Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just happy we get XY's trainer customization with even more options at our disposal. Thank Arceus, the female's hat looks like something straight out of Spongebob. (yes, I'm gonna use the female, wanna fight about it?) Kinda sad we can't use Bank to transfer over mons from 6th Gen right away, had a couple pokes ready to use.

Also, Eevee confirmed to be more busted than any of its eight evos, and that not all Z-Moves will be attacks.
I think the Z-moves are going to be kind of like special moves in Bravely Default/Second. Some are going to buff the Pokémon, some are going to deal a massive amount of damage, and some will nerf the opposing Pokemon.

ROCK RESISTS ICE THIS GEN???

RUGBY MONKEY LEAK WAS TRUE. SHITTY GIMMICK ABILITY THOUGH

MOON DOG GOT THE SHORT END OF THE STICK AGAIN WITH VITAL SPIRIT

YET AGAIN, FEMALE CHARACTERS SEEM TO HAVE MORE CLOTHING VARIETY

PIKACHU Z MOVE IS FUCKING ADORABLE

EEVEE ZMOVE IS ?????????????????

Last edited:
So got an Evil Doubles team idea. Shedinja and Passimian. Talk about nearly unkillable
This sounds so easily exploitable I guess Game Freak will wise up and prevent Wonder Guard from being Recieved. I mean, you are already incapable of Skill Swapping it or targeting it with Role Play, which are the most controllable ways (AKA 'Bring your own Shedinja to use it') of getting Wonder Guard on another of your Pokemon.

So, here are some things I took note of:

• Pallosand used both Shadow Ball and Earth Power. It mmay be a Special attacker rather than a physical one.
  • Reciever copies a fallen Ally's ability when it faints. Intimidate Shenanigains go go go
  • Instruct is a highly abusable move and can be scary with the right set up.
  • Midnight seems to be more defensive than Midday form.
  • Catastropika is "Pikachu's most powerful move", so its above 120 power.
  • Baton Pass Eevee is going to be scary to deal with. May be banned at Smogon rules, but anywhere else...watch your back.
  • Clothes colors can be changed by the player. Finally, no more hoving monry down the pit for a different colored shirt.

YET AGAIN, FEMALE CHARACTERS SEEM TO HAVE MORE CLOTHING

Wait where did they say rock resists ice?

I haven't watched the vid yet, or read most of this thread yet, since I'm still debating whether I want to go dark on more recent spoiler news. But, two things before I commit:

1) SUPPORTIVE Z MOVES :O :O :O NOW WE'RE IN BUSINESS BABY

2) Lycanroc is a terrible name, why drop the K when a Roc is a mythical bird :|

3) Expected forecast is mostly cloudy with slight squalls coming from the north with an increasing chance of Harambe memes

when i heard the not very effective sound i thought they had just changed the neutral hit sound this gen... if rock really does resist ice that's pretty huge, but it seems kind of odd since ice is so shit to begin with. maybe theyre gonna buff ice defensively this gen?

edit: never mind, upon some closer listening it seems to be the same...

Last edited:
This sounds so easily exploitable I guess Game Freak will wise up and prevent Wonder Guard from being Recieved. I mean, you are already incapable of Skill Swapping it or targeting it with Role Play, which are the most controllable ways (AKA 'Bring your own Shedinja to use it') of getting Wonder Guard on another of your Pokemon.
Its possible they might, but this isn't as set upable as just using Skill swap, plus Wonder guard has been effected by moves like Worry Seed, Gastro Acid, and Mummy, so who knows.

Huh? That sounded like the default hit sound to me.
Listen to it again. Sounds completely different

Its possible they might, but this isn't as set upable as just using Skill swap, plus Wonder guard has been effected by moves like Worry Seed, Gastro Acid, and Mummy, so who knows.
But those moves remove the ability. There's also Trace, but that requires an opponent with Wonder Guard, so there is no way to have an ally get it with a Shedinja of your own so far.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
  • Baton Pass Eevee is going to be scary to deal with. May be banned at Smogon rules, but anywhere else...watch your back.
The move Punishment would make short work of Eevee, though. Base power 60 + 20*(number of boosts). That sums up to 260, in my book. It's currently a rare move, but might see use if Eevee's usage rises too much.

Unaware 'mons like Clefable or Quagsire would also stroll straight up to Eevee and slap it across the room like a doll. Too bad Unaware and Punishment users don't overlap - yet.

Definitively football, classic three point stance
It's also a stance used in two different rugby scenarios:
a) scrumhalf gets the ball from the locks during a scrum and prepares to pass.
b) hooking it back using the feet is safer, but a 3 point stance is sometimes used to snap the ball back to avoid a ruck or maul.

Wow I don't really now how to feel about this trailer at all.

It's really weird to me that Lycanroc's midnight form isn't part Dark. I mean it's a goddamn werewolf, how much darker can one get?? And I'm hoping they have good HA's because while Sand Rush is good, it's kinda situational. Vital Spirit is even worse. Crossing my fingers for Tough Claws/Technician!
Them being version exclusives is also annoying, but I'm probably getting Sun, so whatever.

Passimian is cool and better than the other Fighting-types revealed, but I really don't want anymore pure Fighting-types. Would like it a LOT better had it been part Grass or something. Also hoping it gets a good HA's, even though it seems less likely this time.

Don't really care about Oranguru, and the Z-moves look really dumb, especially Eevee's. The animation is so cringe-worthy.

The best thing about this trailer was the customization part, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)