Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKIII *Official Media Only*

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands

Welcome to Alola!

So for the final time before launch, we are relaunching this thread in conjunction with another thread I will be putting up shortly. The other thread has reached over 200 pages of great discussion (and some not so great discussion) of all the Official Releases Of Material.

This thread will be where people can talk about those pieces of Official media which either come from the Pokemon Youtube channels or other official sources. We do not want to talk about the demo here as there are still many people who do not want any spoilers APART from the official media.

At this point, if you are still scared of Spoilers, I suggest you leave this subforum as there will be a LOT of information posted here over the coming days if GameFreak have done what they did with the ORAS demo and put most of the data in it. Data mines will be happening sooner than you think, and with less than 24 hours until the Demo reaches Japan/Australia, I suggest you go and hide for the next month. That data will be placed in new threads here, with the SPOILERS!!! tag, just to you know, reinforce the point.

If you post data sets from any data mining or demo spoilers in this thread you will be infracted.

The Official Youtube channel can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFctpiB_Hnlk3ejWfHqSm6Q And the Japanese one can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/user/PokemonCoJp

Current SM Timeline

10th February 2016: Magearna is revealed via early issues of CoroCoro.
14th February 2016: Magearna is officially revealed
26th February 2016: Pokemon Sun and Moon are officially revealed in a Nintendo Direct
15th April 2016: Magerna's typing is revealed to be Steel/Fairy.
10th May 2016: Alola and Starter Pokemon are officially revealed. Rowlet, Litten and Popplio.
2nd June 2016: Cover Legendaries are revealed, Solgaleo and Lunala. As well as high resolution images of Alola
10th June 2016: Corocoro leaks reveal Komala and Rockruff
11th June 2016: Zygarde 10% and 100% are shown at Taiwan nationals.
14th June 2016: Nintendo E3 Treehouse reveals Pikipek and Yungoos. The trailer then goes on to reveal Grubbin. Battle Royale mode is also teased.
Treehouse Video (Approx 45 minutes):
30th June 2016: New trailers revealing 7 new Pokemon: Tapu Koko, Charjabug, Vikavolt, Drampa, Bruxish, Cutiefly and Togedemaru.
7th July 2016: Salandit is revealed as well as Rockruff and Komala.
12th July 2016: CoroCoro leaks and reveals Bewear and Mimikyu.
19th July 2016: Another 6 Pokemon are revealed. Wimpod, Bounsweet, Comfey, Mudsdale, Mimikyu and Bewear. Hyper Training which allows you to change IVs is also revealed.
1st August 2016: Pokemon Youtube channels reveal 6 new Pokemon: Fomantis, Lurantis, Gumshoos (Yungoos' evolution), Minior, Mudbray (Mudsdale's prevolution) and Oricorio (A bird with four different formes depending on the island it is from). It also reveals 5 new formes for Kanto Pokemon: Exeguttor, Vulpix, Ninetales, Sandshrew and Sandslash. It also introduces Z-Moves, Kahuna's and the Island Challenge Trials.
9th August 2016: Corocoro leaks and reveals Alolan Marowak and Meowth as well as several new Pokemon. A Ground/Ghost Sandcastle two stage line, a fish which can appear to change formes and Bewear's prevolution.
10th August 2016: Leaks surfaced pointing towards August 12ths new information
11th August 2016: The Japanese Pokemon Youtube Channel releases a trailer showcasing the Pokemon from the leaks and some new Alola formes of Raichu, Marowak and Meowth. No English names as of yet. English trailer was announced mid afternoon. New Pokemon are called Wishiwashi, Pyukumuku and Morelull.
18th August 2016: GamesCon Germany goes in depth with Battle Royale, showing off some of the moves the new Pokemon have. Check out this post: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-discussion-mkii.3578318/page-79#post-6950882 For more information. They also showed us a new Pokemon; Turtonator.
19th August 2016: Sandygast and Palossand are the english names of the Sandcastle Pokemon revealed in Corocoro, as well as Stufful being the prevolution of Bewear. Crabrawler is also shown.
1st September 2016: More information on Z moves and Alolan Rattata are revealed in a Nintendo 3DS Direct. There is also an "early buyer" Munchlax available. Pulverizing Pancake is revealed to be Snorlax's own Z Move. It requires Giga Impact to be in Snorlax's moveset in order to be used.
6th September 2016: Team Aether is introduced as another Team that appear to be on the right side of the law... Type: Null, Jangmo-o, Alolan Faticate Raticate are revealed as well as the mysterious and ethereal UB-01 who appears to be an "Ultra Beast". Dexio from Kalos appears to give you the Zygarde collection quest. They also introduced the version differences.
7th September 2016: Japan gets an exclusive trailer which highlights Solgaleo and Lunala. It also has lots of imagery of new locations and Alolan Professor Oak. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oO_P4GX_RA
12th September 2016: Corocoro leaks revealing UB-02 Beauty and UB-02 Expansion. It also shows off the evolutions to Rockruff (Jap Name: Lugarugan, Midday and Midnight forme). It also gave some details on the Munchlax and also some untranslated information about Pokemon GO.

14th September 2016: Japanese Pokemon website updates and the West gets their first footage of Ultra Beasts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z8hARTlZrE UB02 is called Absorption in English. Beauty retains its name.

20th September 2016: New youtube video presents 3 new Pokemon: Passimian, Oranguru, and both formes of Lycanroc. It also shows off even more trainer customization and Pokemon Refresh (which we presume to be analogous to Pokemon Amie). Eevee and Pikachu also get exclusive Z Moves. https://youtu.be/m8lfI66T5II

4th October 2016: Youtube released the middle stages of the Starters; Dartrix, Torracat and Brionne. It gives us a teaser of many different play aspects called the festival Plaza. It also confirms Mega Evolution. Demo is due for release on the 18th of October, one month before the games are released internationally. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciqAkdXQ9dw

12th October 2016: Corocoro leaks and shows us Alolan Grimer and Jangmo-O's evolutions as well as Type:Nulls evolution

14th October 2016: Youtube releases a new video showing Silvally (Type: Nulls apparent evolution), Hakamo-O (the evolution of Jangmo-O), Kommo-O (the final form of Jangmo-O), Ribombee (the evolution of Cutiefly), Steenee (evolution of Bounsweet), Tsareena (Final evolution of Bounsweet), Alolan Grimer and Alolan Muk. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ4I_0DP4fc

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
14th September 2016: Japanese Pokemon website updates and the West gets their first footage of Ultra Beasts. UB02 is called Absorption in English. Beauty retains its name.
20th September 2016: New youtube video presents 3 new Pokemon: Passimian, Oranguru, and both formes of Lycanroc. It also shows off even more trainer customization and Pokemon Refresh (which we presume to be analogous to Pokemon Amie). Eevee and Pikachu also get exclusive Z Moves
4th October 2016: Youtube releases the middle stages of the Starters; Dartrix, Torracat and Brionne. It gives us a teaser of many different play aspects called the festival Plaza. It also confirms Mega Evolution. Demo is due for release on the 18th of October, one month before the games are released internationally.
12th October 2016: Corocoro leaks and shows us Alolan Grimer and Jangmo-O's evolutions as well as Type:Nulls evolution
14th October 2016: Youtube releases a new video showing Silvally (Type: Nulls apparent evolution), Hakamo-O (the evolution of Jangmo-O), Kommo-O (the final form of Jangmo-O), Ribombee (the evolution of Cutiefly), Steenee (evolution of Bounsweet), Tsareena (Final evolution of Bounsweet), Alolan Grimer and Alolan Muk.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
HP Calcs For Pokemon We have seen in trailers: **Small Spoilers Follow**

This excellent post by Project_Mars Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKIII *Official Media Only*

Pokemon: 0 IV 0 EV - 31 IV 0 EV - 31 IV 252 EV

A-Raticate: 88-86 - 72-71 - 40

Alolan Raticate (192 at Level 70): 81 - 65 - 34

A-Vulpix: 43 - 27 - N/A

A-Ninetails: 78 - 63 - 31

Alolan Ninetales (148 at level 50): 88 - 73 - 41

A-Raichu: 69 - 54-53 - 22

Alolan Raichu (120 at level 50): 60 - 45 - 13

A-Exeggutor: 107-106 - 91 - 60-59

Alolan Exeggutor (202 at level 50): 142 - 127 - 95

Other Alolan Exeggutor (234 at level 70): 110 - 95 - 63

Rowlet: 89-80 - 74-65 - 42-33

Litten: 53-50 - 37-35 - 6-3

Incineroar (158 at level 50): 98 - 83 - 51

Popplio: 63-60 - 47-45 - 16-13

Wishiwashi: 55 - 40-39 - 8-7

Cutifly: 52-50 - 36-35 - 7

Salandit: 49-48 - 34-33 - 2

Minior: 72-71 - 56-55 - 25-24

Minior (148 at level 50): 88 - 73 - 41

Other(?) Minior (142 at level 50): 83 - 68 - 35

Comfey: 59-58 - 44-42 - 12-11

Oranguru: 105 - 90 - 58

Lycanroc-Midday: 81 - 65 - 34

Bruxish: 82 - 67-66 - 35

Bruxish (143 at level 50): 83 - 68 - 36

Palossand: 93 - 77 - 46

Gumshoos: 98-97 - 82-81 - 49-48

Togedemaru: 76-75 - 61-60 - 29-28

Pyukumuku: 102-100 - 86-85 - 55-53

Turtonator: 71-70 - 56-55 - 24-23

Stufful: 80-78 - 65-63 - 33-31

Zygarde 10%: 65 - 50 - 18

Zygarde 100%: 231 - 216 - 184

Solgaleo: 152 - 137 - 105

Tapu stats (172 at level 60): 85 - 70 - 38

Psychic Oriocorio (135 at level 50): 75 - 60 - 28

Charjabg (123 at level 37): 103 - 88 - 56

And then this summary post by our resident stat guru Marty Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKIII *Official Media Only*

Magearna: 80-95 HP (likely 95 since the ally Eevee had 0 IVs)

Rowlet: 65-89 HP, also 64-79 HP, therefore 65-79 HP --> 68 HP
Litten: 35-53 HP, also 30-45 HP, also 39-58, therefore 39-45 HP
Popplio: 49-66 HP, also 35-53 HP, therefore 49-53 HP

Solgaleo: 137-152 HP

Yungoos: 35-74 HP, also 35-55 HP, therefore 35-55 HP
Pikipek: 29-49 HP

Rockruff: 45-62 HP, also 39-54 HP, therefore 45-54 HP

Tapu Koko: 70-85 HP
Charjabug: 42-57 HP --> 57 HP
Vikavolt: 61-77 HP, also 75-91 HP, also 62-77 HP, therefore 75-77 HP
Bruxish: 66-82 HP, also 53-68 HP, therefore 66-68 HP --> 68 HP
Cutiefly: 35-52 HP
Togedemaru: 50-65 HP, also 60-76 HP, therefore 60-65 HP
Mudsdale: 103-118 HP

Salandit: 33-49 HP

Bewear: 105-121 HP
Mimikyu: 55-70 HP
Comfey: 42-59 HP

Oricorio: 68-87 HP --> 75 HP
Minior: 55-72 HP, also 45-60 HP, therefore 55-60 HP
Fomantis: 25-42 HP
Lurantis: 55-71 HP
Gumshoos: 80-96 HP

Wishiwashi: 39-55 HP
Pyukumuku: 85-102 HP, but really 55 HP

Palossand: 77-93 HP
Stufful: 63-80 HP

Crabrawler: 35-54 HP

Turtonator: 55-71 HP

Oranguru: 87-104 HP, also 90-105 HP, therefore 90-104 HP
Lycanroc: 65-81 HP, also 74-89 HP, therefore 74-81 HP

Torracat: 58-74 HP, also 64-80 HP, therefore 64-74 HP
Brionne: 43-61 HP
Dartrix: 74-91 HP
Tsareena: 62-78 HP
Kommo-o: 68-84 HP

Incineroar: 83-98 HP

Last edited:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Someone failed quite hard on the Aurorus skeleton, though. Whatever its mane is made of, it seems really weird for them to have bone plates inside like that. It looks like some designer was told to draw an Aurorus skeleton and then realized it was indistinguishable from a real-world dinosaur, so he hastily added bone plates for the mane.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Yeah, Aurorus's mane is an aurora, aka made of light, it shouldn't have anything there. To get around that they could maybe have drawn a paper/cardboard display there, like whatever this place is (museum?) was trying to show it was an Aurorus.

I'd like to make a suggestion. We'll soon be getting a new thread with datamined info. Like me, I'm certain many people are eager to learn competitive info on new mons (types, ability, movepool, base stats, new moves and Z-moves, etc) but don't want any story spoilers (opponents we're facing and their teams, background music, text lines, etc) which are also likely to be in the demo. Could we have different threads for those?

Sun and Moon are really shaking up the old formula with no gyms, Ultra beasts, Aether Foundation, Zygarde cells and much more. I'm sure most of us would like to experience it first-hand. This doesn't change the fact we are interested in knowing the competitive potential of new mons and the competitive changes being introduced, so we can plan our in-game teams better (we can hyper train them now, it would be awesome to play some serious competitive matches on wi-fi with your first team ever from Gen VII).

In addition to that, if we look at precedent, there's a chance showdown will get updated before/shortly after launch and it would be nice to be aware of the competitive changes so you can join in without having the fun of experiencing Alola on the 3DS spoiled.

If, for some reason, making separate threads is not viable, I hope there'll still be some way of following the competitive part of the leaks without spoiling the adventure!

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
I'd like to make a suggestion. We'll soon be getting a new thread with datamined info. Like me, I'm certain many people are eager to learn competitive info on new mons (types, ability, movepool, base stats, new moves and Z-moves, etc) but don't want any story spoilers (opponents we're facing and their teams, background music, text lines, etc) which are also likely to be in the demo. Could we have different threads for those?

Sun and Moon are really shaking up the old formula with no gyms, Ultra beasts, Aether Foundation, Zygarde cells and much more. I'm sure most of us would like to experience it first-hand. This doesn't change the fact we are interested in knowing the competitive potential of new mons and the competitive changes being introduced, so we can plan our in-game teams better (we can hyper train them now, it would be awesome to play some serious competitive matches on wi-fi with your first team ever from Gen VII).

In addition to that, if we look at precedent, there's a chance showdown will get updated before/shortly after launch and it would be nice to be aware of the competitive changes so you can join in without having the fun of experiencing Alola on the 3DS spoiled.

If, for some reason, making separate threads is not viable, I hope there'll still be some way of following the competitive part of the leaks without spoiling the adventure!
This has already been done.

Read other posts in the forum: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon-sun-and-moon-demo-datamine-collection.3584810/ Here and http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...on-subforum-please-read.3578317/#post-7034888 Here.

We know how to handle stuff like this and it is all very much in hand. If you don't want Story spoilers, wait until the relevant dump thread is posted and you will be fine. Chances are there will be a separate thread for proper discussion of JUST stats only. People are being very jittery, which is why I have tagged stuff with big red SPOILERS!!! tags. It's unlikely that things will be posted "raw" to the forums, and not to paste bins etc, but it's not a problem to create other threads. Basically, don't venture into those threads if you really want to avoid stuff.

I said in all other threads, I'll say again, now that this is the official Sun and Moon thread:

I have never been this hyped for a Pokémon game, and I've been getting all the hype one can get for the past 20 years. After getting somewhat disappointed at ORAS, not that the game itself is bad, but I expected way more, after XY, I have hopes as high as a Rayquaza flying to meet Deoxys.

With the demo coming out in less than 24 hours, we're now entering the final stretch of the wait for Sun and Moon. I'm personally having a tough time coming to grip with the fact that it's been 5 years since the release of BW, 3 since XY, and 2 since ORAS. Even though time keeps happening and we're all getting older, it's always around this time that I remember the 12-year-old Pokemon fan, that still looks at everything in the games with wonder, deep inside me. Indeed, the aspect of a new generation that I look forward to the most isn't any specific Pokemon, or even the new metagames, but instead a new adventure in a new region, with new Pokemon. The feel of exploring the unknown and making discoveries. The sudden surprise of seeing an old Pokemon learn a new move, and then wondering what it does. It's this that makes me barely able to wait for November 18th.

Which is why, I suppose, I wish people wouldn't datamine the demo (Rather, I wish Game Freak would learn their lesson after ORAS). Now, I understand that others want to learn the base stats, movepools, abilities, and so on of the new Pokemon so that they can prepare in advance for competitive play. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that; I love theorymonning with new Pokemon and moves myself. And I know perfectly well that I don't have to look at the data dumps; and indeed, I won't. I also know that, thanks to the excellent work of OI's staff, we can see the details of the new Pokemon without having the story spoiled; personally I'm not going to look at either. If it weren't for Ash-Greninja, I probably wouldn't even download the demo. Nevertheless, I guess I just miss the days after XY's release when we could all have a good time sharing what details we discovered not through hacks and data dumps, but by playing the game.

Gen VII will be a first for me, since it will be the first generation that I go into with a fully competitive mindset. I knew a bit about EVs in BW, and then figured out Natures and IVs for the Maison in XY and eventually started dabbling in VGC. I started to get serious in ORAS, though the VGC 2016 metagame turned me off quite a bit. Now, though, my plan for Sun and Moon is to go through the main story with the EXP. Share on at all times, so that I can regularly rotate out my team and thus test out as many things as possible.

The hype is just as real now as it was when I first saw pictures of Zorua and Zoroark more than 6 years ago. 31 days remain - let the countdown begin.

Last edited:
I feel you, lucariomaster2. Since I was around the 10-year old mark, playing Pokémon Green in Japanese without having any idea on what was going on, I fell in love. Even though I was stuck in the Viridian Forest for over a week, and my Charizard was already level 70+ when I left.

Then, a while later, I was sitting at home with an English-Portuguese dictionary and a notebook, taking notes of the phrases in Pokémon Red, trying to understand the game and learning English as a side-effect.

Then being able to play with a Pikachu following me and being able to transfer that Pikachu with my Articuno and Mewtwo to my Silver, to defeat the E4 with it after wandering around in a whole new continent.

Then it happened again and again, roughly every 3 years or so. Even though I wasn't able to play gen 4 and 5 on the releases, before I had enough money to buy a DS, and I was stupid enough to buy a Pokémon White 4 months before BW2 was released, but as I didn't know anything about gen 5, each and every Pokémon I found was a wonder.

In XY, things were amazing, it was a whole new world, and that's exactly what I'm expecting with this game. Sun and Moon are celebration games, and I'm sure as hell expecting to celebrate every second of them. My birthday is on November 23rd, so it's my b-day gift this year.

Hello friends. We're getting so close to the release date, I'm really excited. I'm pretty much set on Moon, gotta remember to pre-order it. The hype is real. And since everyone else is pouring their hearts out itt, now it's my turn.

I'm really glad I joined Smogon at the time I did. I didn't expect to stick around for anything other than finding a tutor, but while I was waiting, I figured I'd take a look at OI, since it was the forum I thought I'd know most about. I saw the Sun and Moon convo, jumped right in, and I couldn't be happier to have watched this game progress with all of you guys. Talking with everyone in the SM thread was one of the best parts of being on Smogon. I'm so glad I decided to stick around and post in OI. I couldn't have asked for a better group of people to discuss this game with, and I'm so happy to actually feel like I could be part of a community.

We're getting closer and closer to the release date, and the thought of all of us playing Sun and Moon together and having new things to discuss excites me. Thanks for the good times, OI. It's been a fun ride, and I can't wait to discuss the future of pokemon with you all.

Sea Urchin Hex Maniac is the first impression I have. Let's see if we can find it when/if the demo comes out and gets datamined.

Looks pretty interesting. If I were to guess it's type, I'd say poison.

It actually kinda looks like that one CAP, or at least, the "hair" does. Crucibelle, right?

At first glance I mistoke it for one of the CAP projects (The one that lives in the pot, forgot the name.) because of its hair. It definitely looks like a sea anemone Pokemon, which is pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)