Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alolan Muk looks absolutely amazing, I really like the color changing model, but probably my favorite part of the new trailer was Jangmo-o's evolutions, those are (in my opinion) the most bad ass Pokemon revealed so far.

We should all take a moment to revel in Kommo-o's amazing design.
Ditto this. I love this design.

It's like if breloom was cool instead of a derpy mushroom dinosaur.

I'm right there with you, alolan marowak was a dream come true, both of my favorite typings on my favorite mon as a kid. I definitely feel these forms are meant to make some of the more "forgotten" gen 1 mons look cooler.

(Also that stanky danky gen 1 pandering)
I wonder if a few of them are what the designs wanted to do with the pokemon originally or wanted to try out for years?

Like Fairy on Ninetales; they hinted for YEARS that it has mystical powers and Fairy is easy to switch with Psychic for mystical power based designs. So they probably went "Well we can't just slap fairy on to Fire and call it a new design" and decided rather than just switch it to Ice, but to finally add Fairy.
Rattata and Meowth kinda feel like that too. As a rat and a cat which is best known for trying to steal pikachu, they are both easy to make rather sinister; and oddly both have a lot of Dark type moves available to them. It was just they did not think of retroactively adding Dark to them in gen 2 when Magnemite was tinkered with.

I'm really happy with the newest batch of information! Kommo-o looks a lot better in the game than in the artwork even though I was disappointed at first. I'm pretty intrigued by its new move that lowers defense - after all we know how well close combat played out (which this will probably have too? Wowie!). Arceus2 Silvally is definitely an interesting concept, wonder how it'll occur in the game and exactly how its ability will function if not the same as Arceus itself. When I first saw Type: Null I was wondering why it was a plain normal type without any interesting ability. Tsareena...well now we have two grass type femme fatales!

And Muk is flat out amazing and so is its backstory. Poor plain old Muk deserved this trippy new design and secondary typing, it's probably the first Alolan Pokemon I think is truly better than the original. Also it reminds me of one of my favorite childhood ice creams, super man!

Side note: Reveal Alolan Persian already what's the hold up!

It is implied that Jangmo-o's line seems to derive from the Hawaiian word for giant lizard (mo'o). Does that mean we pronounce the little dragon's name as "jang - moh - OH"?

Unless my english has miserably failed me, I've just noticed that Silvally's ability ( RKS System ) is pronounced more or less like 'ar-key-ess', and what does that remind you guys of? I'll tell ya: Ar-key-uss, ergo how Arceus is pronounced by the Pokedex Pro 3d. * Arceus clone theory intensifies *

I also find it interesting how the website mentions that Silvally was created for the purpose of combating an incoming threat, but don't go into detail as to just who or even what this threat is. The more obvious guess would be the Ultra-Beasts, but perhaps they're talking about Solgaleo and Lunala or even another figure we haven't heard of yet? Thinking about it, how can we be even sure that the Ultra Beasts are indeed dangeous or evil and that there isn't an 3rd party pulling the strings behind the scenes? Man, I'm super stoked to find out.

To think the day would come when they created an odorless Muk. For the first time ever, I actually want to use Muk in-game! They also revealed a sound-based Dragon-type move, a permanent Quick Guard ability, and a non-Steel-type Gunk Shot...

Has anyone noted that the Mega Evolution is likely going to be a post-game feature? Because it seems to say that in the Japanese trailer. This means that we do not get to use Megas during our run. This also means that the Mega Stones are likely not going to be scattered around the region, but found in a post-game area. ...This means that there WILL be a large enough post-game area (Battle Frontier confirmed!?).

Leaps of logic aside, does anyone else think the fact that Z-Crystals get their own bag pocket indicates that there will be a lot of them? There are a lot of Mega Stones, and they do not seem to have a dedicated bag pocket for them. Unless they are being sensible and put both the Z-Crystals and the Mega Stones in one place, which would make looking for items in the bag much less tedious.

What about that heart-shaped pocket in the bag? Do we know what will go in there?

Finally, Silvally and the lame pronunciation Arkeus shoved down our throats. They should have localized it as Arseus in the first place. Sounds more godly, more faithful to the intended name, and less ambiguous. But no, they couldn't be arsed. I like the nod to Silicon Valley though.

EDIT: Still butthurt about it. RIP RCS System.

Hakamo-o and Kommo-o are really fun to say, really fun and look cool. I just rather they were steel not fighting (and defensive but eh) but I will live. Muk/grimer-A are fine, I like the old ones more but the rainbow effect is pretty. Silvally can go burn in a hole :3 I rather they didn't recycle Arceus' gimmick even if for what is "supposed" to be an attempt to mimic it. Ribombee looks nice, nothing amazing but nice. Steenee kind of looks like it should be a middle stage between Petail and Lilgant (sorry for the most likely misspelling too lazy to double check how to spell to poorly designed mons names). Tsareena is flat ugly. Also still saying Hakamo-o and Kommo-o outloud, they really rolls off the tongue.

To think the day would come when they created an odorless Muk. For the first time ever, I actually want to use Muk in-game! They also revealed a sound-based Dragon-type move, a permanent Quick Guard ability, and a non-Steel-type Gunk Shot...

Has anyone noted that the Mega Evolution is likely going to be a post-game feature? Because it seems to say that in the Japanese trailer. This means that we do not get to use Megas during our run. This also means that the Mega Stones are likely not going to be scattered around the region, but found in a post-game area. ...This means that there WILL be a large enough post-game area (Battle Frontier confirmed!?).

Leaps of logic aside, does anyone else think the fact that Z-Crystals get their own bag pocket indicates that there will be a lot of them? There are a lot of Mega Stones, and they do not seem to have a dedicated bag pocket for them. Unless they are being sensible and put both the Z-Crystals and the Mega Stones in one place, which would make looking for items in the bag much less tedious.

What about that heart-shaped pocket in the bag? Do we know what will go in there?

Finally, Silvally and the lame pronunciation Arkeus shoved down our throats. They should have localized it as Arseus in the first place. Sounds more godly, more faithful to the intended name, and less ambiguous. But no, they couldn't be arsed. I like the nod to Silicon Valley though.

EDIT: Still butthurt about it. RIP RCS System.
When was Gunk shot steel type?

Am curious to see how Alolan formes work. Like if I have a Kanto Grimer and evolve it in Sun and Moon, will it become Alolan Muk or Kanto Muk? If I breed 2 normal Muks do I get Alolan Grimer?

Are we allowed to mention the Riddler updated that chart of his? What interests me are the four women next to Salandit, (which are apparently Cleopata, Medusa, a kyubi and a siren). Salamander seductress hype?

EDIT: Link should work now. Also, apparently a toucan will explode into a ball of flames.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)