Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alolan Grimer and Muk look really great. Grimer's model is better than his artwork, and Muk has nice subtle changes (the crystals sticking out of it, and the way its eyes are more angry looking).

Man.....this is so great yet so disappointing because it's probably going to be the only nerf....since they only care about VGCs. Can except 0 nerfs to mega mence or even ones like m-diancie.

I think giving steel and poison more coverage to beat fairies is something I want, like, really REALLY want.
And they're probably not going to buff M-Banette either. That's a shame.

Whoa wasn't expecting this much in addition to CoroCoro. This is all awesome! I wasn't expecting much at all for Bounsweet's evolution, I kind of forgot about her. But wow she is THICC lmao. The ability and signature attack are great. I wonder is she'll actually be viable with the right stats. Love her description on the site too.

Do not like Robombee. It looks permanently hunched over like a 80 year old man.

I like Jangmo-o's final evo more now have seen its 3D model. I'm not crazy over him but I like it.

Alolan Muk is amazing. Looks like a living acid trip. Would totally put him on my team.

Yep. Also, Silvally, and it's relation with "memories" and technology is in it's name. Silicon Valley.
The evidence from the French and German names for Silvally suggest that, in general, its name is a more straightforward combination of a word for "silver" plus a word for "ally" or "friend" (French Silvallié = silver + allié [French "ally"], German Amigento = ami [French "friend"] + argento [Italian & rare poetic Spanish "silver"]). I can imagine the English localisation team might have enjoyed the subtle "Silicon Valley" vibe, though.

Wait! Komo-o's move decreases DEF?
But but but it looks like a S.ATK-based move, what's the point Game Freak?
I fail to see your point. Kommo has a lot of empashis on attack and defense. Lowering one of its best stats is a worthy trade off if its damage is high enough.

A little disappointed that we have what seems to be 2 physical based pure grass mons. Think they missed a trick not giving one a secondary typing. Am loving A-Muk and what seems to be an increased move pool to take advantage of the Dark typing.

Loving all these moms more now we've seen their models move though. In game team decisions just got way harder.

Just pointing this out:

RKS System: Arr Kee Ess System (Arceus System).
In spanish: Sistema Alfa (Alpha System) -- Arceus is categorized as the Alpha Pokémon.
Huh, that's pretty neat actually. Makes me wonder what the Japanese name stands for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Is there any other reason why mega salamence and mega lucario were brought up at the end of the japanese trailer? Did they get nerfed as well?

I'm liking that Parental Bond has been nerfed. Definitely something I didn't expect.
Gamefreak does pay attention to what happens at VGC worlds and can be reliably expected to nerf the most obnoxious things they see there (also why they changed the timer system). That's why auto weather was nerfed to 5 turns after gen 5. This gen, it seems to be priority (particularly bravest bird) and megas getting nerfs.

Except I'm not exactly sure if the priority nerfs will actually work, it all depends on whether Bruxish/Tsareena are actually usable. Given that one of these is one of those mono grass attackers that gamefreak just loves making for some reason, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)