Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKIII *Official Media Only*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked on Serebii and found this:

From Serebii: "A new Alola Form has been revealed. This Alola Form is of Alolan Persian, the evolution of Alolan Meowth and was revealed on the front cover of the upcoming Alolan Pokédex guide to be released in Japan on December 14th 2016."

That head though...

So with how overexposed the Jangmo-o line has been it's pretty much confirmed that it isn't the Pseudo right? If so it would be unprecendented for them to completely reveal the whole line pre-release. IMO, it's definitely Haxorus 2. It's even designed around a very specific concept, armour/protection, the way Hax is designed around axes/weaponry. It does make me wonder whether Kommo-o will be more defensively oriented. It probably will be relative to Haxorus but I'm still expecting at least one decent offensive stat. The only FE Dragon I can think of with both offensive stats below 100 is Altaria.

Last edited:
So with how overexposed the Jangmo-o line has been it's pretty much confirmed that it isn't the Pseudo right? If so it would be unprecendented for them to completely reveal the whole line pre-release. IMO, it's definitely Haxorus 2.
They have been breaking so many traditions it's better to not assume anything beforehand.

Oh God, what have they done...?

Why is this okay? If they wanted a fat cat, make it fat. Don't just stick a fat cat's head onto a lithe cat's body! I can see why they held off for so long...

I suppose it matches Meowth now, though. This is another Red Gyarados thing, except with the head. Sorry to gripe, but just...this!

I kind of want to play through Blue with a Persian now, just in solidarity.

Its face reminds me of Garfield

It's kinda surprising that for a pokemon that was supposedly bred by loyalty, it looks less regal than it's regular counterpart, at least, to me. Though the "fatness" could come from the fact that many royalty of the past were fat due to not having to work. Maybe Alolan Persian is used to just sitting around and eating all day.

Maybe it'll look better in 3D?

Last edited:
It's face reminds me of Garfield

It's kinda surprising that for a pokemon that was supposedly bred by loyalty, it looks less regal than it's regular counterpart, at least, to me. Though the "fatness" could come from the fact that many royalty of the past were fat due to not having to work. Maybe Alolan Persian is used to just sitting around and eating all day.

Arceus is dead.

Oh God, what have they done...?

Why is this okay? If they wanted a fat cat, make it fat. Don't just stick a fat cat's head onto a lithe cat's body! I can see why they held off for so long...

I suppose it matches Meowth now, though. This is another Red Gyarados thing, except with the head. Sorry to gripe, but just...this!

I kind of want to play through Blue with a Persian now, just in solidarity.
It's not a fat cat. It's a type of actual Persian cat.

It's face reminds me of Garfield

It doesn't trust me, but now it actually looks like an in-bred persian, like it supposed to be.

Mega Rayquaza using Flying Z Crystal with Dragon Ascent will just be amazing.
Being able to use both in the same battle doesn't necessarily imply that you can use both on the same Pokemon. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they disabled Mega Evolution on a Rayquaza holding a Z-Crystal.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So with how overexposed the Jangmo-o line has been it's pretty much confirmed that it isn't the Pseudo right? If so it would be unprecendented for them to completely reveal the whole line pre-release. IMO, it's definitely Haxorus 2. It's even designed around a very specific concept, armour/protection, the way Hax is designed around axes/weaponry. It does make me wonder whether Kommo-o will be more defensively oriented. It probably will be relative to Haxorus but I'm still expecting at least one decent offensive stat. The only FE Dragon I can think of with both offensive stats below 100 is Altaria.
Kingdra :(
Dragalge :(
Noivern :(

Well, they still all have a decent SpA (and even atk for Kingdra), but it wouldn't be new either

(Even if I do believe it is the semi)

Thought I should just copy and paste my thoughts on A-Persian here.

As I look over A-Persian again, I think I know why I dislike it so much. It isn't that the head is an odd shape, because heck, it had potential to be a good design! It's that the rest of the body is still relatively lean, which gives it a horrible bobble-head appearance. If they took the time to maybe even out the design, and maybe give the head more feeling instead of a round ball (someone on another forum did some art of how it could of looked, which is immensely better. See it in the hide tag.) and give it the appearance of an actually cat by giving it lots of fluffiness, I would of liked A-Persian. But alas, it's a wasted design from what could of been a great Pokemon.

Yeah, I think that the main issue with Alola Persian is the fact that it has a round head, which would fit well on a fat Pokémon, on a rather sleek body, giving it a quite jarring appearance.

I doubt anyone would have had an issue if Alola Persian had a more Purugly-esque appearance. Sure, there would still be disappointment for various reasons, but at least a "fat" Persian would fit its pampered nature well and would make sense design-wise.

Agreed. If the head was proportional the body, it'd look way better. Persian never really looked that much like an actual persian cat anyway, so I don't mind the lack of fluffiness too much, although it would be a nice touch.

I doubt anyone would have had an issue if Alola Persian had a more Purugly-esque appearance. Sure, there would still be disappointment for various reasons, but at least a "fat" Persian would fit its pampered nature well and would make sense design-wise.
I don't think I would've minded a fat Persian. As you said, I think it'd fit with its pampered lifestyle. In fact, fat Persian makes more sense to me than fat Raticate.

That doesn't excuse it literally having a sphere for a head.
Yes it does because its based on the deformed and terribly unhealthy Persian Cat that human beings, in real life, bred to be so borked in the face. I like it in the fact that it sheds light on terrible human breeding issues associated with dog and cat fancy that is ultimately absurd and terrible.

My thoughts on Alolan Persian:

It's possible that this is just some artwork and not the official design, but I'm not going to bank on that. I don't care too much about Persian, so this doesn't bother me much.

Reactions: TPP
Pokemon's Japanese YT channel just released a new video:

It's light on new content but seems to confirm Mimikyuu gets some sort of electric-type move. It's also our first glimpse at what seems to be the Fairy-type Z-move.

It's also adorable.
When someone translates this, Im going to imagine some Skull grunts moving around while singing this to cheer it on.

EDIT: Found the lyrics from someone in the comments!
EDIT EX: Translator from tv tropes gave me the right lyrics

YO YO, listen to Mimikyu's rap

I'm not Pikachu, I'm Mimikyu, you hear?
Just a lonesome little Mimikyu, you hear?

The sun in the sky it's just a little scary
The places I love are where it's nice and gloomy
I really want to be friends with all of you
That's why I try to be just like Pikachu

These clothes I'm wearing, you think they look fitting?
I made them myself, isn't that amazing?
Don't flip it up, that'd just be the worst
If you take a peak, you might get cursed

I'm not a monster, I'm Mimikyu, you hear?

With my big claws I'll definitely protect you
With Thunderbolt I'm sure to be a help to you
I'll train to be your ally to the end
So please, won't you make me your friend?

Let's become friends, I'm Mimikyu, you hear?
Just a lonesome little Mimikyu, you hear?

I'm not a monster, I'm Mimikyu, you hear?
Let's become friends, I'm Mimikyu, you hear?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)