Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKIII *Official Media Only*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't keep up with alerts help.

This Pokémon is able to move about while completely masking its presence from others. Once an opponent has lost sight of it, Decidueye seizes the chance to attack it unawares. In a tenth of a second, Decidueye plucks an arrow quill from within its wing and sends its hurtling toward its target. Its speed is astonishing, but not more so than its precise aim, which enables the arrow quill to pierce a target through and through from half a mile or more away!
This description is amazing. Decidueye really being portrayed as a typical Sniper.

It loses the desire to fight when faced with a Pokémon that’s clearly weak or injured, and it sometimes gets taken advantage of as a result.
To me a Fire/Dark implies a underhand tactics and the like. Dark Type has a lot of these (Sucker Punch, Foul Play etc etc) so I wonder why it doesn't wish to fight these?

This annoucement is literally one of the best so far.

! Why did it just dawn to me now that the music when they showed Red and Blue in the trailer is a remix of Blue's encounter theme!? It sounds awesome!

Then why didn't Wally grow?

Or for that matter... why was Wally showcased alongside champions? Did he... become one?
I think there are two explanations here. First is that since Wally has been shown to be sickly, he might not have grown drastically during puberty, and stayed lanky. Some people are like that. Wally also seemed slightly younger than Brendan, so assuming Brendan and Red/Green are the same age, Red/Blue should look older than Wally.

The second explanation only makes sense if you believe that ORAS is a different canon from RSE and takes place at a different time, i.e. RSE is parallel with FRLG, but ORAS is not. And the Wally they show is ORAS!Wally, which is younger than RSE!Wally.

OK, a hidden third explanation. Actually not much time has passed, and Red/Blue didn't age by much. Red just hit puberty with a shovel, and somehow ended up with a neck twice the size of Blue's.

I see Red seems to wear a Z-Ring while Blue doesn't. Hoping Catrastopika will at least be threatening now and not just mascot pandering.

Also, I really dislike how they're not paying attention to detail. Disregarding Cynthia's Garchomp's gender and going out of their way to swap Gallade's ball from a regular to an Ultra ball is really a shame when they're doing such a great job of keeping up nostalgia on other fronts :/

It's kinda strange how Red and Blue aged, but Cynthia and Wally didn't.
Contextually, it's been at least five years for Red and Blue, assuming that Unova I came after Johto-Sinnoh. There's a fair chance that it's been longer, given the apparent age difference from then and now. We know that Red was ten for Red and Blue, but he looks older than fifteen here.

To be fair, Wally should be around the same age as Red and Blue, unless he was actually a bit younger than Brendan and May, which may make sense, given his back story. Either that, or ORAS really did take place concurrent with XY, and after BW2, but that's another mess.

I see Red seems to wear a Z-Ring while Blue doesn't. Hoping Catrastopika will at least be threatening now and not just mascot pandering.

Also, I really dislike how they're not paying attention to detail. Disregarding Cynthia's Garchomp's gender and going out of their way to swap Gallade's ball from a regular to an Ultra ball is really a shame when they're doing such a great job of keeping up nostalgia on other fronts :/
They might just have bred their respective signature Pokemon. So Cynthia may have ended up with a male Rough Skin Garchomp, and Wally may have bred for IVs because clearly RNGesus didn't smile upon him on Route 102.

Last edited:
I can't keep up with alerts help.

To me a Fire/Dark implies a underhand tactics and the like. Dark Type has a lot of these (Sucker Punch, Foul Play etc etc) so I wonder why it doesn't wish to fight these?

This annoucement is literally one of the best so far.
It's because it's not evil, it's an Heel wrestler, it only pretends to be evil and underhanded. It's trying to draw reactions from the crowd!

Pokemon Sun and Moon's post-game is gonna be fun. Alolan Pokemon League and after that, you get access to the Battle Tree. Hot damn. Not to mention any legendary Pokemon you go for.

When, in the same morning, they reveal that the grass starter is part ghost, Littenlucha s Fire Dark and not Figthing, that Red, Blue (not Leaf tho :( ), Cynthia, and Wally appear in the game and Serena kisses Ash...

This was a good day

Too bad that's not how that's going to turn out because you can just slap a Z-Move on something already good and make it even better instead of using something that sucks.

When you give eveything the same new option, people are just going to stick to what already works.
I thought the same, but many good Pokémon can't afford the loss of its item, whle there are several Pokémon with "Just put lefties or something, idk" syndrome

WOAH, after the Demo leaks I wasn't expecting anything exciting, but oh boy, was I wrong.

- Decidueye: who would've expected final Rowlet's evo to be Grass/Ghost, likely the only starter whose typing anyone took for granted (someone thought fire/fight for Litten3 and Water/Psychic for Popplio3, but no one doubted Grass/Flying for Rowlet3)... It's so random, I don't know... I mean, I love ghost types, but Decidueye (what a name...) doesn't really look "ghostly", on the contrary it looks much more a Flying type than anything else... That's cool though, I mean, it's a more unique and overall superior typing and it gets a ghost signature move (I hope it'll be decent, the effect is already great), and surely it isn't the first "flying" Pokémon that doesn't get the Flying type. It could be based on how silent and "ghostly" owls can be while hunting, or considering its long legs and "loss" of the flying type, it could be connected to the extinct (hence "dead") Hawaiian Stilt owl, a mostly terrestrial owl. Anyway, this is definitely one of my favorite starters ever, maybe even my favorite one.

- Inceneroar: hilarious name, hilarious poses, it really has a great personality in-game. I'm one of those who're a bit annoyed by the fact the most fire starters are anthropomorphic (and most of them fighters too), but actually this one is likely my favorite "anthropomorphic" one. Confirmed Fire/Dark is great, and if it'll be powerful enough it could distinguish itself fairly well from other fire types. Its signature move looks cool, as even this one has a cool effect and Dark Type too doesn't have many powerful moves (even if surely more useful ones than Ghost).

- Primarina: really beautiful and elegant, it's soo much better animated. It confirms too the Water/Fairy type, and it looks as the most "solid" of the Trio, hoping it'll get a good movepool (PLEASE get recover). Its signature move isn't that impressive at first (damages the target, but also cures burns... meh), I hope it'll be interesting enough to justify its drawback (except for niche applications like against status abusers, or to cure an ally if it works like Earthquake/Surf). On the other side, the animation when it attacks is SUPERB.

Overall, these new starters have the best dedicated animations ever appeared in a Pokémon game. I'm really really happy to see another trio with so much personality.

- Tapu Lele: incredibly cute and with a fearsome ability! It could easily become the best psychic/fairy so far, can't wait for its stats and movepool.

- Tapu Bulu: probably my least favorite of the Tapus, I do appreciate it though. Everyone was expecting Fire/Fairy, I had Fight/Fairy vibes but we got a Grass/Fairy instead... Well, it does make sense. It really wished for an immunity to priority as Tapu Lele, considering its x4 weakness to Flying...

- Tapu Fini: my favorite of the Tapus, it's just so fascinating and refined... Confirms Water/Fairy despite someone expecting Ghost/Fairy, definitely less cool but pretty much appropriate. As I expected it doesn't have Drizzle nor a non-sense "Water Terrain" inducing ability, it just uses a Misty Terrain inducing ability... Which isn't as interesting as Tapu Lele/Koko, but I guess it's pretty cool, especially in double.

So the Oricorio theory is definitely dismantled... not that I care much.

- Tapu Z move: OWH GOD THIS IS AMAZING! It's so exaggerated and powerful! I can't easily guess the typing though.

- Cosmog: wasn't expecting it to be presented as a random Pokémon... Are they pulling another "Carbink"? mh.. Don't know, doesn't look like. It's cute though.

- Alolan Persian: still doesn't look good, it's funny but we got enough jokes with alolan pokémons already... BUT it gets Fur Coat, and that's potentially amazing (not necessarily though, depending on its stats).

- The New League: this is an interesting concept, finally confirming the old rumours about it. It really screams "POSTGAME", I'm really excited about it.

- Battle Tree: this does looks connected to the League. It's a really fanservice-y touch but I appreciate it a lot... Seeing Blue and Red back as grown-up feels incredibly nostalgic. And CYNTHIA <3 Hope it'll be well managed.

Last edited:
On the Japanese trailer we see the player protecting Cosmog (a vulnerable pokémon) from a bunch of Spearows. Now, does that look familiar?

"Cosmog is very curious and shows no fear of people or Pokémon. If you treat it with any consideration at all, it will take an immediate liking to you. This personality trait often leads it into danger."

Welp, guess we're making a friend, Ash style.

Reactions: Mq
Now that we know the typing...What you expect as HA for each?
barring unknown abilities, I'd say the obvious choice for Decidueye is Sniper, but if they want to give it a more competitive ability I could see technician or skill link working as well
My guess for Incineroar is tough claws
Primarina I could see getting healer or maybe even dazzling

"Cosmog is very curious and shows no fear of people or Pokémon. If you treat it with any consideration at all, it will take an immediate liking to you. This personality trait often leads it into danger."

Welp, guess we're making a friend, Ash style.
And then when danger (aka Ultra Beasts) arises, it will evolve/transform into cover legendary and we'll be best friends forever. Plot solved.

After spoiling myself to death with the demo and datamining that came with it, I swear I thought there wouldn't a single trailer that would pick my interest anymore... Oh boy, how fucking wrong I was. The moment I saw Blue and Red, nostalgia hit me so hard that I got a shiver down the spine; that's just plain awesome.

Btw, aged Red is looking really, really good. Completely lost his derpy look from the original red & blue and I can already see the incoming fanart.

Also, with Decidueye being a sneaky sniper, Incineroar being ... well, Incineroar and Primarina being a troll, I like how all of the Starters are dirty fighters this time around. lol
That fits, if you take into consideration that all of their secondary types can be considered as "Types of the Night" - the more demonic interpretation of the Fae being used here.

barring unknown abilities, I'd say the obvious choice for Decidueye is Sniper, but if they want to give it a more competitive ability I could see technician or skill link working as well
My guess for Incineroar is tough claws
Primarina I could see getting healer or maybe even dazzling
Or ya know they can pull a trollfreak on us and give Decidueye Keen Eye.

Jokes aside I honestly lost all my hype after seeing all the leaks in the demo data mine thread but what got me hyped again is the fact that we can now battle old characters especially Red.

Also
I don't see Red doing the Z-dance anytime soon. I think he's gonna use it only for mega evolution.

I agree with everyone who already saw the leaks and said he/she couldn´t have predicted any more surprises.

I don´t know what caught me more off-guard - Rowlet´s final evolution (whose German name Silvarro I prefer much over Decidueye) becoming a Ghost type, the red bull Tapu being a Grass type, the swollen-faced Alolan Persian getting Fur Coat or being able to fight Blue and Red as grown-ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)