Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKIII *Official Media Only*

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Whatever attack Mimikyu uses against that Espeon looks incredible! HANDS. DEAD HANDS.

dusk raimon

Banned deucer.
Wwhen someone translates this, Im going to imagine some Skull grunts moving around while singing this to cheer it on.

EDIT: Found the lyrics from someone in the comments!
EDIT EX: Translator from tv tropes gave me the right lyrics

YO YO, listen to Mimikyu's rap

I'm not Pikachu, I'm Mimikyu, you hear
Just a lonesome little Mimikyu, you hear

The sun in the sky it's just a little scary
The places I love are where it's nice and gloomy
I really want to be friends with all of you
That's why I try to be just like Pikachu

These clothes I'm wearing, you think they look fitting?
I made them myself, isn't that amazing?
Don't flip it up, that'd just be the worst
If you take a peak, you might get cursed

I'm not a monster, I'm Mimikyu, you hear

With my big claws I'll definitely protect you
With Thunderbolt I'm sure to be a help to you
I'll train to be your ally to the end
So please, won't you make me your friend?

Let's become friends, I'm Mimikyu, you hear
Just a lonesome little Mimikyu, you hear

I'm not a monster, I'm Mimikyu, you hear
Let's become friends, I'm Mimikyu, you hear
thats so sad ;c

Pokemon's Japanese YT channel just released a new video:

It's light on new content but seems to confirm Mimikyuu gets some sort of electric-type move. It's also our first glimpse at what seems to be the Fairy-type Z-move.

It's also adorable.
That is the single most precious thing I've ever seen.

It's great to see Mimikyu at least get Thunderbolt as Electric-type coverage, furthering its gimmick of trying to imitate Pikachu.

I need a Mimikyu plushie to hug now.....

Alright, I'm gonna say it ( and excuse this somewhat bigoted opinion ): I find the stance or whatever that triggers the ( most likely ) fairy type Z-move to be absolutely ridiculous. The thought of seeing the male character doing that unsettles me so much that I can hardly put it into words. Heck, even when the girl did it I cringed.

I really liked Pikachu's cutey dance moves, but this? Did not. /endrant

That aside, I really hope we also get a translation like they did with the Slowpoke song.

Alright, I'm gonna say it ( and excuse this somewhat bigoted opinion ): I find the stance or whatever that triggers the ( most likely ) fairy type Z-move to be absolutely ridiculous. The thought of seeing the male character doing that unsettles me so much that I can hardly put it into words. Heck, even when the girl did it I cringed.

I really liked Pikachu's cutey dance moves, but this? Did not. /endrant

That aside, I really hope we also get a translation like they did with the Slowpoke song.
All of the poses we've seen look ridiculous, there's nothing new here, really. Every dance we've seen so far just looks completely absurd it's nothing that special to add to the collection imo. It might be on the upper end of said collection but it isn't really anything that special. Nothing wrong with it As for the video itself...
I really want to be friends with all of you
That's why I try to be just like Pikachu
omg I just want to hug it ;;
Cool video even if the Fairy Z-Move and Ghost Z-Move confirmation to be the type exclusive one was the only thing that was really new. They really portrayed the mimicking Pikachu really well here and its desire to make friends. It gives the Pokemon a unique identity. :)

Last edited:
Alright, I'm gonna say it ( and excuse this somewhat bigoted opinion ): I find the stance or whatever that triggers the ( most likely ) fairy type Z-move to be absolutely ridiculous. The thought of seeing the male character doing that unsettles me so much that I can hardly put it into words.
Some people get worked up over the pettiest things. :D

Now, as for Alolan Persian, I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE ITS STUPID FACE, GRRR I HOPE IT DIES IN A FIRE YOU HEAR ME GAMEFREAK YOU HAVE RUINED POKEMON!!!!!!1

Is it just me, or does it look a bit like they've just put Litleo's round-with-a-:3-face head on Persian's body?

Edit: I love Mimikyu. It's awesome. It's made the team.

And I still don't understand how a cartoon character making a pose in a game could possibly bother anyone that much.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Some people get worked up over the pettiest things. :D

Now, as for Alolan Persian, I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE ITS STUPID FACE, GRRR I HOPE IT DIES IN A FIRE YOU HEAR ME GAMEFREAK YOU HAVE RUINED POKEMON!!!!!!1

Is it just me, or does it look a bit like they've just put Litleo's round-with-a-:3-face head on Persian's body?

Edit: I love Mimikyu. It's awesome. It's made the team.

And I still don't understand how a cartoon character making a pose in a game could possibly bother anyone that much.
They must have thought new Persian would appeal to American fans because it looked like Garfield

I would have thought so too, as an Asian

They must have thought new Persian would appeal to American fans because it looked like Garfield

I would have thought so too, as an Asian
it seems to be more of a tribute to the negative effects of inbreeding. the royal family put all this care into getting a great looking Meowth, but didn't even care about what ultimately happened to Persian. comparing this to common day animals, (the easiest quick references being to pugs or actual persian cats) inbreeding causes these deformations and leaves the animal often unintelligent and/or in poor health. all in exchange for it looking 'cute' or being 'pure'. it's a shame, really, but if more people reacted to it in real life the way they reacted to this guy it might not be so bad.

I'm all for fixing breeds like pugs, bulldogs, and persians so their skulls aren't as messed up as they are... but even then, they aren't literal bobble heads like in Persian's case.
it's cartoon hyperbole. no one cares if it's a genetic disaster, as long as it looks cute. what's wrong with inbreeds isn't just visual, it's that they literally could not survive alone. a derpy sprite is just the quickest (and clearly effective) method to make people see a problem with it

it's cartoon hyperbole. no one cares if it's a genetic disaster, as long as it looks cute. what's wrong with inbreeds isn't just visual, it's that they literally could not survive alone. a derpy sprite is just the quickest (and clearly effective) method to make people see a problem with it
My problem with this is that they've done it already with Glameow -> Purugly and Snubull ->Granbull.

With the sleeker and more 'refined' Meowth I was looking forward to a real Pantheresque Dark type Persian. Instead we got a half baked Garfield.

yeah, I was hoping for a more offensively relevant, elegant Persian but I guess this is what we get. would've been nice to see an Alolan Persian be as badass as Gen I Giovanni's Persian but there's no use complaining.

on the bright side, news is less than a week away!

Some observations from the Mimikyu video:

-Mimikyu battling in a beautiful cemetery is quite nice.
- It's even cuter.
- Thunderbolt, Yahoo!
- The Fairy Z-Move looks dope.
- The battle visuals are really awesome. The richness of details in the background is amazing.
- It's incredible to see many Mimikyus together going to mine jewels.
- Double battle makes Pokémon look not only closer, but actually battling side by side.
- Mimikyu in the toy factory was really nice.
- The most important thing though is that the ability apparently isn't really a pseudo substitute. It falls asleep while the toy is still up, so even though it acts like a subs regarding damage, status afflictions still apply.

Ps.: This song is now my ringtone.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Apparently, we are only getting 7 trials... Hopefully they mean 7 trials in Melemele Island and not seven across all islands.
Any evidence for this? Any articles/links/information to support this either way? That's been officially revealed? Cause all I heard was a lot of rumours and not a lot of evidence apart from a few typos and a changed article from a Spanish website.

Any evidence for this? Any articles/links/information to support this either way? That's been officially revealed? Cause all I heard was a lot of rumours and not a lot of evidence apart from a few typos and a changed article from a Spanish website.
I think its mentioned in the gameplay footage.

Anyways, the typings of the trials represent the colours of the rainbow. Random thing I noticed. So typings for the trials are: Normal (Orange?), Water (Blue), Grass (Green), Fire (Red), Electric (Yellow), Ghost (Violet) and possibly Dragon (Indigo).

The young lady with the Mudsdale and blue-haired man with the Pelliper in the demo trialer could be Kahunas, perhaps? Not so sure about the blue-haired man, as he could pass for Trial Captain, though. But for sure they use Ground-types and possibly Flying-types.

I think its mentioned in the gameplay footage.

Anyways, the typings of the trials represent the colours of the rainbow. Random thing I noticed. So typings for the trials are: Normal (Orange?), Water (Blue), Grass (Green), Fire (Red), Electric (Yellow), Ghost (Violet) and possibly Dragon (Indigo).

The young lady with the Mudsdale and blue-haired man with the Pelliper in the demo trialer could be Kahunas, perhaps? Not so sure about the blue-haired man, as he could pass for Trial Captain, though. But for sure they use Ground-types and possibly Flying-types.
but what about Olivia? Her speciallity is rock-type Pokémon

(oh, nevermind. ~trials~)

TM31.png

Excuse the poor quality, the video was only in 360p.

Looks like while you're in Ilima's Trial, you find TM31 Brick Break (かわらわり Tile Break).

Stuff like this is OK to post here, right? how do you do the spoiler tags

Last edited by a moderator:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
View attachment 72193

Excuse the poor quality, the video was only in 360p.

Looks like while you're in Ilima's Trial, you find TM31 Brick Break (かわらわり Tile Break).

Stuff like this is OK to post here, right? how do you do the spoiler tags
The code is as follows:
Code:
[hide=topic]

Topic information

[/hide]
Which turns into this:

Topic information

I edited your post to hide its contents. Anything like this, although official, should be in spoiler tags please!

The code is as follows:
Code:
[hide=topic]

Topic information

[/hide]
Which turns into this:

Topic information

I edited your post to hide its contents. Anything like this, although official, should be in spoiler tags please!
Thanks.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So there's only 7 trials? Thought there would be more, so I guess maybe Melemele, Akale, & the mountain island will have 2 Trials each with the desert island 1? Because they said each Island has a Kahuna and you need to defeat Trial Captains to battle the Kahuna so I'm guess there's at least one per island. I really go to look through the trailer the demo shows and these new videos later on today, I've been slacking off a bit due to work messing with my schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)