Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKIII *Official Media Only*

Status
Not open for further replies.
In that trailer, Crabrawler is shown using Lucario's Z-move, the one with multiple fists. So, I guess Bewear gets a signature Z-move after all?

e: I'm trying to find a source of Bewear's Z-move (the one giant fist) but I can't seem to find it, does anyone have it?
This video at 1:58

I'm shocked. I don't want to spoil anything from the datamining thread, but with not that many exclusive Z-moves, to think that Bewear randomly gets one... We might be misunderstanding something.

Okay, thank you for the video. It was a misunderstanding, yeah. The editing in that video makes it look like Bewear is the one doing the big tackle/fist thing right after the Z-move's name (which might just be the Normal Z-move), but the Z-move's name is the same as the one used by Lucario and Crabrawler. So... I guess neither Lucario nor Bewear have an exclusive Z-move.

Dang.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Nothing new from the trailer (at least info wise). However I don't know why people keep saying Bewear/Lucario has a Signature Z-Move. The reason the look different is because we were only seeing a part of the Z-Move animation and put together we see what the full Fighting-type Z-Move looks like.

Also, don't remember whether it was here or not where Z-Move Power discussion took place, but now that we know the Z-Move's Power is based on the Power of the move it replaced (do we have any idea if that follows a formula or did they go through each move and assign it a Z-Move power?) I don't think status moves will suffice for attacking Z-Moves.

Also I was thinking how Rayquaza would solve its issue with having a Mega Evolution button and Z-Move button at he same time: it won't. Maybe if Rayquaza know Dragon Ascent the game will simply not allow it to hold a Z-Crystal (coming up with some BS like how the power emitting from Rayquaza is nullifying/repelling the Z-Crystal). Yeah, a bit of a cop out since Mega Rayquaza can hold other items, but it would solve the issue and go with the idea that Z-Moves is essentially Mega Evolution energy focused into one super attack, you can have only one but not both.

I keep hearing about Mega Rayquaza... Is it really THAT broken?
Take the power of an already pretty good legendary Pokemon. Give it an amazing signature move. Essentially give it 100 extra base stat points in its already good stats. Give it an ability which helps reduce the pain of some of its weaknesses. That's essentially Mega Rayquaza.

Since it can hold an item which other Megas can't, it's essentially a Base 780 Pokemon that starts the first turn off slow and has a harder time initially switching in.

I keep hearing about Mega Rayquaza... Is it really THAT broken?
base 180 in physical AND special attack, as well as 100 or higher in all other stats. BST is higher than Arceus (god). ability weather negates flying weaknesses and can't be removed unless by very specific means, giving it only three weaknesses. not to mention mega evolving AND holding an item (for instance Life Orb). AND the brilliant decision to give it V-Create. you could smash glass and it wouldn't be that broken

provided, I'm not really sure what Z Crystals could offer Mega Ray outside of an obviously deadly 1HKO. Z-Ray seems kind of overhyped imo. it's still incredibly deadly without a hold item but a Z crystal just seems unnecessary on a mon that quite literally has its own tier where there are, by definition, no rules

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Before this goes too deep into MRay balance discussion, bear in mind they put more emphasis on balancing for VGC stuff and Mega Ray is only the 4th best restricted mon in VGC 2016. Still really good, but not exactly busted relative to a few others, and has a couple of pretty exploitable weaknesses.

Before this goes too deep into MRay balance discussion, bear in mind they put more emphasis on balancing for VGC stuff and Mega Ray is only the 4th best restricted mon in VGC 2016. Still really good, but not exactly busted relative to a few others, and has a couple of pretty exploitable weaknesses.
exactly. GF pretty much only cares about VGC, so the only reason I'd see the Z stone not being usable on it is if they didn't want to deal with the animation/secondary button

Also, do we know that the normal type Z-move has priority? I know the name was to the effect of 'Hypersprint' but I don't recall the base move used in the Funhaus gameplay

The card artwork for Rowlet3 looks absolutely amazing. I think they got the Archer theme just right (well, when it's holding the arrow. On the bottom of the pack it looks sort of awkward). The other two's card artwork looks decent but there's something off about Litten3 that I just can't shake. Popillo also looks so happy it's adorable.

From Serebii: The Grass starter is known in Japan as Junaibaa, the Fire as Gaogaen and the Water as Asirene. Unfortunately, any secondary types have yet to be revealed but be sure to check back.

We'll find out the English names eventually...
Seribii have changed their names slightly from the looks of things.

The Grass starter is known in Japan as Junaipa (ジュナイパー), the Fire as Gaogaen (ガオガエン) and the Water as Ashirene (アシレーヌ).

So, I'm guessing they're not doing split evos for SM. Maybe they are getting exclusive moves for each version? That's the only thing that I can think of that would link them to Rockruff.

So, I'm guessing they're not doing split evos for SM. Maybe they are getting exclusive moves for each version? That's the only thing that I can think of that would link them to Rockruff.
That was a mistranslation IIRC, the little blurb was somewhere along the lines of "The starters have a secret! Rockruff has a secret too!", implying the secrets were not the same.

From Serebii: The Grass starter is known in Japan as Junaibaa, the Fire as Gaogaen and the Water as Asirene. Unfortunately, any secondary types have yet to be revealed but be sure to check back.

We'll find out the English names eventually...
Oh, I thought we could guess secondary types from the names...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)