a super move. From what I can guess, you activate it (1:46 could be the symbol for the Super Moves), your trainer does an action associated with the element of the super move (1:20 is the Electric-type one where your trainer forms a lightning bolt symbol with their arms. 2:06-2:07 shows us a quick segment for the Grass-, Fire-, and Water-type), your Pokemon receives the energy and has the Super Move's type appear in front of them, and then they perform it. Electric is a super Thunderbolt, Grass is a rainbow leaf explosion, Fire is a huge fire ball, and Water is a huge whirlpool.
I could now start speculating about how the mechanics could work activating the Super Move but that would me making blind guesses. All I will say I doubt you can pull them off all the time, there must be something you need to do to get access to it like filling up a guage of some sort. Also do you just perform the Super Move of the Pokemon's primary type or, basing an idea off the fake Synchro gif, could there be multiple crystals/gems/diamonds you can collect of each type and you can only have one active at a time (either your locked into the one you choose before battle or you can maybe switch them out by giving up a turn). But I'm getting into speculation so I'll stop.
BUT WAIT! What does this mean for Mega Evolution? Hmm, well maybe this connects to it somehow. Maybe the bracelt is multi-functional, can both Mega Evolve and activate Super Moves. Maybe instead of filling up a guage you can use the Super Move anytime you want... by giving up use of Mega Evolving! Mega Moves! So many possibilities, yet so little information.

Riding Pokemon:
So in addition to Stoutland you can ride a Tauros, Lapras, and Sharpedo. Now the latter two at first don't sound like anything new, but it is as they now had a device you can strap to them (Lapras gives the player a high seat while Sharpedo turns it into a sort of jet ski). Also Tauros look to have the special feature of charging while on it.
All this looks really cool... which makes me wonder if these are your Pokemon. When it was just a saddle for Stoutland and now Tauros I was willing to say yes... but then I saw the vastly different equipment attached to Lapras and Sharpedo. I can believe carrying around a saddle, and maybe special equipment for water Pokemon, but two? I'm beginning to wonder are these our Pokemon or Riding Pokemon like in XY where they're only for one area and not owned by us.
I'm hoping we can ride our Pokemon and they expanded on the idea so there's a lot of Pokemon we can ride on, but now I'm being a bit cautious as what I'm seeing is making me wonder how that would work in the game.
what the crap is that pose?
"It has been confirmed that next month's issue of CoroCoro, due for release on August 12th, will have a special "Southern Island Alola Guide" which is said to give all the important information that you need for your journey." ~ Serebii
Southern Islands? Does this mean that there are even more islands that we don't know about? Woah, first Amazon Screws up, accidentally revealing multiple islands and then this?
You have to give this much: at least they're consistent!
what? that they are good at being consistent at inconsistency?
"The first strategy guides for Pokémon Sun & Moon have been announced for Japan by Overlap. There are two guides, one is the special Story Guide which will guide you through the game while the other is the Full Alola Pokédex, both retailing for 1400¥ each. However, there is a double pack which comes with both strategy guides for 2700¥. This is noteworthy because it comes with multiple benefits. First it comes with a B3 Alola Region Map Poster, an eBook coupon to allow for you to get the digital version of the guide, and even more noteworthy, is a special Serial Code for Pokémon Sun & Moon. This Serial Code will give you access to a special new item for Pokémon Sun & Moon."
~Serebii
you wanna bet those are the bottle caps
Not only is Japan hoarding the earlier events, but they get the cool methods to use them. Watch as the western world just gets Magearna handed to us, albeit half a year later.
yeah, i mean, we still haven't got volcanion
No, it just means that when they do the American release (and every other country), then you can get it from a generic QR code as well, even if you don't attend any events. It works out the exact same way in the end as when they do Wifi Mystery Gifts, which are also separated by country but available to all people in the country.
the thing about the magearna event is that you won't wave to do anything because the qr code is the same for everyone, and ou can just look it up then
Wouldn't they want Go and Sun and Moon to be connected? Go players who do not have a 3DS would want to buy one so they could do whatever theoretical connecting feature the games had.
they said they would be.
Awww that new grass type is so cute! RIP Cherrim though.
Dreadlock horse is the only one that doesn't appeal to me.
Another pure fairy that looks like grass type, hmmm...

Awwww....
DID ANYONE NOTICE THAT IT WAS 20 YEARS-------.
Is it just me, or does it look like Mudsdale has a signature move? It hits Togedemaru super-effectively, which strongly suggests that it's a Ground-type move, and the animation was horseshoe-shaped.
This is really awesome.

Musdale is amazing an increase of defense when hit is really good. I think this one gets the cake in this reveal.

Look at this!! -> When Mudsdale gallops in earnest, the power of each hoof-clop can dig out huge holes, even in asphalt. Mudsdale is forbidden to run on some of Alola’s public roads. (So powerfu!!)

Wimpod while has an interesting ability in battle with a trainer vs trainer instead of fleeing is a switch out.

Comfey has priority Healing moves always higher than others that's really cool until now Talonflame was the only one with priority in healing but only because Roost was flying type.

-> Comfey also helps with the treatment of people and Pokémon at Pokémon Centers and hospitals, thanks to its aroma.

Mimikyu has a really awesome ability it can take any attack no matter how strong once.

Bewear's Fluffy works like we thought Furfrou ability did before but this time really is for contact moves in exchange for a Fire weakness.

->It loves to give crushing bear hugs—a tight hug from this Pokémon’s arms will split anything at all in two!

Some wild Bewear use amazing martial-arts moves. Apparently the Pokémon learn these moves by watching Black Belts practicing when they go out to train in the woods.

Hyper Training I don't know really well how it works other than at lv 100 you can boost stats somehow.

Bounsweet meh -> Unfortunately, it’s sometimes swallowed whole by Pokémon drawn to its aroma.

This batch of news is really good and hype

We can make our own Tournaments!!
we had prankster....
And then you cry because having 31 IVs across the board = Hidden Power Dark aka useless. I hope they can allow us to choose by how much we want the IVs to increase by though
that's interesting, because shininess and hidden power are based on ivs, so are they based on the original, or would they
Found the Pokemon on the site. Opinion dumb time.

Bounsweet: Well, Cherubi is now crying.

Well, this is pretty funny at least.

Bewear: Apart from the amazing name, I really like the Fluffy ability. Reminds me of Fur Coat. I dislike the added Fire weakness but w/e. I feel really bad for Bewear though, all it wants is hugs and now everyone's putting signs up about how dangerous it is :[

Comfey: Ugh I hate this thing. Not part grass and it just looks so weird. Like I can barely tell where the actual Pokemon is so to me it just looks like a ring of flowers. Triage probably means recovery boosting moves on. Mabye status removal as well.

Mudsdale: If we don't ride this I will really eat a hat. I love this Pokemon, its design is so great and Stamina seems like a great ability. +1 defense whenever its hit by an attack? I just hope it has decent or better base defense to make use of this ability. This thing WILL be a part of my in game S/M team. Defiantly. I love its design to much to pass.

Mimikyu: Well, p-poor Pokemon, you don't need to look like Pikachu to be my friend :[
(oh and ability is basically a better Multiscale)

Wimpod: Another Pokemon I really like the design of, and the purple.

Good luck catching this.
I agree what you said about Mimikyu, everything about it besides (probably) its stats in heavily envied by Lunala
Maybe it is like the legendary beasts and it will flee while asleep.
Why are y'all complaining about catchability? Sure, abra was hard, but for this thing, just send out a high leveled pokemon, lob balls at it and hold down the B-button.

And, remember there is a whole host of moves that old pokemon from gen 1 can learn that can be so easily abused is SM. The question is will they be allowed, or since they are technically gen 1 pokemon, will they be banned
But, much like Ability Capsules, Bottle Caps can just be hacked in.
ability capsule isn't nearly as annoying,
"The Japanese site elaborates and states that Magearna is holding a Silver Bottle Cap" ~Serebii

Hmmm...
bronze, silver and gold bottle caps confirmed
Wait, people are actually upset about the IV training thing? Breeding's not going to go out of style anytime soon due to egg moves and such (plus, we don't exactly know how easy the caps will be to obtain), and for people like me who spend most of the day either in college, working, or simply getting out of the house, the new feature will be a godsend for Legendaries and event Pokemon. I have a massive backlog of wondercards that I haven't yet SR'd simply because I don't have the time to throw away at the mercy of the RNG.

I mean, a part of me is sad to see RNG abuse in the older games become obsolete, but this is a good move for the series, especially to competitive play. Not everyone has the time to SR and breed, even if it was easier in Gen VI than it has been in other games.
if they do dexnav or something its lines, egg moves are gone too, then natures are a
now that I think About it, Wimpod can escape from Shadow Tag.Here's hoping for some dark type moves then.

And on a similar topic does this open the door to them making Teleport(voted by Jwittz as the Worst Move Ever) worth a damn in Battle?
finally, a possible mega gengar counter
Rebreeding isn't that bad. Just take a perfect Ditto and the 'mon in question, breed two, trade them forward, breed them.

Really? *looks it up* Well I'll be a son of a female Rockruff.
Does anyone else have the feeling like bottle caps are going to be purchased via Pokemiles?
what? like rare candies? Barely anyone used pokemiles in XYORAS cause it was always off to the side and forgotten.
Hyper Training doesn't seem like it will completely remove the need for IV breeding, it'll just make getting that almost-what-I-needed spitback good enough to keep (unless it's Quirky). Having to grind up to level 100 sounds like a pain in the ass anyway, so you just have to pick your poison. They've already made breeding a lot quicker, and hopefully with Hyper Training it just means a few dozen less level 1s occupying my bank.

When I first saw it, I assumed they wouldn't make it that easy (ie, Ability Capsule being difficult to get) but that Pikachu went from trash to perfect so. I wonder how common or rare bottle caps will be?

Also does this mean we have to start calling IVs "Individual Strengths"? Ha!
No, tPCi always loves to disacknowledge EVs and Ivs because of the very reasons Codaroll was mentioning earlier. Having hundreds of trash pokemon isn't in the spirit of the game, and they would much rather have people play disregarding such things, but since they matter too much to competitive battlers, they need to make it easier to increase things like Evs and IVs without dam
For those who think the bottle caps will be rare, friendly reminder that Powersaves still exists. I give the games a week after release before we get codes for cloning/item duplication; bottle caps are gonna be mass-produced by players who are "too ethical" to edit their Pokemon directly.
remember shared qr codes- if we get a bottlec.........
Because then, according to VGC rules your mon is still 100% legal. As long as the pokemon in your battle box have not been altered themselves, they're legal.
no, cause you still cheated. remember Verlisify's rant on Wolfy?

for all we know, the plus could also apply to pentagon pokemon, or tournaments allow for pokemon for one or the other

lol blaziken

Now, enough responses and now, my reflections:

These abilities are so good, I can see them bypassing even stats, to allow for good usability. However, the overall sentiment is both sad and true. Most of these pokemon are goinning to end up in PU-NU territory, because only the small higher class is lucky enough to be in OU-UU-RU-Ubers. Its a shame, given some of the best designs end up being those of terrible pokemon, like Zebstrika, Walrein and Gogoat.

oh yeah: off the thread for a week, and i have a post reflecting on 20 pages oof data

Last edited:
I wonder if Hyper Training will have a negative effect on trading and the wifi community. If people can get everything perfect why even bother trading with others now?

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Following things by the letter means no use of power saves at all. If you edit anything into your save, you're circumventing the rules. Sure, it's easier to just have 999 caps than editing ever single Pokemon, but a hack is a hack.
Hacking 999 caps don't even show up in hack checks.
How are you even going to detect someone has hacked 999 caps?

I wonder if Hyper Training will have a negative effect on trading and the wifi community. If people can get everything perfect why even bother trading with others now?
Some people like filling up the pokedex, especially since it can get you things like the shiny charm. There's also pokemon that evolve by trade. And help with breeding, because unlike what some people are saying, I don't think breeding has been nuked.

Last edited:
If Bottle caps end up being rare, I could see people trading them off in exchange for Shiny Pokemon and what not. Casual trading will also still be a thing since certain Pokemon will still only evolve via trading and there are still version exclusive Pokemon. I do agree that it will still have a negative effect on the wifi community, but trading will be far from dead.

You see, I'm not saying people will stop trading for legendary pokemon, but like you said, they will definitely be sought out for less. Also, another thing that I think some people are getting bothered by is the fact that the possibly extensive collections of flawless legendaries they might've acquired throughout the years are being suddently trivialized just like that. For example, I could boot up ORAS right now, catch every single legendary available which wouldn't take more than a couple of days if I'm not SR'ing for anything other than natures, and in 4 months from now I'd have essentially accomplished in a couple of days what could've taken YEARS to some other dude out there.

In my opinion that is a selfish feeling of frustration—to want a fellow player to get just as much shit as you did—but I can't say it isn't understandable at the very least.
It's hard for me to understand, actually. Especially since I've been in that position elsewhere. I've played Yu-Gi-Oh for a very long time and several times, I've had my hands on rather rare cards only for them to later be reprinted in an easier to obtain format. And I've only ever been happy about it, since it is easier for everyone to build decks. But that's the kind of person I am: happy when things are easier and more fair across the board.

you wanna bet those are the bottle caps
That is a very good possibility.

If two people have something the other wants, like Egg moves, HAs, Shinies, version exclusives, etc. And people are lazy. I mean, I bet you people were trading HA perfect Nidos before, and anyone with X or Y could do that with some time and effort.

Is it confirmed that wimpod's ability, in a trainer V trainer battle, switches out randomly, or is there a possibility it could be like u-turn when it takes damage?

Is it confirmed that wimpod's ability, in a trainer V trainer battle, switches out randomly, or is there a possibility it could be like u-turn when it takes damage?
Wimpod has the new Wimp Out Ability, an Ability that no other Pokémon has had before. With the Wimp Out Ability, if this Pokémon’s HP drops below half in battle, it will run away or swap out for another Pokémon.
It doesn't directly state, but my guess would be when it goes somewhere between 0%-50%, it switches out to another Pokemon of the trainer's choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)