Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if Receiver works not just in doubles but in singles as well? You knock out Mega-Medicham and now you have Pure Power.
If it works in singles as well then this ability really is interesting
It only gets the ability of allies. Unless it works right as it switches in, it will have no effect in singles.

The way they say that Lycanroc has forms and not formes alludes to me that they'll have the same base stats, which I think is interesting. Why Midnight Form isn't Dark though is very odd. Still want it though.

The way they say that Lycanroc has forms and not formes alludes to me that they'll have the same base stats, which I think is interesting. Why Midnight Form isn't Dark though is very odd. Still want it though.
At this point mono rock is almost more interesting (though we did get that in Day form, so fair enough) than most Rock/Anything dual types, we don't have many of them, and fewer still are usable. Tyranitar has been well utilized in most GF approved metas and has done extremely well outside of them, too, so maybe they just didn't want it to compete with the pseudolegend.

Alternatively, they thought "adding Dark type to things is kinda cliche now, isn't it?" and nobody disagreed.

Then you Baton Pass to Espeon. Unless we are getting a Dark-type Unaware user, good luck with that :P
oh crap, I hadn't thought about that. Welp.
Not only is it not playing Rugby, it's also not a monkey. It's a lemur .

I'm noticing people don't really know the difference between primates and just call the all monkeys.
They're both primates which is close enough, so yeah pretty much :p

Last edited:
oh crap, I hadn't thought about that. Welp.

They're both primates which is close enough, so yeah pretty much :p
It's like calling a shark a fish. It's technically right but it doesn't do the shark justice. A gorilla being a little tiny circus "monkey" is just insulting.

Anyways I just want to see if Eevee is going to competitive in tiers above LC. Or at least a gimmick. The stat boosts cold be enough to keep it alive against Fully Evolved Pokemon maybe?

Now that I think back on it Lycanroc is the only Rock type that gets Sand Rush and not only does it get a boost on speed it also gets a boost on Sp def in sandstorm.

The drier for Pokemon Refresh looks like a Porygon2 the comb like a Tyranitar and the brush has a pokeball design.

Oranguru have been seen using Pokeballs...

Last edited:
What are the odds that a King's Rock Skill Link Cloyster flinches the opponent with an Instruct Icicle Spear or Rock Blast? Can anyone do the math?
It's a (9/10)^10 chance to move which means a 66% chance to flinch.

Everyone theorymonning ways to use instruct (Kangaskhan, Serperior, Boosting Sweepers, Volcarona + Oricorio in triples even) is a testament to how interesting this move is. I just hope Oranguru doesn't get outshined by Smeargle is its the only Pokemon that gets it.

Everyones hyping Extreme Evo boost, and I'm here thinking, " won't this move have normal priority and so, the moves activation depends on Eevee actually getting the chance to attack?"...
That's why it'll probably be better in Little Cup than in another tier. Maybe it can squeeze some use in PU but it seems unlikely.

What are the odds that a King's Rock Skill Link Cloyster flinches the opponent with an Instruct Icicle Spear or Rock Blast? Can anyone do the math?
Probably inverse to the chances of the average pokemon surviving 10 icicle spears/rock blasts.
It's a (9/10)^10 chance to move which means a 66% chance to flinch.
Or that. Huh. Not much better chance than just 5? Or am i severely bad at math?

Everyones hyping Extreme Evo boost, and I'm here thinking, " won't this move have normal priority and so, the moves activation depends on Eevee actually getting the chance to attack?"...
You could just Yawn with a minimum Speed Vaporeon/Umbreon and dry pass into Eevee the following turn to create an opportunity to Extreme Evoboost in peace. Then either pass back or just go into Espeon and win.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Eevee and Clefairy in doubles
Clefairy uses follow me, and "protects" Eevee from spread moves by weakening them further with friend guard, Eevee boosts itself

Have fun imaginating any combinaison of baton pass, psych up and transform (the two latter working through protect, when the opponent is "forced" to double aim eevee

Say "gg was fun" although it's only turn 4

I'm looking at Eevee's moveset now, and I am stunned at the sudden threat Eevee can be now. Notable moves include:

• Quick Attack
  • Last Resort
  • Double Edge
  • Hyper Voice
  • Echoed Voice
  • Return
  • Flail
All of this being powered up by Adaptability. Sweet Jesus...

So is it confirmed if a Z-Move takes up a item-slot or a move-slot? I am really concered on using Pikachu with a Z-Move, to be honest.

I'm noticing people don't really know the difference between primates and just call the all monkeys.
I've already explained how the 3 point stance works in rugby.
Also, read its description on the website: "Lobbing Berries at foes is how Passimian attack. They sometimes work in coordination with others, passing Berries back and forth to bewilder their opponents."
This is a tactic virtually unique to rugby. Lob the ball up in the air, or pass it back (and usually to the side) to your teammate. That's not to say you can't do it in gridiron football, but people just don't. The technique is very rarely effective, and when "go long!" forward-passes are legal, coordinated back- and side-passes just aren't as useful.
The sprite and model are even wearing a scrum cap rather than a football helmet, and the fur pattern matches the general idea of the collared jerseys!
Passimian is indeed a rugby playing lemur.

Yes but i thought the difference was between Apes and Monkies.
what did the leak about the 'rugby monkey' also say which we havent got announced yet?

Hold on, let's talk about something else.

So this Refresh feature, in addition to doing much if not all of what Amie does in Gen VI, can also cure status ailments. Never buy a status heal again. Though it sounds like the grooming mechanic is limited to after-battle, so you can't just spend a couple of hours getting your entire team to max affection in one go.

Hold on, let's talk about something else.

So this Refresh feature, in addition to doing much if not all of what Amie does in Gen VI, can also cure status ailments. Never buy a status heal again. Though it sounds like the grooming mechanic is limited to after-battle, so you can't just spend a couple of hours getting your entire team to max affection in one go.
Items can be used during a battle. Pokémon Refresh most likely can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)