Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you imagine if Instruct works on Z moves? I highly doubt it because if it does, we may end up with situations like this:

"Hey Oranguru, look at what I can do!"

"That was cool. Do it again."
That would be a completely passive turn in Doubles, which is really hard to pull off and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
Double target that Eeeve.
Dead Eevee.
Sad Oranguru.

Can you imagine if Instruct works on Z moves? I highly doubt it because if it does, we may end up with situations like this:

"Hey Oranguru, look at what I can do!"

"That was cool. Do it again."
If that is the case that pair's going to end up a little busted in double battles.

CatastroPika: I think this is only time I have found Pikachu cute.

Extreme EvoBoost: At first, I didn't care about this move, but after reading the comments in this thread, I think I would like to try it. Specially if the other Eeveelutions get access to it.

Passmian: Did- Did the least believable part of the Chinese leak just get confirmed???

Oranguru: Why do I feel it will be a pain to defeat at Double Battles?

Lycanroc: I guess I'm going to get bad fursona. *sigh* Hopefully, there will be something in Moon that I like.

That would be a completely passive turn in Doubles, which is really hard to pull off and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Double target that Eeeve. Dead Eevee. Sad Oranguru.
+4 in both defensive stats is enough to tank hits though, but yeah, Eevee would have to set up at least a little bit BEFORE being double targeted I guess.

Oranguru seems like an incredibly awesome poke in Doubles. Have a mon setup QD or DD, and then instruct. Or better yet, have its partner discharge for double the chance of paralysis and then follow up with another spread move.

Forget Doubles, Baton Pass, or anything else, it's Little Cup Adaptability Eevee you have to worry about.

Still, I like both of the new monkeys designs but I think I'm swinging from Moon to Sun now based on exclusives.

Monkey things look cool. Wonder why Rockruff's evo's midnight form isn't part dark but whatever. Even more shocked that they didn't even mention AccelRock, or whatever its English name will be.

Dang, this trailer was crazy. It's giving competitive players all sorts of heart attacks. I know that this thread isn't meant for competitive discussion, but I just wanted to point out some of the possibilities with the new abilities and moves from the trailer that may not be as obvious.
  • Passmian: It's new ability, Receiver. There are the obvious things that you can do with this, such as having Passmian gain Moody or some other dangerous ability. What's not so obvious is that Receiver might work on Wonder Guard, because Trace also works on Wonder Guard. Imagine pairing Passmian with Shedinja, and having Shedinja suicide with Final Gambit or Sandstorm.
  • Oranguru: Instruct is giving VGC players heart attacks all over. It is obviously super good in Doubles, and the scariest part is that Smeargle, the bane of VGC, will be able to get this move.
  • Eevee's Z-move. Extreme Evoboost into Baton Pass is the obvious part. Extreme Evoboost into Stored Power is also a possibility that is just as dangerous and has the possibility to OHKO the likes of Garchomp.
What I find interesting is how much more blatant Gamefreak has been getting at designing Pokemon for competitive (VGC) use. These two monkeys are so obviously made for VGC, and the trailers were made to highlight their abilities. I love how Gamefreak is gradually promoting the competitive scene more and more.

In other news, the new trainer customization is interesting. It's great that we can change the color of our clothes now. I just hope that Festival Coins will be easy to accumulate.

Last edited:

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Huh, the official website says if you transfer a mon from gen 6 to gen 7, you won't be able to transfer it back to gen 6.

If you transfer a Pokémon to Pokémon Bank and then on to Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon fromPokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire,Pokémon X, or Pokémon Y, you’ll be unable to transfer it back to Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, or Pokémon Y.
I wonder why?

So I'm not sure if it's just lazily/badly translated, but the german site mentions Accelerock like this: "This move has especially high priority."
(like, if it was just a normal priority move , the word "Erstschlaggarantie" (basically means "guarantee to strike first") would be enough, but they say it has a especially high one)

This sounds like +2 or something to me, but maybe it's just not written correctly. Now if it really is +2 it would make it even better at checking Talonflame.

Cool news overall. I like Oranguru, hopefully it can have a hidden ability that helps it in singles.
Really hate how there's evolutions based on a specific version of the games, though I did plan on getting both eventually anyway..

Edit: also sad about not being able to transfer Pokemon back to Gen 6. Guess they were too lazy to check for new Pokemon and new moves on old Pokemon...

Last edited:
Well, no way I'm going to be able to respond to all this at once, so I won't try but...

RAISING EVERY STAT SHARPLY EEVEE. RIP LC. RIP PU. RIP EVERYTHING.

Last edited:

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Hasn't it always been this way with cross-generation transfers since Gen III?
Yes, but we also haven't had anything like bank before.

Bank can also do things like stop you transferring dragon ascent rayquaza back to XY. I wonder why it wouldn't just do something similar when transferring back to gen 6, and stop you transferring anything new to gen 7?

Huh, the official website says if you transfer a mon from gen 6 to gen 7, you won't be able to transfer it back to gen 6.

I wonder why?
That'd be the usual data reconfiguration that happens every new gen, I would assume. Either they've lost previously existing info, which would be shoddy storage at this point, or more likely they don't want the inconsistency caused by doing the following:

[ORAS pokemon]-----> move to SUN ------> Plays SUN minigame, wins SUN promotional scarf for pokemon (as an example)------> move to bank, then back to ORAS ----> Scarf no longer viewable in ORAS -----> move back to SUN ----> but where is scarf??????

Eevee is going to Ubers because of that awesome Z-Move.

Not gonna talk about all of that trailer, but Doubles just got a whole lot crazier.

I love the new Pikachu Z-Move, because that gives me an excuse to take a Pikachu and throw it into the sea, a big fire, or a bomb. I don't like Pikachu so I can get rid of it by using its Z-Move and throwing it far away. :P

Man trainer customization looked a lot cooler when you are like 17 years old in-game, but I guess around 14 isn't bad. Trainer might be younger but he looks like he just became a teenager judging by relative size to everybody else. I guess I'm cool with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)